Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,865 members, 7,889,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye ! (613 Views)

Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye ! by HighChief4(m): 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday urged the church to support his transformation agenda.

He also asked for the backing of Nigerians in his plan to remove fuel subsidy.

The President who spoke yesterday through the Minister of Labour and Productivity,Mr.Emeka Nwogwu at this year’s Holy Ghost Congress at the Redeemed City,Ogun State, said “I am guided by biblical principles of transparency in leadership. Government is pursuing the agenda of regaining government trust in the eyes of the people through his security agenda to foster unity and peace".

Jonathan pleaded with the General Overseer GO of the Redeemed Christain Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye to pray for him and thanked the church and the GO for their support during the April presidential election which he won.
He said his victory was made possible through the prayers of Adeboye.

Nwogwu said the president won't let Nigeria and Nigerians down as he takes every decision with them in mind.
"A new thing has happened in Nigeria because your brother and friend, the president shares your vision,”the minister said.

Adeboye gave the theme for the first 2012 Holy Ghost Service in January,: 'A New Alter to the Lord'.
He prayed for the countryand expressed optimism that Nigeria would be better and “experience a new dawn.”
A total of 30 babies: 15 boys and 15 girls were born during the one week convention.

Dignitaries at the service included the wives of the Ogun State governor, Mrs Olufunso Amosun;that of Lagos State, Dame Abimbola Fashola; and deputy governor of Lagos State,Mrs Adejoke Adefulire-Orelope, who implored religious leaders to keep praying for leaders.
Also present were delegates from different parts of the world.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/30168-pray-for-me-jonathan-begs-adeboye.html
Re: Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye ! by Lasinoh: 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2011
Dunnyooo jessss lovvvvit when Ogboni-Okija-Ikankah Christians can't find their own mouths to pray for themselves?
I just loooovit!
"Pray for me"!

I YAMMU PRAYING FOR YOU SIR. . . BY THE POWER OF JAROOOOZ!
Mu he he he he he he he grin
Re: Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye ! by utelee: 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
mr president is asking 4 prayer 4 him self while Boko Haram is bombing d whole nation. Ha ha ha
Re: Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye ! by jason123: 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
That is humility! Very nice GEJ!
Re: Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye ! by HighChief4(m): 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2011
Nothing wrong in seeking the face of God, but prayers without work is rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Let This Subsidy Go! / Tinubu Attacks Jonathan / Nlc Asks Government To Revert To N65/liter; Queries Jonathan On Failed Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.