Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,296 members, 7,923,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 01:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (874792 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
spikesC:

congrats man cool
Thanks my man.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
jayseis: Hi everyone, Cc spikesC, Justwise

I have just received email that my visa has been approved and issued (Applied on August 14th and received email on August 25th).

Please, i want to know if someone else can pick up my document for me at the visa center. I applied in Ikeja, but not in Lagos at the moment.

Yes somebody can pick it up for you, give the person an authorization letter and other details spikesC mentioned.

Congratulations though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:
Cc spikesC, Justwise please is this possible?

You mean somebody picking it up on his behalf or how quick the visa was issued?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

WOW ,congrat so these people dey work today? chai
The thing even surprise me o. I was actually looking out for it as from Monday. I never knew they could send out such mails on Sunday. All in all, I give all the glory to God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
pholareen1:

Hmmm... So I should not even expect mine this week at all as I applied on the 13th. I know of a friend that applied on the 1st too and has not yet received a mail. I'm hopeful I will get it this week sha. Thanks for the information. Its good to know some people was there to make them know the waiting ain't fun

Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
laoma4u:

thanks for the info. I applied on the 25th, so i should just forget travelling dis yr thanks to teleperformamce as my latest date is 22nd sept.
Are you saying its a different embassy that handles vfs and teleperformance? P.s what is sheffield? do they send the applications abroad?

Vfs ikeja and abuja use the British embassy in Abuja
While teleperformance uses the embassy in Sheffield that is the applications are processed abroad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
ocheejemb: Why are they sending applications to Sheffield?

Sheffield is the uk visa and immigration centre they use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
gmolen:
The thing even surprise me o. I was actually looking out for it as from Monday. I never knew they could send out such mails on Sunday. All in all, I give all the glory to God.
Were did u submit??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
kingsilly:
Were did u submit??
Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
justwise:

You mean somebody picking it up on his behalf or how quick the visa was issued?

i mean somebody picking it up on his behalf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

i mean somebody picking it up on his behalf

Yes that is possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
gmolen: Indeed, all the invaluable information and suggestions I gathered from here in no small measure made my visa application process a lot more easier. To the glory of God, I got a mail today that my application has been approved and visa issued after about 4 working days. Special thanks to SpikesC and DonOms.
Congratulations! Welcome to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
justwise:

Yes that is possible

Thats good. i want to send my wife to go and pick up mine for me too as i will not have time to leave my office but i have a question , i paid for ups to bring down to lagos and i dont think i can wait for them bcuz i want to travel by on the 8th and with what i have read here ,the courier are very slow .pls advice me on what i need to do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by laoma4u: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
msRager:

Vfs ikeja and abuja use the British embassy in Abuja
While teleperformance uses the embassy in Sheffield that is the applications are processed abroad

ohhhhh boi.. i should have gotten more info before applying oh. so is Sheffield meant to send a mail to show that they received the application? cos i only got a mail from teleperformance on the 25th immidiately after submitting that it has been taken to the british high commission bla bla. so am i suppose to get a mail from sheffield for both receipt and approval?

thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Thats good. i want to send my wife to go and pick up mine for me too as i will not have time to leave my office but i have a question , i paid for ups to bring down to lagos and i dont think i can wait for them bcuz i want to travel by on the 8th and with what i have read here ,the courier are very slow .pls advice me on what i need to do

If you've paid for UPS, it may not be advisable to send your wife to travel to Abuja to get it. The reason is because you might miss the package especially if UKVI doesn't mail you. Your package may have been dispatched before your wife gets there. Personally, I'd advice you let UPS bring it to Lagos but track it and call them and then go to the Lagos landing hub to collect it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
DonOms:

If you've paid for UPS, it may not be advisable to send your wife to travel to Abuja to get it. The reason is because you might miss the package especially if UKVI doesn't mail you. Your package may have been dispatched before your wife gets there. Personally, I'd advice you let UPS bring it to Lagos but track it and call them and then go to the Lagos landing hub to collect it.

@ DonOms. thanks,Please do you have idea of all the document i need to give my wife to apply as dependent when i get to the uk? because it seems like i have read it on your comment here before pls advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
laoma4u:

ohhhhh boi.. i should have gotten more info before applying oh. so is Sheffield meant to send a mail to show that they received the application? cos i only got a mail from teleperformance on the 25th immidiately after submitting that it has been taken to the british high commission bla bla. so am i suppose to get a mail from sheffield for both receipt and approval?

thanks.
No Sheffield doesn't send a mail when you need more information about your application they send you to the ukvi office in Sheffield
Both the ukvi and teleperformance contact you wen it's ready
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
msRager:
No Sheffield doesn't send a mail when you need more information about your application they send you to the ukvi office in Sheffield
Both the ukvi and teleperformance contact you wen it's ready

shocked shocked na 30yrs be dat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks for the info. I submitted on the 31st of July. By Gods grace we will hear from them this week. smiley
msRager: Teleperformance is one the most useless services for visa applications.
I submitted an application since the 6th of August and waited the 15 working days. Yet no visa/passport. Their tracking website is awful and should be shut down.
I went over to their office on Friday and tried to find out why it's taking this long of course they had story to tell. How it's not their fault and it's Sheffield and they have been sending reminders to Sheffield office.
Apparently some Nigerians had come that morning to scatter the place.
The only good news I could get from them was that they had not gotten any packages as at Wednesday Thursday and Friday so they are expecting a lot on Monday but the service is still terrible.
Although I have contacted Sheffield I always get the same automated message that my application has not been assessed by an ECO.
I Don tire.. All my peers that used vfs got theirs without a flinch.
I hope my story helps a lot of people, it's better to learn than to fall into this situation and start regretting.
Patience is key with prayers hopefully they answer me this week as my school resumes on the 9th of Sept
A quick question though has anybody received any news from teleperformance for those that applied from July 28 to August 9 so I know I am not alone.
P.s if you have a teleperformance interview change it sharp sharp to Ikeja or abuja.. seems our own embassy is more reliable
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

@ DonOms. thanks,Please do you have idea of all the document i need to give my wife to apply as dependent when i get to the uk? because it seems like i have read it on your comment here before pls advice

@ DonOms @justwise @ spikec and anybody with useful information pls say something
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
DonOms:
Congratulations! Welcome to the UK.
Thanks DonOms.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

@ DonOms @justwise @ spikec and anybody with useful information pls say something

You will get all the info here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/324611/DEP_guidance_07-14.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

justwise:

You will get all the info here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/324611/DEP_guidance_07-14.pdf

Oga Justwise just gave you the link of the guidance for dependent visa application so please read it and know how it should be done. Some of the required docs are:
Intnl. Passport
2 passport photographs
Bank Statement (if not sponsored)
Proof of Dependant address
Proof of Relatonship
Proof of Student's visa and enrolment in Uni.
Proof of accommodation in UK (if with dependant, landlord should write a letter granting your stay)
Please read through the guidance for ALL you need to know so as to make an excellent application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
DonOms:

Oga Justwise just gave you the link of the guidance for dependent visa application so please read it and know how it should be done. Some of the required docs are:
Intnl. Passport
2 passport photographs
Bank Statement (if not sponsored)
Proof of Dependant address
Proof of Relatonship
Proof of Student's visa and enrolment in Uni.
Proof of accommodation in UK (if with dependant, landlord should write a letter granting your stay)
Please read through the guidance for ALL you need to know so as to make an excellent application

My oga pls about the proof of accomodation,is it okay if i send my tenancy agreement to her? thats if i rent a 1 bedroom flat from an agent and do i have to put her name on the tenancy agreement or just tenancy agreement to show that i have a house that i can accomodate her in uk?.
Secondly pls what kind of proof of address does the dependent need bcuz we stay together in lagos and we have received couple of uk visa together before. pls respond sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

My oga pls about the proof of accomodation,is it okay if i send my tenancy agreement to her? thats if i rent a 1 bedroom flat from an agent and do i have to put her name on the tenancy agreement or just tenancy agreement to show that i have a house that i can accomodate her in uk?.
Secondly pls what kind of proof of address does the dependent need bcuz we stay together in lagos and we have received couple of uk visa together before. pls respond sir

Yes your tenancy agreement is fine but it has to show that she can live with you. Additionally, you can have the landlord write a letter that you are allowed to live with a spouse under the tenancy agreement.
Any recent bill (e.g. electricity) of your Lagos house should do well. Please, try to go over the document oga Justwise sent you. ALL the information is written there. I just gave you some of the things I know should be needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
msRager: Teleperformance is one the most useless services for visa applications.
I submitted an application since the 6th of August and waited the 15 working days. Yet no visa/passport. Their tracking website is awful and should be shut down.
I went over to their office on Friday and tried to find out why it's taking this long of course they had story to tell. How it's not their fault and it's Sheffield and they have been sending reminders to Sheffield office.
Apparently some Nigerians had come that morning to scatter the place.
The only good news I could get from them was that they had not gotten any packages as at Wednesday Thursday and Friday so they are expecting a lot on Monday but the service is still terrible.
Although I have contacted Sheffield I always get the same automated message that my application has not been assessed by an ECO.
I Don tire.. All my peers that used vfs got theirs without a flinch.
I hope my story helps a lot of people, it's better to learn than to fall into this situation and start regretting.
Patience is key with prayers hopefully they answer me this week as my school resumes on the 9th of Sept
A quick question though has anybody received any news from teleperformance for those that applied from July 28 to August 9 so I know I am not alone.
P.s if you have a teleperformance interview change it sharp sharp to Ikeja or abuja.. seems our own embassy is more reliable

Please whats sheffield's contact. I will like to mail them too. My application has been spending months at TeleImperformance jatijati
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
paradisewoods:
Please whats sheffield's contact. I will like to mail them too. My application has been spending months at TeleImperformance jatijati

If I remember correctly, u went for interview on Aug 19th

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hello house,pls I got my approval email on 27th August pls is it ok to go ikeja to pick d package tomorrow 1st of sept since d mail said it will b dere afta 2 working days thou av not gotten any sms from ikeja vac.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
francistayo: Hello house,pls I got my approval email on 27th August pls is it ok to go ikeja to pick d package tomorrow 1st of sept since d mail said it will b dere afta 2 working days thou av not gotten any sms from ikeja vac.

track it first on vfs website to know the status
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone...

Please the "sponsor" stated here is it my school, or the person sponsoring me?
And where do I get sponsors licence?

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hello house,i recieved an approval email last monday,till now my tracking is processed passport is in transit,do u think my passport will be available tomorow monday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.