Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,858 members, 7,902,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:02 PM

Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! (23113 Views)

Fuel Sold 86 Naira Per Litre In Ekiti / The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre - vanguard / Fuel Crisis : How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ Thor
Yorubas will say it is only a bastard that describes his fatherks house with his left hand. I am not surprised he acted that way. I am sure he sleeps in phone booths in the UK where his resident permit must have expired. OMO ALE jatijati. How can someone in his right sense say our fuel is cheap when he himself forged papers to get to the UK when fuel was much cheaper. Onye ara. My Igbo brothers, pardon my spelling if wrong. The Thor guy is a nincompoop.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by efisher(m): 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Most people cannot even make a reasonable response to the poster. All they do is hurl insults around. It is easier to insult than to reason.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Thor(m): 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Yes, I use the public transport in London as it is one of the best in the world. if you want to get around the city especially at busy times it is the best method, so yes I use an Oyster card!

BBC writes, Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil producer but most of the available 2 million barrels per day are exported in an unrefined state.
The country lacks refineries and infrastructure so has to import refined products such as petrol, which is expensive.
However, with the price of fuel much cheaper in Nigeria than in neighbouring countries, the subsidy led to widespread smuggling.
Nigerians are heavy users of fuel, not just for cars but to power generators that many households and businesses use to cope with the country's erratic electricity supply.

Seems that the people with the most to lose are the black marketeers and the smugglers and not the common person in the street, The petrol is still incredibly cheap whatever the moans and groans, Nigeria needs to invest in refineries as that is where the future lies,
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by denzel2009: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Thor,

Those too poor to buy a car also use buses right? In case you dont know, transportation costs have also gone up 150%

Those poor too have generators to provide light, The cost of fueling the gen has also gone up

The farm produce also need fuel to get to the market, The fuel for those has also gone up

Unfortunately they dont have Govt provided rails and buses like you have in UK

So they still have to suffer for it

This is how to educate someone that do not know rather than raining abuses on him.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Felzzz: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Chai! OP don suffer. See torrents of abuses n curses at d start of a nu yr.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Thor(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Efisher

The people hurling insults are unfortunately the same cancer that is eating away at Nigerian society, they have nothing positive to add or ideas embarassed embarassed
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by buzugee(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin naija sabi abuse no be small grin grin grin
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by evilspirit: 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
[size=16pt]Subsides worth between EUR 270 to 290 billion a year are estimated to go into European transport, according to a preliminary report released by the European Environment Agency today. From this figure, road transport receives EUR 125 billion annually, rail EUR 73 billion, aviation EUR 27–35 billion and water-borne transport EUR 14–30 billion.

290billion Euros 60 trillion naira [/size]

http://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/eea-takes-first-step-on-measuring-european-transport-subsidies
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by UK2ME(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
Oh Lord

When cat sleep, rat go bite em tail.
Palaver em dey find.

My guy for just keep quiet.
You cant mix apples and oranges bro.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Thor(m): 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Evil Spirit

You should add to this that the EU comprises of 27 different nations.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Thor(m): 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
The funniest thing is that there are more people slinging abuse at me on here than there are protesters actually making a stand in Nigeria grin grin grin

BBC, Some 200 people have gathered in central Abuja, chanting "Remove corruption, not subsidy."

They are being watched by a large contingent of soldiers and armed police.

There are also reports of protests in the main northern city, Kano.

Somethings in Nigeria will never change, many complain but nobody does anything, their bravado is limited to the pages of the Nairaland forum LMAO grin grin
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by feeloscar(m): 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
No mind am na because him no get work for uk naim mek am talk dis kain thing. Mek him come back naija mek we look for job like to push wheel barrow give am afta dat him fit compare naija wit uk for both daily pay and fuel pay
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by philip0906(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
denzel2009:

This is how to educate someone that do not know rather than raining abuses on him.
efisher:

Most people cannot even make a reasonable response to the poster. All they do is hurl insults around. It is easier to insult than to reason.
pls spare me d jargons. . .when someone opens a thread with a screaming headline as this "Re: Stop Moaning, Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! ,u expect us 2 think he needs 2 be educated or just trying 2 be silly? abegi. . .
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by evilspirit: 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thor:

@Evil Spirit

You should add to this that the EU comprises of 27 different nations.

but there is subsidy on something
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by philip0906(m): 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thor:

The funniest thing is that there are more people slinging abuse at me on here than there are protesters actually making a stand in Nigeria grin grin grin

Somethings in Nigeria will never change, many complain but nobody does anything, their bravado is limited to the pages of the Nairaland forum LMAO grin grin
stop tryna make a fool out of u self.u prolly had 2 wait 4 some dudes with brains like urs 2 come in here and throw their support 4 ur dumb thread b4 u come in back again. . .ur posts and thread beguiles ur age.I learnt u are 37? SMH
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by OmichaelO: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
the op thinks nigerians are dumb, dem fire ham with talks he rum commot!! :d
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by hamsky: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
Shat Up! is Nigeria England?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by jude33084(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
I hear say d poster deserted his psychaitric ward 2days ago 4 nairaland ward 4.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Thor(m): 5:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Evilspirit

There are a huge amount of subisides for all kinds of different things grin
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Pain(m): 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
Crap thread. I'm indeed tired of cockroach brained people who just come over to nairaland to post bladder dash in an attempt to be seen as smart.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Samoo01: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
This guy is practicing madness. Let him not enter market abeg.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by mxxpunkxx: 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
@OP

i wouldn't want to abuse u. buh how many ppl in the UK purchase petrol for home-use? eh? tell me, 99% of the time, petrol is purchased for their vehicles.
Buh in Nigeria, u gotta purchase petrol for ur car, for the machines at ur factory (if u own one) and for the generator at home.\

if i were in the UK as opposed to Nigeria; why would i purchase petrol, when there is power 24/7/365?

Rethink, plz
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by jude33084(m): 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thor:

@Efisher

The people hurling insults are unfortunately the same cancer that is eating away at Nigerian society, they have nothing positive to add or ideas  embarassed embarassed

What do u xpect? u want us to hug him with his sarcasm?, and if u r a cancer patient, we r nt.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thor, Did you see the below? or what are you suggestions

dayokanu:

Thor,

Those too poor to buy a car also use buses right? In case you dont know, transportation costs have also gone up 150%

Those poor too have generators to provide light, The cost of fueling the gen has also gone up

The farm produce also need fuel to get to the market, The fuel for those has also gone up

Unfortunately they dont have Govt provided rails and buses like you have in UK

So they still have to suffer for it

Someone in the UK uses how many liters of fuel in a day? Lets say 10 liters his counterpart in Nigeria uses 50liters

Why The one in UK takes govt provided buses, in Nigeria there are no govt provided busses

In UK, There is light and you dont have to worry about Generators at home

In UK you dont use generator to run your business for 13hours like in Nigeria
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by ADEBYTE: 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
@poster.it is very wrong to have converted the cost of a litre of petrol (£1.30) to naira.you should never do such because both economies can not be compared.on average, u earn between £8-£15 per hour and if you put in 10hrs a day,you are worth between £80-£120 which many nigerians don't earn a month.what is not good is not good.
Let us all condemn it.one way or the other,you would be in nigeria and you would eventually complain.fuel subsidy should not be removed because it is not until you drive a car that you feel the impact. As a commuter,u will bear the brunt because most fares are rising because drivers are coughing more to buy fuel and so can only recoop their money by charging higher fare.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by SSaemoenl(m): 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Poster, Quality petrol not all those rubbish once imported here. Happy New year folks
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by donstevewrites: 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
na wa for som diaspora guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by coogar: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Thor, Did you see the below? or what are you suggestions

Someone in the UK uses how many liters of fuel in a day? Lets say 10 liters his counterpart in Nigeria uses 50liters

Why The one in UK takes govt provided buses, in Nigeria there are no govt provided busses

In UK, There is light and you dont have to worry about Generators at home

In UK you dont use generator to run your business for 13hours like in Nigeria

the poster is on a wind-up or plain dumb.

the price of petrol in the uk per litre is £1.20 but the minimum wage in the uk is about £6 per hour.
the poorest man in the uk can afford to buy 1 gallon of fuel. he would have used one hour out of the 8 hrs to pay for that.

can one say the same about nigerians?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Akiika: 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
Why are people wasting their precious time responding to dumbass like the poster. It is people like this that will come home and haggle over everything they want to buy.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Pain(m): 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
I advice the OP of this crap thread to limit his utterances to the internet.
If you make this kind of comments on the streets of Nigeria today, you will be lynched and burnt at stake by Okada Men.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by bigdoo: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
The price of unleaded petrol in most places in UK is actually £1.40 per litre, which is between N350 and N364.  My calculation is based on exchange rate of between N250/£ and N260/£.  I am not sure what the exchange rate is right now but I assume that it is somewhere between N250 and N260 for one pound.  Correct me if I am wrong. Last time I was in Nigeria in July 2011, I changed money for N270/£.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Ndkings1(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
Poster, i dont rily know what to tell u.
Infact u r very stewpid

any citizin of dis country dat sopots the removal of dis subsidi considrin the condition of this country must b a thief.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fuel Crisis: Queues To Disappear By April 7th- Kachikwu / Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members / Buhari Receives African Champions, D'tigress, At The Presidential Villa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.