Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:31 AM

No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai (3423 Views)

Governor Tanko Al Makura's Media Team Have Just Issued A Press Statement / Amina Zakari's Father Was Married To Buhari's elder sis -alhaji Tanko Yakasai / Buhari Was Actively Involved In 1983 Coup, Looted The Treasury- Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Nadanbata: 12:52am On Dec 26, 2011

Veteran politician and Second Republic presidential adviser, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai opens up on several weighty political issues in this encounter with the LEADERSHIP SUNDAY’s duo of SHUAIB SHUAIB and TORDUE SALEM. He shared his perspectives on Igbo presidency, zero-subsidy proclamation, Northern poverty, the region’s political quandary and more.

Excerpts:

Would you ascribe to an Igbo presidency in 2015?

In 2015, no. We reached an agreement that they will support the North in 2011 and they did not. So how can they now ask the North to take their votes and give to them? Let them wait for their turn. This is the reason why I am 100% in support of rotation. It started from us in NPN. We brought in rotation so that every part of Nigeria will produce the president. Unfortunately, the military overthrew that government before Shagari could complete his second term. Now, by the special grace of God, General Sani Abacha created the 1994 Constitutional Conference where we recommended a constitution which he promulgated into a decree in 1995. It adopted rotation and is now in the constitution. Unfortunately, Abdusalam threw it away.

He adopted the zoning but rejected rotation. So, we have to come back to rotation. That is why Jonathan is advocating the entrenchment of rotation in the constitution so that the Igbos, the Kanuris, everybody will be able to produce a president. Now, if you go by the present geopolitical zones that we have in Nigeria, there are two zones that have never produced a president. In fact there is a zone that has never produced a president, not even a ceremonial president and that is the north east. So the two zones that are now left out in the presidential arrangement are the north east and the south east.

If you take all the votes of the Igbos in Nigeria, I think they are about 25 % and if they quarrel with the north, I can assure you that they will not get the votes of northerners. Yes, Jonathan got the votes of a lot of northerners during the nominaton. But that is a different matter. When it came to the election proper, you know what happened. So, I think if we are going to do it on the basis of democracy; on the basis of negotiation like we started. If they had kept faith with what we had agreed upon, all these problems would not have arisen. You cannot eat your cake and have it. They promised to support a northerner and they didn’t and they want the north to support then in 2015, I do not think that is a normal thing. We should try to avoid selfishness in this matter.

Where should the presidency go to in 2015?

The North.

cheesy Strap up Igbo's or wait till 2019 Oga has spoken. lmao, 

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/11512/2011/12/25/north_won%E2%80%99t_back_south-east_presidency_2015_%E2%80%93_yakasai.html
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 26, 2011
Mr Yakassai the Igbos are no longer your problem.

Power may come to the North after Jonathan but it will stop in middle belt.

It will not come to muslim North!

1 Like

Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by AndreUweh(m): 12:58am On Dec 26, 2011
mikeansy:

Word.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Onlytruth(m): 1:09am On Dec 26, 2011
Yakasai and core northern crew has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait too.
And it will go to Igbo before them. cool
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Rhino5dm: 1:14am On Dec 26, 2011
^
How do you plan to achieve that when the SW will not vote for SE'ner, talk more of the "born to rule" north?
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by peckhamboi: 1:22am On Dec 26, 2011
Nadanbata:

In 2015, no. We reached an agreement that they will support the North in 2011 and they did not.

So Igbos betrayed the North in 2011, fcukking betrayers.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Nadanbata: 1:24am On Dec 26, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^
How do you plan to achieve that when the SW will not vote for SE'ner, talk more of the "born to rule" north?

The 70% + Igbo population in Lagos will bring them through. Along with their 50% + Popualtion in Markudi, Lokoja, Illorin, Ibadan, Yola, Abuja, Minna. And not to forget their 30% poluation in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, etc  cool cool cool
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by musiwa43: 1:35am On Dec 26, 2011
I  disagree with Alhaji Tanko Yakasai. there was no way in Nigeria or anywhere in nigeria. where we the people of nigerian agree to 6 zone.

We the people of Nigeria agree to 3 region.  The north, east and west.

Umaru Musa yar adua   used 3 years a Northerner

Jonathan Goodluck an Eastern is using his term

It is the turn of the west to produce the president. If we want to use rotation.

This is why OPC is showing you weapon. if you people break agree,   You will set nigeria up in fire,

I have told you people over and over. remove edo,delta and Yorubas. If the north does not do, that. the north i dont see them ever ruling nigeria.

You see when you look at that the satellite pictures. There are more people in the western part of nigeria than in the northern part of nigeria.

So you see, nigeria have problem. this is OPC is showing you the weapon, 

I have said over and over, remove edo,delta and Yoruba, that way you have peace,

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3jUKTQDW7pGwfaaVbPPOR_n-K29QvK_7oA6FlHj-S4um-dKusdkbXLgWe[/img]

Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by musiwa43: 1:43am On Dec 26, 2011
there are less than 20 tapa villages in kwara state. They are called tapa and not nupe, because they are mix breed between yoruba and nupe people. this is kwara state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGhCOzLvZk&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IPi9UbcYk
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Rhino5dm: 1:48am On Dec 26, 2011
You can quickly add their population constitutes 70% of US,London,Isreal and China.

I wonder what sort of people derived pleasure in empty chest beating, spreading of lies,worthless boasting and ego massaging.

Nadanbata:

The 70% + Igbo population in Lagos will bring them through. Along with their 50% + Popualtion in Markudi, Lokoja, Illorin, Ibadan, Yola, Abuja, Minna. And not to forget their 30% poluation in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, etc cool cool cool
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Chyz2: 1:50am On Dec 26, 2011
No Igbo president of nigeria 2015= Igbo president in Biafra. cool
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by AndreUweh(m): 1:52am On Dec 26, 2011
Musiwa, for Christ sake, count Delta out. What is wrong with you?.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by musiwa43: 1:56am On Dec 26, 2011
Andre Uweh was delta state in the west or east? answer my question,

this are delta state people,

Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by musiwa43: 1:58am On Dec 26, 2011
delta state people.

Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Nadanbata: 1:59am On Dec 26, 2011
@ Musiwa lol i like action not loud talking ooo.  cheesy Remove yourselves from Naija nobody stopping you. But Illorin is Usman dan Fodio territotry cheesy  cool

Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by musiwa43: 2:07am On Dec 26, 2011
you make me laugh. Go and ask the sultan of sokoto. if He does not know if ilorin is Yoruba people. He will tell you. that ilorin are Yoruba people. Why do you people want to make trouble. THe north will never be against Yoruba people for taken ilorin. As long as we make north majority. They dont care, 

Do you know what minority goes through in Nigeria. This is why northerners are blowing up everywhere, because they do not want to be minority.  So you think they will care for ilorin. You make me laugh.

The north knows ilorin people are Yoruba people.  Go and ask the sultan of Sokoto. You see their are many emirate council in nigeria. Emirate council does not mean fulani land,  There is an emir of kontagora. there are several emirs in the north. not really fulani land.

Emirship is an islamic title. and not a traditional title. This is what you people dont know. Go and ask the sultan of sokoto.   Educated northerners knows this, 

Ilorin are amala eating people of Yoruba,

Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Nadanbata: 2:27am On Dec 26, 2011
musiwa,,.:

you make me laugh. Go and ask the sultan of sokoto. [b]if He does not know if ilorin is Yoruba people. He will tell you. that ilorin are Yoruba people. [/b]Why do you people want to make trouble. THe north will never be against Yoruba people for taken ilorin. As long as we make north majority. They dont care, 

Do you know what minority goes through in Nigeria. This is why northerners are blowing up everywhere, because they do not want to be minority.  So you think they will care for ilorin. You make me laugh.

The north knows ilorin people are Yoruba people.  Go and ask the sultan of Sokoto. You see their are many emirate council in nigeria. Emirate council does not mean fulani land,  There is an emir of kontagora. there are several emirs in the north. not really fulani land.

Emirship is an islamic title. and not a traditional title. This is what you people dont know. Go and ask the sultan of sokoto.   Educated northerners knows this, 

Ilorin are amala eating people of Yoruba,

We are in the process of assimilating them ooo tongue cool cool

I eat amala to oo :p
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by odumchi: 3:13am On Dec 26, 2011
The last election was more than enough evidence to shoe that the myth of Northern political domination of Nigeria had been proven wrong. An Ijaw minority "David" had defeated a majority Hausa "Goliath". So imagine how it would be with majority against majority,
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by musiwa43: 3:37am On Dec 26, 2011
election are rigged in nigeria. This is why there is a need to remove edo,delta and Yoruba. You see nobody can say he won election in Nigeria. No man. there are lie detector , which i can be back up.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by ektbear: 4:01am On Dec 26, 2011
hmm
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Demdem(m): 4:05am On Dec 26, 2011
I hate it when I agree with peeps like this however he has a point. We currently have retardeeno Ebele Azikwe on the throne and he promised to use just a term. 2015 will definately not go to another igbo.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by ektbear: 4:08am On Dec 26, 2011
In my opinion it cannot go to the North. There are a variety of reasons for this. But one of the biggest is that doing so implicitly rewards terrorism.

So perhaps it is just best for us to go our separate ways in 2015.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by EzeUche(m): 4:13am On Dec 26, 2011
I choose any Southerner over a Northerner.

Preferably a Christian, but it must remain in Southern hands.

Enough is enough. These Northerners cannot dictate to anyone.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by odumchi: 4:22am On Dec 26, 2011
Demdem:

I hate it when I agree with peeps like this however he has a point. We currently have retardeeno Ebele Azikwe on the throne and he promised to use just a term. [b]2015 will definately not go to another igb[/b]o.

It's amazing how some people don't know their own president's ethnicity.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Demdem(m): 4:31am On Dec 26, 2011
odumchi:

It's amazing how some people don't know their own president's ethnicity.

Of cos we all know that the retardeen us a fishermen from slyvia state however before the elections enough historians were all over the place trying to rewrite the truth. Were u among? Azikwe na our son, leave am biko.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Rhino5dm: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2011
2015 ought to have come to Fashola or any better candidate, if Nigerians truely want a change.

However, the manipulative tendency of PDP poses a threat to that, having seen how easily they rigged elections without challange.

Nigerians can never be trusted with ability to implore their brains, just when you think enough is enough with pervailing hardship meted on them by PDP, they will trooped to the polls armed with another useless slogan, born out sheer illiteracy and love for quick undeserved money. Besides, PDP doesn't care who is ruling in as much as power will remain with the party.

ekt_bear:

In my opinion it cannot go to the North. There are a variety of reasons for this. But one of the biggest is that doing so implicitly rewards terrorism.

Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by dayokanu(m): 7:42am On Dec 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Didnt we reward MEND terrorism by giving Odechukwu retardeen the presidency?
mikeansy:

These middle beltans have ruled more than anyone else

Gowon 9yrs, IBB 8yrs Abdulsalam 1 yr Total = 18yrs
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 26, 2011
EzeUche:

I choose any Southerner over a Northerner.

Preferably a Christian, but it must remain in Southern hands.

Enough is enough. These Northerners cannot dictate to anyone.
I hope you will support a yoruba candidacy then since awusa people are on your neck now.Honestly,i think an ibo presidency will be a hard sell to the entire north and yorubas.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Oba234: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2011
dayokanu:

Didnt we reward MEND terrorism by giving Odechukwu retardeen the presidency?
These middle beltans have ruled more than anyone else

Gowon 9yrs, IBB 8yrs Abdulsalam 1 yr Total = 18yrs

The middlebelt and Hausa/Fulani have controlled Nigeria for too long. They don't need another president from the middle belt. The yorubas and the igbos have the least amount of president. Yorubas had OBJ and Igbo had Ironsi and Azikwe.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by freecocoa(f): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2011
I'd like to understand something please,I don't think I know much about politics but I thought second tenure is still obtainable,does this mean it won't work in GEJ's case? Somebody clear me on this please.
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 26, 2011
freecocoa:

I'd like to understand something please,I don't think I know much about politics but I thought second tenure is still obtainable,does this mean it won't work in GEJ's case? Somebody clear me on this please.
He has sworn as president twice already.do you want him for a 3rd time/term ?
Re: No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai by homerac7: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2011
^

Nope! He's fully entitled to another shot at presidency. D constitution stipulates a tenure of 4 years. That's explicit enough. Similar situation is Segun Osoba vs some pdp guys who claimed dt Osoba wasn't entitled to run again in 2007 as Ogun state gov since he was sworn in in 1992, 1999 s executive gov of d state. Osoba won d case and contested, though lost to Gbenga Daniel.

Going by number of "swearing in" allowable, then u must b aware dt Uduaghan has been sworn in for at least 3ce.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Bares His Fangs, By Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Jaykay Pharmacy Tax Receipts - #fasholalied / Here Are 7 Things APC Attacked Jonathan For Doing That Buhari Is Currently Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.