Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,863 members, 7,876,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Silencing Beaf And Company - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silencing Beaf And Company (2645 Views)

Buhari Answers Questions About His Silencing The Press (Interview) / Attention: Beaf And Sagamite / Beaf : Jonathan ebele azikiwe Goodluck Root Is Igbo, And Not Ijaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silencing Beaf And Company by tollu: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
No I'm not a regular politics board poster but isn't it about time that we all stop acknowledging the GEJ cronies and apologists, Beaf especially.

Arguing with him and his cohorts leads nowhere, it only makes them feel their voices are being heard, they are relevant and they are indeed making an impact.
These guys need to be silenced by our disregard of their views and crappy opinions, the days of business as usual is over.

I do realise that this thread is an acknowledgement of sorts already but here's to hoping it becomes the beginning of an end to Beaf and co's relevance.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
What a boring topic to begin with.

Many of us are not political, me included, but we can spot hypocrisy miles away.

You all gang up on a forum and viscously attack the president of our country. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and childish rants and abuse !!

It appears we have lost respect for ourselves, hence we dare insult the president and his government.

Nigeria is in it's current state because of the failed leadership of yesteryears not to talk of the acute disease of corruption that has spread like gangrene to even the smallest child.

You will do well to realise that the more complex the problems and the damage caused ,  the more time and care is required to rectify the issues.

Let us stop winging and whining and instead pray for out President , that God give him guidance, wisdom and direction for the benefit of us all.

Thanks.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Rhino5dm: 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Can you stand them when they finally come for your head?  on a second thought, i will be here to assist incase, you need me.

**Now playing. . .War stories by 2pac

we tradein war stories, we outlaws on tha rise . Jealuos niggaz, i despise. Look in ma eyez.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by tollu: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ They can only come for the head of someone who can be bothered to even get hot under the collar based on their comments. I choose not to reply to any insults that might arise per this topic.

Thanks for the offer of being there though.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by OAM4J: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
Tolu,

As for me, I want you to be more regular and post more in politics section this year  smiley  wink

That way you will be able to analyze, silence and educate Beaf and company  cool
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by koruji(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
B4 u go too far, you better have a look through Beaf's b4 and since GEJ was elected. You will see that he fits more the description you have below than anyone on this forum.

frosbel:

What a boring topic to begin with.

Many of us are not political, me included, but we can spot hypocrisy miles away.

You all gang up on a forum and viscously attack the president of our country. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and childish rants and abuse !!

It appears we have lost respect for ourselves, hence we dare insult the president and his government.

Nigeria is in it's current state because of the failed leadership of yesteryears not to talk of the acute disease of corruption that has spread like gangrene to even the smallest child.

You will do well to realise that the more complex the problems and the damage caused , the more time and care is required to rectify the issues.

Let us stop winging and whining and instead pray for out President , that God give him guidance, wisdom and direction for the benefit of us all.

Thanks.

Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
koruji:

B4 u go too far, you better have a look through Beaf's b4 and since GEJ was elected. You will see that he fits more the description you have below than anyone on this forum.

I do not agree with Beaf on a number of issues, and I am not here to support or defend him.

I am making specific reference to the president , who despite his shortcomings, has not had an easy time trying to work with various groups in the most trying of circumstances amidst all the abuse , insults and caricaturing of his presidency.

Just not fair !!!
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by BIGERBOY1: 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pastor frosbel, trust me the president himself is not helping matters. The masses are pressed to the wall by unprecedented level of hardship - global economic slowdown, rising insecurity, unprecedented inflation (interns of purchasing power parity), mind boggling corruption. Just imagine , this is just the beginning of the frustration with the president. I didnt vote for GEJ, but get this straight I have nothing to gain from his failure in leadership, if anything I have everything to loose if he fails. But the guy is not even attempting to succed!
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by EvilBrain1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2012
@frosbel

GEJ is not the king of Nigeria, neither is he a military dictator. He is an elected public servant who happens to be doing a spectacularly bad job at serving the public. His policies and poor leadership since entering office have only brought fear, insecurity and poverty to the majority of Nigerians. Meanwhile, he and his cronies are enjoying an increasingly lavish lifestyle which is paid for with money belonging to the poor and downtrodden masses.

In case you don't know, in a democracy, it is the right, nay, the duty of every citizen to criticize a bad leader and remove him from power at the first opportunity. It is the right of every citizen to criticize a good leader so that he may become a better one.

If you have a problem with people abusing GEJ, then feel free to move to North Korea. I'm sure you'd feel right at home there.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
I dey laff
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by philip0906(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
Evil Brain:

@frosbel

GEJ is not the king of Nigeria, neither is he a military dictator. He is an elected public servant who happens to be doing a spectacularly bad job at serving the public. His policies and poor leadership since entering office have only brought fear, insecurity and poverty to the majority of Nigerians. Meanwhile, he and his cronies are enjoying an increasingly lavish lifestyle which is paid for with money belonging to the poor and downtrodden masses.

In case you don't know, in a democracy, it is the right, nay the duty of every citizen to criticize a bad leader and remove him from power at the first opportunity. It is the right of every citizen to criticize a good leader so that he may become a better one.

If you have a problem with people abusing GEJ, the feel free to move to North Korea. I'm sure you'd feel right at home there.
grin grin grin
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by beafroast: 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ frosbel,
i don yarn you to shift go religious zone where your likes dey wait for you.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Gbawe: 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
Evil Brain:

@frosbel

In case you don't know, in a democracy, it is the right, nay the duty of every citizen to criticize a bad leader and remove him from power at the first opportunity. It is the right of every citizen to criticize a good leader so that he may become a better one.

If you have a problem with people abusing GEJ, the feel free to move to North Korea. I'm sure you'd feel right at home there.

wow !!!! What a savage uppercut !!!! Thank you O jare. GEJ , simply put, is doing a terrible job. There has been no single downgrading of his own luxurious lifestyle despite the nation been supposedly cash-strapped. He is hiring special advisors, buying planes and flying record number of Nigerian government officials around the world as if those things are going out of fashion. He has insensitively failed to ask those who can, within a hideously wasteful and bloated system, to bear the burden of sacrifice. rather, he is to be found lobbying, at the most insensitive time, for more money for an NSA failing the nation clearly!!!

To then make matters totally worse, it is now crystal clear , to anyone not into self-deception, from what many of our "good guys" (Femi Falana et al) are saying , that GEJ and his friends are a major cause of the problem they are pretending to be fixing. Who can empathise with such wicked leaders? Some even have the nerve to show up here telling us GEJ is "trying" when we can all see how , under this king of 'free for all' awoof chopulation, fuel subsidy in 11 months of 2011 alone was N1. 4 trillion !!!!! What kind of "trying" is that? N1.4 trillion is almost 40% of what Nigeria has spent on subsidy (circa N3.7 trillion) in 5 years from 2006 t0 2011 !!!! How can anyone overlook such wicked and callous looting GEJ is unable to check or is actually a part of?

What madness will then make us, instead of criticise and condemn him, fervently back the same person who overlooked such theft against Nigerians and is actually now seeking to punish them for his own weakness, incompetence and lack of will? It is even a mark of how docile Nigerians are that criticism is all we have so far for GEJ. Nonsense !!!!
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^

Savage uppercut my foot !

Go , Gej bashers , I will repond to the nonsense posted in the above statement.

Allow me deal with some more important issues for now !
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Gbawe: 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
frosbel:

^^^ 

Savage uppercut my foot !

Go , Gej bashers , I will repond to the nonsense posted in the above statement.

Allow me deal with some more important issues for now !

What? "Nonsense" such as how fuel subsidy from Jan to Nov 2011 cost Nigeria N1.4 trillion? By far the highest ever and approximately a disgraceful 40% of what has been spent in 5 years in total from 2006 to 2011 i.e N3.7 trillion? My friend, you may not like what I say, how I say it or who I say it against but don't sentimentally call statements of facts "nonsense".
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Pain(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
Who is frosbel? Give us a break.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Katsumoto: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
Gbawe:

wow !!!! What a savage uppercut !!!! Thank you O jare. GEJ , simply put, is doing a terrible job. There has been no single downgrading of his own luxurious lifestyle despite the nation been supposedly cash-strapped. He is hiring special advisors, buying planes and flying record number of Nigerian government officials around the world as if those things are going out of fashion. He has insensitively failed to ask those who can, within a hideously wasteful and bloated system, to bear the burden of sacrifice. rather, he is to be found lobbying, at the most insensitive time, for more money for an NSA failing the nation clearly!!!

To then make matters totally worse, it is now crystal clear , to anyone not into self-deception, from what many of our "good guys" (Femi Falana et al) are saying , that GEJ and his friends are a major cause of the problem they are pretending to be fixing. Who can empathise with such wicked leaders? Some even have the nerve to show up here telling us GEJ is "trying" when we can all see how , under this king of 'free for all' awoof chopulation, fuel subsidy in 11 months of 2011 alone was N1. 4 trillion !!!!! What kind of "trying" is that? N1.4 trillion is almost 40% of what Nigeria has spent on subsidy (circa N3.7 trillion) in 5 years from 2006 t0 2011 !!!! How can anyone overlook such wicked and callous looting GEJ is unable to check or is actually a part of?  

What madness will then make us, instead of criticise and condemn him, fervently back the same person who overlooked such theft against Nigerians and is actually now seeking to punish them for his own weakness, incompetence and lack of will? It is even a mark of how docile Nigerians are that criticism is all we have so far for GEJ. Nonsense !!!!  

In other words, GEJ is yet to address the criminally high cost of government. His government has and will not trim the useless fat around the government. How a government can justify removing fuel subsidy when the average senator is earning in excess of $1.2m is beyond belief. I don't really blame GEJ, I blame Nigerians for their very docile and subservient attitudes towards any slowpoke with money.

Frosbel,

You seem to be more concerned with the non-affecting abuses directed towards the president than the seriously affecting evil incompetence and insensitivity of GEJ. Insults directed at GEJ will not stop him sleeping in his bed or signing the cheques/contracts of his buddies while the average Nigerian is currently wondering what to do with his/her life.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by sheyguy: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
U guys complaining about GEJ may need to visit where Gej comes from and see what it is like and how the pple there think.
I am not surprised by his behavior a bit.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by ACM10: 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

In other words, GEJ is yet to address the criminally high cost of government. His government has and will not trim the useless fat around the government. How a government can justify removing fuel subsidy when the average senator is earning in excess of $1.2m is beyond belief. I don't really blame GEJ, I blame Nigerians for their very docile and subservient attitudes towards any slowpoke with money.

Frosbel,

You seem to be more concerned with the non-affecting abuses directed towards the president than the seriously affecting evil incompetence and insensitivity of GEJ. Insults directed at GEJ will not stop him sleeping in his bed or signing the cheques/contracts of his buddies while the average Nigerian is currently wondering what to do with his/her life.

Nice one Mr. Kat
You are at the right place.
Too bad you've been wasting your brilliance in Igbo, Biafra and Ojukwu bashing threads

Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by ACM10: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

Frosbel,

According to Dale Carnegie,
"you never win an arguement".
My advice for you is to avoid threads that is capable of stirring up emotion of certain group of people

Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Jakumo(m): 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thinking up colorful insults to use against the president has been a national pastime in Nigeria, ever since the last of the military dictators left power.   This freedom of speech is a good thing, given that it is one of the key features distinguishing true democracies from military or civilian tyranny.    Furthermore,  newly elected Nigerian presidents are expected to perform feats of magic that instantaneously resolve ALL problems that beset the country at the commencement of their tenure, including situations that were decades in the making.   The pages of gripes and grumbles aimed at Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, all freely expressed to a world internet readership via discussion forums such as this one, at the very least do cement Nigeria's credentials as an obvious adherent to democratic ideals.

President Goodluck Jonathan's decision to allow sudden increases in Nigeria's fuel prices MUST be viewed in the context of the GLOBAL economic meltdown, whose effects are felt by African economies just as acutely as they are in European economies, where government austerity measures have seen thousands take to the streets in protests that spread globally after the initial "Occupy Was Street" sit-in demonstrations were organized in New York last year.  It would be unrealistically optimistic to expect Nigeria's economy to remain buoyant despite the world-wide recession that has sent several countries in the Eurozone to the edge of bankruptcy, simply because  Nigeria happens to be as a major crude oil supplier.  It is equally simplistic to pin the hopes of national economic recovery on a newly elected head of state WITHOUT considering the big picture of global economic uncertainty.

To lighten the blow of increased fuel costs in Nigeria, the current Goodluck Jonathan administration must URGENTLY ratchet up activity on ALL programs relevant to the generation of electrical power for the national grid, with emphasis on the use of gas turbines so as to progressively reduce, then stop the environmentally destructive and wasteful  practice of flaring off flammable gas at oil drilling installations in the Niger Delta.   With electrical power in reasonably consistent supply nationwide, consumer demand for fuel to run "standby" generators will drop considerably, allowing businesses to operate more cost-effectively despite the increase in fuel prices brought in on January 2nd, 2012.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by blacksta(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
Jakumo:

To lighten the blow of increased fuel costs in Nigeria, [b]the current Goodluck Jonathan administration must URGENTLY ratchet up activity on ALL programs relevant to the generation of electrical power for the national grid, with emphasis on the use of gas turbines  that will progressively reduce, then stop the environmentally destructive and wasteful  practice of flaring off flammable gas at oil drilling [/b]installations in the Niger Delta.   With electrical power in reasonably consistent supply nationwide, consumer demand for fuel to run "standby" generators will drop considerably, allowing businesses to operate more cost-effectively despite the increase in fuel prices brought in on January 2nd, 2012.
I laugh in Jakumo

the Bolded is not applicable in Nigeria. You write like GEJ Is able to understand or solve Issues. You obviously dont know what are you talking about. How can you expect solutions from a person who produced no single achievement as an assistant/Governor of a state with the highest receipt of federal allocations and population of under a Million.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
blacksta:

I laugh in Jakumo

the Bolded is not applicable in Nigeria. You write like GEJ Is able to understand or solve Issues. You obviously dont know what are you talking about. How can you expect solutions from a person who produced no single achievement as an assistant/Governor of a state with the highest receipt of federal allocations and population of under a Million.

Muhaha grin grin

Armchair Critics.

You guys are just windbags , sorry to use the word.

Keep criticizing GEJ ,let us see how that will improve the country.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
Evil Brain:

@frosbel

We once had 2 democratic presidents who ruled for 12 years in total , one took Nigeria to the Gutter , yes you got it, Shagari and the other ( Obasanjo ) bumbled  through his tenure without any concrete programme in place to alleviate the plight of the people.

The latter rigged the elections to make sure his man, though half-dead , took the reins of leadership. To be fair, Yaradua was a nice guy, I truly liked him, a pity he was used and abused. Anyway we all know what happened when this poor man fell ill and into a coma, how GEJ was humiliated, undermined but eventually handed over the presidency , albeit grudgingly. For that period Nigeria was leaderless, a total failure of a nation with the elite more concerned about tribal politics than the plight of the masses.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that the issues you mentioned fear, insecurity and poverty, were actually worse under the previous regimes that under GEJ. What is all this madness going on here.

You guys seem to heap all blame on this poor guy, though he is painstakingly, carefully and intelligently laying the foundation for a better Nigeria. We accept there are things he can and should do better, hence my article about the need for better advisers and handlers, however to generally accuse him of failure, denigrate his person and attack his Presidency , blaming it for every woe and vice of the nation, sounds like Frustration shooting wildly and blindly with no target in sight.

[b[b]]In case you don't know, in a democracy[/b], it is the right, nay, the duty of every citizen to criticize a bad leader[/b] and remove him from power at the first opportunity. It is the right of every citizen to criticize a good leader so that he may become a better one.

Indeed , but there is a big difference between constructive criticism and childish insults , abuse and even malignment of the president's character have no place in a civilised society.

If you have a problem with people [b]abusing [/b]GEJ, then feel free to move to North Korea. I'm sure you'd feel right at home there.

I am happy you have used the word abuse here and not criticism because that is exactly what you guys are doing , abusing him. And someone who abuses others is an abuser , which is not a nice word to be called by.

As for North Korea , thanks, but I am not going to an atheist country where there is no freedom of speech and ability to express myself. See what your atheist countries have come to, Muhaha  grin grin
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Jakumo(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
blacksta:

You write like GEJ Is able to understand or solve Issues.

Nigerian President Jonathan grew up in close proximity to the giant, roaring flames of flared natural gas from oil drilling in the Niger Delta, Blacksta, so he is more familiar than most with the destructive power of those 24-hour infernos on the quality of air, land, water and health.   Additionally, his technical and financial advisers no doubt keep the president in the loop, with respect to the feasibility, cost and urgency of proposed energy projects designed to harness that bountiful natural gas reserve.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pain:

Who is frosbel? Give us a break.

Frosbel is a nobody
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
beaf roast:

@ frosbel,
i don yarn you to shift go religious zone where your likes dey wait for you.

My likes  undecided

You mean Boko Haram.

I am a Christian Sir, and a liberal one at that.

Though I would not normally waste my precious time and intelligence with atheists.  grin

I am only here to help people like you !!
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by VoodooDoll(m): 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
Frosbel

Are you Nigerian? You seem to think Shagari served 8 years and I find that very amusing.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^

Slight correction, he had just started his second 4 year term when he was overthrown by that Tyrant , no names mentioned. grin

Anyway corrected, but point still valid.

And the question, 'am I a Nigerian ' I find offensive, an apology is required . Thanks.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by VoodooDoll(m): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
Take is easy bro.

People are annoyed as their savings have been quashed and salaries rubbished and so "the polity is heated".

I do apologise for extrapolating from that one mistake to question your nationality. It was done in an intentionally "dismissive" way to highlight how Nigerians are feeling about GEj's dismissive attitude to fuel subsidy removal.

Pele for the insinuation, but subsidy removal argument needs some tact.
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by vedaxcool(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
I have heard people say frosbel is an anti Nigerian agent, trying to subvert the polity, any case I think he is an extreme simpleton when it comes to reasoning, no offense intended though, that is why people tend to think he is not a Nigerian, just like his brother GEJ whom seem to be undermining the country thru subversive means! well Just a though
Re: Silencing Beaf And Company by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
vedaxcool:

I have heard people say frosbel is an anti Nigerian agent, trying to subvert the polity, any case I think he is an extreme simpleton when it comes to reasoning, no offense intended though, that is why people tend to think he is not a Nigerian, just like his brother GEJ whom seem to be undermining the country thru subversive means! well Just a though

Okay My Boko Haram brother , you are now here. grin

On a more serious note , I thought we had buried the hatchet and established our friendship, why do you chose to speak about me so horribly. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED: Picture Of UNILAG Medical Student That Drowned At Elegushi Beach / Hilarious Jokes To Laugh To This Wonderful Morning / Why Goodluck Jonathan Is Likely To Win 2015 Presidential Election By A Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.