Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,208 members, 7,919,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:17 PM

Dean Koontz Fans: - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dean Koontz Fans: (1090 Views)

Poll: Favorite Dean Koontz novel

Life Expectancy: 33% (1 vote)
Michael Tucker Series: 0% (0 votes)
The Husband: 0% (0 votes)
Odd Thomas Series: 0% (0 votes)
Other (please indicate which in post): 66% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is More Of A Sadist: Dean Koontz Or John Saul / Dean koontz, Stephen King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dean Koontz Fans: by djimkat: 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2007
hey, just trying 2 see how many Dean Koontz fans r out there,
i've read about 30 books from the guy and i think he's amazing
wink wink
Re: Dean Koontz Fans: by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 01, 2007
Fantastic writer, though he's too predictable. Got tired of his shit after reading just a few of the books. All that 'power of the mind' stuff gets boring after a while, i mean we KNOW that thought IS boss, we are hammered with that truth every minute of our lives, via religion, esoteric philosophies, power of positive thinking, etcetera. Horror/fantasy fiction is supposed to provide us an escape hatch into alternate realities where we just enjoy the superficial experience and are not bothered with the underlying structures.

My favourite was Door to December

PS you need to check out Clive Barker
Re: Dean Koontz Fans: by djimkat: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2007
Think u're right about the whole "thought" thingie but really don't agree with u about his works being predictable,
read LIFE EXPECTANCY??
I've Read a few of Clive Barker's. Amazing stories.
Re: Dean Koontz Fans: by viee(f): 9:09am On Oct 03, 2007
Dean Koontz is ok

some of his book are very good
while others are very bad angry

Ziddy, the 'power of the mind' thing also piss me off sometimes
the last one i read, cant remember d title now, was really bad
Re: Dean Koontz Fans: by hallej: 3:28am On Oct 18, 2007
i shouldnt even be here but i cldnt help it . Dean Koonz ?u must be kidding me. i am so anti- Dean Koonz.didnt think he cld have any fans esp on nairaland. i think his books are very shallow and yes, very predictable. thumbs up to u guys( his fans),'cos that guy bores me to death!!!
Re: Dean Koontz Fans: by anongal: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2007
Door to December.it is awesome.followed by intensity then shadowsthen house of thunder then, but to be fair he has some totally wacked books.

(1) (Reply)

A Story I Wrote / Shadow / Chinua Achebe “an Image Of Africa: A Rare Look At one Of Chunua Achebe's Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.