Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,965 members, 7,942,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:12 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (876118 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2013
ochukoccna:
Oga justwise, thank you for all your help in this travel section to Nigerians and other nationalities not only those who want to study now, are studying but even those travelling for other reasons.
To think you moderate the travel section, answer questions, give advice and then run your own hustle is awesome
On behalf of all of us, I say thank you
cool cool
I take note about Gumtree shocked
Thanks

No worries.

If you have a mobile phone with open network come with it, when you get here buy lycamobile or lebara sim card, for about a pound,top up is 5 pounds, a lot cheaper to call Nigeria and local calls.

Don't forget your winter jacket, it starting to get cold here now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2013
Kiran14: Hai everyone ,I got a call from embacy that I need to attend an interview at bhc.is that means they gonna reject my application ?

No, you're ok they probably just need to clarify something, For them to have called you, low chance of rejection if you answer well. If they wanted to reject they wouldn't even bother to call.

Did you do an interview before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 13, 2013
I arrived London yesterday, excited much. This thread rocks!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ksolo2013: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2013
mz_enna were in london are u and how u enjoying it so far
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marcdeco: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

if the one online contains all the standard info of bank statement then use it else print from your bank branch

Please what do you mean by standard info?

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thekid123: 10:21am On Sep 13, 2013
Dear all,

I submitted an Admin review last week, and have now been asked to submit my passport and bank statement to the BHC. Is this a good sign? Also should I resubmit the bank statement I used in my initial application or should I use a new bank statement? Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ayodeji013: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2013
dear nairalanders, i have obtained a CAS from my uni.on my CAS(documents used to process admission section),my academic transcript is the only document listed.Now here's my issue: i only have a[b] photocopy of my academic transcript [/b]which i scanned to the university.Nigerian schools are on strike and it"s impossible to get an original from them at the moment.I called BHC abuja yesterday for advice and the lady i spoke with suggested that i submit the photocopy with a letter attached explaining my reasons(for visa application) because of limited time.Is this a good suggestion?or are there better alternatives.thanks NOTE:i have applied for my university certificate too and it's taking forever to get it so all i have is my statement of result and the academic transcript photocopy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:30am On Sep 13, 2013
thekid123: Dear all,

I submitted an Admin review last week, and have now been asked to submit my passport and bank statement to the BHC. Is this a good sign? Also should I resubmit the bank statement I used in my initial application or should I use a new bank statement? Thanks in advance.

Definitely a good sign.

If you can print a new one do that else submit the old one, submitting a new one shows that you haven't touched the money...that you still have your money available since you were refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:34am On Sep 13, 2013
ayodeji013: dear nairalanders, i have obtained a CAS from my uni.on my CAS(documents used to process admission section),my academic transcript is the only document listed.Now here's my issue: i only have a[b] photocopy of my academic transcript [/b]which i scanned to the university.Nigerian schools are on strike and it"s impossible to get an original from them at the moment.I called BHC abuja yesterday for advice and the lady i spoke with suggested that i submit the photocopy with a letter attached explaining my reasons(for visa application) because of limited time.Is this a good suggestion? or are there better alternatives.thanks NOTE:i have applied for my university certificate too and it's taking forever to get it so all i have is my statement of result and the academic transcript photocopy.

That is the only real option available to you now since your school is on strike and you haven't got the time to wait any longer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ayodeji013: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

That is the only real option available to you now since your school is on strike and you haven't got the time to wait any longer

ok..thanks for the reply.....was just wondering if this won't lead to automatic refusal.scared
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2013
ayodeji013:

ok..thanks for the reply.....was just wondering if this won't lead to automatic refusal.scared

It shouldn't considering your situation, don't forget to mention in the letter that you called the embassy and was advised to do that.

There is nothing else you can do now only if you want to defer your admission while you get the original transcript
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 10:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Kiran14: Hai everyone ,I got a call from embacy that I need to attend an interview at bhc.is that means they gonna reject my application ?

where did they ask you to attend the interview? Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2013
ayodeji013: dear nairalanders, i have obtained a CAS from my uni.on my CAS(documents used to process admission section),my academic transcript is the only document listed.Now here's my issue: i only have a[b] photocopy of my academic transcript [/b]which i scanned to the university.Nigerian schools are on strike and it"s impossible to get an original from them at the moment.I called BHC abuja yesterday for advice and the lady i spoke with suggested that i submit the photocopy with a letter attached explaining my reasons(for visa application) because of limited time.Is this a good suggestion?or are there better alternatives.thanks NOTE:i have applied for my university certificate too and it's taking forever to get it so all i have is my statement of result and the academic transcript photocopy.

please what phone number did you reach them with?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2013
mz_enna: I arrived London yesterday, excited much. This thread rocks!!!
Eyah
So happy for you
Heard the weather is starting to get chilly
Leave some for us to partake of when we arrive grin grin

justwise:
No worries.
If you have a mobile phone with open network come with it, when you get here buy lycamobile or lebara sim card, for about a pound,top up is 5 pounds, a lot cheaper to call Nigeria and local calls.
Thanks bruv
Will sure do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sollie001: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

try this : PPAInformation.abuja@fco.gov.uk

o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thekid123: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

Definitely a good sign.

If you can print a new one do that else submit the old one, submitting a new one shows that you haven't touched the money...that you still have your money available since you were refused.

Thank you, please do u know how long it takes from passport submission to hopefully receiving your visa? Thanks again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 11:50am On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

No worries.

Justwise pls wat do u mean ny a fone wt open network?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
ayodeji013: dear nairalanders, i have obtained a CAS from my uni.on my CAS(documents used to process admission section),my academic transcript is the only document listed.Now here's my issue: i only have a[b] photocopy of my academic transcript [/b]which i scanned to the university.Nigerian schools are on strike and it"s impossible to get an original from them at the moment.I called BHC abuja yesterday for advice and the lady i spoke with suggested that i submit the photocopy with a letter attached explaining my reasons(for visa application) because of limited time.Is this a good suggestion?or are there better alternatives.thanks NOTE:i have applied for my university certificate too and it's taking forever to get it so all i have is my statement of result and the academic transcript photocopy.

Have u checked with the Nigerian university? I asked cos I'm not sure the strike affects non-academic activities such as issuance of transcript(except if NASU is on strike too). I may be wrong though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
HOS13:

Have u checked with the Nigerian university? I asked cos I'm not sure the strike affects non-academic activities such as issuance of transcript(except if NASU on strike too). I may be wrong though.
you are right but dont forget that the departmental exam office issue the prototype transcript, then to faculty which are all on strike but he can still try and i pray he got positive outcome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
bbash1045:
you are right but dont forget that the departmental exam office issue the prototype transcript, then to faculty which are all on strike but he can still try and i pray he got positive outcome

Yeah. But even the Departmental offices are usually run by non-academic staff. And in some cases, once you have collected a transcript before, you don't have to go through the department anymore, they just print a copy at the central records office and give to the candidate. However, I guess this differs from uni to uni.

Anyway, since they told him to send a photocopy, I guess he can try that. I was just sceptical because the rules are clear. The person who asked him to submit a photocopy with a note attached may not be the one to assess the application.

I guess if it is possible to still try and get the original from the university, that would be a safer option.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
thekid123:

Thank you, please do u know how long it takes from passport submission to hopefully receiving your visa? Thanks again

It doesn't take time at all, matter of few days. you will hear from them next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
chrisdestiny:

Justwise pls wat do u mean ny a fone wt open network?
Unlocked phone, phone that accepts sim card from many networks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
sollie001:

OGA justwise i have called and called o. nothing. same story. don't know what to do now. they haven't replied my mail. the most disturbing thing is i don't even know the issue i have with the application. as in, why they called. is it wise to travel to Abuja? or what do you think i should do next? tension is seriously increasing!

When is your course starting? I'm not sure if one is allowed into the embassy without an appointment, if its possible then i will travel to Abuja if i were you.

It can be frustrating definitely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hey guys, good afternoon. Pls, when do you start counting the number of days, is it from the day of the visa appointment or from the next day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
jennyfar: Hey guys, good afternoon. Pls, when do you start counting the number of days, is it from the day of the visa appointment or from the next day?

Better if you start counting from the next day. My take though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adeola1289: 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013

. Hello am jst joining dis forum and I must say u guys r doing a gud job, please I wanna ask d person dat submitted an admin review wat date last week did u submit and did u sumbit any oda docs from ur 1st application wit it and also how did u sumbit is it by hard copy or u scanned it . Tanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thekid123: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
adeola1289: . Hello am jst joining dis forum and I must say u guys r doing a gud job, please I wanna ask d person dat submitted an admin review wat date last week did u submit and did u sumbit any oda docs from ur 1st application wit it and also how did u sumbit is it by hard copy or u scanned it . Tanx

No I just filled the form and wrote a letter explaining why I thought they made a mistake with my application. I don't think you are allowed to resubmit any documents or to submit new ones.

My school also heled me and contacted the British Council to plead my case. Hope this is helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thekid123: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
justwise:

It doesn't take time at all, matter of few days. you will hear from them next week.
Thank you, appreciate it!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
thekid123:

No I just filled the form and wrote a letter explaining why I thought they made a mistake with my application. I don't think you are allowed to resubmit any documents or to submit new ones.

My school also heled me and contacted the British Council to plead my case. Hope this is helpful.

That was very nice of them, some schools will leave you to battle it out alone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by PhatIon: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2013

Did you even read the administrative review procedure in the Tier 4 policy guidance that I suggested that you should read earlier? If you did, you wouldn't need to ask these questions and you would have known that it is a normal process (in a successful administrative review) for the applicant's passport to be requested for the Entry Clearance to be issued and for the refusal decision to be overturned, provided your application didn't fail on other grounds because it is not enough just to ask them to issue you an entry clearance because you proved and made them realize that they made a mistake in assessing your CAS but didn't score points for maintenance (and in such a case they could admit their error in assessing the CAS but still refuse the application on another ground - not scoring enough points, 10 points, for maintenance). So, it is my hope that your bank statement at the time of your initial application was OK. This indicates that they're working on your administrative review application. This is one of the reasons why I just love the UK's Points Based System - Administrative review. Unlike in other Visa categories that aren't really Points-based. If you still haven't read the Tier 4 policy guidance, I suggest you read it. Good luck and take care Sir/Madam. smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
mz_enna: I arrived London yesterday, excited much. This thread rocks!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
I never attend an interview in bhc.i am afraid .

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.