Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,387 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:43 PM

Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde (6305 Views)

Okonjo-iweala With IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde (photos) / Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
Gerrard59:

While you have some points,our problem still remains ourselves. A situation where an hausa man doesnt like jonathan,even if jona does good things,because he,jona is an ijaw man. Who will you blame? The west,abi? Na them tell hausa man to kill tivs? Fulani to kill beroms? The problem remains ourselves. If you are a yoruba man,you wont give me work in your company cos am  a ND man,even if am the most qualified. Who caused that one? The west i assume. Go to mobil,the yorubas who control there[and they have no crude] refused to employ an eket man as a gate man,Y? He is eket,rather they employed a yoruba man as a gateman in eket. The west too is @ fault,abi? I hate when pipo put their woes on other pipo heads,when they are @ fault from beginning to the end.
BTW,what stops an african country not to subsides its agricultural sector? Even mexico does the same,so what stops ours? When it will happen,U will hear yoruba,ijaw,ibo,efik people say it would only benefit the north and so it should not happen. Who caused it? The WEST.

I understand where you are coming from, but they- the WEST- laid foundation for the hatred we have for ourselves. They are so skilled at social engineering and divide and conquer. Weren't the Belgians who made Hutu's and Tutsi's to hate each other by devising some sort of ID card to differentiate them; which led to the Rwanda genocide afterward?

Yes, of course, we have problem with tribalism and too stupid to come to terms with ourselves, but they don't want to see us UNITE.

Bob Marley summarized it empathetically with this song:

[b]They don't want to see us unite:
All they want us to do is keep on fussing and fighting.
They don't want to see us live together:
All they want us to do is keep on killing one another.

Top rankin', top rankin':
Are you skankin' (skankin', skankin')?
Wo-ho, top rankin' (top rankin'), 'Ow, did you mean what you say now?
Are you - 'ow are you (rankin', rankin') -
are ya - Lord, Lord, Lord! (skankin', skankin')?

They say the blood runs;
And it runs through our line,
And our hearts, heart of hearts divine, eh!
And John saw them comin', ooh! - a-with the truth
From an ancient time.

The brotherly love (brotherly love), the sisterly love (sisterly love)
I feel this morning; I feel this morning:
Brotherly love (brotherly love), the sisterly love (sisterly love)
I feel this morning, this morning. Hey!

They don't want us to unite:
All they want us to do is keep on fussing and fighting.
They don't want to see us live together;
All they want us to do is keep on killing one another.

Top rankin' (top rankin')!
Did ya mean what you say now (top rankin')?
Top rankin' (top ranking),
Did you (top rankin') mean what you say (top rankin')?
Are you (rankin', rankin)?
Are you (skankin', skankin')?
Top rankin' (top rankin');
Top rankin' (top rankin');
Are you (skankin', skankin')?
'Ow are you (skankin', skankin')? /fadeout/[/b]

Let the WEST stay out of our business. How would you feel if someone were interfering in your marriage or the way to bring up your kids?
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2011
Gerrard59:

While you have some points,our problem still remains ourselves. A situation where an hausa man doesnt like jonathan,even if jona does good things,because he,jona is an ijaw man. Who will you blame? The west,abi? Na them tell hausa man to kill tivs? Fulani to kill beroms? The problem remains ourselves. If you are a yoruba man,you wont give me work in your company cos am  a ND man,even if am the most qualified. Who caused that one? The west i assume. Go to mobil,the yorubas who control there[and they have no crude] refused to employ an eket man as a gate man,Y? He is eket,rather they employed a yoruba man as a gateman in eket. The west too is @ fault,abi? I hate when pipo put their woes on other pipo heads,when they are @ fault from beginning to the end.
BTW,what stops an african country not to subsides its agricultural sector? Even mexico does the same,so what stops ours? When it will happen,U will hear yoruba,ijaw,ibo,efik people say it would only benefit the north and so it should not happen. Who caused it? The WEST.

Well, if you do, they will say you are breaking the rules of World trade organization(WTO). When it comes to Africa, there is always a double standard and hypocrisy on their part.  These things need to stop and can't go on forever. We are not their doormat.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by jennyb2: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
[td]that one will be swelling GEJ's head now, and giving him liver to continue with fuel subsidy removal
[/td] i agree with u. GEJ enjoys foriegn praises more than anyting, makes him tink he is doing the right
tin. GEJ u 4get say no mata hw dem praise u charity begins at home.
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by indoorlove(m): 7:48am On Dec 23, 2011
The best economy is one without western intervention, Libya once have it, but has been forfieted by themself.( the Libyans)
Re: Nigeria Praised By Imf Chief Christine Lagarde by Gerrard59(m): 5:07am On Jan 08, 2012
indoorlove:

The best economy is one without western intervention, Libya once have it, but has been forfieted by themself.( the Libyans)

You mean the same economy that survived on western FDI? B4 you begin to mention china,if not the usa who called them to join the WTO,who for know china? The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians! Nd yet you still use facebook,fly boeing,use i-pad e.t.c. Dos guys have done their best for the world and they need to be appreciated. NO BODY IS PERFECT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Fighting Poverty Step-by-step — FG / Enugu State Intensifies Safety Measures Ahead Of Dry Season / Tinubu Urinates On Himself Again, Cameras Asked To Switch Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.