Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,109 members, 7,910,012 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 05:17 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1692348 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (2269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
will007:
@SmooshChn, I hope you're safe in china, considering this outbreak of Corona virus.

Continue to stay safe boss
I've been back to motherland since the 1st of this year. I'm safe. Thanks man. Hope you're safe too? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
I think it's fair to say Khash Money is currently showing us why the Bucks decided to fork out such a huge amount for His services. He really is earning His wages this season. All He has to do now is maintain this Level of performance come the playoffs.

I was really looking to Kobe and Lebron conducting a joint interview together a few years from now when Bron would have hung up His sneakers. The banter between those two would have been Epic.....Daaaang!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Victor Oladipo returns tonight
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lol the Wizards are the worst defense in NBA history. Can't even put too much stock in that 50 piece
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:22am On Jan 30, 2020
A40:
Lol the Wizards are the worst defense in NBA history. Can't even put too much stock in that 50 piece

It's not just about the points He put up, It's also How efficiently He put up those points. The Split for that game was something like 60/60/100. Absolutely ridiculous. Also His split for this season alone are currently 50/43/90. I have been a huge critic of His in the past and If He shrinks in the Playoffs again, I'll be back on His case but abeg let's get credit to whom it's due.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
"The media always tried to put us against Kobe but what they don't know was we were doing our best to be respected by Kobe, and be on his level" - Lebron to D. Wade.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by ZooOga: 1:10am On Jan 31, 2020
Edrice Femi "Bam" Adebayo of the Miami Heat voted to participate in the 2020 NBA All-Star game

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:26am On Jan 31, 2020
I am in the process of drafting a strongly worded letter to Adam Silver about the just released All Star reserves. This is totally unacceptable! angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:02am On Jan 31, 2020
Roland17:
I am in the process of drafting a strongly worded letter to Adam Silver about the just released All Star reserves. This is totally unacceptable! angry angry

Who did you want on it, that was not there?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:05am On Jan 31, 2020
Khanben:

Who did you want on it, that was not there?

JBBBB!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:08am On Jan 31, 2020
I just need G. Hayward to remain healthy. He has been terrific since he returned!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:22am On Jan 31, 2020
Roland17:

JBBBB!!!!!!

There is no way the Celtics are getting 3 guys in the all-star games with the 5th best record in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2020
Roland17:
grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:18am On Jan 31, 2020
How is Bradley Beal not an All Star? Trae and Beal are quite similar..Great Offense, shitty defence. Not saying Beal is better but Trae made it as a starter and the difference between the two isn't that Big. Surely Beal should have made it as a reserve No? Then again looking at the list I'm left wondering which player you'd replace Him with.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
chic2pimp:
How is Bradley Beal not an All Star? Trae and Beal are quite similar..Great Offense, shitty defence. Not saying Beal is better but Trae made it as a starter and the difference between the two isn't that Big. Surely Beal should have made it as a reserve No? Then again looking at the list I'm left wondering which player you'd replace Him with.
It can't be just about the gross numbers of wins and losses. How many games has Trae Young also won? I think the coaches are sending a horrible message to players, that if you want to be loyal and go through the tough times in your organization, you're not going to be an All-Star in those tough times.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
I finally summoned the willpower to write about Kobe.

https://candidbasketball.home.blog/2020/01/31/farewell-kobe/

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2020
And again lespeech tried to make the tribute all about him. Who is he to promise a chip? In the night they should have won, he was missing in action.
#RIP24 WELOVEYOU
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:44am On Feb 01, 2020
Damn

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
yomi96:
And again lespeech tried to make the tribute all about him. Who is he to promise a chip? In the night they should have won, he was missing in action.
#RIP24 WELOVEYOU
man please, don't start. We take God beg you. People mourn differently. Let the man grieve how he can. Na beg we beg

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
Doc Rivers too said the best way to honour Kobe was to the win the chip, so if it will drive him to win the chip, good luck to him. It may even turn those inconsistent players in their team into different animals.� That's alright. Every team in the Nba is allowed to do so, although it will be laughable for some. They are in a position to win a chip so that statement is acceptable. Giannis can come out and say the same, so can Kawhi. To everyone are their sources of inspiration at any given moment in time. If the Lakers win the chip, it will momentous and moreso, it will be tied to the memory of Kobe. Wouldn't you want that for the man you claim to love?
yomi96:
#RIP24 WELOVEYOU
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
I don't even want to imagine how Vanessa and the kids would be feeling if me with no real ties is feeling like this 5 days later

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
A40:
I don't even want to imagine how Vanessa and the kids would be feeling if me with no real ties is feeling like this 5 days later
i will be laughing, working, joking, doing something and I will randomly remember that Kobe is no more. It happens like every 30 minutes bro. I have been distraught.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
donlittle25:
i will be laughing, working, joking, doing something and I will randomly remember that Kobe is no more. It happens like every 30 minutes bro. I have been distraught.
You go on Wikipedia and see the Bio. "Kobe was an" and then the kids that died with him. Knowing his daughter was also there makes it so difficult to stomach
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v371h_VytjI

When a Retired Michael Jordan Demolished an Arrogant Bulls Rookie!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 3:50am On Feb 02, 2020
A40:

I have been avoiding ESPN and US Sports TV as much as i can (very difficult in Super Bowl week). Turned on the TV to watch Madrid derby and they were mourning Kobe there as well. I just put off the TV.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
Horus:

These people don't know how hard these guys work at their craft. Lmaoooo just imagine

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

I have been avoiding ESPN and US Sports TV as much as i can (very difficult in Super Bowl week). Turned on the TV to watch Madrid derby and they were mourning Kobe there as well. I just put off the TV.
Ironically I have moved to acceptance stage now and I watch the old clips of his life and times and feel somewhat better
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
Horus:

“Calling out the Devil is one thing, facing him is another thing!”

“You reach, I teach!”

“Look around you! What do you see when you look around you, look!”

Like @A40 said, we tend to underestimate how much work these guys put in to become champions and consistent superstars.

#RIP24

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1222707193754996736?s=19

Lou Williams really nails it here. Behind all the fire and intensity this was who Kobe was and became.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Kobe cry

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8EMNhdhR-m/?igshid=3x0vz2cvy424

This is so endearing. What passion! What family man!

RIP my man

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (2269) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: donlittle25 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.