Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,433 members, 7,978,373 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (879087 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2014
jidecole23: good day.

To the gurus in the house, am having some issues with the exchange rate. on oanda 1 naira to pounds is 280 and 265 pounds to 1 naira(buying and selling difference). my question is can I use the 265 rate instead of the 280 rate because at 280 d money in my account(2,050,000) would not be up to 7830 pounds. please I need advice on this. Thanks

It's no good fooling yourself with exchange rate tricks!
The U.K.B.A. will use the standard rate at the time that they process your application. If it does not add up then no visa!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2014
jidecole23: good day.

To the gurus in the house, am having some issues with the exchange rate. on oanda 1 naira to pounds is 280 and 265 pounds to 1 naira(buying and selling difference). my question is can I use the 265 rate instead of the 280 rate because at 280 d money in my account(2,050,000) would not be up to 7830 pounds.

please I need advice on this. Thanks

When did you deposit the money and what was the exchange rate that day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
Gooday hause

Pls need a litle clearification. I dnt hav enof money in my acct. Can I use my parents statemnt of acct?? If yes how many month SOA shld I print to cover for fees n maintenance test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
justwise:
This equals 30 points.
You must have evidence the maintenance costs of your education, have been held for at least 28 consecutive (continuous) days AND the date of the closing balance must not be more than one month before the date the application was lodged at a visa application centre. Maintenance costs your course fees (first year) and living costs (living costs for nine months and above are estimated as £9000 for inner London and £7,200 for outside London).You must write your OANDA conversion rate (from www.oanda.com) and amount this equals in Pounds Sterling for the day you are applying for your visa on the statement of accounts (currenty adding this point to my fist post). This equals 10 points.

sunvick: Gooday hause
Pls need a litle clearification. I dnt hav enof money in my acct. Can I use my parents statemnt of acct?? If yes how many month SOA shld I print to cover for fees n maintenance test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
^^@justwise, that your quote is obsolete... £7200 & £9000 for outside inner and inner London respectively
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
presiade: ^^@justwise, that your quote is obsolete... £7200 & £9000 for outside inner and inner London respectively

Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IJESA83: 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Please my people I just receive my CAS from university of Aberdeen and need to apply for tier4 adult. Please is it only the online application available? If yes how does it work and where do I pay the £310 application fees. Also is it necessary to request my academic transcripts to the british high commission. Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
IJESA83: Please my people I just receive my CAS from university of Aberdeen and need to apply for tier4 adult. Please is it only the online application available? If yes how does it work and where do I pay the £310 application fees. Also is it necessary to request my academic transcripts to the british high commission. Please help

Its very easy...use this link https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/apply

Its only done online.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IJESA83: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thank u, can I make the payment ussing GTB MASTER CARD and do I need to convert the naira to Pounds sterling?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
IJESA83: Thank u, can I make the payment ussing GTB MASTER CARD and do I need to convert the naira to Pounds sterling?
People who have done that will answer you, i have never made use of that card before, a lot of people here have and will give you more reliable answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
IJESA83: Thank u, can I make the payment ussing GTB MASTER CARD and do I need to convert the naira to Pounds sterling?

yes you can and you dont need to convert it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Please I have a bit of a problem. I plan to apply for my study visa this week. I just discovered that I made some mistakes in my form. Is there a way I can fill another form or correct the mistakes. Thanks for your help. I'm getting so worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
sashacoleman: Hi Everyone,

Please I have a bit of a problem. I plan to apply for my study visa this week. I just discovered that I made some mistakes in my form. Is there a way I can fill another form or correct the mistakes. Thanks for your help. I'm getting so worried.

You plan to apply or you have applied already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 7:07am On Jul 01, 2014
I haven't applied yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:14am On Jul 01, 2014
sashacoleman: I haven't applied yet.

Then you got no problem, application is done online these days and you can edit whatever mistake you have made.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:22am On Jul 01, 2014
That's the problem, I can't edit. I cant make changes, nothing! Please help o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2014
sashacoleman: That's the problem, I can't edit. I cant make changes, nothing! Please help o

I'm not sure you are doing the right thing because you should be able to edit your form.

Look for help-link in that application page and see how you can edit your info, people here have done it in the past sadly all that info is gone now.

I'm sure that somebody who has used the form recently will tell you exactly where to find edit button or how to go about it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2014
sashacoleman: That's the problem, I can't edit. I cant make changes, nothing! Please help o
I think the alternative is for u to delete the whole application and fill in a new one entirely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
anybody done the Tb test recently

I been trying this their numbers but not going thru.
Lagos
Tel: +234(0) 807 219 1112, or
+234 (0) 80 2226 4059, or
+234 (0) 90 9215 6079

Anybody with another set of numbers for the lagos branch should please help out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Olola15: anybody done the Tb test recently

I been trying this their numbers but not going thru.
Lagos
Tel: +234(0) 807 219 1112, or
+234 (0) 80 2226 4059, or
+234 (0) 90 9215 6079

Anybody with another set of numbers for the lagos branch should please help out

Keep trying all the numbers, they would eventually pick up, but these are their email addresses;
EZEMENARI Florence: FEZEMENARI@iom.int
ONUMAEMEZE Maryjane: MONUMAEMEZE@iom.int
AIDEYAN Winnie: WAIDEYAN@iom.int
THUO Nahashon: nthuo@iom.int
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
sassybee:
Keep trying all the numbers, they would eventually pick up, but these are their email addresses;
EZEMENARI Florence: FEZEMENARI@iom.int
ONUMAEMEZE Maryjane: MONUMAEMEZE@iom.int
AIDEYAN Winnie: WAIDEYAN@iom.int
THUO Nahashon: nthuo@iom.int

thanks Sassybee,

Did you have your tb test very recently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
Olola15:

thanks Sassybee,

Did you have your tb test very recently?

Did mine in May
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
mailed them now and got a reply that the earliest available time is July 17th upward.Thats way off my schedule. i mailed them asking if an earlier date can be arranged, even if it comes at a higher cost.

Sassybee, do you have any idea how i can arrange an earlier date??

also, when you did yours, did you collect the result that same day or the following date.Time you did it and time you collected the result will be helpful.

sassybee:
Did mine in May
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunaba123: 10:47am On Jul 02, 2014
Hi all the Gurus in the house. have got three questions and please i need a reply urgently
i lived in the UK on a student visa for two years, at the end of my course and graduation i returned home October last year (2013) which means i was resident in the UK, im returning September this year to start my phd course, am i also suppose to do the TB test.

second question

on the new on line form, they are requesting for my address in the uk and i haven't rented an apartment yet in the UK, what address do i use on this form, cos i do not plan to stay in schools accommodation but will find a place to rent when i get there.

THIRD QUESTION

also on the form what is the best answer where asked why i had a national inusrance number? i believe everyone who liveS in UK should have one but im wondering what answer to write.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Jul 02, 2014
kunaba123: Hi all the Gurus in the house. have got three questions and please i need a reply urgently
i lived in the UK on a student visa for two years, at the end of my course and graduation i returned home October last year (2013) which means i was resident in the UK, im returning September this year to start my phd course, am i also suppose to do the TB test.

second question

on the new on line form, they are requesting for my address in the uk and i haven't rented an apartment yet in the UK, what address do i use on this form, cos i do not plan to stay in schools accommodation but will find a place to rent when i get there.

THIRD QUESTION

also on the form what is the best answer where asked why i had a national inusrance number? i believe everyone who liveS in UK should have one but im wondering what answer to write.

Q 1. Yes you will do TB test.

Q 2. Use your school international office address for now, you will change it when you get an accommodation.

Q 3. If you have NI number then put it, if you don't leave it blank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smslive2: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2014
For those willing to apply for Point Based System visa, please take note of the financial changes introduced from 1st of July 2014.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/320859/Immigration_Rules_-_Appendix_C.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Jul 02, 2014
Maintenance money changes.

See attachment.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 11:09am On Jul 02, 2014
I did my TB test yesterday and I just picked up my result today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
sashacoleman: I did my TB test yesterday and I just picked up my result today.

Thanks Sashacoleman, i got thru to the Abuja hospital this morning and it loooks like they gat slow traffic there as they told me i can come in for the TB test anytime i like(unlike Lagos hospital that said 17th July is their earliest time)Av however scheduled monday 9.00 and the sweet thing is I even get the result same day.

Cost of the test:21,170
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by auroraborealis: 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
ahonohai:

I've just finished week at Cranfield on the part time MSc..excellent choice of school

I love cranfield. Really nice choice of school though a bit expensive. I want to ask, does your place of work in Nigeria give career breaks (up to a max of 1 year or so) to enable staff develop academically and professional - by taking short courses or even a masters. Just wondering cuz I kinda like full-time studies compared to part time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
auroraborealis:

I love cranfield. Really nice choice of school though a bit expensive. I want to ask, does your place of work in Nigeria give career breaks (up to a max of 1 year or so) to enable staff develop academically and professional - by taking short courses or even a masters. Just wondering cuz I kinda like full-time studies compared to part time.

The company I work with gives study leave without pay after five years of employment and career break after ten years of continuous employment.

It's really expensive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by auroraborealis: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
ahonohai:

The company I work with gives study leave without pay after five years of employment and career break after ten years of continuous employment.

It's really expensive.

Ouch! It would be really expensive. Not impressive at such. Anyways a goal is a goal and must be achieved with some sacrifices. Thanks for the info Bro. Meet you at the top!

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.