Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,934 members, 7,980,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (879316 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by unistudent1: 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
crown86:

That is definitely enough. if the reason was purely base on maintenance fees then you need to seek for administrative review or better still reapply

Also, what is the name of the school. Read through the refusal letter patiently and see that the CAS has not being used.

I was not refused and I will not be refused in Jesus name. Amen. Application still processing

Thanks for your quick responses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
unistudent1:

Inner London

Then you should check the likely exchange rates of the date of your application(when visa fee is paid) and if your balance is still well over the limit. You do not need to show funds for accomodation unless it is a requirement included in your cas(very unlikely). However, if you already completed payment for your accomodation prior to completion of your 28 days, you need to show that the minimum balance reflected on that statement is still sufficient and only £1020 less of maintenance funds would be acceptable irrespective of how much ''more'' than £1020 you paid towards the actual accomodation(and you must include evidence of payment for such accomodation if this is the case).
3Million looks okay for now (in your case), but no one knows how much the exchange rates would be when u apply. So be sure to check before you submit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
unistudent1:

I was not refused and I will not be refused in Jesus name. Amen. Application still processing

Thanks for your quick responses

Thank God. As it would be unbelievable to hear that. You got your papers right and a 3Million is enough for your masters programme regarding maintenance.

Keep the faith brother.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
crown86:

That is definitely enough. if the reason was purely base on maintenance fees then you need to seek for administrative review or better still reapply

Also, what is the name of the school. Read through the refusal letter patiently and see that the CAS has not being used.

There is a mix up here, his wasn't refused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KazNaija: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Cavenchy:
This is rare.
How much was your required funds: school fees + Maintenance dues left to pay on your visa application? Did you check the Oanda rates of the day you paid for your online application to see if the sums of all accounts actually match up with required funds to show 'by borough' when converted to GBP? Did you provide the 28 days statements of all 3 statements starting and closing on the same dates? Were these closing dates within one calendar month of your actual application? Did your 5Million account at any point drop during these 28 days count? And what type of account was the 5million in?
If you still aren't at fault frm the above, Can you post the actual statement of refusal here so that we see what it is the ECO wasn't convinced about?

Going through now I see the error was mine. They calculated to 28 days from statement printing and then used conversion of date of submission.
Please where can I submit and get response quick now?

If refusal is only based on insufficient funds and no mention was made of anything else, is the CAS still usable for another application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
KazNaija:

Going through now I see the error was mine. They calculated to 28 days from statement printing and then used conversion of date of submission.

Abuja preferrably but ensure you have a late enrollment letter attached to your application. Also confirm that your CAS is still active.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KazNaija: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Is there somewhere one can check if the CAS has been 'USED"?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
KazNaija: Is there somewhere one can check if the CAS has been 'USED"?

It should be on the refusal letter.

What is the name of the school?

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
KazNaija:

Going through now I see the error was mine. They calculated to 28 days from statement printing and then used conversion of date of submission

If refusal is only based on insufficient funds and no mention was made of anything else, is the CAS still usable for another application?

Unfortunately you can not use your CAS for more than one visa application. You would have to contact your school to request a new CAS. I'm still at a loss as to how this refusal was your fault (the bolded part). Did u withdraw the 5million before the closing balance date on your statement? Or was the 5million not enough to cover course fees + maintenance when converted on date of application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KazNaija: 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
crown86:

It should be on the refusal letter.

What is the name of the school?

Regards

The refusal letter doesn't mention the CAS at all. The school is University of Nottingham
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KazNaija: 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
Cavenchy:

Unfortunately you can not use your CAS for more than one visa application. You would have to contact your school to request a new CAS. I'm still at a loss as to how this refusal was your fault (the bolded part). Did u withdraw the 5million before the closing balance date on your statement? Or was the 5million not enough to cover course fees + maintenance when converted on date of application?

The statement was printed on 28th of August to meet appointment on 29th at Ikeja. Ikeja said I didn't choose Tier 4 so i went to TP VI on 1st September. The full amount was in account on 4th of September. The ECO looked at statement date of 28th and picked amount there on the 1st of August. I thought they would count from date of application (1st sept).
If CAS was not mentioned in the refusal letter can it be used again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
KazNaija:

The refusal letter doesn't mention the CAS at all. The school is University of Nottingham

Contact the school and ask if you could still apply with the former CAS. Better still put a call through to them with your student ID in view

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
KazNaija:

The statement was printed on 28th of August to meet appointment on 29th at Ikeja. Ikeja said I didn't choose Tier 4 so i went to TP VI on 1st September. The full amount was in account on 4th of September. The ECO looked at statement date of 28th and picked amount there on the 1st of August. I thought they would count from date of application (1st sept).

You CANNOT reuse the CAS. Get in touch with your Uni ASAP to reissue another and let them know your situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
KazNaija:

Calm down before you make another mistake....

1. You can't reuse CAS, get another one from your school.

2. When did you deposit that money for 28days counting?

3. Is the account in your name?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
KazNaija:

I guess what u meant was 4th August (bolded section above). You can not reuse the CAS, refer to the attached photo and link (I just bumped into this online now, the same principle applies for most schools in the Uk).
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/welcome/cas-application/faqs
You have to request a new CAS and use it for another visa application. This time ensure the money has clocked at least '29' days to be sure and your closing balance on print out is still within a calendar month of application date.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
mhoreh:

I submitted my application on the 12th and I was asked during the interview for my course start date, I told the guy 15th and he was like I had just 3days to resumption and I said yes I know and quickly told him I had gotten an extension, b4 d guy decides to find an excuse in dat... Wld be picking up my visa dis week
She didnt asked me why, but it would be good for my friend here to take note. congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
maka11: No nothing yet oo I'm planning on going there 2mao sef I think my package would have arrive coz it seems tp just received some packageg today that's why they asking people to come back by 2pm 2dy I'm going there 2mao by ALLAH's will + in ur interview were u asked what typed of job your parent in doing cause I was asked silly questions

was asked the same silly question too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
maka11: Nope have u? and what school are u applying to ??
I have not oh. Univerity of glasgow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
@royal34: Nice, congrats and enjoy your studies

royal34: just collected my passport from ikeja! my visa is valid till jan 2016!!! Those that got approval on tuesday should go and check o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
Oh really? U are asked the same thing too I tot maybe because it was my mums PA that she send to deposit the mainteanance money
Was the reason cause he asked who the person was and I explained well to him as well as my course modules u going to TP 2mao.....

arknoid: was asked the same silly question too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikaybee: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Praise God..
Stamped....
Approved...
Collectied.....

The Word of God works!!!!!!

Glory...

Godspeed to everyone awaiting....
Believe...
Speak what u want to see in Jesus name.Amen.
And be calm!!!

All the best!!!

God bless you all

#ikaybee

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
Olisedinma: @royal34: Nice, congrats and enjoy your studies

thanks smiley Goodluck with your application tommorrow!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
maka11: Oh really? U are asked the same thing too I tot maybe because it was my mums PA that she send to deposit the mainteanance money
Was the reason cause he asked who the person was and I explained well to him as well as my course modules u going to TP 2mao.....

used my mums too. No later this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emteecve(m): 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
bumstar1:

Nice, have you sorted out accommodation?
Nt really. Though got a place I'm gonna stay for a month while searching.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 23, 2014
emteecve:
Nt really. Though got a place I'm gonna stay for a month while searching.

Same... What course are you studying?

I'm studying petroleum engineering.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 5:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Going to TP today 22 workingdays still no response I pray my visa should be ready!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 5:41am On Sep 23, 2014
Wow maybe we are interview by the same person the guy is somehow cool with his questions but that mainteanance fee got me wondering why he wanna know I just pray I shouldn't get refuse coz of the way he asked and I don't know why he wants me to use my mums companys account I would have love to use it but I just try to follow the procedure here in which people say to save the stress one should just withdraw the money and save it to personal savings account in my name or my mums.... I think I'm starting to regret it now though cause my mum said she heard that people use it but I just tell her I know what am doing...I'm scared now tho!!!!!

arknoid: used my mums too. No later this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 5:55am On Sep 23, 2014
@just wise my visa was refused based on the maintenance funds.bank statement date...long story.
I have contacted my school for another cas
Would I be needing an extension letter from the school?

Can I use fixed deposit account as it is too late to be counting to 28days?

Then if I want to use the 28days one , the money must be in the account for 28days rite without any transaction prior to submission?

Then my school said october 6 is the last day for resumption? Logically wt dod u think abt my re applying and I was hopin 2 use ikeja this time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 6:42am On Sep 23, 2014
maka11: Wow maybe we are interview by the same person the guy is somehow cool with his questions but that mainteanance fee got me wondering why he wanna know I just pray I shouldn't get refuse coz of the way he asked and I don't know why he wants me to use my mums companys account I would have love to use it but I just try to follow the procedure here in which people say to save the stress one should just withdraw the money and save it to personal savings account in my name or my mums.... I think I'm starting to regret it now though cause my mum said she heard that people use it but I just tell her I know what am doing...I'm scared now tho!!!!!

well I feel that if they wanted to reject ur visa they won't be calling u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2014
Abeg who dey go Bangor University or knows who is going there, it will be really helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2014
maka11: Going to TP today 22 workingdays still no response I pray my visa should be ready!!!!!!

Please keep us posted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by arknoid(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2014
maka11: Going to TP today 22 workingdays still no response I pray my visa should be ready!!!!!!
best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.