Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,552 members, 7,975,174 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:28 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (878862 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 10:24am On Aug 16, 2013
The tuition fee was paid by the company and a letter of sponsorship was issued to him and my parents also wrote a letter of identification and acknowledgement of the sponsorship. Also der data pages and visa pages. The company also provide him with all der documents and a 6month bank statement was given to him. And he got is visa. Am saying this because i never heard of the 28 days not until recently. I see alot of people using personal accounts. I insisted the money be paid to my account but the company said they cant do so. That d company official sponsorship letter covers its all. I am kinda scared bt am trusting in God.

SAT1: Did the company give ur bro a sponsorship/scholarship letter or paid all the money into his personal acc as a proof to UKBA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2013
SAT1: FormA is d same as raising FX request online. FormA will never allow u to pay 14k on a single day just as Fx online will not(max daily transfer limit is £6000+ according to CBN), the bank migth collect all the money from u once but they av to pay it in tranches to the offshore bank. U could confirm this from the amount u were charged particularly the no of telex copies and offshore charges u paid. I realised all these when I paid my £13,500 fee via FX request online two weeks ago.
Well I don't know the one you did o, the money was sent at once and I have a single telex. they only asked for extra documents to justify why I had to pay that bulk at once. I submitted a copy of my offer letter, my transcripts, passport data page etc. if not for safety reasons, I would have shared my telex. I didn't do it online. Was a physical transaction.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:35am On Aug 16, 2013
holyboy.com:
The tuition fee was paid by the company and a letter of sponsorship was issued to him and my parents also wrote a letter of identification and acknowledgement of the sponsorship. Also der data pages and visa pages. The company also provide him with all der documents and a 6month bank statement was given to him. And he got is visa. Am saying this because i never heard of the 28 days not until recently. I see alot of people using personal accounts. I insisted the money be paid to my account but the company said they cant do so. That d company official sponsorship letter covers its all. I am kinda scared bt am trusting in God.

I'm not sure you knew how your brother got his visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Are you surprise. Well. It sounds difficult to believe but its d truth. I just told you the steps he used. This company is an Oil servicing firm. Do not doubt bt try to make your own research. I want you to help me out by doing your own personal research. Thanks.

justwise:

I'm not sure you knew how your brother got his visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:50am On Aug 16, 2013
holyboy.com:
Are you surprise. Well. It sounds difficult to believe but its d truth. I just told you the steps he used. This company is an Oil servicing firm. Do not doubt bt try to make your own research. I want you to help me out by doing your own personal research. Thanks.

I don't need to do any research, is either you don't know how your brother got his visa or you don't know the status of that company.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2013

i think what they want to see is if you have paid your fee and how you will be sponsored.
do not be offended my friend.

justwise:

I don't need to do any research, is either you don't know how your brother got his visa or you don't know the status of that company.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deany(f): 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
So I've been following this topic silently for about a year. I stayed silent, read almost very page of both part one and part two. I applied for my visa on the 22nd of July, school resumes 16th of September. My visa was given to UPS on the 12th of August and I received it on the 14th. My validity started on the 6th of August. Thanks Justwise and everyone who has ever failed or succeeded in this. Your testimonies helped me and God favoured me. Would be leaving for the University of Glasgow 8th of September. Is there anyone else going to Glasgow?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
holyboy.com:
If i dont know why will i be saying it. do not be offended. I just wanted to share my experience....it happened... the idea of the 28 days is just to make sure you have something to show you can take charge when you are in the uk for studies. mind you the British embassy officials are aware that some people borrow money and keep in this personal bank accounts to show as prove and also some of them dont even return back after study. my brother was sponsored by a company with branches in Italy and even in UK. the account statement bears the name of the owner of the Company and the address of the owner is the the company address.
BANK STATEMENT

NAME OF ACCOUNT HOLDER: DR. BROWN OKAFOR
ADDRESS; OXYGEN ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY..

SAME details applies to all documents like the official sponsorship letter. the reason for the sponsorship must be stated. this was how it was done. but we placed our trust in God.

i think what they want to see is if you have paid your fee and how you will be sponsored.
do not be offended my friend.

This is why i said before that you probably don't know the status of that company, a company with branches in Italy and the UK is a multinational company and qualified to sponsor any student. You make it look as if the company is a local one.

You really need to read post careful and understand it before jumping in to argue, if you haven;t heard about 28days rule then i don't know what you have been reading all along.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
deany: So I've been following this topic silently for about a year. I stayed silent, read almost very page of both part one and part two. I applied for my visa on the 22nd of July, school resumes 16th of September. My visa was given to UPS on the 12th of August and I received it on the 14th. My validity started on the 6th of August. Thanks Justwise and everyone who has ever failed or succeeded in this. Your testimonies helped me and God favoured me. Would be leaving for the University of Glasgow 8th of September. Is there anyone else going to Glasgow?

Congratulations! all the very best with your studies.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
Please is it better 4 1 2 book flight tickets from an agency (ie wakanow) or book directly at d airline's ticket office.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
chrisdestiny: Please is it better 4 1 2 book flight tickets from an agency (ie wakanow) or book directly at d airline's ticket office.

https://www.nairaland.com/1170810/wakanow-nig-ltd-shabby-service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
Please is it beta 2 book a flight thru an agency (ie wakanow) or 2 book directly @ d airline ticket office
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
justwise:

https://www.nairaland.com/1170810/wakanow-nig-ltd-shabby-service
Thnx 4 ur response. That's y I'm asking. So wat do u know is d best option evn if it aint wakanow?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
chrisdestiny:
Thnx 4 ur response. That's y I'm asking. So wat do u know is d best option evn if it aint wakanow?
Why not book online?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
chrisdestiny:

No agent can sale you ticket cheaper than the airline, why not buy direct from the airline?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
THnx justwise n honey86
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
chrisdestiny:

.pls which is betagoing thru an agency such as wakanow or goin 2 book directly with the airline?

I strongly advise against booking through agents! Apart from the fact that you may be able to get cheaper deals when you book directly with the airline on time, your agents will rip you off if you try to reschedule your flight for any reason (I have a personal experience!). It doesn't cost anything to check their websites for fares.

If you're going to Manchester, you could fly to London and then take a National Express coach from the airport to Manchester (if you are willing to sit for 6-8hrs lol). Or you could search for an airline that connects with Manchester from any of the European airports eg Lagos-Madrid-Manchester. Again, taking a bus is cheaper by far and even still convenient if you have plenty of heavy luggage.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuksxy: 12:09am On Aug 17, 2013
thanks guys for all the helpful replies. My dad as well used his company's bank statements when my elder bro applied for a visa back in 2011 and my brother got the visa. However, a family friend of mine applied last year with his dad's company's bank statement but was refused. so I myself i'm quite scared. on the other hand my family friend didn't pay his fees but my dad did when my bro applied. I have no choice but to go ahead and submit my application. I cant transfer the remaining 2200 pounds and wait for another 28 days. Wish me luck guys. if i get it i'll make sure i inform you guys. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 1:17am On Aug 17, 2013
Hello Justwise and other nairalanders. Is there anyone here who has taken the direct Arik flight from Lagos to London before? How good are their services? Their flights appear cheaper than other airlines, but how good are their services? Is the BA Lagos-Madrid-London route better? Can someone please advise on cheap but comfortable flights from Lagos to London? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 1:39am On Aug 17, 2013
Its better you go through BA(british airways) or KLM, or Virgin airways.. Both airlines are good. Since u ve neva been to d UK b4 i will advice u go on a direct flight. Arik is a bit expensive nw. And d services are nt 2 good. I love BA becos am use to it, dnt go thru Qatar or any Asia flights. D distance is 2 much. BA is very cheap. Book return ticket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 1:44am On Aug 17, 2013
I strongly advice you go thru direct flight. Save the time and stress. Once u arrive London from the airport you can take taxi to the Coach station. Megabus is kinda cheap. And u get to see around UK why u make d trip. 5hours.frm London.

wolske: Hello Justwise and other nairalanders. Is there anyone here who has taken the direct Arik flight from Lagos to London before? How good are their services? Their flights appear cheaper than other airlines, but how good are their services? Is the BA Lagos-Madrid-London route better? Can someone please advise on cheap but comfortable flights from Lagos to London? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 5:46am On Aug 17, 2013
Chuksxy: thanks guys for all the helpful replies. My dad as well used his company's bank statements when my elder bro applied for a visa back in 2011 and my brother got the visa. However, a family friend of mine applied last year with his dad's company's bank statement but was refused. so I myself i'm quite scared. on the other hand my family friend didn't pay his fees but my dad did when my bro applied. I have no choice but to go ahead and submit my application. I cant transfer the remaining 2200 pounds and wait for another 28 days. Wish me luck guys. if i get it i'll make sure i inform you guys. smiley

Al d best then, I had a similar challenge of time last year 4 d Jan entry so I simply defer 4 dis sept entry. Think twice, ur sch could hav a date they would accept U if U can't make it on d resumption date why nt find out 2 see if U could met up with dat after watin 4 d 28 days n 15 working days 4 d VISA processing time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibomboy: 6:32am On Aug 17, 2013
Thank GOd with me nairalanders, Got my visa yday after 19days. Waiting is now over, time to switch to travel prep mode. Thank you Justwise for your invaluable advice delivered with consistency and professionalism. Leeds, here I come.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:12am On Aug 17, 2013
ibomboy: Thank GOd with me nairalanders, Got my visa yday after 19days. Waiting is now over, time to switch to travel prep mode. Thank you Justwise for your invaluable advice delivered with consistency and professionalism. Leeds, here I come.

Gr8 news! congratulations! enjoy your studies, you will have mad time in Leeds.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Aug 17, 2013
Chuksxy: thanks guys for all the helpful replies. My dad as well used his company's bank statements when my elder bro applied for a visa back in 2011 and my brother got the visa. However, a family friend of mine applied last year with his dad's company's bank statement but was refused. so I myself i'm quite scared. on the other hand my family friend didn't pay his fees but my dad did when my bro applied. I have no choice but to go ahead and submit my application. I cant transfer the remaining 2200 pounds and wait for another 28 days. Wish me luck guys. if i get it i'll make sure i inform you guys. smiley

Was that account opened in a company's name or a personal account use for company and personal financial businesses?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibomboy: 7:25am On Aug 17, 2013
justwise:

Gr8 news! congratulations! enjoy your studies, you will have mad time in Leeds.

Thanks, looking forward to it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 17, 2013
HOS13:

I strongly advise against booking through agents! Apart from the fact that you may be able to get cheaper deals when you book directly with the airline on time, your agents will rip you off if you try to reschedule your flight for any reason (I have a personal experience!). It doesn't cost anything to check their websites for fares.

If you're going to Manchester, you could fly to London and then take a National Express coach from the airport to Manchester (if you are willing to sit for 6-8hrs lol). Or you could search for an airline that connects with Manchester from any of the European airports eg Lagos-Madrid-Manchester. Again, taking a bus is cheaper by far and even still convenient if you have plenty of heavy luggage.
London to Manchester is 4-5 hours on national express. But why would you want to go thru that stress. airfrance route is Nigeria-Paris-Manchester, with less than 2 hrs from Paris to Manchester, same with klm and lufthansa, its less than 2 hours from Amsterdam and Frankfurt to Manchester. Please don't make the mistake of buying iberia ticket. There is no entertainment on board. and d route is Nigeria-Madrid-London-Manchester. its a total waste of money and time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 17, 2013
It's a big gamble really. Just note that the rule has changed from the last time your dad used his company account for your brother.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2013
SAT1: Do u have a smart phone? u can download oanda's mobile app, in that way the rate is always at ur fingers'. If not try check their (oanda) website on the morning of 19th for the current rate. If u find it to be more than #250/£, I will advice u reschedule ur appointment to a favourable day. tip

Guyz am gettin worked up as d exchange rate 4 2day is N253.06, whatz d possiblity dat it would drop by Monday. God pls help me undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2013
the rate for today is 251 not 253. dont worry God is in control
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:55am On Aug 17, 2013
Hey house,

Has anyone in here who has applied for student visa recently taken the TB test? A friend of mine is going for his TB test on Monday and he was told to provide an address of where he will be staying in the UK. He has paid his full fees but didn't pay for accommodation. He is confused on what address to provide. Please, if anyone has gone through this kindly advice. Thanks.

Justwise please let this question stay o, its really urgent please. sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:58am On Aug 17, 2013
princessmoi: Hey house,

Has anyone in here who has applied for student visa recently taken the TB test? A friend of mine is going for his TB test on Monday and he was told to provide an address of where he will be staying in the UK. He has paid his full fees but didn't pay for accommodation. He is confused on what address to provide. Please, if anyone has gone through this kindly advice. Thanks.

Justwise please let this question stay o, its really urgent please. sad

Why that comment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.