Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out (41238 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Steps Out In Sports Outfit For Morning Walk Against Cancer(pics / Femi Fani-kayode’s Ex-wife Steps Out With Husband At Daughter’s Wedding (pic) / Newly Married Lara Fortez Oshiomole Steps Out (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by ak47mann(m): 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2011
http://www.mytruspot.com/ranking.php?mode=blog&message_id=1247&row_template=blogread.tpl

Actor Nkem 'Osuofia' Owoh Completes Owerri Mansion, Valued At N500 Million
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by asha80(m): 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2011
ak47mann:

http://www.mytruspot.com/ranking.php?mode=blog&message_id=1247&row_template=blogread.tpl

Actor Nkem 'Osuofia' Owoh Completes Owerri Mansion, Valued At N500 Million

what concerns this with the this thread?
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2011
chino11:

I work and live in Awka, maybe you are talking about 10years ago, but as of today Awka bubbles with so much pride and I will maintain that Onitsha is what is holding enugu state economically to date.

I ask again does enugu state starts and ends with enugu urban? Have had any cause to travel beyond enugu urban and go to places as Udi, Nsukka, Awgu and all those cranky towns with enugu urban. Does tarring a few kilometer of road mean development. I could still remember the day I visited Amokwe in Udi I swore that nothing will ever take me to enugu state again due to under-development in many parts of the state. Virtually all parts of enugu state three senatorial zones are un-motorable if you doubt me take a tour of your state. From enugu to nsukka to awgu to udi to orji river are all death traps.

You governor is only parading murderers in the mould of chimaroke and co who cannot think of how improve the economy of the state. Yoyr state enugu was recently listed among the few state that will be soon be acquired by healthy one of which Anambra is one them.

The little improvement you see in enugu today are the handiwork of Anambra people. Enugu state remains the most backward state east of the niger when used its age to compare other states.

There is no part of Anambra that is not liveable even in the rural areas, but same cannot be said for enugu due high level under-development. We must not wash our linen in the public but if you push your luck too far we will be left with no option.

Which Awka is bubbling, please do not make me laugh. One of the dullest capital in the east. It doesn't even look like a capital just a couple of buildings, some roundabouts and flowers, finish.

I ask you again, is building tightly packed 4 storey buildings riddled with filth your definition of development? Ask any body from anywhere in Nigeria if they would rather live in Enugu State or Anambra State and you would be surprised at the answer.

Nsukka is a titan and can hold it's own against any town in Anambra. Nsukka is a developed LGA that houses the biggest University in Nigeria and whose sons and daughters are some of the most educated in Igbo land so Nsukka is fine.

If you have no idea, development begins with good roads and others follow and in that area, Enugu State has an A. You people should first create means through which peeps can access your towns and then we can come and view the alleged development in your cities.

I am from Nkanu and the road from my house in Enugu Urban up to the door step of my House in the village is tarred and clean so i would take that over congested four storey buildings, bad odour and mass illiteracy.

We do not gloat over material things and we spend money like people who actually have a functioning brain so materialism which reigns supreme in Anambra is laughable to us in Enugu. Fact still remains that Enugu State is much more pleasant place to be anytime of the year than Anambra. How many Enugu people do you see living in Anambra but you guys are crowding our cities here with that local gidi gidi business mentality. Thank you but we prefer to stay educated and simple.

Enugu has less population and more land mass than Anambra so it wouldn't be a mystery to know that cities won't be congested with four-storey buildings coupled with bad air and odour. They live free and you may not know but we love our lives that way.

We tend to, most of the time, elect intellects to power who can actually perform (see Jim Nwobodo and Sullivan Chime excluding Chimaroke), and not thugs and local business men like Anambra.

You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves, even with all your Soludo and Akunyili, Anambra remains in perpetual state of under-development and over bloated sense of importance.
Honestly, we do not see you people the way you think we do so hush it.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by delpee(f): 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2011
This is nice!
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by asha80(m): 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2011
Bandit C.:

Which Awka is bubbling, please do not make me laugh. One of the dullest capital in the east. It doesn't even look like a capital just a couple of buildings, some roundabouts and flowers, finish.

I ask you again, is building tightly packed 4 storey buildings riddled with filth your definition of development? Ask any body from anywhere in Nigeria if they would rather live in Enugu State or Anambra State and you would be surprised at the answer.

Nsukka is a titan and can hold it's own against any town in Anambra. Nsukka is a developed LGA that houses the biggest University in Nigeria and whose sons and daughters are some of the most educated in Igbo land so Nsukka is fine.

If you have no idea, development begins with good roads and others follow and in that area, Enugu State has an A. You people should first create means through which peeps can access your towns and then we can come and view the alleged development in your cities.

I am from Nkanu and the road from my house in Enugu Urban up to the door step of my House in the village is tarred and clean so i would take that over congested four storey buildings, bad odour and mass illiteracy.

We do not gloat over material things and we spend money like people who actually have a functioning brain so materialism which reigns supreme in Anambra is laughable to us in Enugu. Fact still remains that Enugu State is much more pleasant place to be anytime of the year than Anambra. How many Enugu people do you see living in Anambra but you guys are crowding our cities here with that local gidi gidi business mentality. Thank you but we prefer to stay educated and simple.

Enugu has less population and more land mass than Anambra so it wouldn't be a mystery to know that cities won't be congested with four-storey buildings coupled with bad air and odour. They live free and you may not know but we love our lives that way.

We tend to, most of the time, elect intellects to power who can actually perform (see Jim Nwobodo and Sullivan Chime excluding Chimaroke), and not thugs and local business men like Anambra.

You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves, even with all your Soludo and Akunyili, Anambra remains in perpetual state of under-development and over bloated sense of importance.

jim nwobodo actually contributed to the state onitsha foundd itself.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by chino11(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
Bandit C.:

This is a baseless talk. You are even from nkanu the very people that brings bad image and inferiority complex to the larger enugu indigens. Why would anybody want to live and work in enugu when the place is already dry economically? Come to Anambra state most of the people you see in Onitsha either okada rider or petty trader are either from your town Nkanu or any other part of your state. Anambra state puts food on your table because of your numerous bread winner residing either in Onitsha or Nnewi.

Onitsha does not have 4-5 high-rise all over. Places like American qtrs, GRA, Omagba phase 1&2 are low density neighborhood and can beat enugu urban hands down anytime any day. Awka is fast developing beautifully with the new UN-Habitat masterplan more than enugu which is over 100yrs with little or nothing to show for it, without any sustaining economy after all these years.

Loll, you mentioned nsukka and UNN; FYI; the school is a shadow of itself, the last I checked its already in ruins without any form of maintenance. Its a school living more on past glory, you cannot even begin to compare it to young UNIZIK with state-of-art facilities. Call up anybody you know in Awka they will collaborate when am telling you tonight

Sincerely speaking I have numerous enugu friends who are always wishing they are from Anambra state because different reasons, that they usually feel with complex when Identified with enugu. Enugu is a shadow of itself because 85% of it is inaccessible due to poor un-motorable road networks, but same cannot be said of Anambra.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

FYI: Enugu is only 2nd to Ebonyi when it comes to poverty in Igboland. Isn't that why they are called ara oke? tongue tongue tongue

Can you provide the source or can this be the classic case of ''pulled out of a stinky as.s''

To your other statement, i can't reply to that because it's obvious that micro and macro economics are not your specialty.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
I thoroughly mulled over what I'm about to say now because I don't want to add fuel to the fire burning down the unity of Igboland. Nevertheless this information is important and would help give insight about this mall.
My initial fear about it is encapsulated in my little analyses below.

I therefore swear, that everything I shall say below is the TRUTH, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
So help me God.

About Enugu city:

Enugu is my "home" town, as it is the same for every Eastern Nigerian. So, I would not lie against it.

Right now, with me, is a lady visitor (an indigene of Enugu state) who come to spend Christmas with us here in the States. She was there when this mall opened and (being of high income status) she frequented there before coming to visit us here. She owns a hotel on Chime Avenue in Enugu. She tells me that Enugu babes now shop once at Shoprite, and then save the plastic bag. When next they go to Ogbete main market, they brandish the bag along the way as if they just shopped at Shoprite!  grin grin  It is allowed now.  cool

When I inquired after her hotel and business generally, she told me pointblank, "Ego adiro na Enugu" (there is no money in Enugu). She was saying it with some sadness in her voice. She told me that Enugu is a "civil servant town".
Her hotel (quite a great looking hotel  cool ) charges from N6000 to N15,000 (lowest to highest rooms). At that point, I recalled that a hotel (far less in quality) was charging a minimum of N10,000 in Nnewi.
I consoled her and told her that we are lobbying the federal government seriously for the Enugu International Airport to come on stream fast so we can locate businesses in Enugu. I tried my best to convince her to stay in Enugu and wait for the coming transformation. She says that Enugu is changing daily though and things are moving up slowly for the town (she reassured me to keep faith).

I hope that some of my Enugu state brothers understand that Enugu is not just an Enugu state property, just like Onitsha is not only an Anambra state property. We are ALL developing it and lobbying for federal government projects to be located in them (river port at Onitsha and airport at Enugu). It is the height of idiocy for any individual to come and start beating chest over what we all achieved together both in Onitsha and Enugu.

About Onitsha city:

It is clear fact that Onitsha is batting far below capacity due to the strategy of development ( I say ineptitude  undecided) of Peter Obi administration in Anambra state. Yes, Peter Obi is developing rural Anambra state, but what about the urban cities? Ha emelu aru?    angry  Who says that he cannot develop BOTH urban and rural part of the state simultaneously?

Another thing is that Onitsha needs to host at least ONE University, because the level of illiteracy in that town is appalling. That is what gives the impression that there is no money in Onitsha, when in fact it may have more private money than any other Eastern town. One University located there would gradually change the population and create an educated residents who can set up corporate businesses more.

Here I stand.  cool
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by goggs(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
Indians are resisting multi national owned malls coming into India cos it will wipe off tens of thousands of jobs for shop owners but here in naija we refuse to think ahead we are just clapping for them. if they really want to help Nigeria let 90% of their goods be made in Nigeria Nigeria and let them be listed on the stock exchange. the pictures may look nice the economics of it isn't.

1 Like

Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by asha80(m): 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
goggs:

Indians are resisting multi national owned malls coming into India cos it will wipe off tens of thousands of jobs for shop owners but here in naija we refuse to think ahead we are just clapping for them. if they really want to help Nigeria let 90% of their goods be made in Nigeria Nigeria and let them be listed on the stock exchange. the pictures may look nice the economics of it isn't.

food for thought.

Onlytruth:

I thoroughly mulled over what I'm about to say now because I don't want to add fuel to the fire burning down the unity of Igboland. Nevertheless this information is important and would help give insight about this mall.
My initial fear about it is encapsulated in my little analyses below.

I therefore swear, that everything I shall say below is the TRUTH, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
So help me God.

About Enugu city:

Enugu is my "home" town, as it is the same for every Eastern Nigerian. So, I would not lie against it.

Right now, with me, is a lady visitor (an indigene of Enugu state) who come to spend Christmas with us here in the States. She was there when this mall opened and (being of high income status) she frequented there before coming to visit us here. She owns a hotel on Chime Avenue in Enugu. She tells me that Enugu babes now shop once at Shoprite, and then save the plastic bag. When next they go to Ogbete main market, they brandish the bag along the way as if they just shopped at Shoprite! grin grin It is allowed now. cool

When I inquired after her hotel and business generally, she told me pointblank, "Ego adiro na Enugu" (there is no money in Enugu). She was saying it with some sadness in her voice. She told me that Enugu is a "civil servant town".
Her hotel (quite a great looking hotel cool ) charges from N6000 to N15,000 (lowest to highest rooms). At that point, I recalled that a hotel (far less in quality) was charging a minimum of N10,000 in Nnewi.
I consoled her and told her that we are lobbying the federal government seriously for the Enugu International Airport to come on stream fast so we can locate businesses in Enugu. I tried my best to convince her to stay in Enugu and wait for the coming transformation. She says that Enugu is changing daily though and things are moving up slowly for the town (she reassured me to keep faith).

I hope that some of my Enugu state brothers understand that Enugu is not just an Enugu state property, just like Onitsha is not only an Anambra state property. We are ALL developing it and lobbying for federal government projects to be located in them (river port at Onitsha and airport at Enugu). It is the height of idiocy for any individual to come and start beating chest over what we all achieved together both in Onitsha and Enugu.

About Onitsha city:

It is clear fact that Onitsha is batting far below capacity due to the strategy of development ( I say ineptitude undecided) of Peter Obi administration in Anambra state. Yes, Peter Obi is developing rural Anambra state, but what about the urban cities? Ha emelu aru? angry Who says that he cannot develop BOTH urban and rural part of the state simultaneously?

Another thing is that Onitsha needs to host at least ONE University, because the level of illiteracy in that town is appalling. That is what gives the impression that there is no money in Onitsha, when in fact it may have more private money than any other Eastern town. One University located there would gradually change the population and create an educated residents who can set up corporate businesses more.

Here I stand. cool

money needed to fund the masterplans of those cities seem to be high though.

illiteracy in onitsha is more of poor secondary school education than having a university in my own opinion unless you are talking of having an ansu campus in onitsha rather than having a whole new university built.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2011
asha 80:

food for thought.

money needed to fund the masterplans of those cities seem to be high though.

illiteracy in onitsha is more of poor secondary school education than having a university in my own opinion

No, I disagree completely.
I can even tell you that most traders these days in Onitsha are secondary school graduates. Igboland has since moved on from complete illiteracy. However, that is what I call HALF EDUCATION, which is dangerous.
Can high school graduates set up successful corporations? How many of them (anywhere in the world) can do that?

We need UNIVERSITY level of education to create a resident population that can think of businesses like franchises, and other corporate service based businesses instead just buying and selling.

That educated population, and corporate businesses would be easier to tax, than traders.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2011
chino11:

This is a baseless talk. You are even from nkanu the very people that brings bad image and inferiority complex to the larger enugu indigens. Why would anybody want to live and work in enugu when the place is already dry economically? Come to Anambra state most of the people you see in Onitsha either okada rider or petty trader are either from your town Nkanu or any other part of your state. Anambra state puts food on your table because of your numerous bread winner residing either in Onitsha or Nnewi.

Onitsha does not have 4-5 high-rise all over. Places like American qtrs, GRA, Omagba phase 1&2 are low density neighborhood and can beat enugu urban hands down anytime any day. Awka is fast developing beautifully with the new UN-Habitat masterplan more than enugu which is over 100yrs with little or nothing to show for it, without any sustaining economy after all these years.

Loll, you mentioned nsukka and UNN; FYI; the school is a shadow of itself, the last I checked its already in ruins without any form of maintenance. Its a school living more on past glory, you cannot even begin to compare it to young UNIZIK with state-of-art facilities. Call up anybody you know in Awka they will collaborate when am telling you tonight

Sincerely speaking I have numerous enugu friends who are always wishing they are from Anambra state because different reasons, that they usually feel with complex when Identified with enugu. Enugu is a shadow of itself because 85% of it is inaccessible due to poor un-motorable road networks, but same cannot be said of Anambra.

This argument ends here because to me, you come off as uninformed and juvenile (even though you may be an adult). Your argument is just incoherent to me and i now see you had none to begin with.

That said, an Nkanu man stands heads and shoulders above any person who has complex and coming from Anambra. You people are the joke of Igboland. Your gross illiteracy and uncouth ways of behaving is a big embarrassment to other Igbos and any Enugu man who wishes to be from Anambra needs to be bodied asap. I mean, can you tell me one thing you people are proud of as Anambra people? You people have been busted and opened up for everybody to see so those your days of lies, deceit and manipulation of other Igbos are dead and gone. You people are the joke now.

You people should butt off from Enugu and cease increasing poverty here. You have messed up your state and looking to mess up mine. The funny thing is that all your prominent people want to call Enugu home and take every opportunity to jet off to the Coal City, the pride of the Igbos. Of course dem get sense nah, who wan reside in Anambra? Na wao.

@Onlytruth, of course ''ego adiro na Enugu'' because we are civil servants and proud of it, anything wrong with that?. We are conservative, moderate and spend money wisely so tell your friend to quit whining and move her hotel to Onitsha and not congest my city. We have enough hotels for one city already.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2011
Bandit C.:

@Onlytruth, of course ''ego adiro na Enugu'' because we are civil servants and proud of it, anything wrong with that?. We are conservative, moderate and spend money wisely so tell your friend to quit whining and move her hotel to Onitsha and not congest my city. We have enough hotels for one city already.

So, you are telling a Ngwo (original Enugu) lady to move her business out of Enugu?

Nna, inwere serious complex issues. Any Enugu guy should be ashamed of you.
Who are you even fighting? Look around, you are fighting yourself!
Na wa.  undecided
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by ak47mann(m): 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2011
Jim nwaobodo go and ask him what happen to nkalagu cement,when anambra was mapped out from enugu state,he was the first governor to send none indigence back to their state,and sack all anambra people from nkalagu cement factory,after that the factory didn't last 2yrs enugu state people run it down,their is no way you can compare onitsha and nnewi to enugu state,onitsha alone have more banks than the entire Enugu state,enugu is mostly civil servant.

When you look at anambra state, you will found out that onicha nnewi akwa are mostly ebony and enugu state renting properties from ingenious.Onitsha became an important trading port for the Royal Niger Company in the mid 1850s and it had remain so, onitsha got a lot of self made millionaires in any currency.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2011
Bandit C.

Take am easy oh! The way you respond would make anyone believe you have an angst with Anambra people

Enugu city (not state) is the most developed in SE for obvious reasons
That is where it ends:
There is more money in Abia, Anambra and Imo than in Enugu (speaking of states). There are more literate people in these states too than in Enugu. All the available data (Nigeria is poor in data management, I agree) points to that.

Of all the SE states, only Anambra (Onitsha Awka/Nnewi) and Abia (Aba/Umuahia) have more than one city (city by Nigerian standard of course). Even Imo has only Owerri; the rest are glorified towns. Enugu has only Enugu (Nsukka is a midget). Ebonyi has only Abakaliki. Of course there are smaller towns in all the states like Orlu, Afikpo, Nsukka, Arochukwu, etc

But Anambra is a big disgrace to the SE, given the array of intellect/money it parades. It is a state that should have developed like Lagos. What is the use of the money and the brain if they cannot be put to use?

Let's stop this digression I beg.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by asha80(m): 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2011
ak47mann:

Jim nwaobodo go and ask him what happen to nkalagu cement,when anambra was mapped out from enugu state,he was the first governor to send none indigence back to their state,and sack all anambra people from nkalagu cement factory,after that the factory didn't last 2yrs enugu state people run it down,their is no way you can compare onitsha and nnewi to enugu state,onitsha alone have more banks than the entire Enugu state,enugu is mostly civil servant.

When you look at  anambra state, you will found out that onicha nnewi akwa are mostly ebony and enugu state renting properties from ingenious.Onitsha became an important trading port for the Royal Niger Company in the mid 1850s and it had remain so, onitsha got a lot of self made millionaires in any currency.

ak47man don enter  grin

Nchara:

Bandit C.

Take am easy oh! The way you respond would make anyone believe you have an angst with Anambra people

Enugu city (not state) is the most developed in SE for obvious reasons
That is where it ends:
There is more money in Abia, Anambra and Imo than in Enugu. There are more literate people in these places too than in Enugu. All the available data (Nigeria is poor in data management, I agree) points to that.

i hope you know say na you start this argurement.maybe it is time people think before typing
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2011
asha 80:

i hope you know say na you start this argurement.

How so?
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

So, you are telling an Ngwo (original Enugu)  lady to move her business out of Enugu?

Nna, inwere serious complex issues. Any Enugu guy should be ashamed of you.
Who are you even fighting? Look around, you are fighting yourself!
Na wa.  undecided

So who asked her to build it in Enugu in the first place? Didn't she know that Onitsha was existing before she built it or is their any law stating that one must invest his/her money in her own state? How drastically has the econimic situation in Enugu  changed in the last 30 years that she suddenly realizes that ''na ego adiro na Enugu''? Do not give me that c.rap and you should be the one ashamed of yourself for not asking yourself those questions before mouthing off. Why again should i fight faceless people i meet online.

Enugu is my home and i will live and die for that city so if you think i would sit still and watch all you ignorant people post nonsense about her, you are in for a shock. Oh and my Enugu peeps would be proud of me for holding it down for our city. A city that nurtured and raised us. So diokpa, je zuo ike. I would defend Igbos any day and time against any aggression but do not mess with my city.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
Nchara:

[b]But Anambra is a big disgrace to the SE, given the array of intellect/money it parades. It is a state that should have developed like Lagos. [/b]What is the use of the money and the brain if they cannot be put to use?

I completely agree.  cool
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by ak47mann(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2011
make somebody go slap peter obi, Chris uba and esele enu ego the touts, they are enemy of progress help by monkey OBJ to make sure anambra state remain stagnant cool cool
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

I completely agree.  cool

One problem with Anambra is that most of the intellectuals are outside the state, allowing the less intellectual traders and money bags to hold sway

In contrast, Enugu has a good # of its intellectuals intact but is hamstrung by lack of adequate capital
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by asha80(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2011
Nchara:

How so?

by saying this

Nchara

Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out
« #99 on: Today at 08:17:30 PM »

Enugu is the 4th poorest state in Igboland, yet her people can obviously afford to buy from the MALL (otherwise investors won't invest there). You can imagine when the Govts of Abia, Anambra and Imo-states whose average inhabitants are wealthier than those in Enugu - will wake up to similar strides?

Owerri guys will show true class here

Nchara:

One problem with Anambra is that most of the intellectuals are outside the state, allowing the less intellectual traders and money bags to hold sway

In contrast, Enugu has a good # of its intellectuals intact but is hamstrung by lack of adequate capital

i have noticed that.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2011
Bandit C.:

So who asked her to build it in Enugu in the first place? Didn't she know that Onitsha was existing before she built it or is their any law stating that one must invest his/her money in her own state? How drastically has the econimic situation in Enugu  changed in the last 30 years that she suddenly realizes that ''na ego adiro na Enugu''? Do not give me that c.rap and you should be the one ashamed of yourself for not asking yourself those questions before mouthing off. Why again should i fight faceless people i meet online.

Enugu is my home and i will live and die for that city so if you think i would sit still and watch all you ignorant people post nonsense about her, you are in for a shock. Oh and my Enugu peeps would be proud of me for holding it down for our city. A city that nurtured and raised us. So diokpa, je zuo ike. I would defend Igbos any day and time against any aggression but do not mess with my city.

Nairaland bu chi fo anu ozo! hehe!  undecided  grin

Imagine this man telling me that Enugu is his city as if my people made no contribution to its current status.

Nna, I don't know what school you attended, but please stop disgracing yourself and your so called "school".

Umunna, I hope y'all see part of why Enugu Airport is there, while some are lobbying for an International Airport at Anambra state.  undecided
Is that how we shall get there?

I would use this opportunity to THOROUGHLY chide your type.
You were the first to sack other Igbos when Enugu state was created, and in doing so poisoned Igboland that today Abia state is doing the same.

Shame of you! angry angry

I repeat, any SANE Enugu state citizen should be VERY ashamed of you. Tufiakwa!  cool
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by asha80(m): 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2011
ak47mann:

make somebody go slap peter obi, Chris uba and esele enu ego the touts, they are enemy of progress help by monkey OBJ to make sure anambra state remain stagnant  cool cool

you lucky to have peter obi actually.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
Before I am misconstrued, actually only few Nigerian states (not just the SE) have more than one city. That makes such states (namely Anambra, Abia, Akwa Ibom [Uyo/Ikot Ekpene] and to an extent Delta [Asaba/Warri]) special. Ogbomosho and Oyo towns aren't developed enough to rival Ibadan. Not including Lagos because almost everywhere there is the city (with associated slums).

In the SE, I will prefer to live in Enugu, followed by Owerri, then Umuahia, because I am more of an intellectual (int) than a business man. Aba, Onisha and Nnewi are no go areas for ints before those loud-mouthed eze egos rubbish you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
asha 80:

by saying this

i have noticed that.

Odi kwa mma? See me praising Enugu and you are here accusing me of starting an argument?
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by chino11(m): 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2011
Dis guy must be suffering big time complex. Who are the people calling enugu home, its before 1991 not anymore? Most Anambrans either live in Awka, Onitsha n Nnewi depending on your class. Anambra pple hav shift base to Awka which evident on the modern architecture springing up all over.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
chino11:

Dis guy must be suffering big time complex. Who are the people calling enugu home, its before 1991 not anymore? Most Anambrans either live in Awka, Onitsha n Nnewi depending on your class. Anambra pple hav shift base to Awka which evident on the modern architecture springing up all over.

Easy!! Anambra is an under achiever, still.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by asha80(m): 12:01am On Dec 18, 2011
Nchara:

Odi kwa mma? See me praising Enugu and you are here accusing me of starting an argument?

well banditc does not see it that way hence the argurement.go back to when you made that statement and you will see that that is where the argurement started.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2011
asha 80:

you lucky to have peter obi actually.

I tend to think that Peter Obi is somehow irresponsible; not in managing money o. He is not responsible enough to understand the CURRENT possibilities of Anambra state. He sees himself as this village headmaster making sure that basic things are provided prudently.
A great administrator would still be financially prudent, provide basic infrastructure, and still transform the urban cities of Anambra state.
Also Anambra is yet to develop "happy hour" infrastructure which attract people to want to live there.
I expect a great Anambra governor to ingeniously mobilize private capital to develop new areas.
I think they've started developing the "Anam New City", but it would take a while to attract enough attention.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nebeuwa(m): 12:03am On Dec 18, 2011
Please forgive me for my ignorance, but why are Nairaland posters excited about a mall? Even though I have seen first hands, how malls can have a huge economic impact for vendors within these buildings, I do not understand why there is so much excitement. Maybe I am looking from more of an American lens, in which I take malls for granted, but I do not really see what is the big deal about having a mall in a community.

What economic empowerment will this mall bring to average person who lives in Enugu? I know it will have an economic impact for the international vendors that operate within this mall as well as some of the workers, but what does it mean for the wider scheme of things? The average Nigerian will not be able to shop at these malls. It is nice to see such malls personally as a Diaspora Nigerian who travels back to Nigeria regularly to visit family, but it is not something that is really needed in my opinion. Better roads are something to celebrate and other infrastructure projects.

I have seen many malls built in my location and I do not really see the big deal. To be honest, I do not really shop at malls in the United States, because I see it as having overpriced goods. However, back in my high school (secondary school) days, the mall was considered the nexus for all social gatherings like going to the movies on a Friday or Saturday night, but that is besides the point. I do not mean any offense to anyone who is offended by my statement.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by ak47mann(m): 12:03am On Dec 18, 2011
bandit must be a son of a teacher in enugu state grin their is this jelousy/complex always happen b/w civil servants and self made entrepreneurs  grin grin grin

Any way Enugu NA our sister state cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Being Shot By Herdsmen In Benue (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.