Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,983 members, 7,915,869 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:37 AM

Nigeria In Serious Trouble - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria In Serious Trouble (565 Views)

***OMG!*** Neymar In Serious Trouble. / Iran In Trouble For Fielding Men In A Female football Competition(photo) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria In Serious Trouble by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 20, 2011
This is not to dump down on my beloved country(where else will i call home) but we are really in serious trouble when it comes to football
Coaches aside, we simply do not have any more talents out there and the ones that manage to have 10% talent(mikel and co))thinks the nation owes them a right to wear the green white green
I remember back in the days when players would be invited to the SE camps and even though they might come late to camp,you could not doubt the talent in those boys,a yekini would come to the camp 2 hrs before kick off(hypothetically) and he will come start or come in as a sub and still manage to find a goal or work a goal for his mates like wise amotaxi,finidi,oliseh and co
was watching highlights of old euro champs league and saw finidi in the days with ajax,kanu with ajax and arsenal,oliseh with juve,bor Dortmund and ajax,jayjay with fernabache,gentle giant okechukwu with fernabache, and it simply occurred to me that we just don't have the talent any more. don't know if its laziness on the part of the coaches to truly search or laziness on the part of the players to adapt to more training aimed at making them better is just big-head-ism.
I am not trying to be little our players or coaches but as much as I deride the NFF,for as long as i can remember,they have always been inept but the team has always been successful,so what is the problem?I would sincerely like to be educated

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Risks Fifa Ban Over Court Rulling Against Nff / Shooting Stars Axe Coach Festus Allen / Fa Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.