Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,154 members, 7,977,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:29 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1735764 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (2279) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2013
joeydozzy: why do I feel heats are going to win game 6? undecided
Very possible! The Pacers really phucked up by not winning Game 3
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11am On Jun 02, 2013
Birdman suspended! That might be a difference maker not like it would matter if Haslem is making 8 shots in a row. Indy need a way to slow down Lebron! He's owned Paul George in this series
Re: The NBA Begins by dayokanu(m): 4:02am On Jun 02, 2013
Pacers win

Series at 3-3
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:42am On Jun 02, 2013
The beauty of this series for the Pacers is they know what they need to do to beat the Heat! Its not complicated at all! The question is if they can pull it off
Rebounding
Pts in the paint
Better play from the guards

Lebron must feel like he is in Cleveland all over again with Wade and Bosh stinking up the joint
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
Honestly, i must congratulate the Pacers for holding on this far, a very young and inexperienced team save for David west, these guys have punished the heats everytime they stick to the game plan, which is to pound the paint and close drive in lanes, thus restricting LBJ to shooting threes.

Its very sad to watch Wade now, its obvious injuries and age have caught up with him, same goes to Ray allen, dude can't make a three to save his life, i guess we rode the best out of him. grin grin grin grin

If Hibbert continues with this performance he might become the best center in the very very near future, the league is lacking real talents that can take over, especially young ones and Hibbert is a breath of fresh air.

If they are to win in Miami, Lance has to play better, they have to close the drive in lanes, crash and pound the board offensively and defensively, its going to be very very tough in Miami, but i think they can pull this one out.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
A-40:
Birdman suspended! That might be a difference maker not like it would matter if Haslem is making 8 shots in a row. Indy need a way to slow down Lebron! He's owned Paul George in this series
Don't mind them jare. After the fact. The Pacers could've won the series by now if not for nonsense officiating...I've never been one to entertain talks of conspiracy but honestly...some of the blatantly bad calls have truly been amazing.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
Roland17: Honestly, i must congratulate the Pacers for holding on this far, a very young and inexperienced team save for David west, these guys have punished the heats everytime they stick to the game plan, which is to pound the paint and close drive in lanes, thus restricting LBJ to shooting threes.

Its very sad to watch Wade now, its obvious injuries and age have caught up with him, same goes to Ray allen, dude can't make a three to save his life, i guess we rode the best out of him. grin grin grin grin

If Hibbert continues with this performance he might become the best center in the very very near future, the league is lacking real talents that can take over, especially young ones and Hibbert is a breath of fresh air.

If they are to win in Miami, Lance has to play better, they have to close the drive in lanes, crash and pound the board offensively and defensively, its going to be very very tough in Miami, but i think they can pull this one out.

JeSoul: I agree the toughness of the Pacers is not yet there, but I wouldn't be so dismissive. Its true Hibbert is not made of beast material, but he's good enough to do some damage - IF they come to play ball, focused and passionate...cos they obviously mentally check out of games as they did against the inferior Hawks in Rd 1. If not anything, I would attribute them not being able to beat Miami.
I talk am oh say Indy has the talent...let's see if they can pull the upset.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:02am On Jun 03, 2013
Happy retirement Grant Hill! If only his knees where not made of glass woulda had a much much better legacy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:42am On Jun 03, 2013
A-40:
Happy retirement Grant Hill! If only his knees where not made of glass woulda had a much much better legacy

His knees and groin let him down, but i was glad he came back after the doctors warned him not to and played 9 more seasons even though the last 2 were uneventful..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:19am On Jun 03, 2013
Hibbert fined 75K for "no homo" phrase. Na wa o... I think this will impact his game a bit come Monday. Anyhow I see Miami losing this game
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:24am On Jun 03, 2013
JeSoul: Don't mind them jare. After the fact. The Pacers could've won the series by now if not for nonsense officiating...I've never been one to entertain talks of conspiracy but honestly...some of the blatantly bad calls have truly been amazing.

The calls have been pretty decent and bad calls have gone both ways. I havent seen any blatant, game changing ones all series except maybe against the heat in game 3. Even those calls are credible. If Wade didnt take every other game off, the Heat would have won by now. Now they have to play a younger Pacers team with nothing to lose. I hope Wade breaks a leg and doesnt play angry
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 10:35am On Jun 03, 2013
"Take every other Game off?".....^....

No sir.

He just isn't the same player anymore from injuries and age.

It's called consistency.. A Trait he lacks these days because of a worn down & beaten body.

He isn't taking games off, he just doesn't have it anymore on a consistent basis
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
birdman: Hibbert fined 75K for "no homo" phrase. Na wa o... I think this will impact his game a bit come Monday. Anyhow I see Miami losing this game
Honestly I don't even know why the NBA operates like a communist organization. Cannot say this, cannot critisize that, cannot wear this, cannot do that. Abegi jor *hiss* David Stern should retire to China and let this league evolve. Take cues from the NFL...they run a tight ship without it seeming overbearing.

birdman:

The calls have been pretty decent and bad calls have gone both ways. I havent seen any blatant, game changing ones all series except maybe against the heat in game 3. Even those calls are credible. If Wade didnt take every other game off, the Heat would have won by now. Now they have to play a younger Pacers team with nothing to lose. I hope Wade breaks a leg and doesnt play angry
I don't think so mehn. There was this possession call in game 5 (if I get time I'll go find it on youtube). It clearly went off Lebron underneath the Pacers rim. Rather than look at the replay as the Pacers were protesting they awarded the call to Miami. Ensuing play Lebron scores a 2pter. Pacers get it back, lose it. Ray Allen comes back and scores a 3pter. Time out pacers. Just like that, one call results in a 5pt swing in Miami's favor.

I agree there have been bad calls both ways, but I think it is clearly in Miami's favor majority of the time. And though I'm a Celtic fan I also believe the Celtics (and Lakers) too are beneficiaries of biased calls often.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
The fine on Hibbert is rubbish but we are in the politically correct era so I guess the best thing is not to say anything at all

Roland17:

His knees and groin let him down, but i was glad he came back after the doctors warned him not to and played 9 more seasons even though the last 2 were uneventful..
The NBA really need to look into cutting down their number of games! Its hard to be sympathetic to the players since they earn so much but at the end of the day the fans and the teams still wind up the biggest losers! Look at Rose with the Bulls and Bynum with the Sixers
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
A-40:
The fine on Hibbert is rubbish but we are in the politically correct era so I guess the best thing is not to say anything at all
We don't want zombies...let people be able to speak and deal with the consequences from the fans on their reputation. This gag order is becoming annoying, this is not China jor.

The NBA really need to look into cutting down their number of games! Its hard to be sympathetic to the players since they earn so much but at the end of the day the fans and the teams still wind up the biggest losers! Look at Rose with the Bulls and Bynum with the Sixers
Ehn you say wetin? lol. Abeg oh, you can never have too much NBA cheesy. Let the strong survive and weak ones be weeded out. Someone else will rise and take their place.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
JeSoul: We don't want zombies...let people be able to speak and deal with the consequences from the fans on their reputation. This gag order is becoming annoying, this is not China jor.
It is but what can one do? Its the world we live in these days! We have an openly g@y ninja in the league and they expect us all to pat em on the back! Chris Broussard talked about disagreeing with the g@y baller's lifestyle and he damn near got slaughtered! I respect ESPN for not firing him some news corporations would have

JeSoul:
Ehn you say wetin? lol. Abeg oh, you can never have too much NBA cheesy. Let the strong survive and weak ones be weeded out. Someone else will rise and take their place.
Lol I play basketball small and I know how tired I get after each game I played twice a week or less sef now imagine these guys what they deal with! My suggestion is cut the games and reduce the money! These teams still wind up the biggest losers losing money and all
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
^^^ pls NO!!! sad

nothing keeps me going apart from NBA. The short playoffs is enough, their long break is enough. If they should cut the games like they did last season, I'll faint cry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Jason Kidd retires!!! Ahh just like I suggested
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
After he missed those last 3 pathetic layup attempts.... I knew tha niqqah was gonna retire

His Pride Made him walk away.......

I appreciate that, because as a tru fan, it was tough watching a Legend like that struggle in New York

All old, decrepit, and washed up

Yohh don't get it twisted......he still could neva fhuck with Isiah Though..... wink
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
After he missed those last 3 pathetic layup attempts.... I knew tha niqqah was gonna retire

His Pride Made him walk away.......

I appreciate that, because as a tru fan, it was tough watching a Legend like that struggle in New York

All old, decrepit, and washed up

Yohh don't get it twisted......he still could neva fhuck with Isiah Though..... wink
Ninja was a bit greedy! Shoulda retired with the Mavs after he won his ring
Loool Isiah can't phuck with Jason! Better defender,better passer and better at everything a PG is supposed to do
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
A-40:

Ninja was a bit greedy! Shoulda retired with the Mavs after he won his ring
Loool Isiah can't phuck with Jason! Better defender,better passer and better at everything a PG is supposed to do

..lol^

His first 20 games with the knicks were good though...then he suddenly hit a wall, ran out of gas, and became ancient overnight.

Legendary Pg. Should have won one with the nets...Unfortunately ran into shaq and duncan

Long Live Jkidd, still never fuqqing with Isiah Though
cool
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:15am On Jun 04, 2013
JeSoul: Honestly I don't even know why the NBA operates like a communist organization. Cannot say this, cannot critisize that, cannot wear this, cannot do that. Abegi jor *hiss* David Stern should retire to China and let this league evolve. Take cues from the NFL...they run a tight ship without it seeming overbearing.
There have been grumblings over the seasons that the league being majority black makes Stern believe he can humiliate players. NFL is more balanced. Its one of the reasons I like Dwade - he almost whooped Stern's @ss in one meeting when Stern was talking down to players

I don't think so mehn. There was this possession call in game 5 (if I get time I'll go find it on youtube). It clearly went off Lebron underneath the Pacers rim. Rather than look at the replay as the Pacers were protesting they awarded the call to Miami. Ensuing play Lebron scores a 2pter. Pacers get it back, lose it. Ray Allen comes back and scores a 3pter. Time out pacers. Just like that, one call results in a 5pt swing in Miami's favor.

I agree there have been bad calls both ways, but I think it is clearly in Miami's favor majority of the time. And though I'm a Celtic fan I also believe the Celtics (and Lakers) too are beneficiaries of biased calls often.

Speaking of the Celtics, they do have one more run in them if Rondo comes back healthy - but it will be futile. I forsee a Garnett injury should he try to log significant minutes next season. And I know Melo will be waiting again
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:26am On Jun 04, 2013
A-40:
Jason Kidd retires!!! Ahh just like I suggested

The dinosaur goes home smiley. Solid career with one 'ship. Lucky for him there was no twitter etc back when he had domestic violence issues... people are much less forgiving these days, plus all the twitter ish
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 2:36am On Jun 04, 2013
LETS GO HEAT
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:44am On Jun 04, 2013
ekt_bear: LETS GO HEAT

The Pacers will counter punch. Hibbert being on the bench has helped the the heat - he will likely adjust in the second half
Re: The NBA Begins by dayokanu(m): 3:39am On Jun 04, 2013
The Heat are blowing the Pacers out

21 point lead end of 3rd quarter
Re: The NBA Begins by Siga: 4:00am On Jun 04, 2013
birdman:

The Pacers will counter punch. Hibbert being on the bench has helped the the heat - he will likely adjust in the second half
...Counter punch for where...that one na next season...lol...they can go counter punch their wives and girlfriends...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:06am On Jun 04, 2013
Siga: ...Counter punch for where...that one na next season...lol...they can go counter punch their wives and girlfriends...

Lol. The pacers have been composed most of the game, better than I expected...the heat just put it in another gear. I think we will be seeing this same series in the ECF next year.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2013
Awww man Paul George was a no-show! He has many years ahead of him tho
The Pacers would look back at Game 1 and Game 3 where they did phuck up! All in all a great series for them cos no one expected the Pacers to come this far

birdman:

The dinosaur goes home smiley. Solid career with one 'ship. Lucky for him there was no twitter etc back when he had domestic violence issues... people are much less forgiving these days, plus all the twitter ish
Jason Kidd was a coded badoo! Its amazing how he kept a squeaky clean image even with them domestic troubles
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
Spurs vs Heats 4-2

sorry, Heats I ain't impressed sad sad
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
joeydozzy: Spurs vs Heats 4-2

sorry, Heats I ain't impressed sad sad
I kinda agree with you! Spurs in 6! They are too deep and too battle tested for a one-man Heat team cos that's what they are at the moment let's face it
Re: The NBA Begins by AlyricistLaura: 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
Pacers have taken too much out of Miami

Spurs in 7

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (2279) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.