Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,014 members, 7,946,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:22 PM

Boko Haram: Can President Oritsejafor Talks Tough - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Can President Oritsejafor Talks Tough (933 Views)

Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General / Buhari Talks Tough: Saraki Angry, Oyegun & Dogara Smile At APC NEC Meeting (Pics / Caption This Photo Of CAN President Oritsejafor & New Delta Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Can President Oritsejafor Talks Tough by shadrach77: 12:26am On Dec 29, 2011
National President, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor says that the Christmas Day bombing and the series of other attacks in northern Nigeria is a grand design to Islamise the nation.

Ayo Oritsejafor, CAN President
Responding to the Christmas Day attacks in different parts of the country which left hundreds of worshippers dead, Oritsejafor warned that what is happening in the nation was in fulfilment of the agenda to Islamise Nigeria.
According to him, Nigeria must brace up to face the truth that “there is a grand design to islamise the nation, and that is why Christian leaders would soon meet to address the issue frontally once and for all.
“Doubting Thomases should go back to history to find out how Egypt, Libya and most of the North African nations became Islamic countries.”
The CAN president therefore voted for a sovereign national conference to determine the future of the Nigerian project, saying “I don’t care what name you call it but definitely we cannot continue like this. Every day, I receive calls from pastors who are daily being denied their inalienable rights to worship their God and somebody will pacify me that the Nigerian problem is political and not religious.”
Oritsejafor, who was sad over the Christmas carnage said: “I am extremely angry. This is a barbaric and most uncivilised action of human beings in a civilised world. Even animals have respect for each other. It is inhuman. It is barbaric. It is satanic.”
“I wonder why certain characters are sponsoring these acts of violence against fellow human beings and go home without any feeling of guilt. I am not talking of people who are hired to carry out the dastardly acts but those who sponsor them. So, these people go home, eat and probably have children who they play with in their homes.
“Let us not deceive ourselves, as good as religion is, it can be a terrible thing because it is only religion that can give a man the conviction to do this kind of thing. It is incredible. Christmas is a day when over 80 million Nigerians join billions of fellow Christians across the globe to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Wouldn’t you just respect that?
“I don’t think anybody who cannot respect such a sacred date will have any respect for human life. It is totally barbaric and unacceptable. I am short of words to describe how I feel, because I finished the first service in my church and came to the office when I began to receive calls from different parts of the country of the shocking news of the attacks.
The cleric said he did not believe that the worsening insecurity situation in the country had ethnic colouration, adding that the reasons behind the attacks go beyond the election of President Goodluck Jonathan from a minority tribe in the country.
“When you talk about northern elders not being happy about the election of President Jonathan, what about northern elders who are not Muslims? Are they also sad that Jonathan is president? I don’t think so. There is a section in the North that is not happy and that is where we are not bold enough to face the truth. The truth is that, it is not the North that is not happy; it is a section of the North that is not happy.
“It is a segment of northern elders that are not happy with the election of President Jonathan; and some people will now say that I am inciting people; but these are the truths.”
Oritsejafor said Christian leaders would soon convene a meeting of all denominational leaders to review the security situation in the country and fashion an appropriate response to the menace of terrorism by the Islamic fundamentalist group known as Boko Haram.
He urged Nigerians to be patient and await the outcome of the parley of Christian leaders, which, according to him, will hold very soon, saying that the meeting is expected to address current sectarian violence across the northern part of the country.
—Kazeem Ugbodaga
Re: Boko Haram: Can President Oritsejafor Talks Tough by drstan(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2011
Nice move, turn dis country to islamic country? God 4bid,
Re: Boko Haram: Can President Oritsejafor Talks Tough by freecocoa(f): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2011
Nice, but all the speeches won't change nothing if we(they) don't stand up and do something about the situation,although i have to agree with him that not all northerners are against GEJ's presidency,we all know those who are.
Re: Boko Haram: Can President Oritsejafor Talks Tough by 1025: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2011
i am a christain and i am from imo state. it is important the CAN president revisit his comments before now on political issues. he has been more of jonathan's spokesman than CAN president.
if the truth be told, there can never be a true peace without justice.
before the menace of boko haram, we have been facing the menace of the so-called politicians who are hell bent on stealing almost everything that belongs to the country.
how can a particular group of ppl continue coming back as ministers year in, year out yet have nothing to show for it?
why will corruption be part of our govt with no single politician in jail?
why is our CAN president silent to the crimes of our so-called christian presidents and politicians?
no matter our positions in our various religions, God will judge us individually at the end of the day.
the real solutions of this country lies in aso rock and not in boko haram because before boko haram, there were other groups and after boko haram, there will still be other groups but one thing has been constant here which is CORRUPTION.
CAN and other great men of God and church leaders must stand up in the open against these evil men who hide under christianity and perpetuate evil and hardship on the innocent citizens of this rich country.
how can a man(bode george) that stole public funds and got jailed be celebrated inside the church yet CAN did not say anything.
if we call ourselves christians, we must live our lives like Christ and not like satan.
we can't point to portion of the Bible where Christ supported criminals or those who steal public funds rather he will tell them the truth in the open.
i am not supporting boko haram for now but if in future they will change their targets to these top policriminals, definitely i will join them because i am a fan of whatever will bring down these egyptians holding unto our blessings as a pupil.
the Bible showed us rulers like herold, pharoh, nebuccadenezza and their likes that suffered destruction and anger of God and i can reliably tell u today that our so-called rulers in nigeria are not better than those men and have done more than they did and as such deserve worse punishments than those kings.
with or without the CAN president, i am well convienced in my mind that God's anger is not far from these devilish generations of rulers.

(1) (Reply)

Silverbird's Ben Bruce's Subsidy Proposal / Fg Asks Workers To Resume-our Fg Is A Joker / Why Are We Doing This Now? By Ben Bruce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.