Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,007 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:32 PM

2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March (5351 Views)

FG To Begin Payment Of Salaries By 25th Of Every Month – AGF / Jonathan Made Me The Richest Man In Africa And 25th In The World - Dangote / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Hotstepper(f): 4:08am On Mar 20, 2006
@demmy, because they need to go to people's houses one by one to count tongue unlike Canada where they already have datebase of people because of your Social Insurance Number so it makes it easier to count but they have other ways because some families must have added more people or even new immigrants,
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 20, 2006
census or no census, my boss says i have to come to work on tues to thursday angry i am really scarced, because i dont want to be caught by law enforcement agents on the street besides a farmer, what does he know about census? r people goin to be counted in their offices or what? sayin people shd go to wk, Na wa i think d next president shd read Political Science.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by chy(f): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2006
Ah im happy 4 the hols at least one rest for a week
that is outside a leave period
well lets see whether the 5 days or so will give them
time to count all humanbeings including animals
still our economics status will rmain the same
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by cletuskpelle(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2006
Na wa for some Governors. Five whole days at home? doing what? What of private businesses who have borrowed large sums of moneys from banks and pay huge interest on daily basis. There are too many holidays in this country. Let's follow Baba's directives of Friday and Saturday.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by jessica20(f): 11:06am On Mar 20, 2006
Census is indeed very good for the development of the country but i guess not a country like 9jar(nigeria) cos the previous one did not yield any good impact in economic devept of our country,there is still a lot of unemployed ppl moving around the street,a lot of bad road and lack of infrastructure,

they said there shuld be no movement for for 5days for easy calculation but that is rubbish cos at the end of the day,they will still inflate it to suit they plans,so they better release ppl to go out for they normal business.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by cletuskpelle(m): 11:24am On Mar 20, 2006
I think all the Governors already know the figures they intend to declare as the population of their various States. They will try to outdo themselves with figures. Don't be surprised to see some states in parts of the country declaring figures higher than Lagos state or even twice as much. Just watch out, you will see astronomical and unbelievable figures coming out from certain states. However they will want us to believe such figures. Census or no census, nothing will. Because the officials are never honest with anything that intends to bring out the good of this country called Nigeria.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2006
this is another method of chopping money, its going to be a huge failure. Already they have started changing the allowances of the enumerators sparking off demonstrations at different locations across nigeria.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Alexos(m): 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2006
Infact this is an avenue for the gorvernment to start making billions.

Can you imagine the Lagos State government saying he wants nothing less than 15 millions people, that anything less, he will not accept. What can you call that

They have actually neglected the fact that most people survive ona daily basis. How then do u want them to cope for 5 whole days without doing anything. Its ridiculous.
To worsen matter, anyone caught outside within the time if the census will have to pay a fine of (N5,000.00) i think.

I just hope at least they pay their workers complete, because the Govt. are used to not paying this kind of workers complete.

GOD HELP NIGERIA. AMEN. [/b][b]
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by vichel(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2006
I think we should give the government a chance, lets see what they can do this time, i have a feeling they would live up to the hype.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Mariory(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2006
Update!

Truck loads of Northeners seen leaving Lagos heading to the North to be counted. This will mean lagos will recieve less money. And these same people will come back after the census and put pressure on infastructure that Lagos cannot afford to upgrade to support their numbers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/headline/f120032006.html

sad
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Seun(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2006
This phenomenom is not compatible with the idea that people are actually not being counted in this exercise. The fact that the northerners are doing all this suggests that the census won't be manipulated by their leaders.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by tflow2(m): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2006
SOMEBODY HELP ME BEG MY MANAGER cry, HE INSIST WE ALL COME TO WORK THROUGH OUT THE CENSUS DAYS undecided, THE MAN DEY KOLO, BUT I CAN'T LOOSE MY JOB FOR NIGERIA, SINCE OBJ WON'T GIVE ME ANOTHER ONE ABI
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by vichel(m): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2006
My broda i feel ur pain, just take am easy ehh
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Badman888(m): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2006
Cant they count you at your office
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by vichel(m): 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2006
That is a very good question. Did the government ever think of the possibility of that?
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Seun(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2006
The holiday is only on Friday and Saturday, so your boss is absolutely right.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by dip: 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2006
i don't care about what they say. if am in school, i would love it because i will be out of school for at least on friday
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2006
i just heard LAGOS will be shut down throughout the census. how sad? i though TINUBU should have known better. Here in Port Harcourt its business as usual except for friday and saturday.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2006
the students of the federal government colleges in port harcourt have been sent home. driving through port harcourt from rumokoro to rumokuta down till rumuola; traffic is unusually light except for the lane leading out of the city. Garrison also had some heavy traffic. Queues for fuel can be noticed and it appears a lot of people are going to their ROOTS.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by bebe6(f): 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ jessica20

Welcome to Nairaland!

Just wanted to pass on some information that will be helpful to you:

[url]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html

[/url]

hope this comes out right
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by leighcon(m): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2006
Ladies and Gentlemen, I had to laugh for some hours before deciding to contribute, but haba naija people am just begging you stay at home and be counted( Oh you think am that patriotic) noooo,  I just feel for government, they've spent a lot and I think we should at least spend part of the misapproriated tax payers money by being counted.(I've not said am going to stay at home oo)

Bicycles,Okada,speed boats and other mobility items and sorry some brand new Hilux have been bought(see u the ones for COJA are no more now) So we had to buy all these things, pay people, repaint the NPC office, Organise a flambouyant show in ABJ, Pay exorbitant prices for those adverts(of course we made adverts u either didn't have light or you can't afford newspapers) and you still don't want to be counted, you think it is like the $214 million ID card Project noo that one died because the minister in charge died, NPC chairman is not dieing(he no dey board local airline talkless of crashing) so the project will live.

Hmmn People you think am complying myself, I am self employed and goverment won't feed me for those days, infact I prefer not to be counted so government need not make plans for me, already I provide my own water, electricity, drainages to my house and all that are done without goverment intervention so I don't think I need further plans from them, Security nko (Police koo Police nii) I just brough in Garba from sokoto to take care of that.

Meanwhile if this people jam me for road I'll subject myself to enumeration provided I won't be delayed. Otherwise anybody who attempts to arrest me is also contravening the stay at home order. Uncle Sege did not even tell us the penalty. May be detention in Otta till we actualise our 2007 agenda, I beg till another day
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by leighcon(m): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2006
Sorry the above message was not meant for boys alone, it was suppose to be for both abi na all gender(if a third type really exist anyway) Seun do justice by adjusting the first line to read people before them crucify me sha
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by stephanie7(f): 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2006
i cant believe what i am reading. in Ireland we all just get a letter to fill to declare how many people live in the household and we return it by a certain date and thats that
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Badman888(m): 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2006
We cant compare Nigeria like any other country, if they think like that they wont progress with the census.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by larger20(m): 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2006
@stephanie,u better start beliving it. If u do the scotish thing in nigeria., no one will fill the forms,
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Badman888(m): 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2006
how many would even receive the form and of course they are not going to count everybody for sure in the country.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2006
today was like any other day, went to the work, went to the bank, went to the airport and then ended up at home. I did not see any enumerator. its like i have or will be counted in absentia.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by vichel(m): 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2006
@ leighcon, i actually enjoyed ur post, its very interesting. U can modify ur post, and change the word boys to GUYZ, G.U.Y, or guyz. its gonna work ok wink
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by janetx(f): 5:54am On Mar 22, 2006
if u ask me, estimating is all they are goin to do . they do not have a "head count pattern" and wat are they goin to use it for? its not like they r goin to distribute some kind of incentive to the people. obj has somthing on his mind, i mean the money they alotted for this is most likely goin to some individuals pocket . its just their way of waisting the nations money. it is said that " when the gods want to kill a person they first make them mad" it is obvious that obj is losin his mind, so watch out.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2006
overnight the rivers state government has changed their mind and declared a 12midnight to 5pm no movement beginning thursday. they now claim that the census Act does not allow people to be counted in their offices so everyone should stay at home. A lot of trained enumerators have suddenly disappeared after collecting their transport allowance forcing 2000 untrained people to be recruited. There was some misunderstanding between the enumerators and some market people who claimed they were from biafra which resulted in the enumerators making a quick dash for their dear lives. Meanwhile money made available by the state government to the local authorities to provide food and refreshments for the enumerators; i hear it was N20 million naira per local government has disappeared so the enumerators are now refugees moving about living on the goodwill of the nigerians they are meant to count.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by TYPOP(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2006
Osun also declared no movt till 4pm overnight. What is this nation turning to when they don't even have a plan of using the figures. If u had been counted u will know what I mean. The lady that counted me could not even see what whe wrote down not to talk of the computer. I tire o!
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by toshmann(m): 2:05am On Mar 24, 2006
guys,nobody counted me here o. abi i no be naijan again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Tanker Explosion Kills 70 (Anambra) / Is Goodluck Jonathan Bribing PDP Delegates With FG Funds? / Boko Haram Rejects Sheriff, Yuguda, Goje’s Apologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.