Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:48 AM

Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! (17032 Views)

Pres. Jonathan Holds Private Meeting With Adeboye, Oyedepo / Obasanjo Spits Fire, Attacks Jonathan On Election Postponement / Update Of Jonathan's Visit: Adeboye, Oyedepo, Part Of Meeting With Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by futurehome: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
The truth is that most of you are neither christians or the other side.
you are only pagans so no i do not really blame you for talking about the Men of God like that.
If you can't contribute then don't constitute nuisance.
Dare to be real,
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by 9jaman007: 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
All powerful and merciful Father. You are the God of Justice, Love and peace, you rule over all the nations of the earth. Power and might are in your hands and no one can withstand you. We present our country Nigeria before you, we praise and thank you for you are the source of all we have and are.
We are sorry for all the sins we have committed and the good deeds we have failed to do. In your loving forgiveness, keep us safe from the punishments we deserved. Lord, we are weighed down not only by uncertainties but also by moral, economic and political problems. Listen to the cries of your people who confidently turn to you.
God of infinite goodness, our strength in adversity, our health in weakness, our comfort in sorrow. Be merciful, to us your people, spare this nation Nigeria from chaos, anarchy and doom. Bless us with your kingdom of Justice, Love and Peace. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Goldieluks: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
It is high time Christians fights back, because this boko haram rubbish is getting out of hand,
the moslems are always known to be piss takers,and it is high time these hooligans are dealt with severely ,FOOLS!
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Goshen360(m): 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
tjadeba:

[size=13pt]I want to ask :  Does God hate Nigeria? We pray ceaselessly in churches and mosques, we give tithes to pastors heavily, we offer in churches heavily, we do not touch God's annointed (pastors and imams), we bless the 'men of God' without holding back, we obey the 10 commandments more than any other nations in the world, we have more churches than any other country in the world.Yet there is no light,no road,no water,no sound education sector,low life expectancy due to appalling healthcare system,rising insecurity of lives and properties (boko haram,MEND,armed robbery) and there is no end in sight to all these anomalies

Does God like western countries? They have since turned all churches into pubs (beer parlours), they do not give tithes to pastors, they do not go to church,so there is no way they would give offerings,they do not obey most of the 10 commandments. Yet these countries have light, water,roads,good shelter,good health,sound education and all the basic things of life and there is still the vision to keep improving on all they have.

[b]My deductions from the above is that God does not ''make" a people based on their reverence of the so called men of God nor the number of tithes and offerings we give to our pastors. God simply 'makes' a nation based on the hardwork,vision and mission of the people. I see no reason why Nigerians have to take religion as the lifeline or panacea or solution to our present challenges.We should ask ourselves why the Western nations are forging ahead without religion and we are lagging behind.They brought the religion to us in the first place and must have reasons for abandoning it.

Would all these so called christians in Nigeria beleive that the Westerners give out more money than we even do? they donate billions (Pounds,Euros,Dollars) to charity every year and i think this is part of what God looks at rather than thinking that it is only when we 'donate' to our religious houses (Churches, mosques) that God would bless us.No amount of offering,tithes and defence of our 'men of God' will make our country of what we all dream of.The way we think in NIgeria takes us back, am sorry to say.[/size]
[/b]

GOD BLESS YOU. I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND WILL SAY IT AGAIN, BEFORE KINGDOMS AND NATIONS CHANGE, MEN (Including so called men of God, you, me, everybody) MUST CHANGE.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Obycity: 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2011
I think it's high time we start praying for our dear country.i don't buy the idea of slandering servants of God.HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PRAYED FOR THEM?
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Nchara: 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2011
These guys may be money-mongers but they have called a spade a spade here. They have laid the blame squarely where it belonged first: Boko Haram and their sponsors.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Jaideyone(m): 2:26am On Dec 29, 2011
Hercules u're a very big fool.
Why are you idiots attacking these men of God? They didn't call for open war they said they'ld do everything possible to protect the lives and properties of the church. They didn't say anything about attacking random muslims. What else do u expect them to do? The forum makes me sick at times
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by jmslimx(m): 2:47am On Dec 29, 2011
NO TIME NA TO CARRY GUN FACE THIS PEOPLE , WAT A RUBBISH , I DEY VEX, FUCKIN BOKI
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by WorshipMe: 4:44am On Dec 29, 2011
What if a meaner and nastier US President nuked 1 city in the north, to tell the Bokonuts that they face slaughter?

Why would a black african embrace an arab tribal deity? One study found that Christians seized 11 million black slaves, while arabs grabbed 17 million. But its worse. Most North American slaves survived, and many prosper. In contrast, most of those "abds" (n___ers) of the abdullahs, were butchered. The prettiest "household" slaves were used as body booty by the abdullash, and then murdered when he fancied another. Millions died that way. Males has even less rights; it was work or die.

Saud newspapers include adverts for "abds" which means both "slave" and the n-word. Africans should unite and march on mucca and muddina, laying waste to dhimmis and enslavers. This WHITE MAN will support you 100%. Be a proud AFRICAN and not a shameless dhimmi like the bokonuts who deserve a taste of napalm. Yah, BABY!
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Godkan: 8:51am On Dec 29, 2011
There is no doubt that pastor adeboye, orisejafor, and oyedepo represent selfishness, pride, arrogance in the christain community. The false doctrine daily fed to there members have come back to harm them. They have made themselves god to there congregation and appropriated there income to them selves promising them prosperity that will never come. They have made them to rely on the name jesus on every thing rather than thinking to solve there day to day problem. For example, they tell there followers, that no weapon fashoin against them shall prosper in jesus name. Now they are calling on the christain community to respond to the attack from the member of a sect boko harem. Then i ask my self what has happen to the noise about jesus protecing them by faith. Why do they move about with goverment security. I thought the angels of god are enough to protect them. Here lies the deciet. The question i often ask is if there is a religoius war as they are proposing, will they lead the war with there family, i guss not, they will take them to safty abode and allow there members to die. If truth must be told, this men don't have influnce in the christain community aside from there church. And therefore cannot speak on there behalf. The christains are fragmented wit diverse doctrine making it impossible for any one pastor to go beyound his domain, unlike the muslim that has the sultan of sokoto as its head. They should therefore emulate the sultan who has come out to say that the fight is between good and evil and not a religoius one.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by islamrules(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2011
Let me advice Oyedepo on 3 things he should be doing and not attacking Boko Haram.

Firstly he should stop collecting the tithes and offerings from the struggling masses.

Secondly he should sell all that he has including his Jets and give the money to the poor.

Thirdly he should stop lording it over the sheep of God but humble himself and lead them as a true shepherd.

What has ur personal proble got to do with Xtians security.
If you have any personal proble with Oyedepo, go meet him and sort it out.

Is ur money among those tithes paid. Stop paying ur poverty stricken money to Winners chapel.

Is anybody forcing you to pay tithe ?

We are talking about security, you are talking about tithe. Does that makes any sense ?

If it is xstians killing muslims, you will start ur madness and start jihad.

Despite all ur killings, xtian leaders are still urging xtians not to revenge.

Its good that xtians are not avenging. These boko-haram does not represent the muslims/northerners.

They want to trigger religion war and derail Jonathan government. This issue is political, but not religious or sharia.

But the worst part of it is, Jonathan is afraid of their sponsors.

Nigerians need to assasinate Jonathan.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by y2kaustin(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2011
Psalm 105:8
"Touch not my anointed ones,do my prophets no harm!"
See the case of Balaam, Even Balaam whom was hired to be paid confirmed it

Numbers 23:8
8  How can I curse whom God has not cursed?
How can I denounce whom the Lord has not denounced?

What has Tithe,offering and private jet got to do with this?shallow brains!, you guys keep shy away from the main issue,digressing and that is what is reflecting in the country.its mean these same people that are criticizing,men of God and so on,when given the opportunity to even be a GATE MAN(Security), they will fail woefully  ,
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by islamrules(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2011
There is no doubt that pastor adeboye, orisejafor, and oyedepo represent selfishness, pride, arrogance in the christain community. The false doctrine daily fed to there members have come back to harm them. They have made themselves god to there congregation and appropriated there income to them selves promising them prosperity that will never come. They have made them to rely on the name jesus on every thing rather than thinking to solve there day to day problem. For example, they tell there followers, that no weapon fashoin against them shall prosper in jesus name. Now they are calling on the christain community to respond to the attack from the member of a sect boko harem. Then i ask my self what has happen to the noise about jesus protecing them by faith. Why do they move about with goverment security. I thought the angels of god are enough to protect them. Here lies the deciet. The question i often ask is if there is a religoius war as they are proposing, will they lead the war with there family, i guss not, they will take them to safty abode and allow there members to die. If truth must be told, this men don't have influnce in the christain community aside from there church. And therefore cannot speak on there behalf. The christains are fragmented wit diverse doctrine making it impossible for any one pastor to go beyound his domain, unlike the muslim that has the sultan of sokoto as its head. They should therefore emulate the sultan who has come out to say that the fight is between good and evil and not a religoius one.

Mr anti-Christ or whatever ur name is,
Oyedepo and Co are not calling christians to go to war with muslims. They are telling them to defend themselves.
Do you have problem reading ?
Thats why u people (muslims) behave. You blew up world trade center and expected America to keep quiet.

ANd beside, there is nothing wrong in christian leaders calling on their followers to defend themselves. It is glaring that police/military are not capable. Vigilante style must now be adopted. And, that vigilante style does not mean they will be attacking or killing muslims/mosques.

I think the word "DEFEND" is comprehensible enough even for a primary 2 student. The word is used in the national plegde. "I plegde to Nigeria my Country, ". It is different from terrorize.

These christian leaders have being urging their followers not take law into their hands. Thats why they have being relying on Police for protection.

If christians are to defend, it is against boko-haram and not muslims.

Or are u saying, u muslims are supporting boko-haram ?

Christian leaders are not telling xtians to fight muslims, they telling them to defend against boko-haram. I think there is a difference between boko-haram and muslims. Kindly prove me wrong, if I am wrong.

I respect MEND for one thing. They threatened to attack muslims in Nija/delta, but they didnt do it bcuz, they realized that boko-haram issue is not religious, but political.
I think Sultan of sokoto and muslims should emulate MEND too.

On the angel of the Lord issue. I though you muslims pray to Allah for protection. Why didnt allah protect them in Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Syria ?
Ur post lacks logic.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Kx: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2011
This self defense they are preaching.

If a christian uses machetes, guns etc to defend himself when a bokoist attacks, and he kills the bokoist,
is that not murder which the BIBLE commands Thou shalt not kill?
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by y2kaustin(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2011
My people"PERISH" because they lack wisdom, GBAM!! cool cool lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by islamrules(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2011
This self defense they are preaching.

If a christian uses machetes, guns etc to defend himself when a bokoist attacks, and he kills the bokoist,
is that not murder which the BIBLE commands Thou shalt not kill?

So r u saying xtians dont deserve to live?
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by sniperwolf(m): 10:58am On Dec 29, 2011
Are they calling for religous war?
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by sniperwolf(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2011
How the hell will the christian community defend themselves without going to war with the Moslem. They are calling out for a religous war, of course they don't want to say it out. Or perhaps, they are talking about spiritual defence
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Kx: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2011
islamrules:

So r u saying xtians dont deserve to live?
Am simply saying christian should not commit murder in the process of self defense because the Bible commands not to commit murder.

Why would religious leaders make the christian faith a physical battle?

Ephesians 6;12:

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by islamrules(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2011
Am simply saying christian should not commit murder in the process of self defense because the Bible commands not to commit murder.

Why would religious leaders make the christian faith a physical battle?

That is a problem with you xtians (especially Nigerian xtians). You always want God to do everything for you.

Serve food on ur table, bath for you. You pray instead of working and thats why poverty is escalating.

Israel is not praying to God for defence. God has given man everything he needs for his survival. Thats why Israel is one of the highest seller of hi-tech weapons in the world.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by golamike: 11:47am On Dec 29, 2011
WHAT IS NAIRALAND TURNING INTO?
Pls peeps, let's be VERY careful of the comments we make here. For those of you that type all manner of rubbish about the Most High God and His servants, I PITY YOU! I don't know how comfortable some of you are typing these rubbish. I pray God forgives you, otherwise the repercussion is always DESTRUCTIVE.

PONDER ON THESE:

' Be not deceived; God is not mocked:

For whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. Here are some men and women who mocked God :

John Lennon (Singer):
 Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:

' Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain.

Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him ' (1966).
 Lennon, after saying tha[b]t the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):

During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.

Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

[/b]Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):

During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: ' God, that ' s for you. '

He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic
 After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be.

With an ironic tone he said:
 ' Not even God can sink it '

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic

Marilyn Monroe (Actress)

She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show.   He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.

After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said:

' I don ' t need your Jesus '
 A week later, she was found dead in her apartment

Bon Scott (Singer)

The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:

' Don ' t stop me; I ' m going down all the way, down the highway to hell '

On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.

Campinas (IN 2005)

In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend,

The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:

' My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You. '

She responded: ' Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here, It ' s Already Full '

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died,

the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer)
said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written.

In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus.

Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.

BEWARE!!! '
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by y2kaustin(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2011
@islamrules but Islam can never or will never rule, thats your own cup of tea.I think"islam" is just a way of life.your guys wash almost ten times daily.wonderful! thats good for the health keeping clean.Then you kneel doing the up and down movement with your fore head touching the ground.Nice one,cos you joints(knee,waist and shoulders) would always be flexible.  cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin, that's my take on islam,its not a religion.its a way of life.before your mohaameed  died,he said he didn't know where he was going after death.But Jesus Christ Authoritatively and convincingly says he is going to sit at the right hand of GOD.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by otokx(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2011
These so called christian leaders are a national embarrassment; their words which should have served as a balm for healing is quite the opposite.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by hercules07: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
Islam rules is not a muslim from his statement, to that idiot that called me a fool, back to sender.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by antartica(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2011
Christianity and islam are both forms of mental slavery.Africans that belongs to those two occultic sects are all mentally enslaved.They are fundamentally cursed to be stupi=d for eternity,hence the chaos in nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2011
The only weapon we have to fight is prayers. This so called pastors shouldn't miss lead us. Our Lord Jesus never fought back with swords and knives but prayers, even when peter attempted to use his weapon to fight back.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by stunna2(m): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2011
rotciv2011:

I had hoped to find some focused intellectual exchange on this thread, but as it almost always turns out, a lot of people seem to enjoy careless diversions. If owning a private jet is such an ish with you, why not hussle for your own? The topic does not warrant such insults as are being hurled around here.
And Stunna dear, the fact that you do not believe in God does not mean you should gain points by trying to ridicule Him. For your sake, my friend, never handle the supernatural the way you do science. You may never survive the consequences.

OH BOY, HERE WE GO AGAIN: EVERY SINGLE EFFORT ANY ONE OF YOU RELIGIOUS TYPES MAKE TO RESPOND TO MY OBJECTIONS TO UR WICKED AND DESTRUCTIVE LIVES IS ALMOST ALWAYS CENTERED AROUND SCARING ME INTO SUBMITTING!! SHAME, YOU SURE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT, NOW CAN'T YOU

if misfortune ever befalls me at some future date, im sure you will be too glad to help ur god take credit for it, right?? But who is now to take credit for the misfortune that have befallen the people whose misfortune happened in the very house of this ur god??

YOUR BIBLE SAYS THAT THERE IS THE SAME EVENTUALITY FOR ANIMALS AS WELL AS MAN 'as one dies so does the other' so, get it in ur knuckle head, if i were to die later today and i very much doubt it - it will not be god visiting misfortune on me because i have ridiculed him, your pastors and leaders in nigeria do that on a daily bases by disregarding his law of justice and they prosper with private jets and live in shameless luxury n god has not brought them to account, has he??

there is a fundamental fact of life that you can never ever offer as a gift or sacrifice to another, a property that isn't urs and my life belongs to me and me alone, therefor you or ur your wicked god has no power over it!

how could u possible wish harm to my life that u have no control over or in seach of ur intellectual conversations u over look this simple truth??

YOU COME HERE TO LOOK FOR PEOPLE WITH YOUR COSMOLOGY AND IF YOU CANT FIND ANY, YOU THINK EVERYONE IS SOMEHOW LESS INTELLIGENCE THAN U R?? FUNNY, we r not here to entertain u, but to discourse what r otherwise very difficult issues of life and death and if you do not bring god into this and the question and nature of his existence and the people who claim to talk to him and represent him and as a result live in opulence, when can we or do we?? smh
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by Samsamy: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
Clearly the statements by the Pastors are not associated with the gospel of peace, rather "calling for a war". sad! however, people of Nigeria, Christianity is not all about prosperity and wealth acquisition. beneath Christianity is the cross, which has to do with suffering and perseverance. Also, there is more to Christianity than reading, quoting and interpreting the Bible to suit our tests. Christianity has more to do with living-out the true life of the gospel. " if anyone loves me he should deny himself, take up his cross and follow me". If everyone were leaving a life of self denial, there would be no quarrels among people, there would be peace and tranquility if everyone were not seeking his own good. I was expecting the high Priests to sign the statements as well, why didn't they sign, I mean the 'Theologians', the chief Shepherds, the Bishops, I mean the Catholic Bishops, why didn't they sign, or are they not members of CAN? The situation in our country is not too big for God to handle. God is capable of doing all things, He knows Christians in Nigeria are not save with the Boko Haram sect, He has his reasons for allowing these for now, and will take all problems away at the time he dims fit, So, man's intervention may only cause more bombs. Good men of God, please change your topic of sermons to fit the current situation, because 'prosperity gospel' can not help the situation now. Remember, our Lord Jesus Christ commanded Peter to return his sword to it's case. " anyone who carries the sword, dies by the sword". Let us wait for the will of God to be done in our country. Any Christian who advocates for war or retaliation at this moment is not representing Christ and His gospel well, and off course doubts the omnipotence of God.

Please pardon, if I have offended any pastor with this post, but I think that's the only thing I can say. Sorry! Happy new year in advance.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by rotciv2011(m): 1:05am On Dec 30, 2011
Stunna, I usually do not find myself in the habit of responding to comments that may lead to arguments, especially when they become deflections from the main thing. But I think there's a misunderstanding here. No one wishes you dead as you claim, neither is anyone trying to frighten you (although your last post reeks of so much fright already). As much as you struggle to sound like a liberal thinker, there are still tons of ideas that lie beyond the comprehension of your human brain my dear. You don't just spew anything out here because it's a virtual world. If I don't believe in religion, that does not give me the right to make a caricature of it in public. By insulting God and casting aspersions on pastors for the mere fact that they collect offerings in church, how do you intend to enhance a discussion on innocent lives being wasted by terrorists? If you have any tangible reason to diss these men (which I strongly doubt), then let's have it someplace else.
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by edoreedore(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2011
Page shown from here. Go to page 1 Zoom out

WEDNESDAY, 20 APRIL 2011

10 Reasons Why Hausa Nigerians Riot

Northern Nigeria has a long history of religious and ethnic violence, with Hausa/Muslim men the main perpetrators.

In 2002 the Miss World Contest was relocated from Abuja, Nigeria to London because of violent deaths as Hausa-Muslims protested against the competition; in 2005 200 people
were killed in Northern states after a Dutch newspaper published cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad; In 2007 a Christian teacher was burnt alive by Muslim students after rumours spread that she had dropped the Qur'an, and in 2011 houses were burnt and people killed by angry Hausa/Muslim protesters following the election victory of Southern President Goodluck Jonathan instead of the Northern presidential candidate
Muhammadu Buhari.

Rioting Youths in Kano

So are Hausas too aggressive? Does Islam promote violence? Here are 10 reasons why I think there is so much unrest in the North.

1. Easygoing But Serious-Minded

As stated in my previous post 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausas in the UK, Hausas are primarily laid-back people who are more reserved than the exuberant Southerners. But though they have calm personalities, they are very serious-minded about honour and religion. They are easy to get along with but the one thing they never joke about Islam.

2. Strict Nature of Islam

The fact that most Hausas are Muslims also explains their serious personalities and inability to compromise. Islam, as opposed to Christianity, is very strict about its customs which have to be fully obeyed without excuse. Whereas not every Christian fasts for Lent or covers their head when they pray, and Christianity tolerates criticism and casual observance from its followers, Muslim leaders demand total obedience and questioning authority is highly discouraged.

So as Islam has been a major influence in Hausa communities for centuries, it has shaped the Hausa man's strictness and intolerance of dissent. This intolerance is also evident in other Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan where other religions are surpressed.

3. Religious Leaders

The Imams in the Hausa community have a lot of power in influencing the way the people think. But certain Imams, armed with the knowledge that their people are highly intolerant of Islamic disrespect, often provoke Hausa youths to violence to further their own political or economic interests. Most Hausas never even saw the Dutch cartoons, but at the instigation of their Imams they committed murder when told that so-and-so insulted the Prophet.

The Qur'an

4. Lack of Family

The culture of poor Hausa parents sending their young sons off to Islamic boarding schools miles from their homes is a major factor to the prevalence of millions of unsupervised youths (

Almajiris) terrorising the streets of Northern Nigeria. These youths grow up with no parental care and are desolate, desperate and unskilled. The lack of moral guidance coupled with the neglect and abuse from their Imams (the kids have to beg for food and money) leaves the almajiris suseptible to criminal activities including murder and vandalism.

5. Islamic Education

Hausa-Muslims despise state education (which they deem western and Christian) and insist on only an Islamic education for their youth, which isolates them from other Nigerians (and the world) in terms of understanding science, maths, writing and other information vital to knowing how the world works. The singular curriculum of a Qur'anic education not only blinds almajiris to universal truths but also disables their ability to deal efficiently in the professional and business arena, and so they remain poor and dependant on Imams who use their ignorance and idleness for violence.

6. Lack of Jobs

A Hausa man with a full time job does not have the time to riot. But many Hausa youths are just as jobless as their Southern counterparts and they can be paid or easily pushed to violence in relation to their religion because Islam is all they know and all they have.

7. Pack Mentality

The Hausa/Fulanis are less likely to inter-marry or mingle with other ethnicities in Nigeria, which means that they remain closely-knit and fiercely defensive of their culture; when you attack one you attack all. The mixture of views and backgrounds in the South makes it harder for people there to come together under one ideology, but the unambiguity of Islam and cultural cohesiveness of the Hausas makes it easier for them to unite to defend their religion.

8. Religion vs Money

Hausas are more religion-conscious than money-conscious. They would rather be thought of as good Muslims than rich men. That is why religious disrespect (also linked to cultural honour) is the only thing that will bring a Hausa man to shout in the streets, whereas in areas like the

Niger Delta it is the desire for more oil wealth that gets the youths rioting.

9. Ethnic divisions

The difference between Hausa/Fulanis and other Nigerians is more pronounced because of the influence of Islam. Whereas Yorubas, Igbos and other ethnicities in Nigeria share Christianity, language origins and cultural similarities, the Hausa/Fulanis are distinct, which means issues are easily turned into an 'us' vs 'them' situation.

10. Christianity vs Islam

The New Testament emphasises love for your neighbour, and the statement by Jesus that if someone wrongs you 'turn the other cheek' is well known amongst Christians and non-Christians so that violence is discouraged. But Islam is more tolerant about fighting for your religion ("Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it" Surah 2:216), and the concept of jihad, infidels and matyrdom leading to paradise is encouraged by Imams.

Islam is also male-dominated and women are separated so that their gentler influence on the religion is absent, as opposed to Christianity where it is often the mother that exemplifies the religion and women fill the church.

?SOLUTION?

Ex-British Prime Minister Tony Blair once said the UK's main objective should be:

"Education, Education, Education"

It is also true for Northern Nigeria. I know Hausa men whose natural inclination towards intolerance has been quelled by mainstream education or Christianity. Education elevated the primitive, barbaric and superstitious European into reasoned men who instituted laws based on fairness and justice and not an ancient book, and it can do the same for Northerner
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by stunna2(m): 8:21am On Dec 31, 2011
rotciv2011:

Stunna, I usually do not find myself in the habit of responding to comments that may lead to arguments, especially when they become deflections from the main thing.
THIS IS DUMB BECAUSE TALKING ABOUT THE VIOLENCE OF RELIGIOUS TYPES AND THEIR MISERABLE LIVES THAT R FAR REMOVED FROM THOSE OF THEIR TEACHERS THAT FLEECE THEM AND LIVE IN OPULENCE IS NOT A DEFLECTION!

But I think there's a misunderstanding here. No one wishes you dead{And Stunna dear, the fact that you do not believe in God does not mean you should gain points by trying to ridicule Him. For your sake, my friend, never handle the supernatural the way you do science. You may never survive the consequences.} as you claim, neither is anyone trying to frighten you (although your last post reeks of so much fright already). As much as you struggle to sound like a liberal thinker, there are still tons of ideas that lie beyond the comprehension of your human brain my dear.{You may never survive the consequences} You don't just spew anything out here because it's a virtual world.{You may never survive the consequences}

[[[PLEASE TRY AND MAKE SENSE OF THE STUPID PARAGRAPH ABOVE AS THEY R ALL FROM YOU]]]

ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU SOUND DUMB HERE BECAUSE IF YOU R SPEAKING FOR THIS GOD OF URS; HE IS ALL KNOWING AND THEREFOR KNOWS WHERE I LIVE AND CAN USE HIS POWERS TO DIRECT YOU AND HIS PASTORS TO HARM ME!! SO, HAHA AT THE VERY IDEA OF A VIRTUAL WORLD WHEN THIS GOD OF URS IS SUPPOSEDLY OMNIPOTENT!!!

AND PLEASE STOP, AS U SOUND DUMB TALKING ABOUT MY HUMAN BRAIN - IM NOT ONE OF UR CHURCH GOERS, IS YOUR PASTORS BRAIN NOT HUMAN?? LOLZ, IT DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS,

If I don't believe in religion, that does not give me the right to make a caricature of it in public. [/b]YOU SOUND DUMB HERE BCAUSE RELIGION IS THE CAUSE OF THE DEATH OF DOZENS OF NIGERIANS WHICH IS WHY THIS THREAD IS OPENED, HELLO??

[b]By insulting God and casting aspersions on pastors for the mere fact that they collect offerings in church, how do you intend to enhance a discussion on innocent lives being wasted by terrorists?
YOU SOUND DUMB HERE SINCE YOU SHAMELESSLY DENY THE RELIGIOUS ROLE IN THESE ACTS OF TERROR WE ARE HERE DISCOURSING

If you have any tangible reason to diss these men (which I strongly doubt), then let's have it someplace else. NO, YOU SOUND DUMB HERE, BECAUSE THERE IS A DIRECT LINK BETWEEN RELIGION AND THE KILLINGS AND HERE AND NOW IS THE TIME AND PLACE TO TALK ABOUT THE ROLE PASTORS AND IMAMS PLAY IN THE VICIOUS DESTRUCTIVE ACTIVITIES OF THEIR MEMBERS N IT'S DUMB NOT TO BE ABLE TO SEE THIS!

IM TRYNA BE A LIBERAL THINKER AND WHAT R U TRYING TO BE? DEFENDING THAT WHO IS ALL POWERFUL AND DOES NOT NEED YOU TO DEFEND HIM OR IT'S THE PASTORS U R HERE TO SPEAK FOR?

WHEN U GET UR HEAD OUT OF UR ASS FOR ONE SECOND AND THINK LIBERAL OR OTHERWISE FOR ONCE, YOU WILL REALIZE ONE SIMPLE THING EVERYONE HERE ALREADY KNOW: YOU R NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON ON NL EVEN THOUGH YOU THINK YOU R!
Re: Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! by WorshipMe: 2:51am On Jan 02, 2012
I ORDER everyone here to NOT quote John Lennon, "give peace a chance." Why? First, I am smarter than you. second, war is the solution to aggressive islam, and its fanatic muz hordes. The US alone has over 10,000 nukes dusting away on shelves. I say: USE THEM. There hasn't been enough killing in the war against islamic terror. I say:

WAR IS THE SOLUTION; ARMED PEACE IS THE PROBLEM; DON'T LEAVE THE ENEMY WITH EVEN A BULLET TO BITE ON.

Thank me profusely.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arewa Pastors Visit President Buhari (Photos) / My Heart Was With Buhari In 2015 Elections – Akpabio / Another Nigerian Arrested For Trafficking Heroin In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.