Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,617 members, 7,941,367 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

Gideon Orkar 20 Years On/ Nigeria Has 3 Years Left, Hook Or Crook. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gideon Orkar 20 Years On/ Nigeria Has 3 Years Left, Hook Or Crook. (745 Views)

Major Gideon Orkar Coup Speech In April 1990.has Anything Changed Since Then? / Today In History: Major Gideon Orkar's Coup. 21 Years After. / Major Gideon Orkar`s Coup Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gideon Orkar 20 Years On/ Nigeria Has 3 Years Left, Hook Or Crook. by iskoki(m): 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2011
They say the truth can never be secret forever, no matter how long you try to hide it. GIDEON ORKAR' legacy lives on why ? Because no matter how drug inspired his coup speech might have sounded, he had a clear vision of what many of us foresaw; that is, the entity called Nigeria was living on borrowed time.

It's a pity that the parents of many of the people dying today were the same people who celebrated after the coup was quashed, they wanted Nigeria to remain one indivisible entity. I wonder what they're thinking now as they see children in whom they invested millions in training being killed by people who would have been foreigners to us today.

My consolation as i look to the future is the inevitable breakup of this entity in 3 years time. Believe me when i say this break up is inevitable. Already the signs are showing in every socio economic sphere of our daily lives. How we see things on an ethnic. basis has never been more divergent.

The parting of this country would have been a more painless process back in Orkars era. Now it will have to be done the good old fashioned way. Through the barrels of a Shot gun.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Must Stand Up Against The Horrific Attacks Against Christians In Nigeria / Shocking Discovery Made On Ndlea! / After Fuel Subsidy, Will Gej Make Shell A Scapegoat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.