Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,354 members, 7,940,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:23 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1711123 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2276) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
You're just mad your king got swept twice. You'll get used to it.

Better getting swept than being the first team in NBA history to blow a 3-1 lead. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:25pm On May 05, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Better getting swept than being the first team in NBA history to blow a 3-1 lead. cheesy
Still Swept, Twice! grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:38pm On May 05, 2019
aliondo:

I know Curry is your favorite player but please all these excuses and numbers do not count....Steph does not look interested in this post season.....You bringing in Jamal Murray says it all....

If you cannot read, it is hopeless quoting me. I don't know where you saw anyone making excuses.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:43pm On May 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:

I do agree with most of your points. Let me say this. By his MVP standard, he has not performed better than KD this post season if everyone keeps looking at the score board however, he doesn't need to if we're winning. It's not a competition of who is better on this team which is where this argument might end up at. Our boy can definitely be sharper than this. You'd agree with me that has needs to be sharp. Klay, Draymond, Iggy are playing their hearts out there every night. He needs to be sharp. This is coming from someone who doesn't care if KD gets the finals MVP. Cos he definitely didn't do it alone. grin
grin grin

I was here even before the game ended saying based on what people said on Reddit that he should wake up. Everyone just likes to give awful takes which is the line I will not tow. If KD has a bad game, "he is not happy he wants to leave". If Steph has one, " he is a fraud, being carried by KD" that is the only argument I am dispelling here.

It is like they feel like if they say KD is better it upsets us, this is even when na me and you dey talk since say this KD was not going anywhere and that he is the best player on the team. He is my man but he does not need to be my favorite to be my man. That is what people don't get.

But when I started seeing he has been short 1 all playoffs long, I was like huh, how did 1 game against Clippers and 3 games against Rockets become "all playoffs long"?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:00pm On May 05, 2019
Roland17:

Your deduction from the logic about Curry's "impact" is massively flawed. This is because I stated clearly that Curry had impacts in game 1/2 and after game 2 the series was tied and that means the Warriors lost game 1, yet Curry was deemed impactful in my books. Your interpretation of my logic to mean impact only matters with a win is dead on arrival. So there goes that buries that argument about impact and loss. For the records, I hope you are not comparing Curry's influence to KD's this postseason?

If he had an impact in games 1 and 2 so how has he been short 1 all postseason? That is what you said that I aimed to correct. Nobody is arguing about the Houston series. In fact the only reason we are discussing his performance again is because we lost. Had GSW won yesterday, people will be here praising KD and what not.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:02pm On May 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
True!!! His mind is just not on court. For a 2 time MVP to be playing like this in this series. Eruditor, you need to watch yesterday's game. The 17pt is misleading. I'm not judging him by one game but we all like our Stephen Curry sharp. He'll definitely come around and I can't wait.

By half time, I already said people said he was playing garbage. I guess people just want to pretend like they like KD more than us that he plays for and at the same time wishing he will leave so their own teams will stand a chance. It is just so funny.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Still Swept, Twice! grin

LOL! Plenty of teams have been swept before. Some even in the first round. Yet theres only one team wretched enough to blow a 3-1 finals lead. Funny enough they are also the best regular season team of all time. Embarrassing! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:32pm On May 05, 2019
Eruditor:

If he had an impact in games 1 and 2 so how has he been short 1 all postseason? That is what you said that I aimed to correct. Nobody is arguing about the Houston series. In fact the only reason we are discussing his performance again is because we lost. Had GSW won yesterday, people will be here praising KD and what not.

False once again. Curry's performance is not being highlighted because of last night's loss because folks, including Warriors fans and personal friends who have been watching without bias, will tell you he has been very poor and underwhelming for a while now. Even on this thread, handles, including Warriors fans have been critical of Curry's performance since the Clippers series.

Let's be clear on one thing, even if the only thing we agree on, win or lose, everyone acknowledges KD has been the best player spotting the yellow jersey for the Warriors thus far in the postseason. Buttressing points to remotely make that case for him will be disrespectful to the "Slim Reaper".

Curry had good games in 1 and 2 against the Clippers, what happened during the other 4 games in the series? Are we now saying 2/6 is an acceptable standard for a player of Curry's class? Well, since we are not speaking of the Rockets series, is that not the entire postseason?

Don't make this argument read like I am against Curry when in fact, I am a fan but not afraid to call him out when he goes missing. The regular season Curry needs to show up this year because I enjoy watching his effort, grit, and courage on the ball.

At least we have clarified my logic about Impact is not dependent on wins and losses.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:42pm On May 05, 2019
Roland17:

False once again. Curry's performance is not being highlighted because of last night's loss because folks, including Warriors fans and personal friends who have been watching without bias, will tell you he has been very poor and underwhelming for a while now. Even on this thread, handles, including Warriors fans have been critical of Curry's performance since the Clippers series.

Let's be clear on one thing, even if the only thing we agree on, win or lose, everyone acknowledges KD has been the best player spotting the yellow jersey for the Warriors thus far in the postseason. Buttressing points to remotely make that case for him will be disrespectful to the "Slim Reaper".

Curry had good games in 1 and 2 against the Clippers, what happened during the other 4 games in the series? Are we now saying 2/6 is an acceptable standard for a player of Curry's class? Well, since we are not speaking of the Rockets series, is that not the entire postseason?

Don't make this argument read like I am against Curry when in fact, I am a fan but not afraid to call him out when he goes missing. The regular season Curry needs to show up this year because I enjoy watching his effort, grit, and courage on the ball.

At least we have clarified my logic about Impact is not dependent on wins and losses.

You are sidestepping your own argument. You started by saying he has been short 1 all post season. Now you have backtracked to say not all post season but in the last 7 games. That is the first bone of contention out of the way.

Next you say he was only impactful in games 1&2 of the clippers. That is not true. His only bad game against the Clippers was the game he had 12pts. The other games he even had better efficiency than KD but was limited by foul troubles. These are the arguments I have made.

I don't know how you don't see that it upturns logic to say a player who averaged 24 on 50%/50%/94% was being carried
or is underwhelming just because someone else averaged 35ppg. That will mean, you feel like he has to average 30+ppg to not be underwhelming. Which is why I brought up Kyrie, Murray and the likes whose numbers are worse than that.

I have not once come here to say Curry is doing well against Rockets not once. In fact, I said I don't expect him to be shooting this badly (this was even before the game 3 clunker). So I am not excusing him at all. I am only challenging the notion that;

1. He has been bad all playoffs long
2. And is being carried.

Finish.

Takes nothing away from KD who we all know is the best player in basketball. I am sure I even argued when someone wanted to claim it was Giannis or Harden.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:49pm On May 05, 2019
Eruditor:

If you cannot read, it is hopeless quoting me. I don't know where you saw anyone making excuses.

Yh..I know I can't read but just see all the long arguments you're giving for Curry...he is simply not in these playoffs..simple and short...maybe try watching your last few games...I won't agree he is being carried but by his standards, he has been bad all playoffs..

The thing is that you not getting our points...its not only that he is having bad games but he is not making efforts to try...there is something fundamentally wrong..that last shot yesterday sums it up all....Klay was not having a good outing yesterday but nobody is criticising him here cos he was still making efforts at least in defence and steals..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:56pm On May 05, 2019
KarnThornheart:

LOL! Plenty of teams have been swept before. Some even in the first round. Yet theres only one team wretched enough to blow a 3-1 finals lead. Funny enough they are also the best regular season team of all time. Embarrassing! cheesy
Still Swept though. Twice in the finals. Shame!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:04pm On May 05, 2019
chic2pimp:

Ofcourse Lebron will be held to a higher standard. That's a No Brainer. Lebron is a Top 3 player of all time whilst Steph is not even Top 15 yet.

grin grin grin grin grin
Btw check the Chef's playoff stats and get back to me. The narrative that says He never performs come playoffs is false.
Oh, Curry is now top 15? I thought he was heir to the throne just a few moments ago.

And show us the stats, we'd love to see it
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 05, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Still Swept though. Twice in the finals. Shame!

cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:11pm On May 05, 2019
Eruditor:

You are sidestepping your own argument. You started by saying he has been short 1 all post season. Now you have backtracked to say not all post season but in the last 7 games. That is the first bone of contention out of the way.

Next you say he was only impactful in games 1&2 of the clippers. That is not true. His only bad game against the Clippers was the game he had 12pts. The other games he even had better efficiency than KD but was limited by foul troubles. These are the arguments I have made.

I don't know how you don't see that it upturns logic to say a player who averaged 24 on 50%/50%/94% was being carried
or is underwhelming just because someone else averaged 35ppg. That will mean, you feel like he has to average 30+ppg to not be underwhelming. Which is why I brought up Kyrie, Murray and the likes whose numbers are worse than that.

I have not once come here to say Curry is doing well against Rockets not once. In fact, I said I don't expect him to be shooting this badly (this was even before the game 3 clunker). So I am not excusing him at all. I am only challenging the notion that;

1. He has been bad all playoffs long
2. And is being carried.

Finish.

Takes nothing away from KD who we all know is the best player in basketball. I am sure I even argued when someone wanted to claim it was Giannis of Harden.
The past 7 games is virtually the whole of post season, ain't it?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:15pm On May 05, 2019
Roland17:

My brother, I have not missed a single second of this NBA post season and that includes Warriors games.

I would have taken up your debate but I can see you already have your Chef hat and lenses on, consequently, it would be impossible to help you see other wise.
Wow, you watched all the first round games, both in the east and west?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:47pm On May 05, 2019
aliondo:

Yh..I know I can't read but just see all the long arguments you're giving for Curry...he is simply not in these playoffs..simple and short...maybe try watching your last few games...I won't agree he is being carried but by his standards, he has been bad all playoffs..

The thing is that you not getting our points...its not only that he is having bad games but he is not making efforts to try...there is something fundamentally wrong..that last shot yesterday sums it up all....Klay was not having a good outing yesterday but nobody is criticising him here cos he was still making efforts at least in defence and steals..

Bring one argument I made for him.

There is a difference between using numbers to say someone has not been short one ALL post season, and agreeing that he has been bad against Houston. Those two arguments are not the same. Curry was bad yesterday. But going as far saying he has been bad all post season is a lie.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:50pm On May 05, 2019
steady986:

The past 7 games is virtually the whole of post season, ain't it?

A 39pt game, a 29 pt game, 3 24pt games on 50%/50%/94% and 68% TS. Efficiency Lebron has never experienced in his life.

Swerve.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:00pm On May 05, 2019
Eruditor:

Bring one argument I made for him.

There is a difference between using numbers to say someone has not been short one ALL post season, and agreeing that he has been bad against Houston. Those two arguments are not the same. Curry was bad yesterday. But going as far saying he has been bad all post season is a lie.

I challenge you to watch the next game....till then...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:01pm On May 05, 2019
KarnThornheart:

cheesy
Still Swept!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:01pm On May 05, 2019
aliondo:

I challenge you to watch the next game....till then...

I will.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:46pm On May 05, 2019
Embiid is forming a human wall in this series. Blocked Ibakas life twice now
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 05, 2019
Eruditor:

A 39pt game, a 29 pt game, 3 24pt games on 50%/50%/94% and 68% TS. Efficiency Lebron has never experienced in his life.

Swerve.

Do yourself a favour and stop comparing curry to lebron. You should be more worried about the fact that since he got contacts hes turned into a bonafide scrub!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:06pm On May 05, 2019
The Claw saw the double coming but he already had better ideas before the double arrived.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:19pm On May 05, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Do yourself a favour and stop comparing curry to lebron. You should be more worried about the fact that since he got contacts hes turned into a bonafide scrub!

At least, my guy is not making any excuses. I know some people who were dapping their kids and doing push ups with a hand but then, as soon as they got swept, wore a cast and released a story that they were hurt all through.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:23pm On May 05, 2019
The Claw is playing at an insane level this playoffs. That series just began. I am waiting for skip on monday, his best center got 11 points tonight. Can't they ever hold a discussion without "if". I would probably put Kawhi up there at the "best player in the world category" with KD, the guy is fucking efficient too. Meanwhile, what the hell is happening to my favourite player, Curry, this post season, "se won ro efo fun ni". I rebuke every Baketball god, that is sitting on Curry's matter. Eruditor, the thing dey pain me no be small. As A40, will say , our guy is doing nothing more than putting out "poverty numbers", by his standards. On a more serious note i am beginning to think, size and length generally does matter in the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 05, 2019
Eruditor:

At least, my guy is not making any excuses. I know some people who were dapping their kids and doing push ups with a hand but then, as soon as they got swept, wore a cast and released a story that they were hurt all through.

Why would he need an excuse? Thing is his hand was visibly swollen, story confirmed by multiple sources too. Cast or no cast no one was blaming him. I swear you people pretend as if this picture doesn't exist, you lot are shameless.

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:07am On May 06, 2019
benji93:
The Claw is playing at an insane level this playoffs. That series just began. I am waiting for skip on monday, his best center got 11 points tonight. Can't they ever hold a discussion without "if". I would probably put Kawhi up there at the "best player in the world category" with KD, the guy is fucking efficient too. Meanwhile, what the hell is happening to my favourite player, Curry, this post season, "se won ro efo fun ni". I rebuke every Baketball god, that is sitting on Curry's matter. Eruditor, the thing dey pain me no be small. As A40, will say , our guy is doing nothing more than putting out "poverty numbers", by his standards. On a more serious note i am beginning to think, size and length generally does matter in the playoffs.

Everything you have said is meaningful. Curry dey always get games like this here and there. I can never doubt him. He will respond. As bad as we played yesterday, na 5pts in OT we lose by. Imagine how it will be when we actually play well.

Size does matter in the playoffs etc, and I don't complain about the physicality of the games except that they call a lot of ticky tacky fouls on Curry. I am not referring to yesterday but that is the case. He has been playing like he is out of rhythm.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:09am On May 06, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Why would he need an excuse? Thing is his hand was visibly swollen, story confirmed by multiple sources too. Cast or no cast no one was blaming him. I swear you people pretend as if this picture doesn't exist, you lot are shameless.

I won't engage you if you use words like shameless to respond. Lebron's hand is not worse than Curry's evident dislocation or ankle injury. But one felt it right to protect reputation and control narrative. The other has taken it in his stride. Spot the difference.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:19am On May 06, 2019
Well on the fouls, we know the referees won't make those calls, they are someohow contributing to keeping him out of rythm. the guy gets bumped a lot when he drives. it's a crime to be smallish(hehehe), perhaps the referees assume he falls because he is smallish. I hope he responds in kind, on tuesday morning.
Eruditor:

Everything you have said is meaningful. Curry dey always get games like this here and there. I can never doubt him. He will respond. As bad as we played yesterday, na 5pts in OT we lose by. Imagine how it will be when we actually play well.

Size does matter in the playoffs etc, and I don't complain about the physicality of the games except that they call a lot of ticky tacky fouls on Curry. I am not referring to yesterday but that is the case. He has been playing like he is out of rhythm.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:22am On May 06, 2019
Eruditor:

I won't engage you if you use words like shameless to respond. Lebron's hand is not worse than Curry's evident dislocation or ankle injury. But one felt it right to protect reputation and control narrative. The other has taken it in his stride. Spot the difference.

LMAO! I have been waiting for this, you never disappoint. He only wore the cast because the story had already been leaked. But imagine comparing losing to 4 all stars after dropping 50 on their bum heads to being a consistent scrub on your own team. Wardell whether he accepts it or not is playing like a bum! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:26am On May 06, 2019
benji93:

LMAO! Another one? Seems this thread actually is a Warrior fan thread. SMH Shameless the lot of you!
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:46am On May 06, 2019
Man, what's the problem with supporting Golden State, are we not allowed to associate with success any longer. I have always loved small guys doing great things in the game of big guys. And you call GSW fans shameless for what?
KarnThornheart:

LMAO! Another one? Seems this thread actually is a Warrior fan thread. SMH Shameless the lot of you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2276) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.