Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,627 members, 7,878,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. (10531 Views)

444 Deaths In 39 Days: Boko Haram, More Daring, More Heartless / Boko-Haram: More Soldiers Sent To Adamawa State / Boko Haram: More Bloodier And Deadlier Days Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
The level of ignorance in here is very sad. Boko Aram as it stands right now is an extension of Al Qaeda. If very tyranic Islamic leaders in the mideast cant curb terrorism, what makes you think Buhari or anyone will.

You need to understand what is going on to comment. Saying that Boko Aram is happening because GEJ is weak is a very poor understanding of the situation. Please Google up and read about how terrorist cells work. I was a grown up when Buhari was president. Maitasini and the old Boko Aram were known groups with recognition. This new Boko Aram is a typical terrorist group that have received training from Al qaeda. This has been confirmed by both the Boko Aram guys and CIA. They dont have a face and have no real location.

When you go for a hit as a suicide bomber, you may not even know who your real boss is or you may never have met him. There is a hierarchy.  The only way to curb and reduce terrorist activities is by the involvement of the society where it exists. That is why terrorism has reduced in many western nations. Because when the whole community becomes a watch dog, then it becomes very difficult for the terrorists to strike. That is why it is difficult for Boko Aram to operate in the south. I am not saying it is impossible, just saying it is more difficult. But in the north, they have the sympathy of the society. So no one will provide information. Some of you are very quick to attack our security forces but you forget that even security forces of western nations are only as good as the participation of the community were they operate. If you dont get the cooperation of the community, no matter how sophisticated you are, you cannot fight crime. That is why it is very difficult for US police departments to fight crime in Latino and black communities. Because these are closed communities where the people dont cooperate with the police and do have sympathy for the criminals.

Buhari being the president would have done no better except if the BOko Aram feel in some way that he protects their interest. These guys are not normal thinking people.

Let me ask: Do you really think a guy who is ready to do suicide bombing will fear someone called Buhari or any other person? lol

onye_ngbu*:

For all you fools who has kept saying that boko haram has been around b4 GEJ, i cant agree less BUT tell me:
1. how many bombs did they detonate all that time?
2. How many containers of arms  were intercepted in our ports?
3. Why did the bombs suddenly start exploding immediately it was obvious GEJ is goin to contest as PDP candidate?

Funny question with obvious answers:

1. They have been building for over 10 years, since sept 11 2001. It takes time and money to build terrorist cells
2. Terrorists dont ship arms through ports. Arms dealers do that but terrorists dont do that. It will expose them too much
3. It was a good time to strike having built the base over the years. It was also a good alibi to get the support/sympathy of the nothern society. If they dont get sympathy from the northern society, they wont last.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2011
Dont also forget that Buhari was not a strong leader like some of you try to portray. He was so weak, his deputy ruled for him and immediately his deputy went on a short holiday in Saudi, he was overthrown without any resistance in what was the easiest coup ever in Nigeria.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by hercules07: 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2011
@dmainboss

Ask the Chadians what Buhari did to them, do you think Idiagbon was more respected than Buhari in the army?
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by ENZOSCIFO1: 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2011
To the question ; I thin k Buhari would have fared better based on his antecedents.

And for heavens sake I feel I have to mention this , for the fact that a man's name is Jonathan, David, Ahmed or whatever does not make the man a xtian or muslim. Point am making is do you consider this ritual oath taking fellow called Jonathan a xtian, then welcome to the world of the FOOLED.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by ak4God(m): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
Buhari is an extremist.He is part of this Boko Haram stampede.I could remember during 2007,he stated categorically that MUSLIMS SHOULD VOTE FOR MUSLIMS CANDIDATE.So dont be deceive by these so called Gen.Also the Northern made it clear during the last election that they will make the government ungovernable for GEJ.I know GEJ might be weak in taken some cogent decision but at the same time, Boko Haram issue is more Almajiri wanting to rule by all means, shekena!!
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2011
hercules07:

@dmainboss

Ask the Chadians what Buhari did to them, do you think Idiagbon was more respected than Buhari in the army?

Buhari did not do anything to anyone. Dont let anybody deceive you. A military government is very different from a civilian government. I remember when we demonstrated in 1994 during the June 12 saga. Nobody thought of Buhari the way some of you talk now. I am so surprised that since the CPC campaign, all these funny stories of Buhari are being peddled everywhere. Back in the nineties, Buhari was only remembered as the failed and weak Nigerian president whose deputy ruled for him. I dont know where all these Buhari praises are coming from. Probably from a generation that didn't know what happened back then.

Idiagbon was not only more respected in the army, he was more respected in the whole country. Idiagbon was seen and knowm as the man who called the shots. As proof that Buhari didnt have any serious respect or following in the army, the coup that overthrew him was the easiest since independence. No resistance of any kind. that only happens when you dont have a strong army following. Orkah coup would have easily succeeded if it was Buhari in power. It took the IBB boys to stop Orkah coup. I dont like IBB or Abacha but you have to say they had good following in the army. OBJ still has the biggest base in the army, believe it or not. like him or not. Buhari was a nobody in the army. He was non existent. He was never an active person in the military. Go check the records from 1966 coup till he became president and after he left.

When you overthrow a civilian government, you have to make it look justified. That was what precipitated all he tried to do then. The country was not in any crisis when he took over. There were economic issues alright but the naira was still 1:1 with the dollar. Nobody was suffering. we had free books in school and ate free meals sometimes. Things really became bad during the IBB years. IBB is the guy that really took us to the cleaners.

Abacha did nothing and spoiled little. Buhari is not a tough guy. He is just an opportunist who has seen that he can play on the northern sentiments that they want their own to rule. That is why he has been playing the sharia card since the OBJ regime. He was the first to come out and support Yerima on the sharialization of Zamfara state. He later went on to tell Moslems not to vote for Christians. Just playing on their sentiments. Nothing more. If he is really a strong leader, he would have a strong following. Atiku might be bad, but you have to give it to him that he is a strong leader and it shows in his followership base. If not that men like OBJ backed GEJ, it would have been very difficult for GEJ to beat Atiku in PDP.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by ak4God(m): 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
well said, IBB and co had to tricked (war against indiscipline) to mecca for them to overtrew WEAKY WEAKY BUHARI!!!
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by cashful(m): 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2011
if buhari was president those BH bombers will not be doing what they are doing now, they are only acting out what Northern leaders could not voice out (i.e GEJ/S. south this wasn't your turn, 2011 was ours, you should have waited for 2015)
this guys believe they own Nigeria and decide what should be.

to be candid, what happened in Odi and the BH situation are not comparable, the latter was a group of hoodlums hiding/residing in a known locality, the bh are faceless terrorist, not residing in any locality but operating like hit men(strike n disappear).

they can be dealt with and the greatest asset required is intelligence which is seriously lacking among our security paraphernalia.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2011
dmainboss:

Buhari did not do anything to anyone. Dont let anybody deceive you. A military government is very different from a civilian government. I remember when we demonstrated in 1994 during the June 12 saga. Nobody thought of Buhari the way some of you talk now. I am so surprised that since the CPC campaign, all these funny stories of Buhari are being peddled everywhere. Back in the nineties, Buhari was only remembered as the failed and weak Nigerian president whose deputy ruled for him. I dont know where all these Buhari praises are coming from. Probably from a generation that didn't know what happened back then.

Idiagbon was not only more respected in the army, he was more respected in the whole country. Idiagbon was seen and knowm as the man who called the shots. As proof that Buhari didnt have any serious respect or following in the army, the coup that overthrew him was the easiest since independence. No resistance of any kind. that only happens when you dont have a strong army following. Orkah coup would have easily succeeded if it was Buhari in power. It took the IBB boys to stop Orkah coup. I dont like IBB or Abacha but you have to say they had good following in the army. OBJ still has the biggest base in the army, believe it or not. like him or not. Buhari was a nobody in the army. He was non existent. He was never an active person in the military. Go check the records from 1966 coup till he became president and after he left.

When you overthrow a civilian government, you have to make it look justified. That was what precipitated all he tried to do then. The country was not in any crisis when he took over. There were economic issues alright but the naira was still 1:1 with the dollar. Nobody was suffering. we had free books in school and ate free meals sometimes. Things really became bad during the IBB years. IBB is the guy that really took us to the cleaners.

Abacha did nothing and spoiled little. Buhari is not a tough guy. He is just an opportunist who has seen that he can play on the northern sentiments that they want their own to rule. That is why he has been playing the sharia card since the OBJ regime. He was the first to come out and support Yerima on the sharialization of Zamfara state. He later went on to tell Moslems not to vote for Christians. Just playing on their sentiments. Nothing more. If he is really a strong leader, he would have a strong following. Atiku might be bad, but you have to give it to him that he is a strong leader and it shows in his followership base. If not that men like OBJ backed GEJ, it would have been very difficult for GEJ to beat Atiku in PDP.

Thank you for setting the record straight despite the attempt by many to rewrite history
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2011
dmainboss:

Thank you for setting the record straight despite the attempt by many to rewrite history
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by cashful(m): 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
dmainboss:

you are right guy.

dmainboss:

The level of ignorance in here is very sad. Boko Aram as it stands right now is an extension of Al Qaeda. If very tyranic Islamic leaders in the mideast cant curb terrorism, what makes you think Buhari or anyone will.

You need to understand what is going on to comment. Saying that Boko Aram is happening because GEJ is weak is a very poor understanding of the situation. Please Google up and read about how terrorist cells work. I was a grown up when Buhari was president. Maitasini and the old Boko Aram were known groups with recognition. This new Boko Aram is a typical terrorist group that have received training from Al qaeda. This has been confirmed by both the Boko Aram guys and CIA. They dont have a face and have no real location.

When you go for a hit as a suicide bomber, you may not even know who your real boss is or you may never have met him. There is a hierarchy.  The only way to curb and reduce terrorist activities is by the involvement of the society where it exists. That is why terrorism has reduced in many western nations. Because when the whole community becomes a watch dog, then it becomes very difficult for the terrorists to strike. That is why it is difficult for Boko Aram to operate in the south. I am not saying it is impossible, just saying it is more difficult. But in the north, they have the sympathy of the society. So no one will provide information. Some of you are very quick to attack our security forces but you forget that even security forces of western nations are only as good as the participation of the community were they operate. If you dont get the cooperation of the community, no matter how sophisticated you are, you cannot fight crime. That is why it is very difficult for US police departments to fight crime in Latino and black communities. Because these are closed communities where the people dont cooperate with the police and do have sympathy for the criminals.

Buhari being the president would have done no better except if the BOko Aram feel in some way that he protects their interest. These guys are not normal thinking people.

Let me ask: Do you really think a guy who is ready to do suicide bombing will fear someone called Buhari or any other person? lol

If they dont get sympathy from the northern society, they wont last.

very true, but the security guys failed the country, this thing started a long time ago and they watched the group grow to what they can't handle, they have no intelligence gathering mechanism. if their is anything we can learn from US fight against terrorism is that you need strong intelligence and information gathering to win the war.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Gentleboby: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
They would not have tried this rubbish in any Military Government. Ask Odi town what Obassanjo did to them

This is not a riot or community activities it's north in general when you talk about level some area like what ? don't you use your brown eyes look around the world and see the hell going on, Up till now in the world there no security that can stop suicide bombing.
Who is Obj or Buhari or Gej or ask America what is their achievement in Iraq, It's God's time let love our self we that normal.

But is like northerner never know the consequences likely may not been interested.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Fellywood(m): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
The north is a parasite to Nigeria
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by texazzpete(m): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
dmainboss:

Funny question with obvious answers:

1. They have been building for over 10 years, since sept 11 2001. It takes time and money to build terrorist cells
2. Terrorists dont ship arms through ports. Arms dealers do that but terrorists dont do that. It will expose them too much
3. It was a good time to strike having built the base over the years. It was also a good alibi to get the support/sympathy of the nothern society. If they dont get sympathy from the northern society, they wont last.

So you're saying the strength and will of the leader does not matter since we're dealing with 'unnatural human beings' abi?

Oya, go and find out how many terrorist attacks have taken place on US soil since 9/11. Go and find out how many top Al Qaeda men have been killed on Obama's orders.
Obama had the willpower to order the assassination of Bin laden in foreign territory. He ordered the death of a US Citizen (Al Awlaki) in Yemen.

Terrorists are fearsome, true, but a strong leader with the right amount of brainpower can do much to defeat it.

Sadly, In Nigeria we see GEJ grab a microphone and tell us that "This bombing is uncalled for"
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2011
texazzpete:

So you're saying the strength and will of the leader does not matter since we're dealing with 'unnatural human beings' abi?

Oya, go and find out how many terrorist attacks have taken place on US soil since 9/11. Go and find out how many top Al Qaeda men have been killed on Obama's orders.
Obama had the willpower to order the assassination of Bin laden in foreign territory. He ordered the death of a US Citizen (Al Awlaki) in Yemen.

Terrorists are fearsome, true, but a strong leader with the right amount of brainpower can do much to defeat it.

Sadly, In Nigeria we see GEJ grab a microphone and tell us that "This bombing is uncalled for"

Ok lets take a good look and ask:

1. How many years did it take the US to finally track down and kill Osama? answer: 10 years and billions of dollars
2. Why is there still terrorists attacks in Pakistan and Israel with all their military mights? answer: Because terrorists dont have a face and are not afraid to die so the will of a leader means nothing to them

Are you saying it took the US ten years because their security agencies didnt have much brain power? Terrorists are not militants or an army. US would have defeated them in one day if they were an army. They are still attacking aroundthe world till tomorrow because they dont fight fair. They have no face. The US with all her might lost the Vietnam war. Why? Because it was a different kind of war?

The key to stopping Boko Aram is intelligence but that too its the biggest problem. Why? Because they have the sympathy of the people. until the people give them up, they will continue to thrive. Lets leave out the sentiments. This is not about defending GEJ but about facts. I ask before and will repeat again,

Why would a suicide bomber be afraid if Buhari was the president when he has already agreed to die? That is an oxymoron. The leader in power will not make any difference to him. The old Boko Aram were people who were not willing to die. They were political thugs. The new Boko Aram are real terrorists. This is a different ball game bro. Maybe the good thing about all this is that we can finally split the country.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Reference(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
dmainboss:

Perhaps one of the deepest insights as to what has happened and what may be. Certainly from a matured and experienced mind. It appears you were actually there. Let's continue.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Fellywood(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
Any person from the south who buys into the northern agenda is A BIG FOOL. They have made it clear from the begining that they will make Nigeria hell for all if they were not alowd to rule after squandering our state for over 40 yrs. They have NEVER brought anything good to the table other than plant corruption by babangida & his thieving malams.-May they not die well. They killed any southerner at sight for failing to gain access to Aso rock to continue the stealing. Look at the last two years since President Goodluck took over & tell me the last time you slept at the filling station queing for fuel. These thieving parasitic animals would always embarrass & pull people back. These people do not have any good for Nigeria. The ONLY reason there is this grass chewing imbeciles called boko haram is because a southern christian is the president. When OBJ a southern christian was the president, they came up with sharia law championed by the fool that married a 12yr old girl the other day. Shame on all muslims all over the world. Your judgment is near. Blood-suckers
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Abagworo(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2011
Fellywood:

Any person from the south who buys into the northern agenda is A BIG FOOL. They have made it clear from the begining that they will make Nigeria hell for all if they were not alowd to rule after squandering our state for over 40 yrs. They have NEVER brought anything good to the table other than plant corruption by babangida & his thieving malams.-May they not die well. They killed any southerner at sight for failing to gain access to Aso rock to continue the stealing. Look at the last two years since President Goodluck took over & tell me the last time you slept at the filling station queing for fuel. These thieving parasitic animals would always embarrass & pull people back. These people do not have any good for Nigeria. The ONLY reason there is this grass chewing imbeciles called boko haram is because a southern christian is the president. When OBJ a southern christian was the president, they came up with sharia law championed by the fool that married a 12yr old girl the other day. Shame on all muslims all over the world. Your judgment is near. Blood-suckers

Guy take it easy and make your remarks with facts. Do you mean 40 years of North or 40 years of Moslem Presidents. It can only be up to 40 years if you add Gowon from Plateau and IBB from Niger which nullifies the Middle belt hypothesis. Ok Gowon is a Northern Christian.

That said, I don't believe Buhari could have done any better than GEJ on this matter. USA is by far the strongest country in the world but is still unable to curb Al-Qaeda, I wonder where Buhari could have made his extra impact from. This Boko Haram issue grew during the time of Late President Yar'Adua. That period Nigeria had no leadership and was an easy haven for terrorist groups. Terrorism can only be stopped before take off but once it has started, we should understand it will take years to curb. About 2 years ago, there had never been a single case of suicide bombing in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Beaf: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2011
Buhari did not even defeat maitatsine. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-833495.0.html

I pity anybody that is not part of the oligarchy, but is daft enough to sell their mothers and their kids, because they are too lazy to seek information and get educated.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2011
dmainboss:

Ok lets take a good look and ask:

1. How many years did it take the US to finally track down and kill Osama? answer: 10 years and billions of dollars
2. Why is there still terrorists attacks in Pakistan and Israel with all their military mights? answer: Because terrorists dont have a face and are not afraid to die so the will of a leader means nothing to them

Are you saying it took the US ten years because their security agencies didnt have much brain power? Terrorists are not militants or an army. US would have defeated them in one day if they were an army. They are still attacking aroundthe world till tomorrow because they dont fight fair. They have no face. The US with all her might lost the Vietnam war. Why? Because it was a different kind of war?

The key to stopping Boko Aram is intelligence but that too its the biggest problem. Why? Because they have the sympathy of the people. until the people give them up, they will continue to thrive. Lets leave out the sentiments. This is not about defending GEJ but about facts. I ask before and will repeat again,

Why would a suicide bomber be afraid if Buhari was the president when he has already agreed to die? That is an oxymoron. The leader in power will not make any difference to him. The old Boko Aram were people who were not willing to die. They were political thugs. The new Boko Aram are real terrorists. This is a different ball game bro. Maybe the good thing about all this is that we can finally split the country.

from your post history, it is clear you are another gej apologist and revisionist

it took the us ten years to hunt down osama , but in the immediate aftermath of 91, there was decisive action. we did not see bush go on air to tell us no the saudis are our brother they could not have done this, or invite arab leaders to the white house for a press conference

the man you are making excuses for attempted to pin the bomb blasts on his political opponents. do you think we all have short memories and cannot remember na we do am?

the man you are defending had advance warning that there would be a bomblast, and chose not to inform the people who fought for him. he stayed behind his human shields, and allowed the ss to go throigh with their rain impeded countermeasures.

today, a year later, no one has been brought to book

guess what, your al qaeda crap doesnt even wash - within 2 weeks of the attack, they had all sorts of info and had pieced together the identities of the hijackers , how they did it etc. and since then they have been able to foil several attempts to repeat 911. if osama was a resident of the us, and not in hiding in a locale they knew nothing about, they would have gotten him much sooner

the home grown timothy mcveigh was caught within 96 hours of the oklahoma city bombing

similarly, after the uk's 911, several attempts have been foiled

now lets look at nigeria, where the president wrings his hands and tells us it is our burden, it is our turn. i suspect these are utterances of his security chiefs that he is repeating, because he is too daft to know any better.

the bizarre references to a coup, as some sort of evidence of buhari's weakness makes it clear tat you are just some election swiftboater called out of the woodwork to take over from beaf.

we ae not talking about soldiers skulduggery here. we are talking about the will to ensure there is security in the country. if i remeber correctly under buhari, we had firing squads, execution of drug pushers an all out war against indiscipline.

under gej we get three year jail terms for bh associates

we get bizarre comments like it is our burden

lets go back to the us you keep referencing . remember rudy guliani, mayor of new york, or was it governor. the man became a national hero in the aftermath of 911.thats what real leaders do in a crisis. they rise to the occasion. we need a winston churchill, not a chamberlain who will be kowtowing to the barbarian horde.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by sheyguy: 11:23pm On Dec 27, 2011
Buhari is not the president today but if he was there would have been no boko haram, the core-northerners feels Gej is using their space according to the PDP's eight years arrangement btw the north & south,GEJ's rigging antics too hasn't helped neither.
For those saying buhari is the answer, he was there in the eighties and did nada, he was the northern version of Gej, the only diff. being the quality of deputy he had, his second in command was more active enough.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2011
sheyguy:

Buhari is not the president today but if he was there would have been no boko haram, the core-northerners feels Gej is using their space according to the PDP's eight years arrangement btw the north & south,GEJ's rigging antics too hasn't helped neither.
For those saying buhari is the answer, he was there in the eighties and did nada, he was the northern version of Gej, the only diff. being the quality of deputy he had, his second in command was more active enough.

going by that buhari was a weakling with a strong vice speil - what can u say about gej and sambo - dumb and dumber?
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
oyb:

from your post history, it is clear you are another gej apologist and revisionist

it took the us ten years to hunt down osama , but in the immediate aftermath of 91, there was decisive action. we did not see bush go on air to tell us no the saudis are our brother they could not have done this, or invite arab leaders to the white house for a press conference

the man you are making excuses for attempted to pin the bomb blasts on his political opponents. do you think we all have short memories and cannot remember na we do am?

the man you are defending had advance warning that there would be a bomblast, and chose not to inform the people who fought for him. he stayed behind his human shields, and allowed the ss to go throigh with their rain impeded countermeasures.

today, a year later, no one has been brought to book

guess what, your al qaeda crap doesnt even wash - within 2 weeks of the attack, they had all sorts of info and had pieced together the identities of the hijackers , how they did it etc. and since then they have been able to foil several attempts to repeat 911. if osama was a resident of the us, and not in hiding in a locale they knew nothing about, they would have gotten him much sooner

the home grown timothy mcveigh was caught within 96 hours of the oklahoma city bombing

similarly, after the uk's 911, several attempts have been foiled

now lets look at nigeria, where the president wrings his hands and tells us it is our burden, it is our turn. i suspect these are utterances of his security chiefs that he is repeating, because he is too daft to know any better.  

the bizarre references to a coup, as some sort of evidence of buhari's weakness makes it clear tat you are just some election swiftboater called out of the woodwork to take over from beaf.  

we ae not talking about soldiers skulduggery here. we are talking about the will to ensure there is security in the country. if i remeber correctly under buhari, we had firing squads, execution of drug pushers an all out war against indiscipline.  

under gej we get three year jail terms for bh associates

we get bizarre comments like it is our burden

lets go back to the us you keep referencing . remember rudy guliani, mayor of new york, or was it governor. the man became a national hero in the aftermath of 911.thats what real leaders do in a crisis. they rise to the occasion. we need a winston churchill, not a chamberlain who will be kowtowing to the barbarian horde.

I can see its still a huge challenge for you to discuss issues. Maybe you will improve one day. I will give you the benefit of a doubt and respond:

1. What was the immediate response that you referred to in the aftermath of 9/11? Invasion of IRAQ? The last time I checked. That still remains an unpopular decision with no WMD found. Secondly that didnt stop terrorism, did it? So you think coming out to spout tough rhetoric will suffice as decisive action? hmmm!

2. Who is Boko Aram? Can poor people buy bombs? Can poor people sponsor these kind of attacks? I dont think so. It is definitely backed by politicians! So why not arrest them? Simple, because you cant get any evidence against them because it is a terrorist group you are dealing with. They dont go to beer parlour to boast of their actions like armed robbers or kidnappers. They dont even talk to close friends and relatives.

3. No one has been brought to book? How do you bring people to book in terrorist situations? Osama was not discovered after 9/11. He has been known to be the head of al Qaeda long before 9/11. the leaders and structure of Al Qaeda were known long before 9/11. So saying they got information 2 weeks after the bombing is funny. The suicide bombers were simply traced from their flight records. That a simple thing to do. It actually didnt take 2 weeks. The hijackers were known the same day because they boarded the flight and their records were there. same way the Abuja UN bomber was identified. Thats the easy part. The hard part is knowing who sent them. In Al Qaeda's case, it was clear as Osama was dishing out video tapes everywhere.

if osama was a resident of the us, and not in hiding in a locale they knew nothing about, they would have gotten him much sooner

Very true statement because they have a national database! Did that ever occur to you? Also, they have a citizenry who would report the slightest movement of even an ant. Have you ever heard of anyone in Borno state coming out with information? In fact, they started calling on the government to leave their state alone. If you ever travel abroad, you would understand how security works. It is not just about the sophistication of the agencies but a lot rests on the cooperation of the citizens.

with all due respect i would have loved to know if you are over 30 years old. You sound like you are under 30. There were firing squads, executions and all sort under every military regime. That was the bane of military rule. It was not perculiar to Buhari. If you were over 30 years, I would have asked you tell me what the perception of Buhari was in 1990 and 2000. He was known to be a weak leader who hid in the shadow of his deputy. He was never a factor in all the major happenings then. When the June 12 saga was on, he was not a factor. When Nigeria was on the brink in 1998/1999, he was never a factor. He didnt make any input and nobody really cared what he said or did. I am actually surprised he has gained some relevance lately. He was nothing then. That shows the only thing that gave him some relevance recently was the quest by the North to wrest power.

Please tell me, if Buhari was powerful and loved by people, especially the North, why did they not fight for him in 2007 when he boldly claimed the election was rigged in favour of Yaradua? Fact: because he is nobody and only gained relevance this time around because the North wants power back. Period! That is why, as soon as he lost the presidential election, the North turned around and voted PDP governors because they dont do opposition. This is simple maths.

One thing I have come to learn and respect the North for is that they know what they want and they dont hide it. It is only in the south where people double speak because we have many traitors
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 28, 2011
I can see its still a huge challenge for you to discuss issues. Maybe you will improve one day. I will give you the benefit of a doubt and respond:

1. What was the immediate response that you referred to in the aftermath of 9/11? Invasion of IRAQ? The last time I checked. That still remains an unpopular decision with no WMD found.

first of all, you use osama as a yard stick, now you are cunningly shifting the goal post. now tell me , what was Johnathan's immediate response to october 1? what have his responses been since then - pray the bombers confess, we know who the bombes are, it is Nigeria's turn, it is our burden, it is uncalled for

this in addition to his shocking attempt to rope in dokpesi - i noticed how you skirted around the whole na we do am phone call saga.

Secondly that didnt stop terrorism, did it? So you think coming out to spout tough rhetoric will suffice as decisive action?

REALLY, how many successful attacks have we had since then on us soil?  EVERY WEEK, there is another bomb blast. what does that tell you, old man.

2. Who is Boko Aram? Can poor people buy bombs? Can poor people sponsor these kind of attacks? I dont think so. It is definitely backed by politicians! So why not arrest them? Simple, because you cant get any evidence against them because it is a terrorist group you are dealing with. They dont go to beer parlour to boast of their actions like armed robbers or kidnappers. They dont even talk to close friends and relatives.

in the words of gej, we know who the bombers are. your government has an SSS. or are they only good for arresting journalists. if a journalists publishes something against obj today, the SS will be knocking on his door tommorrow. but the people behind boko haram, behind murder, instability , death etal go about freely. what gives?

more to the point, we all saw those kd bombers maybe in your old and wise eyes those are rich folks. to date, their 'sponsors' are still free. nuff said

you also need to stop flip floppin one moment you say its al qaeda, the next you imply they are political figures. make up your mind.
3. No one has been brought to book? How do you bring people to book in terrorist situations? Osama was not discovered after 9/11. He has been known to be the head of al Qaeda long before 9/11. the leaders and structure of Al Qaeda were known long before 9/11. So saying they got information 2 weeks after the bombing is funny. The suicide bombers were simply traced from their flight records. That a simple thing to do. It actually didnt take 2 weeks. The hijackers were known the same day because they boarded the flight and their records were there. same way the Abuja UN bomber was identified. Thats the easy part. The hard part is knowing who sent them. In Al Qaeda's case, it was clear as Osama was dishing out video tapes everywhere.

i will remind you - your paymaster knows who the bomber are. i will also remind you that they are nigerians - so all this blather about a foreigner wont wash. timothy mcveigh if you dont remember because  you are going senile, bombed the oklahoma city building. he was caught in 96 hours.

and fyi, i am over 30, and i can remember the days of buhari well. WAI, something which progressives have tried though not with the same success to emulate. i also remember the 'brutality' of national sanitiation, another legacy that lives on in nigeria to this day. as for your barefaced lies about execution of armed robber and drug pushers being standard to any military administration - so how many were executed during the adminstration of ibb, under whom drug peddling and 419 flourished - who you are now rewriting as a tough guy rather than a cunning manipulator of men?

Very true statement because they have a national database! Did that ever occur to you? Also, they have a citizenry who would report the slightest movement of even an ant. Have you ever heard of anyone in Borno state coming out with information? In fact, they started calling on the government to leave their state alone. If you ever travel abroad, you would understand how security works. It is not just about the sophistication of the agencies but a lot rests on the cooperation of the citizens.

how can they, when the security forces are nothing more than thugs who do not inspire confidence. the only thing security ae good for in nigeria is protecting the likes of gej. report to them and you just may get roped in. if you wren't eating off gej's table, you would understand that.

Please tell me, if Buhari was powerful and loved by people, especially the North, why did they not fight for him in 2007 when he boldly claimed the election was rigged in favour of Yaradua? Fact: because he is nobody and only gained relevance this time around because the North wants power back. Period! That is why, as soon as he lost the presidential election, the North turned around and voted PDP governors because they dont do opposition. This is simple maths.

because of the same reason that boko haram germinated in the first place - the northern oligarchs like you love the status quo as it is. i know that to people like you it is the party in power who ar the somebodies, character , honesty etal do not matter. no matter how contemptible, incompetent r avaricous a perosn is, as long as he is in power, he is your idea of a 'somebody'. nuff said there.

with all due respect i would have loved to know if you are over 30 years old. You sound like you are under 30. There were firing squads, executions and all sort under every military regime. That was the bane of military rule. It was not perculiar to Buhari. If you were over 30 years, I would have asked you tell me what the perception of Buhari was in 1990 and 2000. He was known to be a weak leader who hid in the shadow of his deputy. He was never a factor in all the major happenings then. When the June 12 saga was on, he was not a factor. When Nigeria was on the brink in 1998/1999, he was never a factor. He didnt make any input and nobody really cared what he said or did. I am actually surprised he has gained some relevance lately. He was nothing then. That shows the only thing that gave him some relevance recently was the quest by the North to wrest power.

one can continue to ignore evil around you, to a point. but when i is clear that things will only get worse, even the most jaded and indifferent of men find their calling.

going by the inanity you are spouting, what can we say about gej, a person who is nothing more than a child of lucky circumstances. the same and more can be said about gej. he is a complete nonentity who has been thrust upon us, and only the likes of you who spam this forum with washed out propaganda can say otherwise
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 28, 2011
btw, you tell us buhari was weak because he had an effective deputy - so what would that make johnathan, a weakling surrounded by an army of incompetents - azazi, ringim and co ?
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dayokanu(m): 12:41am On Dec 28, 2011
[size=18pt]What happened to Dokpesi and IBB with the "Na we do am", "Lets meet at IBB campaign office" saga[/size]
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 12:49am On Dec 28, 2011
@oyb

It is pointless trying to reason with you. All you continue to spout is partisan stuff and then you try to throw some sort of bully tactics. Its an old propaganda trick but only works for the fainted hearted and ignorant. I will be happy if the country finally splits so we go our separate ways and see who survives and who drops.

Till then.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dayokanu(m): 1:03am On Dec 28, 2011
dmainboss:

@oyb

It is pointless trying to reason with you. All you continue to spout is partisan stuff and then you try to throw some sort of bully tactics. Its an old propaganda trick but only works for the fainted hearted and ignorant. I will be happy if the country finally splits so we go our separate ways and see who survives and who drops.

Till then.

Bros what happened to Dokpesi IBB and the "Na we do am" saga of October 1 2010

The govt claimed they knew ppl who bombed and Dokpesi and IBB were their sponsors

Why is it that Dokpesi and IBB are still free men after over 15months?
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 1:05am On Dec 28, 2011
dayokanu:

The govt claimed they knew ppl who bombed and Dokpesi and IBB were their sponsors

Please can you post any link where the government said that? I am very much interested in such a link. If you cant post that, then you are a partisan bigot!
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dayokanu(m): 1:11am On Dec 28, 2011
Just google Dokpesi + October 1 bombing

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/dokpesi-has-link-with-oct-1-bomb-blasts-sss/

ABUJA—The State Security Service, SSS, Tuesday,  told a Federal high court sitting in Abuja that Chief Raymond Dokpesi, the Director-General of the Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida Presidential Campaign Organisation was serially quizzed by its men because of unassailable evidence linking him to the October 1, 2010 bomb blasts in Abuja which claimed more than 10 innocent lives.

In related reports, Director General of the IBB 2011 Presidential Campaign Organization, Raymond Dokpesi was arrested and security sources reportedly said “we have obtained his cell phone records which showed his communication with the detained suspects and he has equally giving us useful information so we can run with that for now while we continue investigations.”

Dokpesi was interrogated by the security agencies following a revealing Short Message Service (SMS) text message allegedly sent to the Smartphone of one of the suspects in police custody, asking “if Dokpesi has paid the balance,” and another SMS “inviting another suspect to a meeting at the IBB campaign office.”
A source to Pointblanknews said, “this was said to have sent alarm signals across the nation’s security apparatus, since the suspect concerned is considered to be neck deep in the bombing plot.”

“It became more dramatic when another text sent to another suspect in our custody reads: ‘lets meet at IBB campaign office,’ this led to what is called security circles as ‘a high tech sting operation’ which in a matter of hours, has netted a wider ring of suspects”.

http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/10/henry-okah-ibb-and-dokpesi-responsible-for-october-1-bombing-and-president-accused-of-conspiracy/
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dayokanu(m): 1:21am On Dec 28, 2011
dmainboss:

Please can you post any link where the government said that? I am very much interested in such a link. If you cant post that, then you are a partisan bigot!

Mr partisan bigot, I am waiting for your further contributions
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dmainboss: 1:49am On Dec 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Mr partisan bigot, I am waiting for your further contributions

Indeed you are not only a bigot but a stu, pid one at that. Where in what you posted did the FG make a statement like the one you posted below?

dayokanu:

So if the SSS has a lead and they are trying to prove it in court, it is equivalent to an official statement from the FG? You are such a daft fellow and a partisan bigot!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. / Bandits Have Stopped Students From Schools, Farmers From Farms – Niger State Gov / Anambra Landlords Protest Killings, Destruction, Multiple Levies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.