Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,641 members, 7,889,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:59 PM

Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder (3311 Views)

Neat Nigerian Used Registered 2004 Pathfinder For Sale 850K / Clean/regd 2004 Pathfinder @ N1.1m / In Need Of A 2001 - 2004 Pathfinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by sugardaddy1(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2011
ABS, VDC Off, SLIP, & 4WD lights all on

Vehicle is Pathfinder 04

Brake fluid full and no leakages, Brake pads okay, ABS sensors intact. Light goes off when vehicle is parked overnight and re-appear after driving about 100 meters.

Slip flashed for about 10 seconds yesterday, slowing down vehicle from 100km/h to about 30km/h before stability was restored.

Brakes make squeaky noise when vehicle is in 4WD mode, but as soon as all lights (ABS, VDC Off, SLIP, & 4WD) come on and the 4WD is disabled, vehicle and motion seem normal but then all the lights stay on and this is really a serious source of concern.

Any advise pls?
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
Most likely a speed (abs) sensor but you will require a proper diagnosis to confirm.
If you are in Lagos, give me a call and set up a weekend appointment.
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by sugardaddy1(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2011
nissparts:

Most likely a speed (abs) sensor but you will require a proper diagnosis to confirm.
If you are in Lagos, give me a call and set up a weekend appointment.
Thanks for your response. I'm far away from Lagos at the moment on holidays, I actually inspected the sensors in a pit yesterday and had the vehicle's under flushed of any mud residue that may be interfering with the speed readings. However, it was after the flushing that I experienced the sudden slowing down from 100km/h to about 30km/h during test-drive though everything has returned back to normal again with all the lights still on.
Apart from being physically connected to the hub, how else can one determine the working state of the speed sensors?
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
There could be a break in the wiring.
Do you have a faulty shock absorber. If you do, check the sensor on that arm first.
Did they take each sensor out and clean? That's the proper way and not just flushing the hubs.

The most important thing however is to have the car scanned for codes first
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by sugardaddy1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
nissparts:

There could be a break in the wiring.
Do you have a faulty shock absorber. If you do, check the sensor on that arm first.
Did they take each sensor out and clean? That's the proper way and not just flushing the hubs.

The most important thing however is to have the car scanned for codes first
No faulty shock absorber. They haven't taken the sensors out for cleaning yet, will do that tomorrow since flushing the hubs didn't yield any desired result. Will scan for error codes thereafter if problem persists and keep you posted.
Thanks a lot for your help so far.
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by sugardaddy1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
Just left a mechanic workshop now where diagnostics detected right front wheel sensor problem, captured as sensor RH02 on the device. That happened to be the only problem with the car as the system returned error 1/1. I have booked an appointment to have it checked tomorrow morning, will keep you posted on the outcome. Thanks.
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2011
Excellent!
Just as i thought.
Glad you have direction on where to check now
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by sugardaddy1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2011
Finally back from the mechanic, sensor found intact but dirty, was cleaned and re-installed, font brake pads were changed as well even though they had done just about 50%.  Lights are still on but I'm told system would reset after a few kilometers of driving. I'm still test-driving while keeping fingers crossed. Thanks
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
Yes it should reset if all is now well
Re: Abs, Vdc Off, Slip, & 4wd Lights All On : 2004 Pathfinder by sugardaddy1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
I pray everything turns out well now, will keep you updated. Thanks a lot for your guide.

(1) (Reply)

Price slash 750k Tokunbo 2005 Peugeot 307 , / Super Clean Toks Mpv 02 Fulloption 08061311315 08028612026 / 2008 Land Rover LR3 Bought Brand New From Coscharis!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.