Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,490 members, 7,964,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:36 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (878107 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 12:27am On Dec 02, 2013
xteeeee: Hello, after filling the appendix 8 there is an instruction below that states as follows "ensure also to complete the personal detail form VAF9 either on paper or online" so with this is it still important to submits the VAF9

yes, but online
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:50am On Dec 02, 2013
royalsweetness:
I paid with my GTB debit card at the beginning of this week, and I was charged 266 naira per GBP, it broke my heart. Not such a money-wise option afterall

lol. Well, you are right about the rate GTB have been using lately. Lets consider another option: Buy pounds from Aboki/BDC at #268/£ (and that's if you get all the required money from one person). Then pay it into your Dorm Account and then pay over #10,000 as charges for offshore transfer. And then wait for about 48 hours or more to confirm your payment. You'll agree with me that online payment solution is fairer. Although information has it that new generation banks (First Bank precisely) offer much lower rates as compared to GTB.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 12:53am On Dec 02, 2013
jcaribie:

yes, but online

But previously someone mention dat she added the hand filled VAF9 form to her application, so I guess it's jus as u said
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:13am On Dec 02, 2013
bunburized:
My course start date is Jan 20th. I filled this as the date I will like to travel. I am beginning to think that was an error on my part as i would av preferred arriving UK atleast a week earlier. Will the approved visa length take this into consideration or they will just issue based on what I filled in the form?
Since you say I can fill the VAF9 form can I write a different choice of arrival date there?
Hello! Are you coming to the UK to study law? You're quite good with asking questions. That's just by the way though. Many of your questions are answered already so that's the reason I didn't reply your former post since I was offline for a while. NO, you do not need to submit a paper VAF9 if you have submitted your online application. printing off your online application is your VAF9 and you should not submit a hand-filled version. So, just submit the printed VAF9, your filled VAF9-APP8 form, your bank statement, your passport and all the documents listed on your CAS. Since you have chosen Jan 20th for your arrival date, you can't change it, so don't bother about it. Hopefully the ECO may let your clearance begin from 16th or 17th.
As for your phone number that is not on your VAF9, my advice is that you may write an introductory letter which you will submit with your application. It will just be a formal letter introducing yourself and stating that your phone number is not on the form and then you provide it. The reason I am saying this is that, recently, someone from this thread was contacted by UKBA to supply his phone number. Just to avoid any form of delay.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:15am On Dec 02, 2013
xteeeee:

But previously someone mention dat she added the hand filled VAF9 form to her application, so I guess it's jus as u said
The Visa Application Form (VAF)9 is the online application and once you fill it online and submit and print off a copy, that print off is what you should submit, not a hand-filled VAF9.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:20am On Dec 02, 2013
Don Oms:
The Visa Application Form (VAF)9 is the online application and once you fill it online and submit and print off a copy, that print off is what you should submit, not a hand-filled VAF9.
Lol @ Lawyer. I am actually going for HRM. There is a saying that he who ask questions will never get lost.
I like to be very thorough in everything I do.
We are talking 7m+ sir and any slight omission or commission may result to denial.
Imagine a denial over something a quick question and answer would have saved me. I will never forgive myself.
Anywaz, I thank you and others for being patient with me and for your promptness and dedication to providing answers. Someday, I will be in UK and will have y'all to thank for it.
Going further I have a question #smile.
Is there a suggested dress code for a female going to vfs for submission?
I don't want to go there looking like someone prep for a party when I am suppose to be dressed like a banker.
I assumed the british shouldn't have a prob with dress codes considering they have more tolerance than the average Nigerian.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 7:13am On Dec 02, 2013
Don Oms:

Thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 7:25am On Dec 02, 2013
Hello every1, been trying to login so I can print my online application since yesterday but d page can't open and I have an interview by noon, hw do I go abt it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 8:16am On Dec 02, 2013
bunburized:
Lol @ Lawyer. I am actually going for HRM. There is a saying that he who ask questions will never get lost.
I like to be very thorough in everything I do.
We are talking 7m+ sir and any slight omission or commission may result to denial.
Imagine a denial over something a quick question and answer would have saved me. I will never forgive myself.
Anywaz, I thank you and others for being patient with me and for your promptness and dedication to providing answers. Someday, I will be in UK and will have y'all to thank for it.
Going further I have a question #smile.
Is there a suggested dress code for a female going to vfs for submission?
I don't want to go there looking like someone prep for a party when I am suppose to be dressed like a banker.
I assumed the british shouldn't have a prob with dress codes considering they have more tolerance than the average Nigerian.
Dress normal/ however u want to, it's not a job interview so no one will be checking all dt.
xteeeee: Hello every1, been trying to login so I can print my online application since yesterday but d page can't open and I have an interview by noon, hw do I go abt it
Keep tryn, had d same experience on Friday, was only able to print abt 2 hrs b4 my interview. If u r unable to print even at d last minute , just reschedule ur appointment..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2013
Once again I printed my bank statement on 28 of November it dates 28 October to 28 November but the problem is there was no transaction after 23 November therefore I printed another one d next day from 20 October to 29th November, pls which do u suggest I should use ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 11:50am On Dec 02, 2013
i am about putting the deposit in my account around when should i make a transaction in the account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
bunburized: I have submitted my visa application online and booked an appointment for submission/interview @ d vfs center for 5th Dec. My maintenance funds will complete 28 days on Dec 3rd and i hope to print my account statement that same day or on 4th of Dec (playing safe grin).
I elected to pay the visa application fee at the visa center instead of online just so I don't enter "one chance" in case I was too forward.
I hope this is not a problem considering the fact that today is 5 days away from the visa appointment date i scheduled (Dec 5th) and I am yet to print my statement of account to show proof of funds?
Pls if u feel there is a problem what are my options?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=bunburized][/8quote]
No problem there u can pay @ the application center.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Please does it matter if the name that deposited money in your account isn't same with yours? I mean can a friend deposit on your behalf in your account or must the name of the depositor be yours. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Guzye: Please does it matter if the name that deposited money in your account isn't same with yours? I mean can a friend deposit on your behalf in your account or must the name of the depositor be yours. Thank you

You MUST be able to answer
Where the money came from.
Why you have it.
You must prove that the money is yours to use.
They are looking for "money lodgement" where people borrow money to boost their account then turn up in country with no funds to support themselves.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
worry 359:
Why you have it.
They are looking for "money lodgement" where people borrow money to boost their account then turn up in country with no funds to support themselves.

So how do I prove it's mine?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
worry 359:

Why you have it.
Actually dt is not right. Prospective students dnt hv to prove how they got their funds . If u ask me, it is an obvious fact that over 90% of students don't sponsor themselves,usually relatives or companies or well wishers are d sponsors so it shdnt be surprising to see a large lodgement. also it is specifically stated on the ukba site that proof of source of funds isn't needed for students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
Finally got my visa 2day @ calabar via ups(courier) ,I applied and did my interview @ abuja vfs office last Monday grin cheesy cool

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
bunburized: ...
Don't worry about the timing of your submitted application. Although they seem to have made a change to their website but I believe you'll be fine since the "Application Date" is the date you pay for your visa application (you're paying on the 5th.)
Didn't even know you're female. Smart Casual is the ideal dress code. You know what they say about the way one dresses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jaynekari: 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
bunburized: Please I am about making payment for my tuition fee. Is it advisable to provide the finance officer of my school(University of Salford) details of my mastercard so it can be charged?
This seem to be the easiest and cheapest means for paying my school fees.
I am very skeptical about doing this as I have all my funds in my account linked to the mastercard.
Need advise and experiences here.
. Hello, I will also be going to salford next year, how far have u gone. Will be going for march intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guzye(m): 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
miz Gene:
Actually dt is not right. Prospective students dnt hv to prove how they got their funds . If u ask me, it is an obvious fact that over 90% of students don't sponsor themselves,usually relatives or companies or well wishers are d sponsors so it shdnt be surprising to see a large lodgement. also it is specifically stated on the ukba site that proof of source of funds isn't needed for students.

Thank you hun
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
xteeeee: Once again I printed my bank statement on 28 of November it dates 28 October to 28 November but the problem is there was no transaction after 23 November therefore I printed another one d next day from 20 October to 29th November, pls which do u suggest I should use ?
I guess you already had your interview. As long as both statements show the initial deposit that made your required money complete and there's at least 28 days between that transaction date and today, both will be usable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
please when filling out my application, what is the difference between place of issue and issuing authority of your passport, secondly, can i select tier 4 student (general) as type of visa, even though I'm using my dad's account to apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
Guzye:

So how do I prove it's mine?
miz Gene:
Worry 359 generalised on his answer. Tier-4 visa applicants do NOT need to show proof of source of funds. Also, that another person made the deposit is not a problem. As long as your money is complete and stayed for at least 28 days in your account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
royalsweetness: please when filling out my application, what is the difference between place of issue and issuing authority of your passport, secondly, can i select tier 4 student (general) as type of visa, even though I'm using my dad's account to apply
Place of Issue is the state where your passport was issued, followed by country e.g. Abuja, Nigeria.
Issuing Authority is: Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Whosoever's account you're using, you're still a tier-4 (general) applicant my dear.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
guardian09: Finally got my visa 2day @ calabar via ups(courier) ,I applied and did my interview @ abuja vfs office last Monday grin cheesy cool
Congratulations bro! Do have safe trip when you travel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Don Oms:
Place of Issue is the state where your passport was issued, followed by country e.g. Abuja, Nigeria.
Whosoever's account you're using, you're still a tier-4 (general) applicant my dear.

lol, kissThanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
kellyemms: i am about putting the deposit in my account around when should i make a transaction in the account?
What deposit? Your required money? Or the small amount you're advised to pay into your account before getting your statement printed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
guardian09: Finally got my visa 2day @ calabar via ups(courier) ,I applied and did my interview @ abuja vfs office last Monday grin cheesy cool
Congrats! Where are we gonna pop d champagne?
Hmm...thinking Calabar things dis Xmas. Hrd so much abt dat festival.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
Don Oms:
I perused my own passport and saw under issuing authority: Ikoyi, Lagos, but Federal Republic of Nigeria sounds more like it.
If they refuse me a visa coz of this then it is apparent God is speaking through them. At this moment I have handed over everything to God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
jaynekari: . Hello, I will also be going to salford next year, how far have u gone. Will be going for march intake
I am through with tuition wahala. Paid the whole fee and had the maintenance fee lodged. I am just waiting to go to the vfs centre friday and get this whole thing over with.
You are welcome to ask any question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
bunburized:
I perused my own passport and saw under issuing authority: Ikoyi, Lagos, but Federal Republic of Nigeria sounds more like it.
If they refuse me a visa coz of this then it is apparent God is speaking through them. At this moment I have handed over everything to God.
Don't worry about that. It's no problem at all. They know Lagos is in Nigeria and besides, you'll drop the passport with them on Thursday so if they're in doubt, they'll check shocked themselves. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.