Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,014 members, 7,931,490 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 06:42 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (7007 Views)

Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri / Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos / 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
Re: . by homerac7: 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2011
^

Guy, me and someone just follow go there ds night and unfortunately na then dem dey commot dead body from d rubble. Very gory sight. But wetin surprise me pass b say not even one ambulance dey there despite say police squad cars reach ten wt two fire engines, excavator and one govt truck to take carry dead bodies. So what happens to survivors in critical condition? undecided embarassed angry
Re: . by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 01, 2012
Re: . by djustice: 2:52am On Jan 01, 2012
Fashola the Great, is working, Lagos is collapsing! Around his working ears!
Re: . by Lasinoh: 5:25am On Jan 01, 2012
Lagos State and cheap 'blocks' of cement! cheesy
Re: . by mcnepow(m): 6:39am On Jan 01, 2012
@OP. Nawa ooo for death at the 11th hour. Rippoo to the lost souls and condolence to their families.
djustice:

I disagree with the bolded part.
Re: . by meee1: 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2012
Directory of Bridal Business:

Re: . by djustice: 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2012
mcnepow:

@OP. Nawa ooo for death at the 11th hour. Rippoo to the lost souls and condolence to their families.I disagree with the bolded part.

Your disagreement does not obviate the fact that we've been experiencing an average of a collapsed building every month since Fashola resumed office. The result of eight years of FAILED Physical Planning policy by his godfather, and four years of total cluelessness on the subject from he himself.

EPIC FAIL on Physical Planning for Fashola!
Re: . by anishe(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2012
So unfortunate.
Re: . by Beaf: 9:36am On Jan 02, 2012
meee!:

Directory of Bridal Business:

Are you this heartless? This is a thread about untimely death, but you posted a jamboree pic?

May the souls of the dead rest in peace. When are we ever going to have codes and standards in Nigeria? This manner of living in chaos like animals is not the best.
Re: . by freecocoa(f): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2012
Nigeria is collapsing obviously,this has been a common problem in Lagos,the kind of houses I see there dey fear me I swear,I saw in logos a house that was being added another story after about over 30 years of existence,why won't such a house collapse?

Imagine no ambulance,so they expect every trapped person to die there,what a hopeless country.

May the souls of the departed RIP and may GOD grant their families the fortitude to bear the loss.  
Re: . by Switup: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2012
S.P.E.E.C.H.L.E.S.S
Re: . by yamakuza: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2012
Were they living in the building, playing there or working on it?
Re: . by 2Mekus: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2012
There is something about that house that bothers on mystic.  

(1) The occupants of the former building on the site were forcefully ejected and their properties thrown out

(2) It is the second time that an uncompleted building would be collapsing on the same spot and the area is not waterlogged

(2) The ownership tussle over the land has been in court for over three years and when one of the parties won, he sold it to a new owner that erected the present collapsed building on the foundation laid before the tussle started

Wanna post pictures but don't know how.  Can any one lecture me on this?
Re: . by 2Mekus: 10:27am On Jan 02, 2012
Nigeria is collapsing obviously,this has been a common problem in Lagos,the kind of houses I see there dey fear me I swear,I saw in logos a house that was being added another story after about over 30 years of existence,why won't such a house collapse?

Imagine no ambulance,so they expect every trapped person to die there,what a hopeless country.

May the souls of the departed RIP and may GOD grant their families the fortitude to bear the loss.

There was an ambulance actually that was shuttling between the site and the hospital once a body was excavated.
Re: . by moremi2008(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2012
Wow! What's up with all these collapsing buildings in Lagos? May their souls rest in peace oh!
Re: . by yamakuza: 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
2Mekus:
Wanna post pictures but don't know how.  Can any one lecture me on this?

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-180245.0.html

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-709822.0.html
Re: . by scribble: 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
yamakuza:

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-180245.0.html

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-709822.0.html

email them to me, i will post
damacpropertiesnigeria@gmail.com
Re: . by mamale8(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pictures
Re: . by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
Beaf:

Are you this heartless? This is a thread about untimely death, but you posted a jamboree pic?

May the souls of the dead rest in peace. When are we ever going to have codes and standards in Nigeria? This manner of living in chaos like animals is not the best.

I will agree with you for the first time. The heartless buffoon that put up that picture is clearly deficient in the sensitivity department.
Re: . by 2Mekus: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
There is something about that house that bothers on mystic.

(1) The occupants of the former building on the site were forcefully ejected and their properties thrown out

(2) It is the second time that an uncompleted building would be collapsing on the same spot and the area is not waterlogged

(2) The ownership tussle over the land has been in court for over three years and when one of the parties won, he sold it to a new owner that erected the present collapsed building on the foundation laid before the tussle started

Re: . by tellwisdom: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
That building has been lying there for over 6years uncompleted, so the owner has decided to erect it, mounting a building on it after much weakness on the bricks. The rest was story! sad sad
Its quite unfortunate, we still have more people under there, plus the Contractor cry grin cry cry (Not funny o)

Re: . by hbrednic: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
the local government inspectors should all be jailed sad sad
Re: . by y2kaustin(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
@mee, how dare you post such,instead for you to go to business section or fashion or events.you brought that on a thread like this.are you a robot or a human?
Re: . by divalishis: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
all these people standing and looking. . .can be of better help if only they bend down and start digging!!
Re: . by seunlayi(m): 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
very pathetic

1 Like

Re: . by member479760: 1:08am On Jan 03, 2012
Who sey voodoo no dey? with the composite in used the building suppose not to collapse at this time!
Re: . by ektbear: 1:15am On Jan 03, 2012
djustice:

How is a the collapse of a building (presumably owned by some private individual) Fashola's fault?

Is your argument that he isn't spending enough money on inspectors? Or that there is something wrong with existing regulation (latter would not be his fault btw, would be that of the legislature.)
Re: . by djustice: 2:05am On Jan 03, 2012
Re: . by djustice: 2:16am On Jan 03, 2012
ekt_bear:

How is a the collapse of a building (presumably owned by some private individual) Fashola's fault?

Is your argument that he isn't spending enough money on inspectors? Or that there is something wrong with existing regulation (latter would not be his fault btw, would be that of the legislature.)

Trust the Fashola azz suckers to try to plausibly explain building collapses with the ALARMING FREQUENCY we've been seeing in Lagos State for the last few years away glibly!

I can't believe you have the effrontery to spew that trash up there. Fashola was Bola Tinubu's Personal Lawyer before and after he became Governor in 1999. He was brought in to government as the replacement for Lie Mohammed as Chief-of-Staff, and as it transpired, de-facto deputy governor.

He then went on to become governor for 4 years, and claimed during his first campaign that HE was the architect of a lot of the last minute Tinubu initiatives, like BRT and others. He is now on his second term. He has been in the corridors of power for 12 years now, and you want to excuse him for the mess that is Lagos, Physical Planning wise (forget the flowers and the bright lights, they're just clever make-up and a conduit pipe for stealing money). Just as he takes credit for private projects like the new Shoprite building in Ikeja, which he probably owns, true to the tradition established by his godfather, he must also take the blame for the mishaps that happen while he's on that seat. At any rate, he's ultimately responsible for the fiasco that Physical Planning has become in Lagos State, with people waiting on TINUBU, yes, TINUBU, for permission to build in places like Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Banana Island, Osborne and Park View for up to more than 6 years, in some cases.

It's all about money for him and Thief-nubu, not really about the planning merits or demerits of the project. That's how Tinubu swiped 50% of the Oriental Hotel project, I hear. The Palms refused to play ball, that's why they were blocked off Lekki-Epe expressway!
Re: . by Sicherheit(m): 6:42am On Jan 03, 2012
This is very sad. We don't have standards and inspectors to make sure the standards are kept in Nigeria. People just erect anything anyhow. The cement they even use these has more sand than real cement, let it rain a couple of time the walls will start cracking. People losing their lives because of stupid things. undecided
Re: . by ektbear: 5:08am On Jan 04, 2012
I don't understand how a politician is responsible for some private individual's shoddy construction.

If a car breaks down in Lagos, is Fashola also responsible for that?

If you believe that the relevant authorities who hand out construction permits, handle inspections, etc have grown lax, corrupt and need to be sacked, then certainly it isn't unreasonable to say that Fashola should do something about that.

But to directly blame him for a building collapse, w/o first inking it to the authorities, and then linking Fashola to those authorities? That is senseless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Resume Gas Supply To Ghana / Do U Now Agree That Nnamdi Kanu Is A Mad Man? / Hurray!!! Republic Of Biafra Set To Become The Newest Nation On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.