Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,498 members, 7,940,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason (6923 Views)

When Last Did You Buy An Album & Whose Was It? / How Much Do Original Cd's Cost In Naija & Why Do We Buy Pirated Copies? / Why Do You Buy Pirated CDs? Is It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Koolking(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2011
stagger:

Most Nigerians have no problems cheating and conning producers of creative works by buying pirated CDs, but they are usually the first to accuse people like Bishop Oyedepo and Reverend Adeboye of scamming their congregation.

So who is deceiving whom really?

What makes you believe our artistes are original. They are not original my brother. They don't respect copyright contents. They skew the original and make them look like their IP (Intellectual Property). They are in a vicious cycle.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Ndkings1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
As long as there is no difrens btween the original and the prated
me no care ooooo
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by chalxy: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2011
may not be but this is a moral issue.
Why would people buy pirated CDs,
download ringtones from the Telcos and
stuff like that when the artistes are not
getting anything in return?
Bad!
[quote][/quote] undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
Koolking:

What makes you believe our artistes are original. They are not original my brother. They don't respect copyright contents. They skew the original and make them look like their IP (Intellectual Property). They are in a vicious cycle.
You just wasted your time replying a drunk   grin grin
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by chalxy: 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided
stagger:

may not be but this is a moral issue.

Why would people buy pirated CDs, download ringtones from the Telcos and stuff like that when the artistes are not getting anything in return?

Bad!
undecided undecided
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by daroz(m): 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2011
What is the difference btw pirated and original CD? Are they not both CDs? And are they not reproduced with the same process? No be the same songs they the two? Why should I waste my time and enegy searching for origin CD when I can get it close to me with more than 90% discount in price?
Check it out
Original, . . . . . . . N1700. . . . . . . . Out of reach
Pirated. . . . . . . . . N100. . . . . . . . . within rech everywhere
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by ikechukz(m): 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
y will i buy a single dvd movie for about 2k 'don't really know the price cos i've never bought one',when i can get a dvd collection for 60 bucks in benin
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by juman(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2011
Hmmm. What a country??

Pirated cds are cheap and readily available.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by humblebee: 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
Audio: why should i buy original cd when its only one or two tracks that i want to listen to,

Video: i won't even buy any, until they start editing their movies. don't tell me they do, 5% of Nigerian movies are edited, subtitles could be so annoying sometimes too
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by ifeci: 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
Ok guys, from our replies so far, we can deduce that the reason why we buy pirated CD's is because of proximity and cost. I am talking only about our local artists in music and home movies for now; So what if we knew where to buy these original CD's around our area and the prices are affordable, would we discipline ourselves to patronize the originals and join the fight against piracy?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by purpose100(f): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
Do we have another choice? wink
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Sike(m): 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2011
juman:

Hmmm. What a country??

Pirated cds are cheap and readily available.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by ncpat(m): 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2011
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by jimctu: 11:41pm On Dec 19, 2011
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by kobikwelu(m): 5:13am On Dec 20, 2011
who no like awoof,

everybody likes free/cheap stuff.

even here in the US, people look for free downloads,
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Bonnywest: 9:14am On Dec 20, 2011
simply because its readily available and affordable
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Revolva(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2011
Hhaha oya now @poster take 2000Naira go buy original CD, bootleg is tha issh after all na music person wan hear, hahaha, person no dey take am go find work
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by online2011: 11:55am On Dec 20, 2011
i tend to concur with those that say AVAILABILITY and CHEAP grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by nwanioma(f): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2011
Depends on the CD, some songs you might want to listen to forever, you go for Original CDs, for those that are just a passing phase, abeg cheap pirated would do! And those of you that don't know where to get the Original CD's from you can always order online from amazon, ebay etc, through www.circuitatlantic.com.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by erico2k2(m): 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
well from my own point of view pirated CD account for %10 as someone earlier said above, Artist colect yx amount of money from a guy in Alaba who produce and flood teh street with the music o n CDs, no dont get it twisted the so called fake and original copies sell same ammount ie N100 per CD cso its never gonna be cheaper now I think that takes away the issue of cheapness out of this equation, how about proximity,I will say yeh that too as there are no clear cut marketting struction for music in9ja but then again what do you expect from a country where up and coming Artist have to pay monies/bribes to Radios stations/DJ to air the debute or solo album eh?
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by daisy28: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
its cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap,@ poster do u buy original cd's. Hmmmmmmm wink grin
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by Oletunow(m): 5:16am On Dec 22, 2011
It depends on your definition of 'Pirated Music' in Nigeria.

The real question is actually, where do one goto in Nigeria to buy an original Music CD? Definitely not directly from the artist, and how do you know that the CD you just bought from the store is not high quality fake?

The truth is, the pirated ones are far more easy to get, cheaper.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by crackhouse(m): 9:24am On Dec 22, 2011
Original = 1700, pirated = 100. To solve it mathematically using this formula original - pirated = change, it gives 1700 - 100 = 1600 therefore change = 1600 ans. Hope u got the math?.
Re: Why Do You Buy Pirated Cd's? Share Your Reason by erico2k2(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2011
crackhouse:

Original = 1700, pirated = 100. To solve it mathematically using this formula original - pirated = change, it gives 1700 - 100 = 1600 therefore change = 1600 ans. Hope u got the math?.
I think you are the one getting your sums wrong, which Nigerian Artist sells thier CD for N1700? name one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Find Lauren Okotie Jesus Medicine To Download / Top 15 Intellectual Rappers / Yes Faze Is Signed To Konvict Music/checkout The Link From Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.