Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,679 members, 7,968,984 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:22 PM

Hosting: Urgently Need To Transfer My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hosting: Urgently Need To Transfer My Site (660 Views)

How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel / Ihostafrica Please (abeg) Let Me Transfer My Domain Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hosting: Urgently Need To Transfer My Site by egift(m): 10:08am On Dec 14, 2011
I have a site that is growing with a lot of activities. The host is about shutting it down unless I move to Dedicated or VPS. Am not ready to upgrade the site now.

Am looking for a Host that can carter for the following:
- Reasonable space and bandwidth
- Offers database size of up to 5gb or more.
- Supports Boonex's Dolphin

Linux preferably. Do post a reply. Cheer!
Re: Hosting: Urgently Need To Transfer My Site by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2011
I think your current host is right. You'll have problems if you transfer it to another shared server. Just get yourself a VPS.
Re: Hosting: Urgently Need To Transfer My Site by myhelper: 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2011
I think BrowseDotCom hosting can do that for you. Unlimited hosting and bandwidth. You dont really need a dedicated hosting account. Try http://browsedotcom.com
Re: Hosting: Urgently Need To Transfer My Site by ilekky(m): 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2011
Get a vps and your problems are solved.
Re: Hosting: Urgently Need To Transfer My Site by soloqy: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2011
ilekky:

Get a vps and your problems are solved.

Not solved for good though because if his site grows quickly and begins to use much more resources and bandwidth, he would need to get a dedicated as the fair use policy(which all hosts have but wont let you see at first) would not allow him use so much resources that will disrupt the people on the same machine as he.

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Blog Traffics / Please I Need A Solution For Rotating Ad Banners / I Have A Problem Installing IWP On My 64 Bit Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.