Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,095 members, 7,949,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:45 PM

If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria (1335 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / Do Religious Centers Have The Power To Change Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by attaboy(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2007
Well we all know its independence today and most of us are filled with criticism abot the state of the country and our Mr president is ruling. but have we ever thought that mayb the Mr president doesnt feel our pain or more like is committe of tink tanks dont know what  to do to change the situations of things. This therefore leads me to ask the question  WHAT WOULD YOU DO? if you were the president of nigeria with respect to each or all the sectors of the economy.That is the agricultural  sector,health sector,financial sector and the rest of the sector
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by almondjoy(f): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2007
I would start by imprisoning 75% of Nigerians--without trial.----No appointments whatsoever for anyone above 60 years of age.  Nigeria is a young country that needs young people not old, illiterate and corrupt dirt bags!

Complete overhaul of the Police force. Security is the key to Nigeria's future. If one cannot gurantee safety to its citizens and tourists---then nothing else is worth working on.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2007
A very clever/relevant thread as people only want to rant/complain and ridicule the very complex problem called Nigeria.
I for one will tax the rich heavily and in turn spread the wealth
I will re-introduce free education with good quality of well paid teachers
Create manufacturing jobs for the masses (This will have to come from inviting well proven international companies to invest and an create necessary jobs for semi-skilled Nigerians)
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by almondjoy(f): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2007
jay bee:

A very clever/relevant thread as people only want to rant/complain and ridicule the very complex problem called Nigeria.
I for one will tax the rich heavily and in turn spread the wealth
I will re-introduce free education with good quality of well paid teachers
Create manufacturing jobs for the masses (This will have to come from inviting well proven international companies to invest and an create necessary jobs for semi-skilled Nigerians)

Do you think all these will work without a reasonable Police force in Nigeria?  The reason Nigeria is heading to the abyss is the absence of law and order in the country.  Nothing will work if laws are not enforceable. undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2007
@almondjoy
Investing in our disgrunted police force to be able to enforce law and order for me is not the immediate solution as Nigeria with the current generation of greedy good for nothing citizens (fraudsters,politicians,etc)cannot be educated nor can they now be told to abide by the rule of law in our Great Nation.
I still the solution lies within grassroot as I call it. Future generation as they need to be educated taugth how to be patriots and most imortantly instilling an undoubted love of our great nation inside them
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by almondjoy(f): 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2007
@jay bee

Your suggestions are good. But in the meantime what do you do to the rogues that keep us in a deficit and make the country uninhabitable to foreign investors other than tbe oil sector? You can educate the grassroots all you want, but if the criminal elements in Nigeria are not dealt with, no amount of education can help. You may increase taxes all you want, but if the "pocketeers" keep stealing the taxes as we have now, we are not going anywhere anytime soon.

My take-investing in education without having a condusive learning environment that provides some degree of safety to citizens is a waste of time as you can see. Not when you tell the "youths" that it is more lucrative to be a "criminal" than to invest time and money in "academics".
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
Your suggestions are good. But in the meantime what do you do to the rogues that keep us in a deficit and make the country uninhabitable to foreign investors other than tbe oil sector? You can educate the grassroots all you want, but if the criminal elements in Nigeria are not dealt with, no amount of education can help. You may increase taxes all you want, but if the "pocketeers" keep stealing the taxes as we have now, we are not going anywhere anytime soon.

We need people like us (young gunz)with life changing ideas to revolt (a major rally round aso rock) that will cripple movement of cars in and out of the villa will surely make the rogues realise ordinary citizens of Nigeria have suffered for long and it's about time to change guards.
Our problem is we Nigerians like to talk the talk rather than walk the walk, we have to stand up and be counted, do what we believe in not what we are told to do (Don't get me wrong i totally support law and order) but we are always very quick to accept our fate and let the rogues determine our future.

We are suppose to be practising democracy now which should enable people to express freedom of speech so making relevant noise alongside taking definite and rigid actions will do us a lot of good.

My take-investing in education without having a conducive learning environment that provides some degree of safety to citizens is a waste of time as you can see. Not when you tell the "youths" that it is more lucrative to be a "criminal" than to invest time and money in "academics".
I still believe in educating the youths, making them understand at an early stage that road to riches is hard work. making them understand that man can attain any heights he set himself to reach as long as he follows the basic humanity principles (love thy neighbour, work hard, honesty, self content). Only un-educated individuals will go and spend over 12 million naira to acquire cars that they can't drive in nigeria because of its roads. only uneducated Nigerians will have over 12 cars because they cannot ride in all of them at once. So many things that education teaches you whilst growing up so that's why i insist of basic education as a mandatory if we want to realise all the vision for Nigeria.

I for one is ready to donate books to my secondary school and if God willing i have enough money in the future, i will have some sort of scheme that will benefit a lot young people in my state. One don't have to be a chief, leader or in politics to help Nigerians develop. We all have to contribute and give back to our community.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by orisa37: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2023
NIGERIA WILL BE THE GREATEST WHEN SHE BOLDLY ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by Akaegwu(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2023
You want us to give your dumb president ideas? No way.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by Ttipsy(f): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2023
I will build a huge wall across northern border

I will ban religion

I will end dollar!! U must use naira

I will immediately build refinery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by Dhury: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2023
I will dissolve national assembly and cancel the 36 states governors system of government and turn it to regional governors system,where one governor will represent each region.the purpose of it is to reduce cost of government on unnecessary representative. By doing so I believe my government will safe more money to empower younth/ pay minimum wage of 100k and improve health sector, education and securities .

3 Likes

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by VinnyBaba: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2023
Thread of 2007 being Resurrected! 😯

AnyWays, I Will call our Lawmakers and Judges to a Conference!
Then Invite Russian KGB SNIPERS/ASSASSINS to same Meeting, 🤨🙂

Then @GUNPOINT, FORCE them to Amend the 1999 Constitution! angry angry

All LAWMAKERS will receive 70k as Salary!
All MINISTERS will receive 60K as Salary!😊😊
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria by Pathfinder2090: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
I go focus on the power sector
If we get 24/7 power supply, e go create employment and reduce crime.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Drivers License / Delirious Lagos - Kaye Whiteman (london Based Businessday Columnist) / Celebrations As Tribunal Sack Benue Speaker, Declares ACN Candidate Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.