Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! (570 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Dubai Police Drive 700-hp Lamborghini Aventador, Because A Taurus Doesn’t Cut It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
Dear Nairalanders, I think we Nigerians are sometimes too impatient, and we always seek quick fix to all our problems, without thinking of the aftermath, !!!, GEJ can only do soo much to help the average Nigerian living below the minimum wage,
We complained about almost everything in this country, and this includes fuel subsidy removal. In my opinion, I believe this was long overdue anyway. Looking at the state of our economy, it is very obvious that a selected few politicians milked the economy through fuel subsidy, and its time to shut off that running waste-tap. I can only hope that the revenue derived from this fuel subsidy removal is channeled towards fixing our current refineries and building new ones, and used to fund our power projects. We are talking about billions of pounds here people, !!!

Lets get real, and be patient, watching every move the present government is making, it is obvious that GEJ is heading towards the direction of fixing our economic problems, we cannot afford to waste any more valuable resources nor time,

I'm sure the reason he removed fuel subsidy is to funnel the resource into another aspect of the economy, e.g. job creation, security, and also to curb corruption, come to think of it, the amount of capital wasted on fuel subsidy alone would have enormous impact on our daily lives, if its appropriately reinvested into the upkeep of the country. The people fighting for the sustenance of fuel subsidy are the looters, and we know who they are,

THANK GOD THEY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED, !!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! by stormm: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2011
@Poster,

You are too stewpeeeeed! Guess u got took the wrong drug angry

Get some real sleeping pills. E.eediot!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 15, 2011
hahahaha, if u r poor just admit u are poor, and I will plead with GEJ on ur behalf, I wonder why una nor dey see past una forehead, olodo, Illiterate
Re: Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! by Beaf: 2:50am On Dec 15, 2011
stormm:

@Poster,

You are too stewpeeeeed! Guess u got took the wrong drug angry

Get some real sleeping pills. E.eediot!

Sharap! Is that how you talk to women?
Face the topic or face your front! Empty heads will always attack the messenger, cos they are too bloody daft or steeped in the old corrupt ways to do better.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! by cjfavour(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf at his best. poster,is govt for the ppl in this country? If yes are you aware of the effect this subsidy removal will have on d ppl? Food price will increase even transportation fee. NLC will agitate for salary increase,sure.uemployment will multiply,hunger will kill millions,crime rate will soar,corruptiom will multiply.The bank acconuts of our politicians will swell,GEJ WILL BE CHRISTENED D WORST PRESIDENT IN D HISTORY OF NIGERIA. Be sure of this,ASUU,NLC,NBA,ETC are warming up for a show down with d govt. They know better than u and Beaf because they care for the ppl.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 15, 2011
^^^^, it happens in every country, just like GEJ said,  Although I'm based in UK, and the govt here is even doing worse things than the Nigerian Govt,  Transportation cost overhere increases every year and they tend to blame it on inflation, so as food price and utility bills,  They squeeze from you every single penny that u earn,

If we do not restructure our economy now, WE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN A FEW YEARS TIME,  MARK MY WORDS, !!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Funds Crime / Insecurity: Its Time To Cut It Off: ! by beafroast: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf on rampage again cool
[i]talk no evil against beaf's annointed and he'll do you no harm[/i]. grin

(1) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Electricity Tariff Needs To Go Up 400% / Becomerich - When Are You Occupying Canada. / Remembering Ali On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.