Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,142 members, 7,977,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:16 AM

Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens (1680 Views)

Don't Make Enemies Over Politics, Oyebanji Cautions Ekiti Citizens / Killings: FFK Reveals The Killers' Objective, Calls For Unity Among Tribes / Bandaged Fayose Addressing Ekiti Citizens After Tear Gas Saga(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by AngelGabbyShara(m): 11:56am On Oct 16
*Oyebanji reaffirms commitment to peace, unity among Ekiti citizens*

….Graces Command Performance of ‘Drums of Peace’ stage play

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has reiterated the resolve of his administration to maintain peaceful coexistence with progressive minded Ekiti citizens across the world irrespective of their political affiliation for the progress and sustainable development of the state

Governor Oyebanji gave this assurance on Tuesday in Ado Ekiti during a Command performance of “Drums of Peace”, a stage play produced and directed by Prof Rasak Ojo Bakare and performed by the Ekiti State Performing Arts Company.

Addressing the audience at the end of the two - and- a - half hours performance, Oyebanji said Ekiti must remain one indivisible state if it must attain its full potential.

The Governor restated his commitment to working with leaders across political divides, attributing the state’s rapid development over the past two years of his government to his inclusive approach to governance, which prioritize peace, respect and unity with all political stakeholders.

He said his administration remained focused in using the mandates given to him by the electorate to serve the people and respect their wishes, with peace at the forefront of his agenda for the state’s development.

Stressing that peace remains a fundamental prerequisite for growth, Governor Oyebanji called on all Ekiti indigenes to join hands with his administration in promoting peace and harmony for the sustainable development of the state.

He added that his government has consistently worked towards building a peaceful and friendly environment, where citizens can thrive regardless of their political or social leaning.

“A leader has two choices, to embrace peace and development or encourage crisis which will lead to stagnation, destruction and pains. Our story in Ekiti since the creation has been one day, one trouble and when God gave me a unique opportunity to serve in this state for eleven years before I became the Governor and that should count for something. When I find myself on this seat I made up my mind that I will seek peace with everybody.

“The reason I am saying this is to appeal to us to always pursue peace at all times. It is because we have peace in this state that the likes of Aare Afe Babalola, Chief Wole Olanipekun, Senator Femi Ojudu, Femi Falana, Senator Adeyeye, MOB, Mr Dele Alake, and others will on their own call me and look for opportunities that will benefit Ekiti”. The Governor asserted.

In attendance at the stage performance were members of the state executive council, members of the state house of assembly, top civil servants, party members and members of the public.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0o1ZCVyMDHK8g7jsxC7mtW2f9QySHNndPviUPGmmR4H1nPEJHv4sErr7kW2ryCLYzl&id=100069437032705

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by Iceiscold: 12:19pm On Oct 16
Nice one
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16
That's nice.
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by Ringstonermask: 12:21pm On Oct 16
Wire wire governor
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by anonymuz(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16
The man is so humble. Trying about payments of gratuity.
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by bewla(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16
What
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by Mindlog: 12:26pm On Oct 16
Nice one.
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by HAPPINESSWEALTH(f): 12:30pm On Oct 16
unity is what Nigerians need now to tackle the suffering in the country

we love our
role model Princess FChukwu
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by zoedew: 12:30pm On Oct 16
Refined man. Very efficient. Himself and Makinde are set to be front runners for Presidency when it gets to the turn of the SW. Not even Fayemi comes close to what they have to offer!
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by YoungLionken(m): 12:37pm On Oct 16
Ekiti (just like the naira), is one of the worst performing states in Nigeria..

God abeg, wetin we do these politicians embarassed!??

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by Meti99(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16
Oga develop ekiti
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by yourshopkwikguy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16
It's like this man is paying hugely for PR on this platform grin
You will hardly see news of him inaugurating a project or Inspecting a project either roads or any other infrastructures. I've never seen him commissioning a major project since over 2 years he's spending now.

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by jamaicabakare(m): 1:35pm On Oct 16
yourshopkwikguy:
It's like this man is paying hugely for PR on this platform grin
You will hardly see news of him inaugurating a project or Inspecting a project either roads or any other infrastructures. I've never seen him commissioning a major project since over 2 years he's spending now.

...before spewing rubbish from your ANUS, ask questions about Ekiti under BAO.
Re: Oyebanji Reaffirms Commitment To Peace, Unity Among Ekiti Citizens by Charly68: 9:06pm On Oct 16
I love the Governor ,He is a leader per excellence ...His uncanny ability to galvanize support from all leaders from different parties across the state is a great testament of a good leadership ability . As canterkerous as Fayose is,he appreciate the Governor's leadership style .

(1) (Reply)

Vigillante, doing more harm than good? / Turai Begs Senators, Don’t Disgrace Yar’adua Out Of Office’ / Do You Know This Man? What Comes To Mind Whenever You Look At Him?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.