Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,891 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements (13783 Views)

Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power / The Northern Oligarchy Are Preparing To 'aguyi-ironsi' Goodluck Johnathan / Stunning Biography Of President Goodluck Johnathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
Quote from: Rhino.5dm on Today at 02:15:36 PM
Can anyone points to me GEJ's single achievement in Bayelsa? Am going to Yenagoa(Beyalsa State) capital from PH, so that i can verify for us? I just pass Mbiama Junction. With pix. I thought he was a governor in that state before he became VP and President?

Going in search of GEJ's achievement in Bayelsa state is like going in search of snow in Lagos!, numpty scare mate!

so i decided to google for them. maybe frosbel , that uk based lickspittle can decipher what follows

https://encrypted.google.com/search?source=hp&q=goodluck+johnathan+achievemnts&sei=JbEBT_eDJYPIswa69KjbDw&gbv=2
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
http://www.onlinenigeria.com/links/LinksReadPrint.asp?blurb=640

PROFILE OF HIS EXCELLENCY GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN Ph.D.

Dr.Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (see CV), is a man of great honour and outstanding integrity. He is true statesman, whose meritocracy, selfless services and exemplary leadership qualities bear eloquent testimonies to his professional and political successes

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Ph.DHis Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, a man with great quest for knowledge holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Honours, University of Port Harcourt, Master of Science (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy

(Ph.D.) from University of Port Harcourt respectively. He is seasoned administrator, an academic, a democrat, and an accomplished technocrat and indeed the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State.

Dr.Jonathan holds an Honorary Fellowship of the Nigeria Environmental Society (NES), Fellow of the Public Administrators of Nigeria (PAN),

Fellow of the International Association of Impact Assessment (IAIA), Bona Fide Member Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON). awarded "Best Performing Deputy Governor", and conferred "Exemplary Leadership Quality and Good Governance Award". And recently, he was given an

Honorary Award for Democracy and Good Governance. A native of Otuoke in Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State – Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was born November 20th, 1957, to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Ebele Jonathan. He was amply endowed with intelligence, strength and tact right from childhood, even though his parents were of a humble social background. Young Goodluck started his primary education at St. Stephen Primary School (now State School – Otuoke) and later proceeded to St Michael Primary School – Oloibiri where he passed his First School Leaving Certificate honourably. In 1971, the young lad furthered his studies at Mater Dei High School – Imiringi and by 1975, he sat for the West African School Certificate and passed with flying colours.

Goodluck Jonathan was identified to be a great child right from his tender age because of his attributes and rare disposition. No wonder, his paternal grand mother "nicknamed" him "Azikiwe" as a striking simile to the great Zik to connote another great Nigerian to come in the nearest future. Goodluck was appointed Class Prefect in class three in 1973, he was further appointed Secretary to the School Food Committee, because of his brilliant disposition. And in his class four and five, he was again appointed Masterson House Prefect while his fellow prefects unanimously elected him as Chairman of the Committee of Prefects.

With his sparkling performance and enduring milieu, young Goodluck soon secured a job as a Preventive Officer in the Department of Customs and Excise from 1975 to 1977.

However, because of his dogged quest for academic knowledge, Goodluck Jonathan promptly enrolled as a pioneer student in the department of Zoology at the newly established University of Port Harcourt, in 1977. He pursued his studies with impregnable zeal and by 1981 he graduated with a B.Sc. (Hons.) Second Class (Upper Division). As a Corper, he served Nigeria devotedly between 1981 and 1982 as a classroom teacher in Community Secondary School Iresi – Oyo State (now Osun State). After the mandatory service, Goodluck Jonathan was invited for a teaching appointment by the old Rivers State Civil Service Commission in 1982, he was however, appointed a Science Inspector of Education in the Ministry of Education because of his brilliant and intimidating performance at the interview.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan always knew that he had a bond with the academia that he cannot dispute. Hence, he soon left the mainstream Civil Service for the College of Education where he took up an appointment as an academic in the Department of Biology in November 1983. Again, because of his disciplined nature and dedication to duty, he was elected as the Representative of Congress in the Senior Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee. A position he held till he voluntarily left the College in 1993. To equip himself firmly ahead of the foresighted challenges, he enrolled again for a post graduate programme in the University of Port Harcourt.

He bagged a well-deserved Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Hydro-Biology and Fisheries Biology and Doctor of Philosophy in Zoology in 1985 and 1995 respectively.

More so, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan later picked an appointment as an Assistant Director in the defunct Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission (OMPADEC), in March 1993. He was deployed to the Directorate of Environmental Protection and Pollution Control where he was directing the affairs of the Environmental Protection Sub-Department.

Dr. Jonathan is a member of various professional bodies, including the Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON), he is a Fellow of the International Association of Impact Assessment (IAIA), a Fellow of the Public Administrators of Nigeria (PAN), and he was also awarded the prestigious Honorary Fellowship of the Nigerian Environmental Society, following his stride’s contributions towards Environmental Management.

Also, his dedication to service, eventful life devoted entirely to humanity and monumental achievements as an accomplished leader earned him the "Best Performing Deputy Governor Award in the Federation in 2002, by the Institute of Public Administration of Nigeria (IPAN). Similarly, the National Association of Women in Education Development further honoured him with the Award of "Exemplary Leadership Quality and Good Governance" in July 2003. In further recognition of his dedication to service, the NUJ Abuja Council conferred on him a prestigious Honorary Award for Democracy and Good Governance.

A humane administrator, amazingly simple minded and loved by his people, friends and colleagues, nobody ever expected he will venture into the dicey and precarious nature of Nigerian politics. Nevertheless, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan saw the need to boost the socio-economic with political interest of the common man as well as bridge the lacuna of ruralurban dichotomy of his people through the provisions of social infrastructure. Hence, he took to politics in the Fourth Republic and pitched tent with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He was picked as the running mate to the Party’s flag bearer Chief D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha. The duo emerged victorious at the polls in the 1999 gubernatorial election, and so, Dr. Goodluck E. Jonathan became the first Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State. After a successful tenure, Dr. Jonathan repeated the feat where he led Chief D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha Campaign machinery popularly called ALAMCO. By the grace of God and the desire for Bayelsans to have a good government, the duo won the gubernatorial elections again, in 2003. And Goodluck Jonathan is thus, serving as a Deputy Governor for a second tenure.

All in all, one significant feat that has endeared Goodluck Jonathan to the Ogbia people is the peace he has brought to politics. At the inception of this Fourth Republic, the political activities were characterized with extreme violence and chaos. But he doggedly advocated for politics without rancor or violence and in his usual peaceful disposition without bitterness, Ogbia political silhouette is not only stable and homogenous but one of the most violent free clan in Nigeria today.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is happily married to Mrs. Patience Faka Jonathan. The nuptial union is blessed with two children.

Dr. Jonathan is a man well recognized for his cluster of achievements and immense contributions to the polity, communal liberalism, growth, and general welfare of the people. Beyond these, he is a humble man, dearly loved and respected. He has remained in the consciousness of his friends and contemporaries, as a builder of human social bridges. He is a teacher, technocrat, a democrat, a man of transparent honesty and humility; a perfect gentleman, a tender loving husband and an unshakable believer in the unity, not only of Ogbia clan but also of Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
http://www.theinfostrides.com/index.php?topic=9447.0

Jonathan said he is gratified that this Christmas, Nigerians could boast of progress in some sectors, unlike what happened last year.

He wrote a message entitled: “Tangible reasons to wish you a Merry Christmas this year” on his Facebook page yesterday.

The President said many Nigerians were glad that there was no fuel scarcity this Christmas unlike previous years, adding: “Note that this did not happen by accident but is a deliberate effort by this administration to ease the pains of Nigerians at this time of the year.”

In the aviation sector, he said, the country could boast of four airlines (Arik, Continental, Delta and United), with direct flights from the United States (US) while the country could only boast of one last year.

This Christmas, Jonathan said, Nigerians could boast of five functional international airports.

He said: “These new international airports made it easier to airlift Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (please pray for his recovery) instead of risking his life further by driving him to a farther airport. This [b]Christmas Nigerians can boast of a Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria [/b]which we did not have last Christmas.”

The President’s statement reads: “My dear Facebook friends and fellow Nigerians, this Christmas, I planned earlier in the year to go beyond the usual practise of just wishing Nigerians a Happy Christmas. I desired to go beyond wishes and do something tangible that will touch the life of the average Nigerian such that when I wish you a Merry Christmas there will be substance behind my greeting. It is for this reason that I spent the last six months as your President working as hard as I could to have something to report back to you at the end of the year as a reason for your good cheer this Yuletide season.

“In the manufacturing sector, Nigerians can celebrate the reopening of three textile mills in Kaduna that had previously been closed including the United Nigeria Textile Mills Ltd.; which has reopened as a result of accessing funds from the N200 billion textile industry bail out funds leading to the re engagement of 2000 workers that were laid off when the company went out of business. These workers will have a pay cheque this Christmas where they had none last Christmas.

“In the education sector, this Christmas, Nigerians can celebrate an allocation of almost N1 trillion (N933 billion) in the proposed budget for 2011 to a sector which had less than a third of that amount (N249.08 billion) allocated to it last Christmas. In addition, Nigeria can celebrate this Christmas the addition of one new Federal University in each of the six geo-politcal zones for which work has already begun. The six new federal universities did not exist last year.”

Jonathan added: “In the arena of foreign affairs, Nigeria can celebrate recent successes in diplomacy in the handling of the arms seizure from Iran , cheesy cheesy :Dcontaining the crisis in the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire and our pro-democratic efforts in Niger Republic . Last Christmas there was a degree of uncertainty in Nigeria and our diplomatic efforts suffered with the Abdulmutallab incident.”

“In the area of human rights, Nigerians have seen improvements. While there was tension in some parts of the North last Christmas, this Christmas those tensions have eased. Last Christmas there were 27 soldiers serving a life sentence for an incidence that some claimed was not their fault but this Christmas they have been released and will spend Christmas with their families. Last Christmas several exiles such as Nuhu Ribadu and Nasir El Rufai etc spent Christmas away from their friends and families, but this Christmas they have the liberty to be with their friends and families in Nigeria plus there are NO Nigerian political exiles outside Nigeria this Christmas.

“Last Christmas the Southeast and some pockets in other areas where affected by the scourge of kidnappers, this Christmas those kidnappers have been largely routed and normalcy has returned to the affected areas for the most part. So all in all when we count our blessing we can see that we have a lot to be thankful to God for this Christmas.”

Read more: http://www.theinfostrides.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=4d93267370a3a87df20f937ed82c9b9b&topic=9447.0#ixzz1iJ8Whw1R
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2012

Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2012

Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2012

Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
http://goodlucksambo2011.com/accomplishments.php

Electricity: Nigerians are seeing steady improvement in the Power supply in the country, gradually disappearing is the long blackouts that Nigerians have suffered for so many years. huh?

• Fuel and Diesel Supply: The long vehicles queues which became normal in the country fuel stations as recent as January this year have since disappeared under the dynamic leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan within weeks of been made Acting President. kerosene ko?

• Democracy: To strengthen democracy, the president has appointed Nigerians of impeccable character to be umpire (INEC) for the 2011 elections; these appointments have electrified Nigerians to hope and believe on the electoral process and understand that the President is serious about the new slogan that every vote must count.

• Diplomacy: Nigeria has again regain prominence under President Jonathan leadership as evidenced by the invitations Nigeria President has received since assuming Executive powers; Invitation to the Nuclear Security Summit, by the United States President, the G20 meeting by the Canadian President.

• Terrorism: Nigeria removed from the list of terrorist countries by the United States, thereby removing humiliation, and shame suffered by traveling Nigerians to the United States and other United States friendly countries.

• Drug Trafficking: United States in September removed our country from the list of major trafficking countries.

• Nigeria attained the highest civil aviation rating by the United States Federal Aviation Authority. Nigeria is the only country in West Africa with such certification.

• Niger Delta: Militancy in the Niger delta that has slowed crude oil production and stability has been reduced to the barest minimum has President Goodluck Jonathan continue the policy of Late President Umaru Yar’Adua of engaging the militants, retraining, and reintegrate them into productive citizens.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/09/goodluck-jonathan-declares-candidacy-in-abuja%E2%80%8E-today/

[b]Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan officially declared Saturday that he will run in the 2011 elections, lauding his achievements in reforming the oil, banking and electricity sectors.

“I have decided to humbly offer myself as a candidate in the presidential primaries of our party the great PDP (People’s Democratic Party),” he said.

Jonathan’s official declaration comes three days after he informally announced on Facebook that he intended to run in the primaries, which will be held between October 18 and 20, according PDP spokesman Rufai Alkali.

“In presenting myself for service, I make no pretense that I have a magic wand that will solve all of Nigeria’s problems or that I am the most intelligent Nigerian,” Jonathan wrote on his Facebook page Wednesday.

He took a more confident stance Saturday, announcing that under his presidency, all petrol refineries are now working, the banking sector has been reformed, electricity has been stablized and steps have been taken to fix roads, water, education and food production. He also said he has set in progress free and fair elections.

Jonathan’s eligibility was in question until last month, when the People’s Democratic Party said he could run in an open race with other candidates next year.

Under Nigerian “zoning” rules, power must shift to different regions and ethnic groups every eight years.

Jonathan — who is from the Niger Delta, in the south — was part of the joint ticket of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, who was from the north.

Yar’Adua’s death in May, after a long illness, upset the order of the zoning. Yar’Adua was elected in 2007 and his southern replacement threatened to halt the north’s turn at holding power.

On Friday, four main contenders from the north announced they will put forth a single candidate to challenge Jonathan.

Courtesy CNN[/b]
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
I stand before you today, humbly seeking your support for me, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, to run for the office of the President of Nigeria with Architect Namadi Sambo as my running mate.

We will fight for JUSTICE!

We will fight for all Nigerians to have access to POWER!

We will fight for qualitative and competitive EDUCATION!

We will fight for HEALTH CARE REFORMS!

We will fight to create jobs, for all Nigerians!

We will fight corruption!

We will fight to protect all Citizens!

We will fight for your rights!

My dear country men and women, give me your support, give me your votes and together we will fight to build a great nation of our dreams![

My dear country men and women, give me your support, give me your votes and together we will fight to build a great nation of our dreams!

I cannot end this speech without thanking you all for attending this occasion. Your huge attendance is a loud testimony of your support for us. For this I am very grateful. I pray that the Almighty God abides with you and sees you safely back to your respective destinations.

When you return, tell all those at home that as we celebrate our fifty years anniversary as a nation, Goodluck has come to transform Nigeria and I will never let you down.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Gbawe: 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
oyb:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My brother, just replace all the rhetoric with "we will fight to retain the wealth of Nigeria for the exclusive use of its real owners".
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Arcani: 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
New Federal University,
How well have the existing ones been taken care of?
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Demdem(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
How far? how have we faired? Impressive CV, the retardeen has there cool cool
Re: Goodluck Johnathan's Achievements by Code213: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2014
I know Jonathan achievements

1. He single-handedly brought Facebook to Nigeria
2. He used his pocket-money to renovate airports that flood n leak when it rains.
3. Out of genius, he imported hand-sanitizers and energy-saving bulbs 4rm china
4. He brought national pride and exemplary leadership 2 Nigeria when he famously declared "I don't give a darn" to asset declaration

....I have over 2000 achievements of Jonathan in my archive. I could add to this list if u guys ask me to. Thanks. GEJtill2059

(1) (Reply)

Chevron, Shell Pull Out Of Olokola LNG Project / How To Permanently Solve The Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Within Three Months. / More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.