Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 (2080 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Nerc:new Electricity Tarrif Takes Effect January 1. / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 20, 2011
TUESDAY, 20 DECEMBER 2011 00:00

FROM SAXONE AKHAINE (KADUNA), MUYIWA ADEYEMI (ADO-EKITI), GORDI UDEAJAH (UMUAHIA), JOE ADIORHO, WOLE OYEBADE (LAGOS), ABIODUN FAGBEMI (ILORIN), COLLINS OLAYINKA AND EZEOCHA NZEH (ABUJA) NEWS - NATIONAL

‘How Jonathan cajoled govs to support policy ’

NBA to lead protest, Saraki denies bribery allegation
CONTRARY to the widely held belief that the deregulation of the oil industry will begin on January 1, 2012, The Guardian can report that the take-off date is April 1, 2012 when the current budget would have come to an end.

The hint was dropped yesterday in Abuja by the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) , Austin Oniwon, at the 2008 and 2009 Yearly General Meeting of the Pipeline and Products Marketing Company (NNPC).

The NNPC helmsman, who decried queues for fuel in some parts of the country, said deregulation was not expected to take off on January 1, 2012. His words: “I think what people should really look out for is that in the 2012 budgetary proposal, there is no provision for subsidy. And if there is no provision for subsidy, it will be illegal for government to implement subsidy.

We believe that when the implementation of the budget takes off, deregulation would then take off with it.” The lifespan of the current budget is expected to terminate on March 31, 2012 while the new 2012 budget will begin on April 1, 2012. Besides, an insight has been given into how President Goodluck Jonathan allegedly arm-twisted state governors to support the planned removal of subsidy from petroleum products.

Also, the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has expressed its readiness to lead a protest against the policy. Yesterday too, the former governor of Kwara State, Senator Bukola Saraki, denied allegations of bribery against members of the National Assembly over the oil subsidy. According to Saraki at the marking of his 49th birthday yesterday in Ilorin, “there is nothing like bribing the National Assembly to support withdrawal of fuel subsidy.

The President cannot do that. It is a baseless allegation. The Senate and the House of Representatives have spoken, looking at the management of fuel subsidy, we cannot be doing that if we have been bribed.” Speaking with journalists at the weekend in Isan- Ekiti, Oye Local Council of Ekiti State, the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Dr. Adewale Omirin, revealed how state governors were cowed into supporting the controversial subsidy removal. According to him, “the governors never supported it (subsidy removal).

What my governor (Dr. Kayode Fayemi) told me was that they (governors) never supported subsidy removal. What the President actually did was that he said he would be deducting the subsidy from their federal allocation but the governors kicked. “He (Jonathan) now persuaded them and added what is deducted from the excess crude oil and he said they should go out and say they are in support of subsidy removal.”

When reminded that Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State spoke on behalf of governors in the South-West in support of the subsidy removal while briefing journalists after the National Executive Council meeting in Abuja, the Speaker said: “I am not aware of that and I don’t think my governor can tell lies.”

The Speaker berated the Federal Government for allocating N922 billion to security, because, according to him, “we are not experiencing any serious insecurity in the country.” He said there was no need removing subsidy on petroleum products, describing President Jonathan’s insistence as inhuman in the face of the economic hardship Nigerians were passing through. Omirin said the Conference of Speakers was yet to take a position on the proposal but added that there was no justification for importing fuel into the country since Nigeria is one of the largest producers of petroleum products in the world. He added: “We are producing this oil and I believe we should refine in this country.

There is no reason why we should import fuel in the first instance. Since we are producing, the oil should be refined here and give to Nigerians to use. So, there is no reason for putting subsidy on oil.” He said that the removal of the subsidy was being put in place for the benefit of a few Nigerians at the expense of the majority. “I believe it is very unfair and President Jonathan should reconsider his plan,” he added.

The NBA President, Chief Joseph Bodunrin Daudu (SAN) , said that the members of the association would resist any attempt to remove fuel subsidy. The NBA President who was flanked by other officials of the association at a press conference, held at the Kaduna Secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) yesterday, said that “throughout the Olusegun Obasanjo administration and up to the close of Musa Yar’Adua administration, subsidy did not exceed N300 billion, ” pointing out that “how it has now shot up to N1.3 trillion or thereabout remains a matter for serious inquiry without corresponding increase in the supply of PMS.”

Daudu, who faulted the argument of the subsidy removal, explained that “the point that only a few moguls benefited from the existence of subsidy is no argument for its removal as what would be gained from the removal will be transferred to the coffers of the federal and state governments.” According to him, if the removal of subsidy is allowed, the government whose record of funds management in the economy has been a suspect “will as usual deal with those fresh funds in the same way and manner as previous funds have been dealt with.” Daudu said:

“The moguls will continue to thrive as the funds gained by politicians in government are merely transferred to be borne by hapless Nigerians. Government appears adamant in the quest to remove this subsidy. The people are equally resolved in their opposition to the removal of subsidy. Nigeria is up for rough times ahead.

“The time has come for final determination whether those in government derive their powers from the people or whether they are independent and own their stay in power to other entities other than the people. We foresee a victory and liberation for the people of Nigeria, while those pushing for deregulation in the present form will depart with more than bloody nose.”

The NBA leader further argued that “for the avoidance of doubt, the NBA position on the proposed deregulation or removal of subsidy is … the NBA will not support at this point in time the removal of petroleum subsidy, which is said to amount to N1.3 trillion.” The South/East South/South Professionals of Nigeria (SESSP) President, Emeka Ugwu-Oju, also said in Lagos yesterday that the parties involved in the fuel removal controversy needed unbiased positions from trusted and non-partisan professional groups to assist in their decision- making process.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 20, 2011
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 20, 2011
whether now or in the future, we care less. what we are crying for is that things be put in place so that the already impoverished national citizens wouldn't go down completely as a result of harsh economic conditions.

if the cabals are indeed milking the nation, cant they be cubbed and probably replaced?

or less than 50 marketers are too big to be checked and sanctioned by the government?

GEJ's argument is just not reasonable.

call the cabals to order by ensuring adequate checks and balances, commence construction of refineries by Jan/Feb 2012,

by march 2012, let there be improved electricity supply and adequate security etc.

Then we may begin to talk about deregulation.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Dec 20, 2011
Why wait till April? I say they stick to the January 1st date. 

The President has more than made it clear that he has no intentions of tackling the corruption problem that plagues the program, so I see no need for the suffering to be postponed. Since he claims the pains will be temporary ( Fuel subsidy removal will only bring temporary pains - Jonathan) then I would rather we get it started now, and be done with the pains soonest grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why wait till April? I say they stick to the January 1st date. 

The President has more than made it clear that he has no intentions of tackling the corruption problem that plagues the program, so I see no need for the suffering to be postponed. Since he claims the pains will be temporary ( Fuel subsidy removal will only bring temporary pains - Jonathan) then I would rather we get it started now, and be done with the pains soonest grin grin grin grin grin.

I dont think it was postponed cos the 2011/2012 budget started sometime in April this year just before the election and a fiscal year should be measured as 12 calender months just as in football when the European leagues commences in August/September and runs till May/June of the next year.

We Nigerians are always too hasty, hence we thought the program was to be effective 1st January 2012. The 2011 Budget terminates on March 31st and the proposed budget the president read to the NASS will start to run
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2011
Well, I was never informed that the date of implementation of the policy (fuel subsidy removal) was synced with the new year's budget start date. I never read that anywhere until now, so I am skeptical, and would rather look forward to the January 2012 deadline set for it's implementation.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2011
To be candid, our politicians are criminals. Who knows if GEJ hadn't plan to start the implementation on Jan 1st 2012 in the first instance?

We can say that probably its cos of pple kicking against the damn thing that led to a policy twist. dont u think so?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by gregg2: 9:43am On Dec 20, 2011
That Ekiti state speaker is a big lier.

The governors instead persuaded GEJ
(not the other way round) to remove subsidy so as to enable them impliment
the 18% minimum wage. Matters played into their hands with the comming on board of
Okonjo Iweala whose economic leanings does not support fuel subsidy too.

He's here spewing rubbish lies. . . . my governor told me. . .  my governor told me.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Gbawe: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2011
toba:

whether now or in the future, we care less. what we are crying for is that  things be put in place so that the already impoverished national citizens wouldn't go down completely as a result of harsh economic conditions.

if the cabals are indeed milking the nation, cant they be cubbed and probably replaced?

or less than 50 marketers are too big to be checked and sanctioned by the government?

GEJ's argument is just not reasonable.

call the cabals to order by ensuring adequate checks and balances, commence construction of refineries by Jan/Feb 2012,

by march 2012, let there be improved electricity supply and adequate security etc.

Then we may begin to talk about deregulation.

This is the crux of the matter. Nigerians, whether they know it or not, inadvertently played themselves. They gave in to sentiments and bigotry by voting in a man we could all see was passionately endorsed by all those who profit from how Nigeria does not work. Why are we surprised GEJ cannot take them on directly even as his office makes him far more powerful than these individuals? Instead Nigerians have to suffer because GEJ is far too compromised and weak to ever do what is right.

Nairalanders should note that , despite the noise of GEJ's fans here, the right President , not compromised by coming to power through the efforts of all the AGIPs in Nigeria, will now not be having a problem doing the right thing today. The right President will not tell us "leaner Government not possible". The right President will not chase tenure elongation as an utmost priority. The right President will not hand over our refineries to the NNPC while making no urgent attempt to liberalise the process that will see more refineries built ASAP to get us where we must go. The right President , regarding how a few corner the wealth of the nation, must be of socio-capitalist bent to the extent the likes of Otedola and Dangote must, at best, be kept at arms lenght instead of being elevated to positions where they give advise on economic policies !!!!!!

What is obvious is that GEJ is not the right President for Nigeria. He is a huge mistake and many who voted him in now regret it deeply.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Mesico2(m): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2011
All hail Gbawe, you've said it all bro,
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by otokx(m): 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2011
why postpone the evil day? bring it on
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kx: 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
Is govt giving the masses and labour more time to fine tune supposed protest rallies?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by warrior01: 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2011
No matter how they gather with their hypocritical protest, I bet you it shall come to nought. Is the so called labour not part of the problems we are facing in this country? Is pengassan and nupeng that have been corroborating with the so called cabals to milk this country dry not part of them? The fact is that we are too hypocritical in this country with the way we carry out our selective condemnation of any idea that comes from the Fg no matter how laudable it is without even proferring any reasonable alternative.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2011
warrior01:

No matter how they gather with their hypocritical protest, I bet you it shall come to nought. Is the so called labour not part of the problems we are facing in this country? Is pengassan and nupeng that have been corroborating with the so called cabals to milk this country dry not part of them? The fact is that we are too hypocritical in this country with the way we carry out our selective condemnation of any idea that comes from the Fg no matter how laudable it is without even proferring any reasonable alternative. 

Thank you, the hypocrites screaming at the top of their voices are just full of bitterness . the cabals they claim holding Jona to ransome has the OANDO ( Tinubu henchman) with the largest chunk of the free subsidy cash

If the Cabal is at blame then can we not say that the hypocrites who only bark when it 's not the ACN are also part of the blame. Because Tinubu is also part of the Cabal in OANDO.

Talk about double forked tongued individuals.

Companies named by the Senate and the amount of money they received this year alone included; Oando Nigeria Plc, N228.506billion; Integrated Oil and Gas Plc, N30billion; MRS, 224.818 billion; A.A. Rano, N1.14 billion; A-Z Petroleum, N18.61 billion; A.S.B, N3.16 billion; Arcon Plc, N24.116 billion; African Petroleum, N104.58 billion; Aminu Resources, N2.3 billion; Capital Oil, N22.4 billion; Con Oil, N37.96 billion; Avante Guard, N1.14 billion; Avido, N3.64 billion; Boffas and Company, N3.67 billion; and Brilla Energy, N960.3 million.

Did Wale Tinubu also steamroll Jona election
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
The right president was not Jona, neither was it Ribadu or Buhari.

The right president with brains was Pat Utomi and i wonder why you pitched your tent among one of the trio

or can the mentioned trio stand Pat Utomi breath for breath in substance .
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by jmaine: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2011
Here we go all over again . . . unnecessary vibe jabbing . . . waiting for the usual crew of hallelujah here and critic there for same similar sin, to land . .then we shall interact
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rad1cal:

Thank you, the hypocrites screaming at the top of their voices are just full of bitterness . the cabals they claim holding Jona to ransome has the OANDO ( Tinubu henchman) with the largest chunk of the free subsidy cash

If the Cabal is at blame then can we not say that the hypocrites who only bark when it 's not the ACN are also part of the blame. Because Tinubu is also part of the Cabal in OANDO.
Talk about double forked tongued individuals.

What the heck is wrong with you all? So if ACN is also involved, people should not protest this either? What is with you people? yes, many are sycophants and not much else, but should that then be reason why the protests of the people should be ignored?

What Cabal is holding Jonathan to ransome? The same 'Cabal' whose will(according to unsubstantiated stories we were told) he circumvented to become president in 2010? Or are we referring to the 'Cabal'(we were also told there was another cabal in that case too) he was able to stymie to run for election in 2011 with not even a single hair off him? The 'cabal' that he almost blamed for the opposition to his '6-year-term' plan(Unfortunately his timing for that one failed him as the Nigerian people still had the election deaths one their minds then). What 'Cabal' is against him now? The Law Makers voting against the bill, citing the hardship it will bring the Nigerian people if implemented? Really? Or is the 'Cabal' the 50 0r so Oil barrons we have whom he has refused from day one of this to even touch?

When do we get tired of playing into their delusions, and demand no more lies be told us, both by ACN leaders and PDP leaders . . .  infact all of them? Why is it that when a leader runs into trouble, he creates an OJUJU for the Nigerian people to fixate on, while he continues in the back to do use the fears to bolster his plan?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

When do we get tired of playing into their delusions, and demand no more lies be told us, both by ACN leaders and PDP leaders . . .  infact all of them? Why is it that when a leader runs into trouble, he creates an OJUJU for the Nigerian people to fixate on, while he continues in the back to do use the fears to bolster his plan?

The only sensible thing i could lay my hands on. Tell that to the hypocrites, selective criticism should not be the norm. As long as they remain sympathetic to certain parties, RAd1cal would keep reminding them of not being impartial
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rad1cal:

The only sensible thing i could lay my hands on. Tell that to the hypocrites, selective criticism should not be the norm. As long as they remain sympathetic to certain parties, RAd1cal would keep reminding them of not  being impartial

I am sorry but I cannot do that. It seems you pretend you are not sympathetic to any party yet here you are condemning Nigerians from speaking out on this very issue, or what did you think your post there speaks on?

People have a right to protest issues. yes, it is sad that we have sycophants among us. Telling them to shut up will not make the problems go away though. We ought to encourage our people to protest all that their tiny brains can allow them to. grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but I cannot do that. You see, you thinking that the other is right because some sycophant chooses the other side is also a PROBLEM. . . you are just as much of the problem as the other side is. I am sitting here watching the back and forth and wondering when folks will snap out of this delusion that the other Party PDP/ACN is at fault, when we the Nigerian people continue to get the short end of the stick, no matter what side you sycophants decide on.

You pretend you are not sympathetic to any party yet here you are condemning Nigerians from speaking out on this very issue, or what did you did the post you agreed with there had to say on that? Sure there are hypocrites on both sides but as long as we continue to side step common sense when we feel like it, we will keep the circle going.

Am sorry, you cannot change me now, so sit aside and watch. All selective criticism shall be checked. If you can answer my question below, then you need not quote me again

Rad1cal:

The right president was not Jona, neither was it Ribadu or Buhari.

The right president with brains was Pat Utomi and i wonder why you pitched your tent among one of the trio

or can the mentioned trio stand Pat Utomi breath for breath in substance .

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2011
^^^ You did not ask any question. You made an assertion, a baseless one for that matter. Ain't it a bit too late to whine about who the right president ought to have been? I mean the deed is done . .  we have voted and the president has been sworn in. High-time you move on from that and accept what is.

I am not against checking selective criticism, I am however against shutting people up, not allowing them protest because they are hypocrites. Even hypocrites are covered under democracy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ You did not ask any question. You made an assertion, a baseless one for that matter. Ain't it a bit too late to whine about who the right president ought to have been? I mean the deed is done . .  we have voted and the president has been sworn in. High-time you move on from that and accept what is.

Tell that to the rest who constantly whine of how people are regretting why they voted for bla bla bla. their bla bla bla candidates were never quality, so why trying to tell us that candidate bla bla is not good enough . .

Selective criticism must be stopped .
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rad1cal:

Tell that to the rest who constantly whine of how people are regretting why they voted for bla bla bla. their bla bla bla candidates were never quality, so why trying to tell us that candidate bla bla is not good enough . .

Selective criticism must be stopped .

Why would I need to tell them that? Of course it is possible to REGRET voting one particular person. What is Selective criticism in that? They voted for the current man and now they regret doing that. Why do you have a problem with them regretting their vote for him? Why do you think it is not Ok for them to now state that they probably should not have voted for him?

Selective Criticism must be stopped? You mean you have the power to stop people from choosing to live as hypocrites?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why would I need to tell them that? Of course it is possible to REGRET voting one particular person. What is Selective criticism in that? They voted for the current man and now they regret doing that. Why do you have a problem with them regretting their vote for him? Why do you think it is not Ok for them to now state that they probably should not have voted for him?

Selective Criticism must be stopped? You mean you have the power to stop people from choosing to live as hypocrites?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who voted for the current man ? . reading your post proves you jumped in without knowing my course of direction

If you are ignorant of where i was going, then it would be foolish of you to give me directions

go through the thread again and repost
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rad1cal:

Who voted for the current man ?  . reading your post proves you jumped in without knowing my course of direction

If you are ignorant of where i was going, then it would be foolish of you to give me directions

go through the thread again and repost

I can't go back through since we are still on the first page. People voted and people regret .  . .  there has been a couple of articles in the papers by people stating they regretted voting the current man into power. Those who state that people now regret are not speaking of what we are unaware of. So again, I have no clue where you are heading with this but you probably want to go back through your own posts to see that I have tried to keep up with you on this.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I can't go back through since we are still on the first page. People voted and people regret .  . .  there has been a couple of articles in the papers by people stating they regretted voting the current man into power. Those who state that people now regret are not speaking of what we are unaware of. So again, I have no clue where you are heading with this but you probably want to go back through your own posts to see that I have tried to keep up with you on this.

The highlighted sound silly. okay to make myself clearer, read the entire thread, read the post i quoted, read my posts, read your replies to my post and kindly re-post. jumping in the middle of nowhere is a very sad thing to do .
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2011
^^ are you playing games or what? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided The very post of yours I responded to was in fact YOUR FIRST POST on this thread.

What exactly is it that you think I am missing since the @Poster you responded to was probably trying to attack people for SELECTIVELY ATTACKING policies . . . and as one of those who is attacking this policy, I felt to direct my response at that, people's right to, unfortunately, selectively attack politicians. lol
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Rad1cal: 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^ are you playing games or what? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided The very post of yours I responded to was in fact YOUR FIRST POST on this thread.

What exactly is it that you think I am missing since the @Poster you responded to was probably trying to attack people for SELECTIVELY ATTACKING policies . . . and as one of those who is attacking this policy, I felt to direct my response at that, people's right to, unfortunately, selectively attack politicians. lol

Finally she rediscovers, sure my first post you quoted was not referring to you. but you went in with a two footed tackle which had ramblings written all over.

Just as we were winding down the curtain, you took us back to square one with this

Kobojunkie:

And i asked you who voted for who ? As i was wondering how an ACN see no evil- hear no evil avid supporter regretted voting Jona in the context of the selective criticism i meant .

Your erroneous thinking of being addressed made you lunge into an assault without analyzing what you quoted in the context of previous replies

Questioning your understanding was on point

Next time, kindly understand what you chose to attack
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by sartorius(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
Subsidy removal is inevitable for sustainable growth.after reviewing the budget I really appreciate the depth of the economic team led by madam mimister, I love the focus on agriculture vis--vis increased duty on rice and wheat, and cassava as a driving force, we really need to triple nonoil exports, we ve the capacity. However before implementation funds saved should not be disbursed to state and lgas cos that's double jeopardy, lga in 9ja are cash cows for state goverments and d level of corruption there is septic. We need okonjo to work on merging as promised and cuttin expenditure by MDAs, we don't need 42 ministers or ministries hundreds of sa ssa.so before subsidy comes into play because of the painful outcome on the short term, we must must ask for goverment to tighten their belt befor they ask us same
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2011
Rad1cal:

Finally she rediscovers, sure my first post you quoted was not referring to you. but you went in with a two footed tackle which had ramblings written all over.

Just as we were winding down the curtain, you took us back to square one with this

And i asked you who voted for who ? As i was wondering how an ACN see no evil- hear no evil avid supporter regretted voting Jona in the context of the selective criticism i meant .

Your erroneous thinking of being addressed made you lunge into an assault without analyzing what you quoted in the context of previous replies

Questioning your understanding was on point

Next time, kindly understand what you chose to attack

OK
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
sartorius:

Subsidy removal is inevitable for sustainable growth.after reviewing the budget I really appreciate the depth of the economic team led by madam mimister, I love the focus on agriculture vis-�-vis increased duty on rice and wheat, and cassava as a driving force, we really need to triple nonoil exports, we ve the capacity. However before implementation funds saved should not be disbursed to state and lgas cos that's double jeopardy, lga in 9ja are cash cows for state goverments and d level of corruption there is septic. We need okonjo to work on merging as promised and cuttin expenditure by MDAs, we don't need 42 ministers or ministries hundreds of sa ssa.so before subsidy comes into play because of the painful outcome on the short term, we must must ask for goverment to tighten their belt befor they ask us same

I think you should take a look at this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-827815.0.html
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Takes Effect April 1 2012 by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 21, 2011
sartorius:

Subsidy removal is inevitable for sustainable growth.after reviewing the budget I really appreciate the depth of the economic team led by madam mimister, I love the focus on agriculture vis-�-vis increased duty on rice and wheat, and cassava as a driving force, we really need to triple nonoil exports, we ve the capacity. However before implementation funds saved should not be disbursed to state and lgas cos that's double jeopardy, lga in 9ja are cash cows for state goverments and d level of corruption there is septic. We need okonjo to work on merging as promised and cuttin expenditure by MDAs, we don't need 42 ministers or ministries hundreds of sa ssa.so before subsidy comes into play because of the painful outcome on the short term, we must must ask for goverment to tighten their belt befor they ask us same
i dont think there's any country in the world that doesnt subsidize one thing or the other to help the citizens. l really dont know why there's so much big deal in Nigeria.

How are we sure that these theives actually spent N1.3t on subsidy as claimed? in the last 20 years and even when internation price of a barrel of crude rose up to over $140, we never spent more than N700b. why is GEJ claiming that in just 10 months they've spent over N1.3t ?

we need to ask questions

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Nasarawa: Soldiers Kill Ombatse Leader, Arrest Others. / President Goodluck Inspects The 'completed Map' Of 2nd Niger Brigde. (pics) / Buhari's Trip To London Raises Fresh Concerns Over His Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.