Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,598 members, 7,888,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

Christmas And New Year - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Christmas And New Year (2969 Views)

Christmas And Non-muslim Family Ties / Can Muslims Celebrate Christmas And New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2012
Sweetnecta:

But no one in Islam can get his/her birthday date correct.

Especially those of us born to the right or left sides of the ending of the month or beginning of another, being very far from the 3 days of the full moon.

You know your day of the week, the Islamic calender year, maybe the month [if you are fortunate], thats enough.

After all the messenger's exact birthday date was not known except that we know it was Monday, part of the reasons he fasted [incidentally it was the same day of the week that he died], and we only know that it was the year of the elephant, the incident revealed to him [as] later in Surah Fil.

if celebration of birthday is important, Muhammad [as] should have celebrated him. The companions [ra] would have adopted it, continuing it and passing on the tradition to us.

Muslims are adopting many non beneficial concepts and traditions from the disbelievers, including wedding ring, "the so called id maulud", etc, etc.

Islam is perfect and should be left like that.

We can and must adopt what benefits [eg up to date and efficient and effective like car, planes, and all modern devices like computer, etc as long as it is not for evil as it will not go against the present up to date value of Islam] means of transportation in our lives, even if is a development of the worst of pagans.

if you live in cold climate, you do not put on a sandal in the dead of winter, whereas what is appropriate are well insulated winterized shoes and coat, etc to braze the elements.

After reading this, I could only conclude like I do in situations like this.

the prophet told us in a hadith to leave what we doubt and go to those we do not doubt. not celebrating birthdays does no harm. And since the most we have gotten on this day is actually the greetings(and I sure would appreciate that u dont wait for a particular day of the year to remember me), I'd rather leave it. My problem hasnt been about my own day, but not remembering others's. On this note, mi ko ni fi itiju ko arun and so, I'll stop InshaAllah.
Re: Christmas And New Year by olawalebabs(m): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2012
deols:

After reading this, I could only conclude like I do in situations like this.

the prophet told us in a hadith to leave what we doubt and go to those we do not doubt. not celebrating birthdays does no harm. And since the most we have gotten on this day is actually the greetings(and I sure would appreciate that u dont wait for a particular day of the year to remember me), I'd rather leave it. My problem hasnt been about my own day, but not remembering others's. On this note, mi ko ni fi itiju ko arun and so, I'll stop InshaAllah.
The bolded make me laugh grin. Good one sha, Maybe you can start 'remembering' the day the way i suggested.
Re: Christmas And New Year by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2012
confused muslims. 1000 yrs later they still have no idea what is haram or not and yet their religion came to "perfect" all things? I laugh in greek.

The hate (of other religions and peoples), the rank hypocrisy, the lying, pretense . . . hallmarks of the typical muslim . . . all evident in this thread. shame.
Re: Christmas And New Year by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
Sweetnecta:

Muslims are adopting many non beneficial concepts and traditions from the disbelievers, including wedding ring, "the so called id maulud", etc, etc.

We can and must adopt what benefits [eg up to date and efficient and effective like car, planes, and all modern devices like computer, etc as long as it is not for evil as it will not go against the present up to date value of Islam] means of transportation in our lives, even if is a development of the worst of pagans.

more mindless confusion.

1. Muslims are adopting "non-beneficial" concepts which is BAD since islam is perfect and should be left like that.

2. BUT we MUST adopt what is beneficial like cars, computers and aircraft (include US passports here too) . . . ? Shouldnt this be left out too since "islam is perfect"? Which is it? After all they still ride donkeys in Qatar.

Sweetnecta:

if you live in cold climate, you do not put on a sandal in the dead of winter, whereas what is appropriate are well insulated winterized shoes and coat, etc to braze the elements.

But if you live in a hot climate like Nigeria its ok to wear a turban and hijab?
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
davidylan:

confused muslims. 1000 yrs later they still have no idea what is haram or not and yet their religion came to "perfect" all things? I laugh in greek.

The hate (of other religions and peoples), the rank hypocrisy, the lying, pretense . . . hallmarks of the typical muslim . . . all evident in this thread. shame.
why dont u leave us to that. You simply cant understand how this works , bigot! havent christians been arguing over whether tithes should be collected or not??

HYPOCRITE
Re: Christmas And New Year by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
deols:

why dont u leave us to that. You simply cant understand how this works , bigot! havent christians been arguing over whether tithes should be collected or not??

HYPOCRITE

hmm do you need an english lesson? What is the "hypocrisy" there?  grin You are right that christians argue about tithes, but you dont see them pretending about whether they like it or not. Each side is very open to the other on their positions and why. Unlike muslims we dont hide behind the words "same" like your friends here.

I was only highlighting the hate, denigration of other people's cultures and traditions, pretense and lies that are a hallmark of the average muslim. Do you need me to point to specifics from the very words of muslims on this thread?  cheesy
Re: Christmas And New Year by Sweetnecta: 12:29am On Jan 07, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ « #35 on: Yesterday at 07:12:38 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on January 05, 2012, 01:40 PM

more mindless confusion.

1. Muslims are adopting "non-beneficial" concepts which is BAD since islam is perfect and should be left like that.

2. BUT we MUST adopt what is beneficial like cars, computers and aircraft (include US passports here too) . . . ? Shouldnt this be left out too since "islam is perfect"? Which is it? After all they still ride donkeys in Qatar.
[/Quote]How about British passport? Australian passport? Saudi Arabian passport? Kuwaiti passport? Islam is perfect as per worship of God, deeds, manners, neighborliness, etc. In some conditions, the passports of these countries, you may have to keep them, because it isn't worth the paper its written on. To have banking in Switzerland, the best passport is not the ideal one to carry. And when you want to do business in these specialized places, you may need UAE passport. Chinese passport or Singapore is just as effective. Bush man does not know how the world "functions".

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on January 05, 2012, 01:40 PM

But if you live in a hot climate like Nigeria its ok to wear a turban and hijab?[/Quote]This questioner has never been to a desert before, from his ignorance of Hijab and or Turban. Clothing weight and texture and color are factors in Hijab and no one says according to a woman who commented "that you have to wear anything under it", since it is the outside covering that matters, as long as it is not given up the secrets under, like the shape of the body or transparent so that the cloth is covering nothing, really. There is a program on survival with the barest of minimum in any condition, location. So lets use Australian outback or Sahara desert to illustrate the effect of sun on the skin. If you wrap your head meaning wearing a turban, you will feel cooler and not be dehydrated so quickly like a fooling man who exposes his head to the sun that will sun dry him or fry his empty brain of macaroni so much so that it becomes a casserole, even too dry to look at.
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 12:21am On Jan 08, 2012
^^^ dont mind him. He must think he is wise.A typical example of empty vessels making the loudest noise. Islam is for every situation. Arabia is in fact, either very hot or very cold.

davidylan:

hmm do you need an english lesson? What is the "hypocrisy" there?  grin You are right that christians argue about tithes, but you dont see them pretending about whether they like it or not. Each side is very open to the other on their positions and why. Unlike muslims we dont hide behind the words "same" like your friends here.

I was only highlighting the hate, denigration of other people's cultures and traditions, pretense and lies that are a hallmark of the average muslim. Do you need me to point to specifics from the very words of muslims on this thread?  cheesy

Because I made reference to ur lack of comprehension skills, u av to continuously talk of English lessons . Oh, I forgot I also told u of ur ability to write english well(not necessarily speak nor comprehend sha). u must av bn flattered even though I warned u otherwise undecided ehyaa.

anyways, christians argue, Muslims do too. what u fail to learn is dat it doesnt stop us from being same. or did u hear us mention sects above?? these arent even on the basics of the dean. Ever heard of scholars who would argue on certain things and when one dies, d other would claim, what a fountain of knowledge gone. lesson to learn- understand pple's ideals b4 bringing ur inconsequential ways as a yardstick to judge them.
Re: Christmas And New Year by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2012
deols:

^^^ dont mind him. He must think he is wise.A typical example of empty vessels making the loudest noise. Islam is for every situation. Arabia is in fact, either very hot or very cold.

Just because you dolts say so doesnt make it so. Islam is for every situation? that might be why virtually all majority islam nations are nothing but medieval shitholes.

deols:

Because I made reference to your lack of comprehension skills, u av to continuously talk of English lessons . Oh, I forgot I also told u of your ability to write english well(not necessarily speak nor comprehend sha). u must av bn flattered even though I warned u otherwise undecided ehyaa.

huh? flattered by who? grin

deols:

anyways, christians argue, Muslims do too. what u fail to learn is dat it doesnt stop us from being same. or did u hear us mention sects above?? these arent even on the basics of the dean. Ever heard of scholars who would argue on certain things and when one dies, d other would claim, what a fountain of knowledge gone. lesson to learn- understand pple's ideals b4 bringing your inconsequential ways as a yardstick to judge them.

yeah, the islamic ideals of death, violence and intolerance? yup we see them in action everywhere from Borno to Adamawa, Syria, bahrain, pakistan, iran and lebanon . . .
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
davidylan:

Just because you dolts say so doesnt make it so. Islam is for every situation? that might be why virtually all majority islam nations are nothing but medieval shitholes.

huh? flattered by who? grin

yeah, the islamic ideals of death, violence and intolerance? yup we see them in action everywhere from Borno to Adamawa, Syria, bahrain, pakistan, iran and lebanon . . .
ehyaa, u must think every1 is like you.

and that must be the newest word u learnt, using it twice in a day. grow up jor. can u pass a message without insults
Re: Christmas And New Year by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
deols:

ehyaa, u must think every1 is like you.

and that must be the newest word u learnt, using it twice in a day. grow up jor. can u pass a message without insults

sincerely, using the word "dolt" is a frank assessment of many of you based on your posts.
Sorry if you had to look in a dictionary to find the meaning, when next you want to criticize others of "insulting" you, make sure you're not doing same.
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
davidylan:

sincerely, using the word "dolt" is a frank assessment of many of you based on your posts.
Sorry if you had to look in a dictionary to find the meaning, when next you want to criticize others of "insulting" you, make sure you're not doing same.

see how you'r trying to be like me grin. trying to use my style. cant u see your last post is trying to be like my previous . You keep shooting yourself on the foot. oh, I shouldnt forget u'r not blessed wv intelligence, proving me right again.
Re: Christmas And New Year by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
deols:

see how you'r trying to be like me grin. trying to use my style. cant u see your last post is trying to be like my previous . You keep shooting yourself on the foot. oh, I shouldnt forget u'r not blessed wv intelligence, proving me right again.

huh? what exactly is she refering to? undecided
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
davidylan:

huh? what exactly is she refering to? undecided

like i have your time undecided
Re: Christmas And New Year by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
deols:

like i have your time undecided

hehe grin you really shouldnt. You shld be reading your quran and verifying those tall tales your imaam taught you with the facts.
Re: Christmas And New Year by bntY: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2012
@deols.dis is really a controversial topic.u may listen to dis lecture for some clarity.CAN I CELEBRATE THIS?bywajdi akkari on www.onewaytoparadise.net.
By d way i need to let u knw i'm a great fan of urs.
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2012
bntY:

@deols.dis is really a controversial topic.u may listen to dis lecture for some clarity.CAN I CELEBRATE THIS?bywajdi akkari on www.onewaytoparadise.net.
By d way i need to let u knw i'm a great fan of urs.

Awwww! thank you!!!! and the website, i just bookmarked. I'll check it later IA.
Re: Christmas And New Year by maclatunji: 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2012
grin grin ^ Sorry couldn't resist.
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
grin grin grin(cldnt resist either)
Re: Christmas And New Year by maclatunji: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
tongue. grin
Re: Christmas And New Year by deols(f): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2012
do u know ur birth date according to the islamic calendar?? Tell us about it. I found a link dat can help u out in case u dont know it yet. . .brb IA
Re: Christmas And New Year by olawalebabs(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2012
I used to know mine, i can't recall it now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Treasury Bills / A Young Saudi Woman Renounces Islam, See What Happens! / Hajj: Renewal Of Self

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.