Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:10 AM

Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery (5479 Views)

EFCC Uncovers Another N3bn Stolen Arms Deal!!! / I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode / Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by humblebee: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
supoade:

Vice President Muhammad Namadi Sambo plans to spend N1.7 billion on trips in 2012 and N1.3 billion on office stationeries, Daily Trust findings reveal.

The office of the vice president, according to the 2012 budget estimates, would spend N1, 674, 811, 793 on local and foreign travels.

The documents revealed that the State House would spend N723 million on the number two citizen’s local travels and transports and another N951 million on his international travels and transports.

Of the N18.35 billion budgeted for the State House, Sambo would spend another N1.3 billion on office stationeries. The estimates indicate that the vice president’s office would gulp N343 million on computer consumables; N12 million on books; N45 million on newspapers; N9 million on magazines and periodicals.

Also, the vice president is planning to spend N314 million on drugs and medical supplies; N477 million on foodstuff and catering material supplies; N121 million on printing of non-security documents; N11 million on teaching aids and instructional materials.

Similarly, the State House would expend N2.4 billion for the maintenance services at the vice president’s office. Of this amount budgeted for maintenance, N382 million is for vehicles; N53 million for office furniture; N1.7 billion for office building and residential quarters; N137 million for office IT equipment; N15 million on plants and generators and N133 on maintenance services.

The same budget estimates also indicate that President Goodluck Jonathan and his deputy will together enjoy N1 billion worth of food and general catering services in 2012.

According to the budget details, the cost of purchasing foodstuffs, catering supplies, kitchen equipment for the president and his vice, and their offices, will cost the nation N992.57 million.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150607:sambo-to-spend-n3bn-on-trips-stationery&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

shame on Jonathan, even if the constitution accrues this to you, if truly he's a honest man. he's in the capacity not only reject it but also correct this anomalies !!! smh
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Okijajuju1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
And so what?!

Once more, its the office of the Presidency, money is being spent. The Presidents office need constant light, and I'm also sure you dont expect them to travel public transport or use Chisco buses.

Why dont you spend time figuring out the real source of your problems rather than d'ick-riding Jonathan and Sambo.  angry
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by omoajiri(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
E ma gba mi! Na every year these guys dey change office furniture,kitchen equipments & vehicles. Even those stuffs made in Aba will last years how much more of the ones dem go import from abroad!
Ds 1 na for sambo's office,GEJ's office na 2wce of ds e go b.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by mbulela: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
Big Meat:

this is getting ridiculous by the minute if the information is true.

how can N45m be spent on newspapers (that's 123k everyday) and how much does a daily newspaper cost?, N9m on magazines & periodicals.

i guess these people don't even read.

so sad that this level of waste is still going on in the government
if he and his staff spend all day reading these newspapers and magazines, when do they get to do real work?
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Funkymallam(m): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Thnk God for freedom of information (FOI) bill, hw we been wan knw all these ones nah? embarassed
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2011
I no talk am b4 - the federal govt is singlehandedly supporting industries that should be dead.

in this day and age when papers are all migrating /going online, our 'facebook' prez is squandering resources on hardcopy journals

nuff said

meanwhile i thought obj no dey read paper?
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Godmann(m): 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

And so what?!

Once more, its the office of the Presidency, money is being spent. The Presidents office need constant light, and I'm also sure you dont expect them to travel public transport or use Chisco buses.

Why dont you spend time figuring out the real source of your problems rather than d'ick-riding Jonathan and Sambo.  angry

For your information, the American and British economies are thousands of time bigger than that of Nigeria. Their people are better off; yet their high ranking public officials take public transport. Minister go to work on train in Britain. One was even questioned for forgetting a file in a train.

Biden, Obama's vice president was transporting himself to and from the senate from his state when he was a senator (and he did that for years and was a senior senator at that).

So why won't political office holders take public transports? Are they Gods? Why will they steal enough money? Why can't political office holders be like ordinary civil servants as it is in advanced countries.

Find out how rich Obama is? I am not sure he owns a house anywhere in US. Yet he is much more powerful and sensible that your lunatics called leaders in Aso Rock

The problem we have is that most of our people like you, are yet to understand how things work. The colonialist gave us a very wrong system of government. What we have here is not government but bloody impostors that must be done away with. It is a creation of the colonialist: government that is run like 'god', which is not accountable to anybody
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2011
9jafreak:

[size=24pt]Unfortunately the light at the end of this tunnel is the train coming to run us down.[/size]
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by icez: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
naija. grin grin grin
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by mail4gift2(m): 3:31am On Dec 23, 2011
I think 9ija is ripe for a

Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Nadanbata: 3:42am On Dec 23, 2011
lmaooo.

Fresh airrrrr.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by EagleNest(m): 5:46am On Dec 23, 2011
What a waste!!! Executive extravagance at the expense of tax payers. No conscience!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 23, 2011
EagleNest:

What a waste!!! Executive extravagance at the expense of tax payers. No conscience!

nigerians and their penchant for borrowing foreign slang. grin How many of you pay any tax?
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by 1025: 10:17am On Dec 23, 2011
it is no longer news that we are practising the most expensive democracy in the world.
imagine a senator yarima that does not know what laws are earning more than obama.
joanthan and sambo will eat cassava bread and other locally manufactured foods with N1b.
they want to remove fuel subsidy just to get enough money to waste.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by UyiIredia(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2011
News like these raise my curiosity to see what the proposed 2012 is like. What I've seen thus far is fraud on the part of government.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by charlsecy4(m): 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2011
The vice president is planning to
spend N314 million on drugs and
medical supplies come 2012.

My question is; what type of illness is our Number 2 Citizen planning to develop?

If he had headache, is it not the same Paracetamol that I take that he would take?
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Dimlaw: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2011
My Prayer, The God Of Elijah Should Just Come and Refine This Country Called Nigeria, We Do Not have Leaders.

Simple
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by ab1x: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2011
Imagine !!
This country is moving in the wrong direction.
We need revolution otherwise I foresee that this country will cease to exist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? / Budget Padding: Police To Comb Appropriation Office For Vital Documents / Wike: Ugwuanyi Is A Good Man, One Of The Shinning Lights Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.