Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,102 members, 7,987,877 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 06:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (880299 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Aug 13, 2013
lopmaidx:

Am so happy dat am on track, thanks Mr Justwise, should I just go and submit my application this one that I can't reshedule or even cancel to rebook?

You can, the public holiday delayed you so you can try again, i don't think they will turn you away.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2013
pjonesm: Hello justwise and co, please i had already fill out the online application form and had also book the appointment. But i later discovered that there was mistake on my parent dob (it was different from the dob i submitted last year while i was refused )can i fill out a new online application and book another appointment. please advise me, though the parents are late and i don't even know there real dob, i only quote for them, but what i fill last year was different from the online application i just submitted now. please can i fill another online form and re book the appointment. it is urgent i need response please.
Also i had paid the full tuition fees and i have a balance of (1,400,000naira) in my account for over one month, hope it will not affect my chance about the maintenance fund

There is no need to re-book, submit and go for your interview, use the interview opportunity to explain to the embassy about the mistake, there is nothing to worry about there.

You have 1,400,00 naira plus your maintenance money in your bank account for one month?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2013
wolske: Hi Justwise. Just a quick question. I'm going for my Phd and i already have my visa. My wife also has her visa (she got the visa as my dependant partner.) I however noticed that while my own visa allows me 20 hours work per week during term time, my wife's visa says nothing about work, it just says "no recourse to public funds". Does this mean that my wife cannot do any work throughout the period of my Phd? I need a clear interpretation of the immigration rules on this question. Looking forward to your response. THANKS.

Your wife is allowed to work because of the level of study you are going for, wife or dependant of people going for masters or Phd are allowed to work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

I need to check that and get back to you because i remembered reading about changes to that sometime ago.

Hi Justwise you promised to get back to me regarding whether my wife can work while i do my Phd?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

Your wife is allowed to work because of the level of study you are going for, wife or dependant of people going for masters or Phd are allowed to work
wolske:

Hi Justwise you promised to get back to me regarding whether my wife can work while i do my Phd?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Please advice me
Thank God for this page. I got admission to study M.Sc finance in Manchester. My question is concerning visa application. Can I fill the form online today and apply or I wait till next week tuesday(20th) to apply cause the money needed is in my dad's account and it completes 28days on monday. Does public holiday affect d number of days? The money has been there since 23rd of July. Please advice me on what to do and take me through the process. I await your reply.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
honey86:
I can't speak for other schools but in my school, uni of manchester you can within d first 2 weeks. Infact it was announced during orientation seminar

Hey dear.....are u in University of Manchester? I was given an offer there. Am gonna need ur help on certain things like accomodation, what to bring, how to ggo about it. Plz let's chat if u're willing to help.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

There is no need to re-book, submit and go for your interview, use the interview opportunity to explain to the embassy about the mistake, there is nothing to worry about there.

You have 1,400,00 naira plus your maintenance money in your bank account for one month?

YES I have it for one month as the balance, so I should raise the mistake about my parent d.o.b at the interview even if they dont ask me ? please respond
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

Hey dear.....are u in University of Manchester? I was given an offer there. Am gonna need ur help on certain things like accomodation, what to bring, how to ggo about it. Plz let's chat if u're willing to help.
Thanks

Please lets keep discussions open here to benefit others, you saw her post here because she shared it openly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
pjonesm:

YES I have it for one month as the balance, so I should raise the mistake about my parent d.o.b at the interview even if they dont ask me ? please respond

Point out the mistake to them before they do anytime in future. It will not cost you the application but it will save you a lot of troubles in future.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Aristoqrat: Hello guys.
I got my Visa today (friday, public holiday), apparently the Visa center opened to only those collecting their package. I was sent a text message on Wednesday morning (Day 18) to come for collection.

Thanks to all the people that have taken time to post here, most especially Justwise -you are providing a selfless service, many thanks for that.

My school starts in September, so looking forward to that!

I would be glad to offer advice and or answer questions regarding the application process. All the best guys!!

Congrats......Please when can I apply for visa? Now or after 28days? 28days completes on monday(19th). Do I go to d embassy on that tuesday or just apply online? Take me thru d process. And when will my dad print out his bank statement? I'll appreciate ur quick response.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

Please lets keep discussions open here to benefit others, you saw her post here because she shared it openly.

Hey justwise. Don't be angry. The reason I said that is cause she might not be willing to share openly. Sorry. Oya please answer my question.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kayode85: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hi Everyone!I recently joined this forum and I must commend the efforts of those helping Applicants through this platform.
I will be travelling in September and I need advice on the best way to travel with money to the UK as a student.do I need to open a domiciliary account?which bank is the best to open such with?do I carry cash or go with travellers cheques?
I will appreciate it if people who have done this in the past can put me through.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hello,
Who is going to RGU
Please I need your urgent assistance as I am currently filling out my appendix 8 visa application form ....pls help with the following questions:
1. Give the full address of your tier4 sponsor including postal code
2. Give the full
address of your primary site of study, including postal code.
Please I will really appreciate your swift response as I will be submitting my application tomorrow m

orning. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
moufpeas: Hello,
Who is going to RGU
Please I need your urgent assistance as I am currently filling out my appendix 8 visa application form ....pls help with the following questions:
2. Give the full
Please I will really appreciate your swift response as I will be submitting my application tomorrow m

orning. Thanks

check ur CAS letter all the informatns are dia
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

Congrats......Please when can I apply for visa? Now or after 28days? 28days completes on monday(19th). Do I go to d embassy on that tuesday or just apply online? Take me thru d process. And when will my dad print out his bank statement? I'll appreciate ur quick response.
Thanks

Thanks a lot!

Okay so to your questions:
1. After 28 days minimum of the funds being in the account-It would now be safe for you to printout the account statement.
2. You can then proceed with your application by applying online.
3. After applying you need to book an appointment online, after booking a date make sure you do a printout of the details as you will be asked for it when you get there. This is the rush period, so you might not be able to book a particular date -but go ahead and book the next available date.
4. On the scheduled date of your appointment-that's when you will take all your supporting documents (both originals and photocopies + your international passport) for submission. When you get there, you will pay your visa fees, your documents will be collected, and you will have to sit for a video cam interview.

Note that
There are two different forms to be submitted. One has to be filled online(vaf9 application form http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9.pdf)<<----You can print this one out, fill it and use it as a guide when applying online. You can apply online here http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx and when you have reached the final stage -you have to print out the online application pages(about 5-6 pages),sign,attach a passport photo. You will take this printed out form with you on your appointment date.

The other has to be filled by hand -The Vaf9 appendix 8:Tier 4 form http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf)<<------print the form and fill, take it with you when going for submission.

I hope that helps, all the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Thanks a lot!

Okay so to your questions:
1. After 28 days minimum of the funds being in the account-It would now be safe for your dad to get his account statement printout from his bank. He can go on the 20th.
2. You can then proceed with your application by applying online.
3. After applying you need to book an appointment online, after booking a date make sure you do a printout of the details as you will be asked for it when you get there. This is the rush period, so you might not be able to book a particular date -but go ahead and book the next available date.
4. On the scheduled date of your appointment-that's when you will take all your supporting documents (both originals and photocopies + your international passport) for submission. When you get there, you will pay your visa fees, your documents will be collected, and you will have to sit for a video cam interview.

Note that
There are two different forms to be submitted. One has to be filled online(vaf9 application form http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9.pdf)<<----You can print this one out, fill it and use it as a guide when applying online. You can apply online here http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx and when you have reached the final stage -you have to print out the online application pages(about 5-6 pages),sign,attach a passport photo. You will take this printed out form with you on your appointment date.

The other has to be filled by hand -The Vaf9 appendix 8:Tier 4 form http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf)<<------print the form and fill, take it with you when going for submission.

I hope that helps, all the best!

Thanks for ur response....sorry for my questions though..I have the 2 required forms. From what I have read from page 1 of this thread, u fill the 2forms and with all your documents, you go to the embassy and submit. Is it compulsory I fill d one online or I should go with the hardcopy? Has it changed? Do I have to book an appointment b4 I go cause am thinking of going on the 20th. Am tired of reading...its affecting my eyes.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
kayode85: Hi Everyone!I recently joined this forum and I must commend the efforts of those helping Applicants through this platform.
I will be travelling in September and I need advice on the best way to travel with money to the UK as a student.do I need to open a domiciliary account?which bank is the best to open such with?do I carry cash or go with travellers cheques?
I will appreciate it if people who have done this in the past can put me through.
Thanks

Hello, congrats to you.
You can open a dorm account. Then use your Mastercard to withdraw funds when you get there. GTB or Ecobank is good.
You can take cash too, but will need to declare it if you are carrying 10,000 euros or more (or the equivalent value in other currencies) when entering the UK from a country outside the EU.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

Thanks for ur response....sorry for my questions though..I have the 2 required forms. From what I have read from page 1 of this thread, u fill the 2forms and with all your documents, you go to the embassy and submit. Is it compulsory I fill d one online or I should go with the hardcopy? Has it changed? Do I have to book an appointment b4 I go cause am thinking of going on the 20th. Am tired of reading...its affecting my eyes.
Thanks

Yes you have to fill the vaf9 application form online -and then printout. As long as you are applying from Nigeria, you should apply using the online application system. See the 'Applying for a student visa from outside the UK' page here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/apply-outside-uk/
Yes, it is compulsory that you book -if not you wont be attended to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Yes you have to fill the vaf9 application form online -and then printout. As long as you are applying from Nigeria, you should apply using the online application system. See the 'Applying for a student visa from outside the UK' page here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/apply-outside-uk/
Yes, it is compulsory that you book -if not you wont be attended to.

angryWhew......na wa ooo. Thank you dear. I really appreciate kiss kiss. You are a darling. I"ll fill the form online on tuesday and book an appointment. If I book d appointment on tuesday, when do you think I'll get a date.....ooooooooo b4 I'll get a date and then submit and wait for 15working days again...that will take long oo...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
You are welcome.
What date does your school resume? I can't say when you will get a date -It's only after you've filled in your details in the scheduling page, thats when the available dates will appear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kayode85: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Hello, congrats to you.
You can open a dorm account. Then use your Mastercard to withdraw funds when you get there. GTB or Ecobank is good.
You can take cash too, but will need to declare it if you are carrying 10,000 euros or more (or the equivalent value in other currencies) when entering the UK from a country outside the EU.
Your response is appreciated.Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sure,all the best to you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
Aristoqrat: You are welcome.
What date does your school resume? I can't say when you will get a date -It's only after you've filled in your details in the scheduling page, thats when the available dates will appear.

September 16
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

Thanks
Feel free to ask me any question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
Pls I'm sorry to derail..!but which flights 2 d uk dou knw r vry affordable..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
bbash1045:

check ur CAS letter all the informatns are dia
The infos are not on my CAS ooo ...sum1 help me pls my appointment is 2mao dt is d only part left 4 me to fill sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
moufpeas:
The infos are not on my CAS ooo ...sum1 help me pls my appointment is 2mao dt is d only part left 4 me to fill sad
That information should be on your CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maccoretech: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
moufpeas: Hello,
Who is going to RGU
2. Give the full

orning. Thanks
Robert Gordon University, Schoolhill Aberdeen United Kingdom, AB10 1FR
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

September 16
Okay that's just weeks away! If you are able to submit next week, everything should work out well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
chrisdestiny: Pls I'm sorry to derail..!but which flights 2 d uk dou knw r vry affordable..

Of all the airlines flying the Lagos-London route, Arik is the cheapest. However, if you don't mind stopping over and changing planes, you can get some good deals with BA/Iberia(stopover in Madrid), Emirates etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
chrisdestiny: Pls I'm sorry to derail..!but which flights 2 d uk dou knw r vry affordable..

Qatar airways http://www.qatarairways.com/ng/en/homepage.page
Emirates http://www.emirates.com/ng/english/index.aspx
Arik http://www.arikair.com/ng/Home.aspx

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (503)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.