Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! (2037 Views)

Nneka Towel Mistakenly Fell Down And I Saw Her Boobskie [pics] / What Will You Do If You Asked Your Babe To Boil Water And You Saw This? (photo) / Guys What Would You Do If She Tell You This After Sponsoring Her Education (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by misright(f): 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2006
She was your fiance, you saw her through her education and on graduating she elopes with another man, how and what would you do??
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by chinani(f): 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2006
what does "saw her through" mean? helped her out finiancially? or just, you were just her emotional support/rock person?

anyhow, I'd cry. what else can I do?
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by vickybabe(f): 1:12am On Mar 15, 2006
God will not let that be your portions in jesus name
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by Seun(m): 1:19am On Mar 15, 2006
Before makiing sacrifices for someone, make sure that the person is worth it. Also, once you give away any assistance or support and you know that the person deserves it, let the assistance be with no strings attached. Sponsoring someone to school with the expectation that she will marry you when she finishes is not ethical.

It sounds like slavery: that you are buying her freedom of choice with your superior financial strength. It is better to assist people with no strings attached.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by chinani(f): 1:32am On Mar 15, 2006
I agree w/ Seun. Gifts are gifts, not promissary notes. Same w/ love. The person who loves is entitled to nothing.

I once heard a heartbroken girl say, "Love has no reward." cry It was a sad sight.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by abuguy64(m): 6:13am On Mar 15, 2006
It depends on the arrangements during her training.If it was agreed that you will get married after she finishes her education,then she has done wrong. It can be a serious problem oh! Ladies (and boys) should not do this to anyone!

<<snip: story justifying murder removed>>

In 1983, someone I knew quite well, committed suicide. He was married with 6 children,but had trained a lady through the polytechnic,only for her to run off with someone else after finishing.To make matters worse,he was under investigation for fraud. My elder brother's girl friend broke up with him,immediately after he supported her through school,and got married to someone else-he was traumatized for a long while.He is now married,and the lady has tried to make amends by giving him financial assistance when he was in need.

Me, I won't assist anyone with any ulterior motive, other than charity.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by Grizzly(m): 6:48am On Mar 15, 2006
i don't see what's wrong in seeing a lady through her education. Eloped? well thats a girl for you.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by Badman888(m): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2006
what a pity but some people would either kill them selves or kill her. I wont do that tough,
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by kimba(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2006
@misright

just wondering why you are asking the question, as you say you're a female - taking you for your profile, are you the person concerned, im sorry for asking, but are you the "fiancee" who has been "seen through her education" and now "wants to elope with another man?"

is it that you need advice on the eloping issue? or what exactly, or is the case the other way around, as in you saw a man through his education and now he wants to elope with another woman?

pls kindly put the problem in the right perspective, so we could put our advices int he right perspective too.

im confused, but just wondering.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by shockreaction(m): 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2006
The Golden Rule: Move on.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by zebudaya(m): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2006
nothing feel stupid, wallow in self pity, get depressed. hate the bitch forever. at some point move on with my life. But it would not happen to me because i would marry her before sending her to grad school. And we are going to have a pre-nup so if she doesn't act right, i keep my loot.

She wears a coat of color
Loved by some, feared by others
She's immortalized in young men's eyes

Lust she breeds in the eyes of brothers
Violent sons make bitter mothers
So close your eyes, here's your surprise

The Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one

Beautiful stripped me

In your mind she's your companion
Vile instincts often candid
Your regret is all that's left
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by whoknoxluv(m): 8:33am On Mar 16, 2006
When she walk away with another man it does not means the end of the world but , i will never do that again i have done it once
and now nowhere to be found embarassed sad sad
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by emmyprince(m): 10:30am On Mar 16, 2006
Take it as an act of God and see it as Bad debts written off.Console yourself,life continues.[quote][/quote]Man propose,God dispose
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by twinstaiye(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2006
We dont get the true picture of the matter. If they both agreed to get married, start a relationship and he promise to see her through her education. The lady did the worst thing. If however, the lady is not interested but was coerced into the relationship because he promise to sponsor her education, good riddance for the guy. In all, and I want to say this from experience, it is always the best thing to part with a woman feeling no guilt than leaving a woman with a lots of guilt. If the lady in question eloped with another man, so be it, at least you parted without any guilt on your part. chikena.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by adexway(m): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2006
I have learnt to cope with disappointment after I was jilted. Of a true it makes things more difficult. i don't really think its worth such devotion and sacrifice like sponsoring a girls education. Show you care but always live the reality that she might live. That should be 75% behind your mind in whatever you do to her. People can really betray your trust in them. They can flop. And a lady, forget it. I don't think i can really trust any or be 65% devoted to a relationship.
When it's time to marry, I will have a rethink.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by Reba(f): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Missrite
R u talking about urself? and by the way if u want to run away with another man do'nt do it or unless u pay back evry single penny for that man, no jokes
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by nikinash(f): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2006
it is very wrong to "sponsor" someone through school so that your reward will be marrying her. undecided on this i agree with what seun said. you should give without expecting anything in return. i sincerely believe that if you sponsor a girl thru school the most you can have is gratitude and not love.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by zebudaya(m): 6:55am On Mar 17, 2006
I love it when people try to be politically correct. "give without expecting anything in return". for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. give-take, just like a see-saw, you can't give all the time, and you can't take all the time. or the see saw won't work.

Sending a woman i want to marry to school is an INVESTMENT. It's more than the money, it's broken trust if she leaves me for another.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by nikinash(f): 9:49am On Mar 17, 2006
when you send the woman to school because she couldn't help herself then you should not expect her trust only gratitiude and that for a while.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by nawah(f): 11:32am On Mar 17, 2006
Poor man! WHy did he not secure his title before the girl graduated?
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by funmi2(f): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2006
lol. dis is funny
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by Rhodalyn(f): 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2006
let go as painful as it may be, you've still got to let go cry cry cry
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by abuguy64(m): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2006
MR Admin. I did not justify murder in my post!It was meant to be a joke. Read the story fully. Please remove the warning from my private post immediately. You must learn to have a sense of humour. I repeat,I do not encourage rape or murder .I only narrated true stories that happened,and that I witnessed. I am appalled at your misunderstanding and the stern warning. Next time,inquire before you take such measures.I think I deserve an appology!
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by solange(f): 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2006
that's just all sorts of wrong!!!!!!!!!
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:28am On May 04, 2006
cry it would be such a pity
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by babymine(f): 1:34pm On May 04, 2006
What goes around comes around.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by iykedee: 11:57am On Nov 07, 2007
Why would u even put urself in such a position? are u the federal ministry of free education or u're just plain stupid. I thought so, u're just plain stupid, even so much that u don't know another man eloped with a substantial part of ur problems.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by kkycee(m): 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2007
she will not see her mistakes now but sooner or later she will.but that time it most have bn too late.to come back
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by Bolarge(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2007
Can we see the contract papers?
Only then can we determine if the terms have been violated.
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by btayo1(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2007
Supporting once girlfriend financially whilst she is @ school is something most guys would do; as there is nothing wrong in it and in most cases stands to be beneficial to the couple later in life. A guy sees it as an investment in the future (both his & hers) but if the girl decide to leave the guy- Well I for one would be glad she left no matter the extent of my investment on her- than getting married and she leaving (because divorce with or without prenuptials is expensive) or seeing another guy on the side; before we go on blasting the girl- it might not be that she stayed with the guy just for his financial support, it could be that the relationship went sour when she got to uni - and there is a thousand and one reasons that can lead to this. As someone said earlier the guy got no guilt.

@ Poster- Until you give the clear picture we can only assume
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by opokonwa(m): 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2007
Nothing. only regret cry

Take it as a bad investment and move on!
Re: You Saw Her Through Her Education Now She Elopes With Another Man! by synderella: 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2008
Simple, dont go about training girls you are dating, it guarantees nothing!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Guys Date Prostitutes? / I Just Broke Up With My Boyfriend And I Aint Coping :( / Why Do Some Guys Think So High Of Themselves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.