Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,955 members, 7,909,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 08:37 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114937 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 16, 2012
honeric01:

can you post the message he tweeted?

i only posted what was posted to me, call the number to verify.

Haaaa, i no want make person trace my number oh!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by markpenk: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2012
honeric01:

i only posted what was posted to me, call the number to verify.

From Tunde Bakare. Many thanks to all concerned. I haven't been arrested. I'm a law-abiding citizen -- why would anyone want to arrest me? :-) #occupynigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by joshfash(m): 10:34am On Jan 16, 2012
honeric01:

Pastor 'Tunde Bakare has
NOT been arrested and
has recently released this
statement via his
Twitter account
(twitter.com/t_bakare) -
"Please remain calm in
your homes. We have
maintained a stance of
peace throughout the
protests and must not
be rash at this critical
hour. We have also said
NO RETREAT, NO
SURRENDER, and we
remain FIRMLY
committed to seeing #
occupynigeria through.
Details of our next move
will be made public as
soon as possible. Please
remain calm and patient."
Twitter
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Calradised: 10:35am On Jan 16, 2012
take note, the issue that the protests have been called off today was said by tb joshua yesterday in his service.

he also advised president jonathan to come to a compromise.

people should start listening to this man oooooo

here is d video

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wxVZjUHxnk&feature=channel_video_title[/flash]
Go to 5:12:50 to see where he said that the protests would be over.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by megastu(m): 10:37am On Jan 16, 2012
i have called that number but it is switched off. I dont think it is true?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by studyineu: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2012
Tunde Bakare desperate to enter aso rock. Hmmm u no go smell am
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2012
Femi Kuti has opened his shrine at Ikeja for the Occupy Nigeria Rally!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by faithbsimm: 10:50am On Jan 16, 2012
Oh my gosh , as a Canadian, I have to tell you how very proud I am of you who are brave enough to make this stand. I had always hoped Nigeria would join the occupy movement.

It will be a difficult road, but remember, there is strength in numbers, and those numbers include us. The good people of the world (which is most of us) want you to win. The world is changing and you are making history.

We are proud of you, and we love you.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by honeric01(m): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2012
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/kofi-annan-former-un-sec-general-cautioned-jonathan-against-arresting-protest-leaders
Kofi Annan, Former UN Sec. General, Cautioned Jonathan Against Arresting Protest Leaders
Posted: January 16, 2012 - 05:40

By SaharaReporters, New York
Former United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan helped prevail on President Goodluck Jonathan to jettison plans to have the State Security Services (SSS) arrest four leaders of the OccupyNigeria movement.

Saharareporters had revealed the president’s plot which was leaked to us by SSS operatives in Abuja. The SSS was to arrest civil rights attorney, Femi Falana, Fiery Lagos pastor, Tunde Bakare, ex-member of house of representatives, Dino Melaye and and Kaduna based activist, Shehu Sani.

Shortly after our report, Mr. Annan reportedly made a call to President Jonathan expressing grave concern about the planned crackdown on leaders of the mass protest that have swelled in Lagos, Abuja, Minna, Kano, Kaduna and other cities in recent weeks.

A source disclosed that Mr. Jonathan called off the arrest of the activists shortly after speaking with Mr. Annan. However, he insisted that labor leaders call off all street demonstrations.

It was unclear whether the decision not to arrest the protest leaders was partly responsible for Mr. Jonathan's cancellation of a presidential speech that was originally scheduled for 9:00 p.m. Nigerian time on Sunday.

Nigerian Labor Congress president Abdulwaheed Omar told the Associated Press that the NLC had canceled street rallies due to "security concerns" expressed by President Jonathan. Saharareporters learnt that the so-called security concerns had to do with the government’s original plan to target a few prominent activists for arrest.

Mr. Annan call to Jonathan is seen as a major sign that the international community might despatch him to intervene in Nigeria the same way he was called upon to mediate in Kenya's 2008 post-election violence.

RT @savenigeria: Pastor Bakare has not been arrested. Please follow him on Twitter (@T_Bakare) for more updates. Thank you. #occupynigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by success4(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2012
studyineu:

Tunde Bakare desperate to enter aso rock. Hmmm u no go smell am

So if GEJ reverse the price to #65, Tunde Bakare will enter Aso Rock? U're funny!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by 989900: 11:03am On Jan 16, 2012
People need to watch this video and know why nigerian are tired of the same old corrupt system

watch and learn

Thanks for the videos alh_harem

Never thought I'd cry for this country. . .that girl made me shed tears when she said "our parents have failed us" . . . . . .my boy who turns 6 today wondering why I'm crying. . .never knowing I was actually crying 'cause I wonder what the future holds for him as a Nigerian, even though he carries 2 passports by nature of his place of birth. . he's still Nigerian.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by faithbsimm: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2012
I hope and pray one day very soon that you can tell him he's a citizen of the world, and that no matter where he goes people will care for his well-being. You'd be surprise , many of us already do, but we are terribly afraid too. This is a scary situation we are all in together. If we don't win as a human family we will all lose , to the 'powers that be' which are owned by corporations.

Democracy has been lost for almost a hundred years. We just didn't notice. It's time for all of us to choose something new.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by buzor(m): 11:40am On Jan 16, 2012
sometimes i wonder who our so called save nigeria abracabra pastor is trying to save; or may be he is trying to save is vp ambition.
just laughed in igbo language.
i also guess that those still protestin re lazy folks without job causing public nuisance.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by JaaizTech: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2012
buzor:

sometimes i wonder who our so called save nigeria abracabra pastor is trying to save; or may be he is trying to save is vp ambition.
just laughed in igbo language.
i also guess that those still protestin re lazy folks without job causing public nuisance.
You shouldn't be laughing, honestly. Tunde Bakare has been fair in all his accusations and the mathematics He worked out based on GEJ's claims, just proved it all. GEJ is simply a rogue.
Summary of the Maths is below:

According to FG:
Nigeria Consumes 34 million litres of pms per day averagely
Landing cost of pms per litre is =N=131.70 naira
recommended profit per litre =N=9.30

Total Cost of fuel used in 2011 (assuming no subsidy) = 34million(litres)*141naira*365days = 1.75 trillion naira
Total Cost paid by consumer = 34million*65 naira*365days = 807 billion naira approx.
Cost paid by Govt.(subsidy) = 1.75 trillion - 807 billion = 943 billion naira approx.

Subsidy Claimed to be paid by Govt. = 1.4 trillion naira
Difference (Stolen by Who) = 1.4 trillion - 943 billion = 457 billion naira

Take Note:
Bakare & I assumed such a bogus amount of fuel was consumed by Nigerians & their neighbours (as claimed by Govt.);
Bakare&I were modest in our analysis by assuming that NNPC didn't exist, and a such the 34 million litres per day were imported!.

Yet, see the difference, GEJ and Okonjo probably thought we would be too lazy to do the maths. I am dissapointed in Sanusi; How can a President claim He was ignorant of this, this is daylight robbery. GEJ used this money for the elections that is just the simple truth; and lastly GEJ is just another PDP rogue.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bappahman: 11:55am On Jan 16, 2012
DG energy commission is threatening his
staff 2 resume work or b sacked- his
number 08033111631

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by faithbsimm: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2012
@buzor -- Those who DON'T protest a system that isn't working are lazy , not the other way around.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by gamerwalt: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
Any updates from Lagos?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by babestella: 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DrummaBoy(m): 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
GOD BLESS EVERY1 WHO HAS SUPPORTED THE OCCUPY NIG STR PROTEST!
WE SHALL ALL SEE THE NEW NIG!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DrummaBoy(m): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
D Latter Rain Assembly Bakare pastors prayd & fasted evryday of Dec and Bakare preachd everyday, 2ce on Sundays
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DrummaBoy(m): 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
GEJ threw d bombshell Jan1 &som wonder where Bakare d strengh 4 d protests!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DrummaBoy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
D SNG protest have been very peaceful and effectiv; Nigerians will see the end of their enemies and not the other way
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by dalhat14(m): 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
protests going on in kano, peaceful all the way for now
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Gentleboby: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hmmmmm Nigeria.

[img][/img]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by agabaI23(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
hehehe

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
989900:

Thanks for the videos alh_harem

Never thought I'd cry for this country. . .that girl made me shed tears when she said "our parents have failed us" .  .  . . . .my boy who turns 6 today wondering why I'm crying. . .never knowing I was actually crying 'cause I wonder what the future holds for him as a Nigerian, even though he carries 2 passports by nature of his place of birth. . he's still Nigerian.

you are welcome brother. Do you see why I am so passionate about it.

I hope more people would see the 2 videos
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by 989900: 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
I hope more people would see the 2 videos

yes, but i think you'll need to post it on other threads as well.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
989900:

yes, but i think you'll need to post it on other threads as well.

would do so. thanks man

don't worry, Before your son get to our age Nigeria would have been great. Insha Allah
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by honeric01(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Strike called off.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by uproot: 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
Uproot Nigeria is a social network alternative to sites like Google + and Facebook. It is built on the Friendica software, which operates on a decentralized network infrastructure. This means that all data is hosted on local servers in the larger network, which means that your status updates are only stored on the server you join, or on that server and somebody else's server (if you are contacting someone on another Friendica server. This server is running on a minimal Linux server with an encrypted hard drive, meaning your data is totally safe on this server, even if the server got into the wrong hands (i.e. was seized). This is pretty much optimal for planning resistance, protests, strikes, actions, Occupy, etc., so please spread the word!

There are currently two servers up. The first is for Lagos and the surrounding area and can be reached at http://24.27.25.224/ and the second is for Kano and the surrounding area and can be reached at http://70.112.17.69, I have also made a tutorial that explains how to install the Debian Linux OS with an encrypted hard drive and Friendica running if anyone wants to set up their own server: http://beta.etherpad.org/ro/r.UUJTzjanOmY4vQqj . Oh, the servers are also located in the United States, WHERE IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO BREAK NIGERIAN LAW. Fun fact!

Remember that it is often better not to use your real name for an account for safety's sake. You can also access the site(s) anonymously using a program called TOR ( https://www.torproject.org/ ) . If you are experiencing government internet shutdown or media blackout, try to go to https://chat.werebuild.eu and join the chatroom there to get chat tech support.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by executinal(m): 4:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
[/quote][quote author=agabaI23 link=topic=837675.msg9976498#msg9976498 date=1326715309]
hehehe
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 28+ Funny Photos Of Jonathan Vs Buhari Presidential Battle / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.