Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,096 members, 7,987,851 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 06:23 PM

Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges (11000 Views)

2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu / Governor Ortom Serves His Aides Food To Appreciate Their Services [PHOTOS] / Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by Vouch54: 9:55am On Oct 22
Believe me or not, any police officer post on roads or an IPO at station must delivered on target amount to there senior officer be the DCO or DTO to DPO and also to senior officer s in charge, if I lie swear with your family make den die before your eye , I can't blame them oooo cox they all have responsibility to there family and friends everyone want to live large more than there salary's it's all over the world but Nigeria,

The worst of it , catch them red-handed, they will dismissed the officer , and I will start another criminal, market all sort of badly things,
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by BadBradley: 9:59am On Oct 22
Blessedman98:
Atoh, intact she would be witch hunted for exposing this now...
she won't. She's a lawyer
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by BadBradley: 10:02am On Oct 22
It's funny, the very profession that should be holding the police to account srecsame ones indirectly aiding the police in failing to do their jobs.

Nigeria police is as useless and worthless are a discarded banana peel.

As corrupt as death and as unintelligent as a rock.

This fools cannot smell crime except they are extorting or collecting bribe.

The judiciary is not far behind.
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by FashionCookie(f): 10:09am On Oct 22
Even if they collect 1million as salary, policeman no go fit stop bride. Even their body. Shiorrr undecided
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by nairalanda1(m): 10:10am On Oct 22
I know a lot of people are going to blame me for excusing the government, etc, etc...but bear with me here.

1. Our police budget for 2019 was in the region of a billion dollars...to police 260 million people. NYPD meanwhile gets ten times that...to police less than 30 million people.

So, no wonder American crimes seem to get solved easily. NIgerian crimes don't (stereotypes...heh).

2. At one point, Nigeria police had only 2 helicopters, now it is down to one. One police helicopter for ...you get it.

Remember the story of the boy in Kebbi who was caught stealing scrap metal? It was because his mother did not have enough money for his fees, and the guy needed to pay his fees, (and his headmaster testified under oath that the guy was serious about school, and was struggling with fees payment). Judge freed the boy and paid his fees.

If you want a police force that would stop stealing money from you to do their job....why not support a government that would improve tax to gdp ratio, fight corruption with all seriousness(not jail the politicans you hate and free the ones you like), diversify our economy, and do manufactured goods and services.

So that we can have enough money for our police force.

And I guarantee you, state and regional police won'tmake the problem of funding go away. If we like, we can spend every penny in the police force judiciously, it won't make the problems of funding go away.

One billion for 250 million people.

1 Like

Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by joseph1832(m): 10:11am On Oct 22
Over to the police to deny this allegation in its entirety.
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by NwaliE01: 10:15am On Oct 22
See bursting
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by themanderon: 10:37am On Oct 22
Someone once said that police work is a cursed job. What they now do is they collect money from both the complainant and the suspect and ask the both of them to settle their matter in court. This has gone on for years unending.
I once had my bag containing my valuables stolen at gunpoint. I reported to the police and was further extorted so they can open the case file. Terrible terrible people. They are more like demons in human form and that horrible uniform of theirs depicts them as such.
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by faceland: 10:38am On Oct 22
mohbadliveson:
Yet they are still as poor and wretched as ever

I don't know why. Those guys touch thousands daily.
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by Bobloco: 10:52am On Oct 22
Iceiscold:
If it's true , then its very bad..police IG should look into it

The same IG Egbetokun that was referred to as fraudulent and an electoral bandit by Fubara
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by DOUBLEBARREL(m): 10:56am On Oct 22
the sad truth is weaponization of poverty is a tool created by the greedy non-public service oriented elites for the (have nots).. but when the have nots would set the effects of the domino rolling (embracing the weaponization)... even the elites would be amazed at how good their puppets would get at the game of bondage they invented . I remember ayo fayose stolen phone recovered in record time in contrast to untraceable devices of nobodies, i remember yahaya bellow in contrast to bobrisky... different rules in same justice. betty edu , alison dieziani, mompha,et al....
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by baconline(m): 11:09am On Oct 22
They are crime contractors!!!
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by chatinent: 11:20am On Oct 22
They have been commerciallizing their services from time immemorial!

They'll charge you for tracking a phone to almost ₦100k and won't stop charging.

You'll pay for fuel money, feeding, arrest, re-arrest, cell, etc!

The police is not your enemy! The police is the enemy!
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by TUTU147: 11:34am On Oct 22
The police are products of the society,you can't give what you don't have.The government are responsible for the way and manners our security agents operate.Imagine police patrol team buying fuel by themselves, where do you think the money will come from.Some of them sustain injuries in the cause of carrying out their duties and the government and police authority abandoned such officer to his fate.Some where disengage because of such injury without pay.The buying of uniform is on them, paying transport to work and special duties is on them.I stop blaming the junior officers when i discovered the level of sleeve and maltreatment this junior officers are facing from the government and police authority.The masses should focus on the government and police authority, because they are the hen laying down the bad eggs.
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by TUTU147: 11:36am On Oct 22
chatinent:
They have been commerciallizing their services from time immemorial!

They'll charge you for tracking a phone to almost ₦100k and won't stop charging.

You'll pay for fuel money, feeding, arrest, re-arrest, cell, etc!

The police is not your enemy! The police is the enemy!
You are right because most of the things needed for the job where not provided by the government.

1 Like

Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by themanderon: 11:57am On Oct 22
faceland:

I don't know why. Those guys touch thousands daily.

How can they do anything with cursed money? Money they forcefully extort from people? It is just like those agberos you see on the road year in year out. Despite the thousands they take in everyday the money goes to nothing and they still look miserable. It's cursed money.

1 Like

Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by temmyyem: 1:54pm On Oct 22
The institution called government itself is a fraud, the earlier you, the better
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:47pm On Oct 22
jericco1:
Sometimes you wonder the function of the police
to keep you paying your taxes

Taxpayers monies are used to pay them. They still extort you, then they still charge you to do their work
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by Omodua(m): 2:49pm On Oct 22
She said the Truth.

It's trend all over police stations. Sometimes,one pays over One Millon naira.

Well said!💯 The police institution is a cesspit of corruption. From head to toe!

God help us!
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by Evercurious(f): 5:01pm On Oct 22
Okortor:
Everything has gone up so why won't police charge also go up? These guys have family just like every other person's.

Just listen to yourself
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by Teenaira: 7:56pm On Oct 22
Okortor:
Everything has gone up so why won't police charge also go up? These guys have family just like every other person's.

I dey suspect you. Are u a policeman or a family member?
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by fabian063: 8:49pm On Oct 22
Okortor:
how old are you?
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by PropertyOffers(f): 12:36am On Oct 23
🤔I'm as surprised as you are.
owiko:
Abi govt don remove subsidy for police services too?
Re: Police Now Charge As High As N300k For Their Services – Lawyer Alleges by Jeffy1206(m): 5:16am On Oct 23
Currently handling a case where my client has paid 300k to help with the matter and as well paid 500k for bail! 🤔

(1) (2) (Reply)

Management Of Ekiti Assembly Directs 26 Outgoing Lawmakers To Vacate Offices / Babatunde Fashola Live On "The Discourse" With Jimi Disu @ 2pm Today. / Babatunde Fashola Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.