Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,289 members, 7,887,850 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:12 PM

Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? (12565 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by koruji(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2012
Unfortunately for you Beaf, you are a false prophet.

It is sad to recall that many of the statements you & your cohorts made here on net are contributory to Nigeria's predicament.

All you have is mouth - you will neither do right by the nation. When you guys started off on this route right after the election I did warn you to use your one chance wisely. As with all advice designed to help you along it was deaf ears.

Beaf:

This is how your chaotically stup!d protest that is not backed by a single shred of philosophy or ideology will go:

It is especially enlightening to read the following unashamedly foolish statement:

There will be fewer or no protests in the SE/SS where the oil comes from (this is a point that cannot be overemphasised)

You people are begging for it so bad, that when it finally happens almost no one will lift a finger in your defense - as much as they may find it repugnant. Then we can split this fraud called Nigeria for good.

[list]
[li]There will be major protests in Lagos and the far-North[/li]
[li]All protests will be led by dissidents and opposition figures[/li]
[li]There will be fewer or no protests in the SE/SS where the oil comes from (this is a point that cannot be overemphasised)[/li]
[li]You people will be grouped as political desperados willing to tear Nigeria apart to suit your personal and ethnically centred goals[/li]
[li]Coupled with the threats from boko haram, you will be seen as a security threat and haters of progress[/li]
[/list]

Seen?
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by koruji(m): 12:23am On Jan 03, 2012
Empty barrels make the loudest noise. We can see how well you have handled Boko Haram.

Was it not yesterday one of you in asking GEJ to deal with BH could not resist the phrase "let the Igbos do it"?

Beaf:

Go and carry out your id!ots revolution. You will learn a thing or two.
You will be shocked to find out how badly some of us want Oduduwa and Arewa; more than anything, you will be shocked at how prepared and organised your foes are. We have been looking for any excuse to dump your rotting ship, so please give it to us, run wild and burn shiit down, twist Lagos and bend Zamfara with protests. Lolz!

Dude, go on the streets and freely express your "Egyptian" idiocy. Words are cheap (especially after the sepe has cleared from your eyes).

. . .By the way, "Ihejirika na our blood." Swine, let it kill you.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 12:26am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Was I talking to you? Why don't you leave others to reply to posts directly responding to them?

Dude, This is a thread addressing a specific issue and you went into overdrive. Was aghast at your comment that had no bearing to what you were responding to. If you want only the person you quoted to comment on your post, better send the person an email. This forum is for discussions not only for dialogues between two persons.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Onlytruth(m): 12:30am On Jan 03, 2012
koruji:

Empty barrels make the loudest noise. We can see how well you have handled Boko Haram.

Was it not yesterday one of you in asking GEJ to deal with BH could not resist the phrase "let the Igbos do it"?

And your point is?  undecided   

Y'all are sounding more and more pathetic with your desperation each new day. This SE/SS unity is like a stake through your dracula hearts.
We have you totally figured out now; and like Beaf said, let the protest begin and end in your backyard.
Nonsense.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

Go and carry out your id!ots revolution. You will learn a thing or two.
You will be shocked to find out how badly some of us want Oduduwa and Arewa; more than anything, you will be shocked at how prepared and organised your foes are. We have been looking for any excuse to dump your rotting ship, so please give it to us, run wild and burn shiit down, twist Lagos and bend Zamfara with protests. Lolz!

Dude, go on the streets and freely express your "Egyptian" idiocy. Words are cheap (especially after the sepe has cleared from your eyes).

. . .By the way, "Ihejirika na our blood." Swine, let it kill you.

Suwegbe. Why should I take you seriously when the records on Nairaland anyone can discern is about 20 to 0 in my favour? What have you ever gotten right with your loud, garrulous and emotional assertion based on a weak and corrupt man ( testimony of Oronto Douglas) , essentially a zero going from his public record, you are determined to portray , far above his station, as superman meet meet mandela?

Where is the supremacy you touted GEJ possessed to "level" the North in "killing off" Boko Haram? You are always wrong. Yet you continue to have no shame. GEJ's callous leadership will play into the hands of his enemies and that much has been stated by folks more clever than myself and actually involved in Government to know the dynamics. Keep fooling yourself. Loser.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 12:39am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Suwegbe. Why should I take you seriously when the records on Nairaland anyone can discern is about 20 to 0 in my favour? What have you ever gotten right with your loud, garrulous and emotional assertion based on a weak and corrupt man ( testimony of Oronto Douglas) , essentially a zero going from his public record, you are determined to portray , far above his station, as superman meet meet mandela?

Where is the supremacy you touted GEJ possessed to "level" the North in "killing off" Boko Haram? You are always wrong. Yet you continue to have no shame. GEJ's callous leadership will play into the hands of his enemies and that much has been said by folks more clever than myself and actually involved in Government to know the dynamics. Keep fooling yourself. Loser.

Who gives a phuck what you have to emit from a crusty arse? Carry out your "revolution," and get a free lazy phuckers republic or two. Of course, with neither subsidy nor oil.
Talk is cheap, especially for fools and lackeys of the "owners of Nigeria."

Send a letter to your "owners of Nigeria" telling them that we have told you in the most straightforward and convincing terms, that we do no give the slightest phuck about what they think.

Fool.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 12:42am On Jan 03, 2012
Thought folks came here for a constructive discussion. I see they are just out here to spout hate, tranfer agression from other threads or discussions and proclaim their imagined intelligence or intellectual superiority over others. SMH.

Walks away from thread still shaking head.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by houvest: 12:45am On Jan 03, 2012
@ Onlytruth.

I sent you a mail.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Onlytruth(m): 12:48am On Jan 03, 2012
houvest:

Thought folks came here for a constructive discussion. I see they are just out here to spout hate, tranfer agression from other threads or discussions and proclaim their imagined intelligence or intellectual superiority over others. SMH.

Walks away from thread still shaking head.

My brother I hope you did not expect genuine and honest opinions from Gbawe and crew.
If you did, then, you must have barked the wrong tree. lol
No matter how they try to disguise it, Jonathan's "crime" is not what they say it is.

Trust me on that. Don't lose hope bro. cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf was very very critical of Nigeria before his brother became president. Imagine an Hausa-Fulani in power now, you think Beaf would be this protective? cheesy
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by sheyguy: 12:55am On Jan 03, 2012
Onlytruth:

My brother I hope you did not expect genuine and honest opinions from Gbawe and crew.
If you did, then, you must have barked the wrong tree. lol
No matter how they try to disguise it, Jonathan's "crime" is not what they say it is.

Trust me on that. Don't lose hope bro.  cool
? ? ?
Pls what is Gej's crime in ur own opinion? if u feel there is any.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by kettykin: 1:03am On Jan 03, 2012
there are reasons why i believe what happened in Egypt will fail abysmally in Nigeria first 91% of Egypt is 1 tribe and 1 religion muslims with Libya and tunisia raking up to 98% berber-arabs and 98% muslims. The Divers and often conflicting groups in the country will never agree to a purpose ,

Any protest  will only lead a breakdown of Law and order and ultimately to anarchy and a road back 1966 or an uncertain future , already the Army under an igbo man will never compromise their role to defend democratic Govt of GEJ , the COAS coming from the same state as Ironsi would have been schooled in the Mistakes Ironsi made and would not likely allow himself to sacrifriced by the same forces (i believe the COAS has garrisoned himself and GEJ with hard core loyalist soldiers from the SE / SS ) soldiers should carry arms 24/7 to avoid the foolish ironsi mistakes of 1966 any coup should be won by the stronger side not by th most clever or trickish side.

i laugh at the mistakes people make assuming they can use sit tight protest to unsit a president in Nigeria without a tacit backing of the world powers.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Onlytruth(m): 1:05am On Jan 03, 2012
houvest:

@ Onlytruth.

I sent you a mail.

I responded to your mail bros. wink
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Gbawe: 1:17am On Jan 03, 2012
stillwater:

Beaf was very very critical of Nigeria before his brother became president. Imagine an Hausa-Fulani in power now, you think Beaf would be this protective? cheesy

My guy , most nairalanders now see through his bigoted hypocrisy. The nairaland archives , before GEJ became President, reveal glaringly what a lowlife Beaf is. Imagine the same unprinciples Chameleon now touting OBJ as a "hero" with "swagger" simply because our egotistical former President attempted to play to the gallery on behalf of GEJ?

Beg Boko Haram on behalf of GEJ , to keep the peace that sees the money flowing all the way down to Beaf, and you suddenly become a hero to him never mind his past savage criticism of your character. Beaf stands for nothing and he changes opinion as often as some of us change underpants in a week !!!!  A totally worthless Aso Rock hack. The way he can do a disgraceful u-turn to embrace those he maligned yesterday as "Nigeria's biggest problem" is proof that Nairaland is dealing with a bum who licks the azz of the 'big man' of the day for a living.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 1:24am On Jan 03, 2012
stillwater:

I was objectively critical and at the same time, quite protective of Yar Adua. My posts from the Yar Adua era are replete with rebukes and pleas for people to stop calling the man demeaning names like Yaramugu, Yaradull, Yaraslow etc.

So, I mark your effort as a fail.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 1:29am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy , most nairalanders now see through his bigoted hypocrisy. The nairaland archives , before GEJ became President, reveal glaringly what a lowlife Beaf is. Imagine the same unprinciples Chameleon now touting OBJ as a "hero" with "swagger" simply because our egotistical former President attempted to play to the gallery on behalf of GEJ?

Beg Boko Haram on behalf of GEJ , to keep the peace that sees the money flowing all the way down to Beaf, and you suddenly become a hero to him never mind his past savage criticism of your character. Beaf stands for nothing and he changes opinion as often as some of us change underpants in a week !!!! A totally worthless Aso Rock hack. The way he can do a disgraceful u-turn to embrace those he maligned yesterday as "Nigeria's biggest problem" is proof that Nairaland is dealing with a bum who licks the azz of the 'big man' of the day for a living.

You are a twopenny bigotted hate-filled fool. Who were you referring to as owners of Nigeria below? Who the phuck do you think your ethnic group is superior to?

Gbawe:

keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king[b] today[/b]. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net? Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

[size=14pt]Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.[/size]

Who the phuck are you referring to as "owners of Nigeria," if not Yoruba and Fulani people? You are a disgrace to every educated person.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ejine(m): 1:41am On Jan 03, 2012
But walahi, till tomorrow, the only Nigerians wey really sabi stage useful protests, in my opinion, na Imo people.
From their 1994 riot against Otokoto and his league of murderous ritualists, to their 2011 fight against Ohakim, these our brothers have really proven themselves to be a united force in the face of crushing difficulties. They've so far been the ones to pull off the most successful protests and riots to date. I really dig their style cuz them no be noisemakers, but people who go the fullest when they mean to follow a cause. It's funny, cuz even the more populous places like Lagos and the rest have never really been able to pull off real protests that would change their lives for the better.
Much respect to Imo people.

I'll be watching Lagosians to see if they'll really stick to their word and carry this protest to the fullest tomorrow.

Or will this turn out to be another Lekki protest? Tomorrow will tell.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by ak47mann(m): 1:48am On Jan 03, 2012
protest on subsidy removal will never work in Nigeria,well not from SS/SE cool cool cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 1:57am On Jan 03, 2012
ak47mann:

protest on subsidy removal will never work in Nigeria,well not from SS/SE cool cool cool

is it now a regional-ethnic thing now ?

i bet SS ppl cannot be reasoning like una her even some se people
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ejine(m): 2:04am On Jan 03, 2012
Having said this, no matter how 'bad' things may be in the South, I can authoritatively tell you that the South-East and South-South will never be joining in on any protests. So down here, the South-Westerners are on their own. Sadly so. It would be fun to watch the protest in Lagos, though.

Lights. . . Camera. . . Popcorns. cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:07am On Jan 03, 2012
Ejiné:

Having said this, no matter how 'bad' things may be in the South, I can authoritatively tell you that the South-East and South-South will never be joining in on any protests. So down here, the South-Westerners are on their own. Sadly so. It would be fun to watch the protest in Lagos, though.

Lights. . . Camera. . . Popcorns. cool

SMH well what did I expect before.

SS ppl don't listen to this goons and protest for ur rights.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Nadanbata: 2:08am On Jan 03, 2012
Why Do SE love grouping SS with them. Na by force? Then again it is an Igbo president oo cool cool cool
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:13am On Jan 03, 2012
Nadanbata:

Why Do SE love grouping SS with them. Na by force? Then again it is an Igbo president oo cool cool cool
hmmm

i dey watch u
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ejine(m): 2:17am On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

SMH well what did I expect before.

SS ppl don't listen to this goons and protest for your rights.

I guess I forgot to mention I'm from Ndokwa L.G.A. of Delta State. And you know what that means, bruv? Yeah, it means I'm from that SS you just mentioned.

Nonetheless, my statement was made from gauging the opinion clouds in both regions and summing it up. And another thing you have to take note of, pal, is that I do not support the removal of subsidies. Reading my previous posts coupled with a few seconds of introspection would have made that clear.

PS: I am not an internet tribal knight either; so kindly respect yourself and keep your sweeping conclusions within the confines of your mind. Thanks.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by 2mch(m): 2:23am On Jan 03, 2012
Nadanbata:

Why Do SE love grouping SS with them. Na by force? Then again it is an Igbo president oo  cool cool cool
grin grin grin grin cheesy

Even when all the Igbo's that went home cannot come back to Lagos. rotfl. And it is this same SS that cleared the way for Nigerian forces and turned their backs on their brothers during Biafra. I guess the Igbo will forget that as long as something is passed under the table. Till today, Igbo's have not been able to get their property back. Let us not go down memory lane beaf. If you want to grasp at straws and go ethnic, we will finish your SS claim here. The fact is no matter what you say here, your oga has outdone himself. He has inflicted suffering on his people. He is bold enough, let him face the consequences. Not acting like a coward behind tribal sentiments. Since this is what you are peddling as a representative of GEJ we can say that GEJ is a tribalistic, insensitive and very dull being. Even a Jss1 student knows the effects of the removal. But an illiterate only sees instant gratification and what he can eat. Your oga is sitting in aso rock, hoping to eat 20million dollars worth of food this year. When most Nigerians cannot even eat 3 square meals. Even in your oil producing SS.  Most of the SS oil is offshore sef and belongs to Nigeria. So your chest beating is bullshit. I thought you were boasting before that Nigerians will do nothing. Why are you scared now that the are doing something about it? WHen all fails, grab tribal sentiments right? You have learnt from your master and you will learn. All it takes is for the supreme court judgement to be overturned. tongue
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:24am On Jan 03, 2012
Ejiné:

I guess I forgot to mention I'm from Ndokwa L.G.A. of Delta State. And you know what that means, bruv? Yeah, it means I'm from that SS you just mentioned.

Nonetheless, my statement was made from gauging the opinion clouds in both regions and summing it up. And another thing you have to take note of, pal, is that I do not support the removal of subsidies. Reading my previous posts coupled with a few seconds of introspection would have made that clear.

PS: I am not an internet tribal knight, so kindly respect yourself and keep your sweeping conclusions within the confines of your mind. Thanks.

story story. a beg go tell ignorant people that not ME. Ok

yeah I am also from baylsa thus I am  A south-southern so what are u talking about. Forget my I.D I am from brass island in bayalsa state and I can tell you my household and street.

Now that is said. Good to know u never supported fuel subsidy.

Now I expect protest in the SS and SW for obvoius reason because they are Nigerians just like me and would know what the masses are going through

Yes I do not expect protest in the SE for obvious reasons which is best known to them or people like you.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 2:25am On Jan 03, 2012
Ejiné:

PS: I am not an internet tribal knight either; so kindly respect yourself and keep your sweeping conclusions within the confines of your mind. Thanks.

Abeg, don't mind all those clowns jare! Let them continue to peep in and think their weak argument account for anything.
Me? I will watch their "revolution" fizzle out on TV.
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by aljharem3: 2:27am On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

Abeg, don't mind all those clowns jare! Let them continue to peep in and think their weak argument account for anything.
Me? I will watch their "revolution" fizzle out on TV.

who are the clowns ?

you are making life harder for Nigerians and you do not expect protest ?

you must be the joker here. really
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Lasinoh: 2:29am On Jan 03, 2012
Jonathan has no enemies.
Sanusi said 'retain oil subsdy and perish'. . . Jonathan removed it one time! kiss
He is obeying his masters!
Nigerians are just making useless noise for nothing! grin
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:29am On Jan 03, 2012
The SS are more clever now. They now know who their brothers are. You can't separate us cos blood is thicker than water
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Beaf: 2:31am On Jan 03, 2012
Gbawe: keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king today. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net? Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.

[size=33pt]Gbawe, who are the "owners of Nigeria?"[/size]
Re: Is Jonathan Heading The Ironsi Route? by Lasinoh: 2:33am On Jan 03, 2012
Stoopid question.

Answer? Owners of Nigeria = THE NORTH AND THE WEST!  kiss

JONATHAN GOODLUCK = FIGURE HEAD!

SE = LOSERS!

Equation balanced!

Okonjo Iwaela. . .

From "subsidy will have to wait". . .to "Nigerians please accept subsidy"!
Ironsi as symbolized by the Igbos in Nigeria are not calling the shots here.
Okonjo Iwaela was a sitting duck!
Sanusi called it. . . GEJ obeyed.
Case closed! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan / EFCC Arrests Speaker Of Kano House Of Assembly, And 11 Others / Breath Taking! This Is Onitsha The Media Don't Want You To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.