Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,203 members, 7,933,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:24 PM

Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? (8181 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / Retired Soldier Sets Self On Fire In Agege Lagos / Teen Kill Self Cos Parents Refused To Build Toilet. Can This Happen In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by velo10: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2011
One of his friends on facebook confirmed his demise. Facebook doesn't put dates to friendships. That friendship could as well as been made on the 25th.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by freecocoa(f): 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2011
How are we sure he's dead?is he missing or what?
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2011
sleekymag:

d guy's not dead joor. recent activities on his page says he just made some new friends. Moreover, his comments on many of his pictures, shows he sometimes talks anyhow, blaspheming sef in one instance. May God help him!
See Nigerians, do you know what it means to get depressed to the point of being suicidal? You loose hope in everything, read his story, he lost every thing and felt God was far away, he didnt get there in one day. Am sure at one point he must have believed in God but the way we only preach here and dont show love he may have lost his faith.
In US, every small church has a soup kitchen so at least pple will have places to get a meal, not so here even with all our churches
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by velo10: 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
debrief08:

See Nigerians, do you know what it means to get depressed to the point of being suicidal? You loose hope in everything, read his story, he lost every thing and felt God was far away, he didnt get there in one day. Am sure at one point he must have believed in God but the way we only preach here and dont show love he may have lost his faith.
In US, every small church has a soup kitchen so at least pple will have places to get a meal, not so here even with all our churches

You're right. Our churches need to show more charity.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2011
I suspect every Nigerian out there knows what it means to be depressed. Only many are too conceited to admit weakness, or even realize that it is part of what makes them humans.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Mobinga: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2011
sleekymag:

d guy's not dead joor. recent activities on his page says he just made some new friends. [/b]Moreover, his comments on many of his pictures, shows he sometimes talks anyhow, blaspheming sef in one instance. May God help him!

No. [b]He sent
friend requests that were just accepted.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by sleekymag(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
debrief08:

Ijogz K:

You guyz should go to his wall, and u wuld discover that he updated his status 2ce after he declared himself dead. I even sent a message to his best female friend. Abigail who confirmed that he ain't serious

velo10:

One of his friends on facebook confirmed his demise. Facebook doesn't put dates to friendships. That friendship could as well as been made on the 25th.

Well, it could go either ways, he could actually have committed suicide, or he could still be alive. You are right with d friendship thing not having dates though, those friends he added seemed to be around that day 25th or just before. Depression is something that affects people, but one needs to turn to God when all else fails. It is well!
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by tpia5: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2011
Sounds like a publicity stunt imo.

Plenty of such cases on the web, and as usual, get hyped by "interested observers" who are actually propagandists just trolling all over the place for whatever reason.

Like isaid, the book i'm currently reading has a plotline where a man fakes suicide to avoid his creditors (who he ripped off btw).

If my comment annoys you, feel free to join your friend who is the subject of the thread.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by rekeson: 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2011
tpia@:

Sounds like a publicity stunt imo.

Plenty of such cases on the web, and as usual, get hyped by "interested observers" who are actually propagandists just trolling all over the place for whatever reason.

Like isaid, the book i'm currently reading has a plotline where a man fakes suicide to avoid his creditors (who he ripped off btw).

If my comment annoys you, feel free to join your friend who is the subject of the thread.

Good u know u are sounding annoying
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Outstrip(f): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2011
Somebody is struggling with life and rather than give him clear guidance people were telling him he needs deliverance. Why won't he kill himself. People need to understand that all they need to succeed is them and all they also need to fail is in them. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by tpia5: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
Does anyone have any evidence he actually died?

If so, then the thread title should be "Man follows through on prior threat to kill himself".

And if people were aware he threatened to kill himself, what efforts did they make to reach out to him and why are they suddenly opening threads saying he said he would kill himself.

Lame storyline imo.

Not well thought out at all.

Anyway, will check the link later. Cant open it now.

All the goats wey dey follow my posts everywhere, more grass to your snouts.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by rekeson: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
Now u are beginning 2 sound like a mørøn. Quit reading dose rubish u call books
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by tpia5: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2011
^More grass to your snout.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by tpia5: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by melodyirish(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
grin for nija person dey beg to die? No wahala go die naa, since u believe dat theres no God
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by ginas: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
believe me,
the issue of attempted suicide is a serious issue among the  nigerian youth today. most especially among millions and millions of the graduates that are roaming the streets jobless.
don't ever think because its not your case it should be the same for everyone. what our prayers should be is that "may we never find ourselves in situations that will make us attempt suicide"
you may find it difficult to believe that  one or more of your  friends, family member or close relative have attempted suicide atleast more than once.
you will never know because they will never let it out. (its like the stigma attached to AIDS victims)
i have been with a couple of friends that i have really admire and wish i could have their lives, not until they open up on the kind of things they have attempted.
i as a person have attempted suicide twice some years past before i gained admission into the university, but know body outside will ever know because its a strictly family issue, and no one will ever let it out.
the courage to attempt suicide comes at the peak of depression that often last for many months and maybe a few years without any serious intervention.
but for me today i have overcome,
for others that are in the struggle,
you are the key to your healing  and revival,
learn to resist depression at all times,
never keep it to yourself for too long  because it will destroy you eventually
let it out to people that can help you   get through it
because there is so much in life to enjoy
and may God be with you. Amen
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
Is he dead now ? Abeg if he's not,i need to see him so he can help me deliver messages to some people in heaven and hellfire.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by supaeagles(m): 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2011
oh no, a huge inheritance belonging to the lad was just discovered!
Oh well, one man's loss is another's gain!! smiley
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
Here;s hoping he did not go through with it.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Select(m): 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2011
Really hoping he didn't do it!!!
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by soloqy: 4:27am On Dec 30, 2011
Ok, he wanted to commit suicide but first publicized it on Facebook?

People who dont have money to spare for internet access(as he even has funds to use the internet), abound everywhere so what 'tremendous hunger' drove him to this?

Please, I sympathize with people who are killed by evil people like Boko Haram and people who die of deseases they didnt create.

I have no room to sympathize with this(Thats if this is not a stunt as I seriously suspect).
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by reagand200(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2011
I did confirm his Demise from a mutual friend with initial E.A.
In her word :"Dat xmas day,he send me a bd message
Nd ask me wht type of sleep drugs wil he take
I told him i dnt knw
So i ask him wht is wrong with him
He said his head
So i told him 2 buy panador extra
After taking it he should rest
2 words in d evening he started send bad messages
So i cal him,bt he didnt pick my cal
So i send him text message 2 encourage him
No reply
I cal nd cal,nobody is pick my cal
Til 26
I waz stil calin nobody pick
So around 6 in d evening i waz veing bad feeling
I cal
Den his sister pick nd told me he is dead
I shouted
So my dear dat is it
Even d guy dat stay with him travel 2 d village"

According to her, he hanged himself.
Well, i think with this affirmation from a mutual friend to the man, the speculation can be put to a rest.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by sniperwolf(m): 8:45am On Dec 30, 2011
Silly
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Ivynwa(f): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2011
His facebook page has comments that showed that he did this, one of his friends that he sent last greetings to by name Nehi made a comment there asking why nobody told him about that post, that he would have called on his family to come and take him to be with them.

I suspect he was spending Xmas alone and got enveloped with loneliness coupled with his depressed state of mind. I noticed that he allowed a negative lie into his lines of thoughts----one should not confess negatively like believing and confessing the way he did that "he fails in everything he sets his hands on". It is a very negative thinking and when you allow such thoughts, it keeps proving itself in your life. I have met somebody that confesses that too and even went visiting a prayer house that told him that his mother wants to kill him. I did my best to dissuade that person from living in negativity.

This is sad sad saddening, we don't know him yet one can't help feeling sad the way this played out.
Let us be positive minded and keep sharing love to people we meet in the struggle to survive.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by tpia5: 9:51am On Dec 30, 2011
Sounds like a windup.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2011
I wonder why people thought someone like the guy cannot do it.
Did you read dailies on boxing day out a middle aged man that hanged himself on a tree early morning around marina, lagos island or about a man in igando area last month that wrote a letter to police, his pastor and his landlord and send his pregnant wife to deliver the message but before her arrival took his own life and giving the reasons in the letter? People are frustrated in nigeria. Many people you see around are a very frustrated but on that note doent mean one should kill him/herself
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by ifeci: 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2011
People are really turnining into cowards in Nigeria. I read through this guys reasons & it doesn't make sense. Challenges are what builds great men, check the stories of most succesful pple& u will see that at various points in their lives, they were in a terrible situation. God's ways are not the ways of man, He has his way of building us to be strong, take for example the story of the isrealites, who says that God could not have cleared away their enemies and make their transition smooth to Cannan? but he was building them to fight battles and be strong in the face of their enemies. The reason we pass through difficulties is so that we will be strong in the face of challenges&handle them with experience. We shouldn't allow situations define us rather we should define situations and determine the impact they have on us. If you think your situation is worse,go out there and hear other peoples worst stories and i bet you, you will thank God for your own Situation.

The man with no shoes complained until he met the man with no feet.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by muyete(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hello Nairalanders let no one trouble your emeotions.

The guy is not dead. He still accepted a friendship request from one "Fanta Jaycn" and two other people at 7:40pm yesterday. So what is all these hullablos!
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by tpia5: 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2011
Please help me ask those two scammers who were following me around on the thread.

Couple of goats- who did they think they were fooling.

Awon hackers oshi.

They were probably among the people who engineered the whole thing.

God punish devil.
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by shadrach77: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2011
muyete:

The guy is not dead. He still accepted a friendship request from one "Fanta Jaycn" and two other people at 7:40pm yesterday. So what is all these hullablos!
how are you sure it wasn't someone accepting his request rather than him accepting someone's request?
Re: Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? by houvest: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2011
muyete:

I think the guy is dead judging from the comments of those who know him on his fb page

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Awolowo's Letter Of Resignation To Yakubu Gowon. / 2023: Can PDP Bounce Back? / Secession: Sunday Igboho Releases Oduduwa National Currency, 'fadaka' (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.