Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,169 members, 7,880,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi (844 Views)

Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by Nchara: 2:08am On Dec 30, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011

S'East to benefit from planned refineries, says Ben Obi

From Chuks Collins, Awka

MORE light has been shed on government's plans to establish three new refineries in Kogi, Lagos and Bayelsa States, with assurance that more parts/zones in the country would benefit, including the South East geopolitical zone, soon.

advertisement
Opt out

This was disclosed in Awka yesterday by President Goodluck Jonathan's aide on Inter-Party Relations, Chief Ben Obi.

Speaking on the proposed new refineries and the removal of petroleum subsidy, Obi urged Nigerians to see government's programmes on their merit rather than from sectional, zonal or other divisive perspectives.

The new refineries, he said "were to be wholly private sector-driven, and the one for Bayelsa was to be sited at Oloibiri, the location where the first oil well was discovered in Nigeria.

He said Kogi plays a very central role geographically in the nation's affairs, same as Lagos in terms of commerce and industry too.

He therefore called for calm and understanding, assuring that the project which is coming in phases would in the next phase be extended to other zones in the country especially the South East.

Obi who condemned the recent spate of bombings in parts of the country, admitted that it was worrisome, but added that there would be a change in terms of security in the coming year.

"You can see that most of the suspects behind the recent bombings have been apprehended. Our security agencies are working round-the-clock to tackle the challenge, bring the situation under total control and keep citizens safe. The various arms of government have carried out a progressive training and retraining of all security officers.

On the subsidy issue, Obi appealed to Nigerians to give Jonathan a chance, because he has given his word of honour on it.

"In the past such packages come without any working document of all issues involved or what and where to channel the proceeds and why, but the present administration has put the whole cards on the table for all to see," he said.
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by Nchara: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2011
I guess the government has issues with communication hence the lack of clarification that the refinery construction will be in phases.
I do not expect Nigeria to be able to build 6 refineries simultaneously to cover the 6 zones.
SE just has to wait for the second round- that is if the first round ever gets going.

The criteria for selecting Lagos, Lokoja and Bayelsa are obvious

Lokoja = North
Lagos= South
Bayelsa = GEJ's state (jara for south grin grin grin grin grin).

Like the Yoruba, the millions of Igbos in Lagos will benefit from that refinery in terms of jobs and fuel source (yes, it is a fed project not an Yoruba one)
Then the SE refinery will be mainly Igbo-dominated grin grin grin grin grin grin grin (yes because we have more oil than Yoruba)
Now the NL bigots (who were ignorantly mocking the SE) can die a second death.
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by Obiagu1(m): 2:20am On Dec 30, 2011
Second round in 2025?
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by aljharem3: 2:21am On Dec 30, 2011
Nchara:

I guess the government has issues with communication hence the lack of clarification that the refinery construction will be in phases.
I do not expect Nigeria to be able to build 6 refineries simultaneously to cover the 6 zones.
SE just has to wait for the second round- that is if the first round ever gets going.

The criteria for selecting Lagos, Lokoja and Bayelsa are obvious

Lokoja = North
Lagos= South
Bayelsa = GEJ's state (jara for south grin grin grin grin grin).

Like the Yoruba, the millions of Igbos in Lagos will benefit from that refinery in terms of jobs and fuel source (yes, it is a fed project not an Yoruba one)
Then the SE refinery will be mainly Igbo-dominated grin grin grin grin grin grin grin (yes because we have more oil than Yoruba)
Now the NL bigots (who were ignorantly mocking the SE) can die a second death.

claim down, To tell you the truth. Yoruba people don't really care. I see no reason for you turning a national development into an ethnic thing at the first place. Those Yoruba people gloating were saying it because of the rubbish like of u were posting around about GEJ disfavouring the SW region.

No one cares, Infact let Igbos be the workers for all the 4 refineries, I for one would be glad as far as it works well. I don;t care and I bet you 149 millions of Nigerians don't care either.

So, chill we as a people are all in this mess of a nation together nwanne.
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by Nchara: 2:26am On Dec 30, 2011
alj_harem:

claim down, To tell you the truth. Yoruba people don't really care. I see no reason for you turning a national development into an ethnic thing at the first place. Those Yoruba people gloating were saying it because of the rubbish like of u were posting around about GEJ disfavouring the SW region.

No one cares, Infact let Igbos be the workers for all the 4 refineries, I for one would be glad as far as it works well. I don;t care and I bet you 149 millions of Nigerians don't care either.

So, chill we as a people are all in this mess of a nation together nwanne.

Fukc off, you two-faced bst. This was in response to the Yoruba-led taunts that Igbos were excluded from the project. I chose not to comment on that post and am doing so now. Do you have selective amnesia?
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by Nchara: 2:27am On Dec 30, 2011
Obiagu1:

Second round in 2025?

You are not even sure the first round will start before 2025. NO BE NAIJA AGAIN? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by aljharem3: 2:30am On Dec 30, 2011
Nchara:

Fukc off, you two-faced bst. This was in response to the Yoruba-led taunts that Igbos were excluded from the project. I chose not to comment on that post and am doing so now. Do you have selective amnesia?

i can't remember any yoruba taunting u or SE apart from ME alj harem and that is why I am telling you why I said that. So again relax, Igbos would control the whole refinaries anyway so why the stress undecided
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by Nchara: 2:33am On Dec 30, 2011
alj_harem:

i can't remember any yoruba taunting u or SE apart from ME alj harem and that is why I am telling you why I said that. So again relax, Igbos would control the whole refinaries anyway so why the stress undecided

Liar. Will you apologize if we show that many Yorubas (not just you) taunted the Igbo on that project? Do you want me to pull up that thread and disgrace you?
Re: S'east To Benefit From Planned Refineries, Says Ben Obi by koruji(m): 3:05am On Dec 30, 2011
Snake oil in abundance. Yeah, refineries will appear auto-magically out of thin air.

Nchara:

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

S'East to benefit from planned refineries, says Ben Obi

From Chuks Collins, Awka

MORE light has been shed on government's plans to establish three new refineries in Kogi, Lagos and Bayelsa States, with assurance that more parts/zones in the country would benefit, including the South East geopolitical zone, soon.

advertisement
Opt out

This was disclosed in Awka yesterday by President Goodluck Jonathan's aide on Inter-Party Relations, Chief Ben Obi.

Speaking on the proposed new refineries and the removal of petroleum subsidy, Obi urged Nigerians to see government's programmes on their merit rather than from sectional, zonal or other divisive perspectives.

The new refineries, he said "were to be wholly private sector-driven, and the one for Bayelsa was to be sited at Oloibiri, the location where the first oil well was discovered in Nigeria.

He said Kogi plays a very central role geographically in the nation's affairs, same as Lagos in terms of commerce and industry too.

He therefore called for calm and understanding, assuring that the project which is coming in phases would in the next phase be extended to other zones in the country especially the South East.

Obi who condemned the recent spate of bombings in parts of the country, admitted that it was worrisome, but added that there would be a change in terms of security in the coming year.

"You can see that most of the suspects behind the recent bombings have been apprehended. Our security agencies are working round-the-clock to tackle the challenge, bring the situation under total control and keep citizens safe. The various arms of government have carried out a progressive training and retraining of all security officers.

On the subsidy issue, Obi appealed to Nigerians to give Jonathan a chance, because he has given his word of honour on it.

"In the past such packages come without any working document of all issues involved or what and where to channel the proceeds and why, but the present administration has put the whole cards on the table for all to see," he said.

(1) (Reply)

Channels Tv ----- Is This The Only Authentic News Channel In Nigeria / A Pro Jonathan Group Protest In Yenegoa Bayelsa State / Pppra Short Charge Nigeria 24milion Ltr Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.