Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,715 members, 7,938,176 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:11 PM

Stroke Therapy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stroke Therapy (635 Views)

Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour / How Can Stroke Be Cured? / Burst And Hip Enlargement Therapy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stroke Therapy by kencivic: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2011
helo house, can u advice me on d best cure for stroke befallen my mother. presently she lost her memory and doesnt talk. does anybosy hav a forever product sugestd by a friend. need help urgently.
Re: Stroke Therapy by sartorius(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2011
Dont mind those forever products people, they lay false claims
Re: Stroke Therapy by cyrusdv(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2011
your mother had a cardiovascular accident which resulted in damage to part of her brain. It is nothing a drug can remedy. But the brain has an interesting capacity to transfer activities under the control of damaged parts to parts in good condition. It is called plasticity. To enable this your mother will need a physiotherapist who in addition will mobilize her constantly such that she doesnt stiffen up before she regains consciousness adequately to participate in the treatment procedure
Re: Stroke Therapy by kencivic: 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2011
You are God sent, please is there a way this could be faster. what can we do. Any better hospital, home or abroad? meanwhile im happy that she will regain the memory, i think say church don dismiss. Please how often do you think the physiotherapist should be visiting her?
Re: Stroke Therapy by cyrusdv(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2011
I presume she must have gone to a hospital in the first place. In which case i may also presume that she has done a CT scan.
If this is okay then really what she will receive will be treatment to stablilize her and help in hastening her recovery. But the recovery in itself will be a function of her body's capacity to resolve the injuries inflicted on her brain.
Any competent physician will refer you to a physiotherapist who frankly, will do no miracles, but will go a long way in helping in the ability of your mother, when she recovers to go back to as much of activities of daily living as possible (two or three treatment sessions a week is minimal. People who can afford it opt for everyday visitation).
Any hospital can take care of your mother pending her regaining consciousness(that is if she really is unconscious). you dont need to go to an expensive one because they will do nothing special, though i admit, their care giving might be of higher quality. In the mean time make sure you dont leave your mother lying only on her back as you are wont to do because in a short time that will lead to pressure sores (quite big and gaping wounds) on her buttocks and back which are very hard to heal. Turn her from one side to the other every four hours, and place a satchet of water under her feet so they dont always touch the bed. Find a dietician who can prepare feeds for her so she can be fed through a nasogastric tube(that is if you cant take her to a hospital where they will definitely do that).
Clean her up regularly to prevent infections (use detol in water). Rub powder on parts where she sweats constantly (still to reduce possibilty of pressure sores which are hastened by sweat)
I also do not think that your mother has lost her memory. Aphasia (inability to vocalize) is normal in left cva. (Is the affected side the right?)
Re: Stroke Therapy by kencivic: 5:47am On Dec 19, 2011
I am relieved sir, im so grateful. the whole team sorrounding her never explained all these. She is in hospital, one week now, is gradually (rarely) recognising people, the doctor suggesting discharging her today, also, she has not started talking, eats normally but light meals. My God will keep and reward you. And I know that same God who I serve cannever dissappoint me.

(1) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of HEALTH Is WEALTH Exposed...... / Can Eyes Be Transplanted? / For Your Unique Health Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.