Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,067 members, 7,942,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG (12410 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies / Please,is Change Of Course Form Free Or D Normal 2500naira.cos I Want To Change To Unn After Having (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by guonno: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2011
@orkija juju. Ojukwu did not force anybody to war he only wanted to pull igbos from the madness called nigeria were they were killed like animals. Today, the middle belt wants to do the same thing, the CAN in the 19 states of the north wants nigeria devided( Nigerians are so selfish that it is only when something touches them personally that they care. May the fulanis keep killing the middle belt and the people in the north be they christians or what ever, let the igbos come home if they want alife). My uncles would always tell me they were not forced to war, my dad was shot in the leg, my dad has never for once regreted spilling the blood of hausa/fulani. Okija juju, u are a mis informed fool.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by ibide(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
The nigeria government is making one point of whice the ibo,s mus think & act fast point one they are trying to say that ibo's are part of nigeria then why not let them go ? If the school is in north will they change the name ?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by aljharem3: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
cantell:

Pacify ke? You're the mumu for not seeing what the govt is trying to do.
And btw, why you dey drink panadol for another person head? Busy bodi.

what is the government trying to do

pls explain smiley
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by guonno: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
THE UNIVERSITY OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY WILL REMAIN THE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA. NIGERIA SHOULD BE NAMED AFTER OJUKWU. Ndi ara chineke kpoloku.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by EkoIle1: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2011
Name NDA after ojuku?

They need to stop smoking ganja,
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by omar22(m): 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2011
@orkija juju. Ojukwu did not force anybody to war he only wanted to pull igbos from the madness called nigeria were they were killed like animals. Today, the middle belt wants to do the same thing, the CAN in the 19 states of the north wants nigeria devided( Nigerians are so selfish that it is only when something touches them personally that they care. May the fulanis keep killing the middle belt and the people in the north be they christians or what ever, let the igbos come home if they want alife). My uncles would always tell me they were not forced to war, my dad was shot in the leg, my dad has never for once regreted spilling the blood of hausa/fulani. Okija juju, u are a mis informed fool.

Well Ojukwu forced the war upon the Igbos,  whether you were armed or not!!!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Ournaija: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
Abeg make una free the dead jor. Did he ever asked for UNN to be changed to his name after death?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by GboyegaD(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2011
I think the major problem is that the FGN doesn't think before it talks. It just blurt out whatever comes into its senses and could be more than annoying. If they want to immortalize him, there are more edifice in Abuja that can be named after him and that way we would know that Nigeria truly appreciates him. They should leave UNN out of this please!!!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by chosen04(f): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

How about you Name Amanbra State Government House "Ojukwu House"?!

Why must Ojukwu be forced on every Nigerian?!

In my opinion, Ojukwu was a Devisive man. A man who sent millions of Nigerians to an Early grave, A national coward and villian.

[s]Did Ojukwu deny you Xmas chicken when you were still a kid?[/s]

Its alarming how you try to saintize the northerners who started killing the thousands of Biafrans that Ojukwu tried to save

The Millions of Biafrans may have died from the war, but my father will always say he is happy that they died standing on their feet. You may never appreciate the pride in dieing on your feet until you are foisted on a sluaghter gas chamber on your knees. That still remains the greatest regret of the Jewish nations on the Nazist.

Whats is your guarantee that many Biafrans wont  have died if not for the war? Do you think those murderers are not capabling of using the Dermark cartoon killing spree method on the hinterland of the Igbo nation?

Please wake up!!!!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Yeske2(m): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2011
I guess it's all because the FG wants wants UNN Nsukka to be UNN Abuja, that cannot fit happen.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by JACUBA: 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
This is the worst news I have heard! A lot of crazy things happen in this country called "NIGERIA" because we lack integrity as a nation.  A country where everything is done out of sentiments and lack of purpose. Why will somebody raise such an issue without any iota of shame? The person that raised the idea is very insensitive. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Okijajuju1(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2011
chosen04:

[s]Did u Ojukwu deny you Xmas chicken when you were still a kid?[/s]

Its alarming how you try to saintize the northerners who started killing the thousands of Biafrans that Ojukwu tried to save

The Millions of Biafrans may have died from the war, but my father will always say he is happy that they died standing on their feet. You may never appreciate the pride in dieing on your feet until you are foisted on a sluaghter gas chamber on your knees. That still remains the greatest regret of the Jewish nations on the Nazist.

Whats is your guarantee that many Biafrans wont have died if not for the war? Do you think those murderers are not capabling of using the Dermark cartoon killing spree method on the hinterland of the Igbo nation?

Please wake up!!!!

Abeg! Abeg!! Abeg!!!

The North is full of Islamic bigoted terrorists. They are savages at the least. I  could call them cattle-fuc'kers a billion unsavoury words, but that does not change the fact about the man Odimegwu Ojukwu.

My guarantee that the madness of 1967 would never have reached the North is the same guarantee that I have today that BOKO HARAM would not detonate a single bomb on non-Northern soil (except Abuja) without provocation. They (Northerners) may be animals, but they know that the consequences of their actions down south would be too much for them to swallow.

That war, was what gave the Northers (who were now the majority of the foot soldiers in that war the "Legal" grounds to bring their ethinic cleansing campaign onto Southern soil.

Now lets me say this and I repeat, regardless of whatever the decisions for which Ojukwu declared war (i.e the day he declared Biafra an independent state) with Nigeria, decisions which I can overlook because if not for the pogrom, it could have been other reasons that spurred him to do what he did. My greatest disappointment in the Man Ojukwu was when he ran. It goes to show that he did not believe in Biafra enough to lay down his life in the defense and pursuit of it. So if he knew he wasnt ready to die for it, why put Millions in such a precarious situation in he first place?!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Okijajuju1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
guonno:

SO your uncles survived and your dad got shot in the leg and you feel you have earn the right to become an authority on the subject matter abi?! Poor little child. You must think that war is like your Playstation 3 at home. Go and pick up books and read, disregard the fact that you are Igbo (cause I am also Igbo as well). DOnt look at it from the eye of a victim, but from the perspective of a third party in search of knowledge. Start from 196o and read all the way. WHen you have something concrete and logical, come tell me.

And P.S, My Grandfather was a Biafran rank (not foot soldier o) in that war and has a bullet in his head till tomorrow, I lost 4 uncles in one days bombing raid in Umuahia, My other Grand father had a stroke when the bodies of his 4 sons where brought home on make-shift stretchers. Dont let us start comparing war scars. Yours would look like something a band aid can fix compared to mine and many other Biafran families. Inu go!!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by chosen04(f): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

My guarantee that the madness of 1967 would never have reached the North is the same guarantee that I have today that BOKO HARAM would not detonate a single bomb on non-Northern soil (except Abuja) without provocation.

Are you saying that the madness of 1967 did not reach the North or what?

About Boko Haram not bombing south? Was that not the same thing most of you said about the ND militants until Atlas Coven in Lagos was expertly bomb? Were there provovaction before that action? Just take it that nothing can be guaranteed in niGERian situation. If the Aburi accord can be jetisoned ,then we need to stop blaming those who actually helped.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by chosen04(f): 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

Abeg! Abeg!! Abeg!!!

That war, was what gave the Northers (who were now the majority of the foot soldiers in that war the "Legal" grounds to bring their ethinic cleansing campaign onto Southern soil.

And if its the war that gave them the legal ground to bring their ethnic cleansing onto the south. What still gives them the right to kill Southerners because of Prophet Mohammed's cartoon drawn in far away DERMARK up to date.

What of Killing follow niGERians because Isreal is pounding Palstina neigbours?

Miss World contest killing nko?

Election killings nko?.

The truth is that the wicked northerners doesnot even have any reason for their killings. And I still strongly believe that what is keeping them away from entering the hinter Igbo Land to KILL us is what they saw during the war.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by PHIPEX(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
The "smartness" of those few confused persons behind that rock at Abuja is indeed great, they want to kill two birds with one stone by Taking away that prestigous name and pretend to have recognised and immortalised the "Rejected stone"; what a conspiracy! What stops them from naming a national monument in Abuja after him or better still since the police headquarters was named after a former senior officer why not name the Defence headquaters after one of its finest officers?

If they are not ready to give Ikemba the respect he deserves let them leave the Eastern Govts to bury their dead cos am sure they will not disappoint us. HYPOCRITES

MAY GOD BLESS MY ALMA MATER!!!!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Okijajuju1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2011
@ Chosen 04

My bad!!

That "North" was a typo!

I meant south!

chosen04:

And if its the war that gave them the legal ground to bring their ethnic cleansing onto the south. What still gives them the right to kill Southerners because of Prophet Mohammed's cartoon drawn in far away DERMARK up to date.

What of Killing follow niGERians because Isreal is pounding Palstina neigbours?

Miss World contest killing nko?

Election killings nko?.

The truth is that the wicked northerners doesnot even have any reason for their killings. And I still strongly believe that what is keeping them away from entering the hinter Igbo Land to KILL us is what they saw during the war.

My dear!!

Frankly, they saw absolutely nothing!!

All we (biafrans) killed were soldiers. Their people were still going about their daily businesses of selling suya and doing maiguard. We were the ones who suffered. We lost men women and children. Our homes got bombed, our waters got polluted, we felt the pains not them. Please remove the notion from your mind that we left an indelible impression on the North because we didnt. All we proved to them was that we could take a beating and still survive, but ask for being beaten, we got the poo beat out of us. Thats why Ojukwu ran.

Now when you think about the North, you need to take into account the general mentality of the North compared to the south. You also have to factor in Islam and the tendencies for the passages of the quoran to be misinterpreted by imams and Alfas for sefish reasons. You also factor in illiteracy and poverty. Thats why they are capable of raising dedicated suicide bombers and we cant.

The Niger Deltans were on a different quest. They werent against any ethnic group in particular. They were fighting the government and all government installations were fair game. They never attacked the homes of individuals who werent related to government. It would be totally wrong to equate the Militants of the Niger Delta Creeks to BOKO HARAM. The Pogrom would never have entered the South. It was a riot where chalatants took the opportuinity of the chaos to kill, maim and dismember non-indegenes. I still remember what it took for Aba people to rally round, form a mob and start hunting down Hausas in Aba. When Ojukwu recalled all the Easterners to home, he did the very best thing he could have done in that situation. Any uprising in the Eastern Region which he governed then, he could have put down easily. But then he went an extra step by secessation and that in itself was a declaration of war. And that was the singular act that got over two million more people killed in addition to the 30,000 that got killed in the actual riots.

Look at all the Islamic countries, look at the "Middle East uprising", thats what a people that are ready to die for a cause are capable of doing. These illiterate muslim normads have the Quoran as their motivator, they have wicked, decietful alfas and politicians as their instigators and so its easy for them to band together and go on a killing spree at the slightest provocation.
You talked about miss world, I learnt a lady was put to death for "witchcraftcy" lately in Saudi Arabia. Did you ever get to see the Christian Amampour of CNN's documentary on the Taliban rule in Afghanistan?! Watch that video and take a sneak peak into the minds of the people you are dealing with.

My dear, psychology plays an important part in everything you do in life. Always factor that in. And if you do, you will start seeing the events of 1967 in a totally new and different light.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by diggler(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
PHIPEX:

MAY GOD BLESS MY ALMA MATER!!!!

Greatest Lion, These haters want to cramp our style.

Ojukwu lived a great life, impacted a lot of lives and charted the course of history.

They can give hima a post humous GCFR or even institue the Order of Ojukwu or something.

However they should leave my school alone.

Peace
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2011
They can name the cemetary they buried Biafra casualties after Ojuku the man who led them to their death
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by success4(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2011
ojukwu ko, killer of 3million university would be better
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by musiwa43: 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2011
UNN should be named after Ojukwu, that is what Yorubas in the senate and house will vote for.  ACN, PDP, labour party should respect Ojukwu. And vote this way.   Ojukwu deserve UNN. even while UNN is one of the first school in Nigeria.

There is not better way to remember a great man  than a great school.

Ojukwu is the greatest Igboman that have step his foot on the surface of the earth. There is no igbo man ever that merit UNN apart from Ojukwu, not even Zik. It will be bad if the nigeria government refuse to name UNN after Ojukwu. If the senate refuse. I will run for president. If I will, I will change the name to Ojukwu university.

Ojukwu is the greatest Igboman that ever lived.

Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by success4(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
musiwa,,.:

UNN should be named after Ojukwu, that is what Yorubas in the senate and house will vote for. ACN should respect Ojukwu. And vote this way.   Ojukwu deserve UNN. even while UNN is one of the first school in Nigeria.

There is not better way to remember a great man  than a great school.

Ojukwu is the greatest Igboman that have step his foot on the surface of the earth. There is no igbo man ever that merit UNN apart from Ojukwu, not even Zik. It will be bad if the nigeria government refuse to name UNN after Ojukwu. If the senate refuse. I will run for president. If I will, I will change the name to Ojukwu university.

Ojukwu is the greatest Igboman that ever lived.

Musiwa! Any satellite for this? grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by chosen04(f): 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
All we (biafrans) killed were soldiers

The above is exactly my take. We killed more of their soldiers than they killed ours (estimated at abt 220k them, 110k us). Of course that is enough for them not think twice before entering on hinterland. Knowing very much the implication of doing do.

I can bet that they would have striked us severally if that for war fear inside of them already. Did you not see the way they rejoiced at the end of the war? knowing very much that the war was capable of going either way if not for exernal influence?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by aljharem3: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2011
chosen04:

All we (biafrans) killed were soldiers

The above is exactly my take. We killed more of their soldiers than they killed ours (estimated at abt 220k them, 110k us). Of course that is enough for them not think twice before entering on hinterland. Knowing very much the implication of doing do.

I can bet that they would have striked us severally if that for war fear inside of them already. Did you not see the way they rejoiced at the end of the war? knowing very much that the war was capable of going either way if not for exernal influence?

why are you talking like an ideeiot ?

why would anyone not rejoice at the end of a war ? Who loves war, you ?

so you killed more Nigerian, and so ? make we shout

abeg go sleep and stop this ur nonsense of biafra this baifra that
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Nchara: 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
For the NDA to be named after OJUKWU is preferable, after all he was one of the finest and most educated in the military and the NDA is about education. The name UNN should be left intact. It depicts Zik, the founder of UNN, as the foremost Nigerian and places Nsukka nay Igboland in the forefront of Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by chosen04(f): 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

And P.S, My Grandfather was a Biafran rank (not foot soldier o) in that war and has a bullet in his head till tomorrow, I lost 4 uncles in one days bombing raid in Umuahia, My other Grand father had a stroke when the bodies of his 4 sons where brought home on make-shift stretchers. Dont let us start comparing war scars. Yours would look like something a band aid can fix compared to mine and many other Biafran families. Inu go!!

Is the above your qualms with Ojukwu? You should at least count yourself luck that your Uncles died standing on their feet with pride.

I cant the whole family of my Uncle (his wife and 6 kids with relations that visited them) during the Prophet Mohammmed's cartoon saga. The most pathetic thing is that they didnt die standing (not every one of them stood while dieing). Its a taboo in the ERI kindom of Anambra state, where i hail from.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by chosen04(f): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
alj_harem:

why are you talking like an ideeiot ?

why would anyone not rejoice at the end of a war ? Who loves war, you ?
so you killed more Nigerian, and so ? make we shout

abeg go sleep and stop this your nonsense of biafra this baifra that

If war is not good and nobody loves it, while didnt your screwed father and grand father not tell your hero gOWON to honour ABURI ACCORD? An accord that was duly agreed and signed by parties involved in the negotiations.

Ewu awusa,

Anu nama..
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2011
I won't mind if the new state that will be carved from the south-east be name "Ojukwu State" but please they should leave UNN alone. What nonsense.

@Al-harem
It's like anytime you come across my moniker, you start jerking off.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by aljharem3: 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2011
afam4eva:

I won't mind if the new state that will be carved from the south-east be name "Ojukwu State" but please they should leave UNN alone. What nonsense.

@Al-harem
It's like anytime you come across my moniker, you start jerking off.

yes I would start jerking off because I expect more from you and to be frank, I am disappoint in you.

You a graduate of Unilag should be well articulate and level headed not what you are doing here
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by chosen04(f): 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2011
alj_harem:

yes I would start jerking off because I expect more from you and to be frank, I am disappoint in you.

You a graduate of Unilag should be well articulate and level headed not what you are doing here

Aboki and spoken ingerish are never frnds
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by aljharem3: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
chosen04:

Aboki and spoken ingerish are never frnds

so u got the message. that's all

whether disappointed in u or disappointed at you. It does not matter.

amos, how is is chike na wink
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by realchange: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
if they change the unn to ojukwu university, they should change igboland to biafra. thats all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? / Nigeria Police Academy Free Past Questions / We Set-up Rogue Centres To Catch Exam Cheats- JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.