Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,821 members, 7,945,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:31 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (876380 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 5:43am On Sep 14, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 6:01am On Sep 14, 2012
ibudes: Can one renew his nigeria passport in the UK if it expires or I have to come to
Nigeria

The Nigerian Embassy can assist you there on that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 6:22am On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2012
Tjluv: Today is the 18th working day since I submitted my visa application, no sms yet and the tracker still shows that my application has been forwarded to BHC. Can someone please help with any number to call? Thanks.

Number to call is on page 43 or thereabout.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 9:04am On Sep 14, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2012
Tjluv: Today is the 18th working day since I submitted my visa application, no sms yet and the tracker still shows that my application has been forwarded to BHC. Can someone please help with any number to call? Thanks.
Check page 44 of this trend...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 10:34am On Sep 14, 2012

Don't sweat it except your orientation is starting this week. You would sure get your visa. Also to note, most orientations are starting from the 24th so depends where you fall, just be calm. Feel Free to call but don't panic cos it changes nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Mail them, that's what I did and the next day my 19th day it was ready and call bhc too the lines are active from 10 - 12 pm. So call now, go to their website u'll find the number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 11:52am On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2012
ibudes: Can one renew his nigeria passport in the UK if it expires or I have to come to
Nigeria

You can do that in the UK easily
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogheneyoma: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
hey guys, its been a while...into the UK today hassle free nd without stress...pls u guys keep up d good work here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Adiahabasi: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pls who is sure of any bank in Lagos that does BTA?I don waka tire,GTB says they@ve stopped
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
Adiahabasi: Pls who is sure of any bank in Lagos that does BTA?I don waka tire,GTB says they@ve stopped

Check Sterling Bank Marina (not head office bt the one opposite cash n carry beside TFC)...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Charlesbro: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tjluv: Thank you. I just spoke with them and they said it has been processed and is currently in transit to Lagos. Fingers crossed.

Have you received any alert yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
Adiahabasi: Pls who is sure of any bank in Lagos that does BTA?I don waka tire,GTB says they@ve stopped

Visit Aboki and get small Pounds. Put the rest cash in your GTB Master NairaCard account or your Visa/Mastercard from any other bank and you good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2012

I am sure of first bank, i got my BTA from them, but i think you need to open an account with them tho. Moreover its not necessary, just go with about 200pounds and your naira master card. Dont accept 50 or 100pounds note ooo, before dem collect am from you, you go hear wheeeeen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Tjluv: 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Charlesbro:

Have you received any alert yet?
No alert yet, but I tracked it this evening and it showed ready for collection, will go check on monday. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dharkchild:

I am sure of first bank, i got my BTA from them, but i think you need to open an account with them tho. Moreover its not necessary, just go with about 200pounds and your naira master card. Dont accept 50 or 100pounds note ooo, before dem collect am from you, you go hear wheeeeen.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bokohalal1: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
To Master JustWise, DonXavier, Dharkchild, Kunlewoye, FutureDon, Charles E and other screen names I can't recall, I'm short of words to say thank you o. I have never experienced the kind of peace I enjoyed on this thread on NL.

My visa was ready in 13 working days. When I got to VFS to collect it, my anxiety was so palpable, I even sat down and tried opening the document-containing envelope right there but was directed to look at a notice above that warned not to. I got outside and opened it, there it was--my visa!

I have booked my British Airways flight for Sunday 16th Sept.

Thank you all cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 11:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
boko_halal: To Master JustWise, DonXavier, Dharkchild, Kunlewoye, FutureDon, Charles E and other screen names I can't recall, I'm short of words to say thank you o. I have never experienced the kind of peace I enjoyed on this thread on NL.

My visa was ready in 13 working days. When I got to VFS to collect it, my anxiety was so palpable, I even sat down and tried opening the document-containing envelope right there but was directed to look at a notice above that warned not to. I got outside and opened it, there it was--my visa!

Thank you all cheesy

I felt so elated reading your message above. GOD bless you. Happy for you. Safe Journey.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 15, 2012
smiley smiley.

Jah bless y'all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by okolodaniel: 4:47am On Sep 15, 2012
boko_halal: To Master JustWise, DonXavier, Dharkchild, Kunlewoye, FutureDon, Charles E and other screen names I can't recall, I'm short of words to say thank you o. I have never experienced the kind of peace I enjoyed on this thread on NL.

Thank you all cheesy

Hey...I'm leaving on the 16th BA too!

How about we catch up at the airport?

My e-mail is okolodaniel@ymail.com

You can send your phone number there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bokohalal1: 5:07am On Sep 15, 2012
okolodaniel:

Hey...I'm leaving on the 16th BA too!

How about we catch up at the airport?

My e-mail is okolodaniel@ymail.com

You can send your phone number there.

Man, a meet up will be excellent. I will send you an email now. My flight is 23:00 hrs, hope yours is same time too. Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2012
Congrats boko_halal (dis your username dey fear me sha grin). Welcome on board.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2012
Dharkchild:

E be like say I don enter one chance oo, cos I've got enough 50notes. sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2012

Thank you all cheesy

Congratulations, enjoy your flight tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 9:16am On Sep 15, 2012

Thank you all cheesy

Congrats bro. Have a safe trip. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2012
FutureDon:

E be like say I don enter one chance oo, cos I've got enough 50notes. sad

You know sometimes we do alot of things out of ignorance. i actually don't know why i had to carry so much with me, when all my payment so far has been made with the use of cards. i pay coin for transport tho.

Just keep your money safe and you can open an account once you registered with your school. This should be the least of your problem now. you would be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2012
Dharkchild:

Dont accept 50 or 100pounds note ooo, before dem collect am from you, you go hear wheeeeen.

There is no 100 pounds note, only 50. And yes they do scrutinise 50 pound notes, guess it's because they expect it to be hard to come by.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2012
Hello

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.