Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,619 members, 7,908,571 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:04 AM

My Dressing As A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Dressing As A Muslim (875 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dressing As A Muslim by Scash(f): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2011
Normally, sans religion, your dressing should depict who you are and how wish to be addressed.
   Dressing moderately is the starting point, but how about dressing the way we ought to as muslims?
   Its not one easy task, wearing an hijab that covers your curves. But a Muslim should always think and remember what wasput down for us to do.
How do we move ahead, how do we follow the sunnah of the prophet, please Allah and also be contented? If theres anybody that is vast with the use of her hijab, kindly post how you were able to transform from the head opening type to the body covering type
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by deols(f): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2011
Hmmmn, thanks for this thread. I like it so much.

Dressing the right way(with the perfect hijab) should not be compromised because it is a commandment. Allah says in the Qur'an-

. . .draw their headcovers over their necks and bosoms and not reveal their adornment . .(read more suratunnur,24 vs 31)

'O Prophet, Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their outer garments about themselves (when they go out). That is better so that they may be recognised and not molested. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.' [Al-Ahzaab, 33:59]

Scash:
Normally, sans religion, your dressing should depict who you are and how wish to be addressed. Dressing moderately is the starting point, but how about dressing the way we ought to as muslims? Its not one easy task, wearing an hijab that covers your curves. But a Muslim should always think and remember what wasput down for us to do. How do we move ahead, how do we follow the sunnah of the prophet, please Allah and also be contented? If theres anybody that is vast with the use of her hijab, kindly post how you were able to transform from the head opening type to the body covering type

I av bn wearn hijab from childhood So wearing it is just normal.At that time,My hijab was the one that matched my clothing and the size did not matter. I didnt really understand what the perfect Hijab is like until after my secondary education.

transforming, I understand isnt very easy but I wont be talking of how easy that was for me but generally on what I think are factors to it.

Faith- your eiman goes a long way. Understanding that what u'r doing is for Allah alone and that the reward is from Him is one big step. You dont however wait until the Eiman grows(how does one even measure that). In that case, sow your hijab even if you cant wear it yet and you'd be surprised. .

self esteem- this goes a long way. many pple are not wearing it only because of what their friends might say or because they think they may not fit into some societies or just because they think they'd be less attractive. I bet whoever ca not take you for whom you are is not deserving of your association. undecided

Family/society
- the family plays a role. If u av parents and siblings who respect your choice and support your decision, it would be a smooth ride cool

knowledge
- some distractors would come up, like d NL ones. they'll tell you the hikab is arab culture But with your knowledge of Islam and understanding of the description of the hijab, nothing might shake your resolve. wink

friends- If u are with righteous pple, they'll lift you up when u tend to be falling short of it. these are your sisters in faith, encouraging u further. cool

Am still hoping to be better though. May Allah help us all smiley
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2011
think theres a thread on this already
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by deols(f): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2011
^^ the posts were deleted.
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2011
i thought as much. i was the first to respond and scash agreed with my views.

was just wondering if we have autocratic supermod now cos the new gentleman Jarus wouldnt go deleting posts.
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
Nice one deols, m just seeing this thread.
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2011
like i posited earlier.

its ur inward xter that will take u to heaven and not ur appearance. looks are deceptive. even though i support moderation but then it doesnt mean that u should now be coering ur entire body as if u are enslaved.

dress smart, Behind up moderately. wear jeans if u have to and then llok good.
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by deols(f): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
^^ what is ur own. op asked fellow Muslims to mention their experiences and am sure u'r aware Islam has a guideline to this. So, ur opinion doesnt count
Re: My Dressing As A Muslim by deols(f): 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2011
thanks Bhus, so wats gonna be happening now

(1) (Reply)

Nasfat Youthwing Thread / Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari / Are You This Kind Of Muslim? Then You Have A Message.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.