Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,034 members, 7,931,544 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:13 AM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (7008 Views)

Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri / Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos / 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: . by ektbear: 5:12am On Jan 04, 2012
The first step is to link the building collapses to whatever the relevant Lagos board is.

I'd want to see # of building collapses over time as well as # of construction events.

If this failure rate has shot up significantly, then perhaps one can argue that it is the fault of that Lagos authority.

Then one needs to come up with an argument for why the failure of that Lagos authority is Fashola's specifically and what he should have done instead of what he did.

Otherwise this is just beer parlor, market wife stuff.
Re: . by Limaoscar: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Standard Organization of Nigeria, COREN and all the civil and Construction associations that have been silent over structures in violation of codes and standards should bury their heads in shame. I hope some lawyers help the families of these lost souls get at least some compensation and justice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judicial Workers Suspend Strike / Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals / Please How Do I Get To Ajao Estate From Sango. Anyone Should Kindly Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.