Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,056 members, 7,903,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! (1322 Views)

Be Blessed Today By Wishing The Great Prophet Happy Birthday / CAC (old/new/current Members And People That Visited Or Know Of) / Wishing You All A Wonderful Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
An Happy Old New Year.

Wishing all N/landers a happy new year. wink
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36am On Jan 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU: An Happy Old New Year.

Wishing all N/landers a happy old new year. wink

Another Happy New Year again.
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 01, 2013
Yes I wish you a happy and prosperous new year too.

I hope you will change this year and really examine the scriptures grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
frosbel: Yes I wish you a happy and prosperous new year too.

I hope you will change this year and really examine the scriptures grin grin

It is my prayer and determination to study the doctrines of Christ and not the doctrines of devils as some folks here are predisposed to doing. tongue
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
All Things New
January 1, 2013.

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful" (Revelation 21:5).

The coming of a new year is a good time to consider that glorious time to come when Christ will make everything new again. In the present age, all things "shall wax old as doth a garment" (Hebrews 1:11) under the bondage of the universal law of decay and death; indeed "the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22).

"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13). There, in the "new Jerusalem," we shall each have "a new name" and sing "a new song" (Revelation 21:2; 2:17; 5:9). We shall have new bodies, "fashioned like unto his glorious body" (Philippians 3:21), and a new dwelling place, prepared by Christ Himself among the "many mansions" in His "Father's house" (John 14:2).

And all the old and dying things will be completely and forever gone. "There shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4). "And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away" (Isaiah 35:10).

What a "Happy New Year" that will be! In the meantime, we have His "new covenant" and have each been made "a new creature" in Christ (Hebrews 12:24; Galatians 6:15). Since all His words "are true and faithful," we know His promises are sure. Therefore, already, "old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" through faith in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by Goshen360(m): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
Happy New Year bro.
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

It is my prayer and determination to study the doctrines of Christ and not the doctrines of devils as some folks here are predisposed to doing. tongue

you mean doctrine of demons like Trinity, eternal torment, tithes and the lot ?

Good to hear.
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2013
Goshen360: Happy New Year bro.

Happy new year and I wish you an error free ministry in your spiritual journey.
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
frosbel:

you mean doctrine of demons like Trinity, eternal torment, tithes and the lot ?

Good to hear.

Why would you want to start this year on a wrong footing?
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by SNCOQ3(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year Ola.
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
SNCOQ3:

Happy new year Ola.

In the year 2013, bitterness can never knock on your door, nigba ti ko mad! Sorrow can never visit you, k'oni fe te now! Death dare not call your number, sincerely speaking, ko to be e! Only goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of this year. Just keep praising God because He's worthy of our praise. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by SNCOQ3(m): 7:35am On Jan 03, 2013
Amen...and Amen. Thank you.
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by ichuka(m): 8:17am On Jan 03, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR BROTHER'
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
i.chuka:

HAPPY NEW YEAR BROTHER'

May God remember you like Noah, favour you like Moses, honour you like Mary, fight for you like the Israelites, prosper you like Isaac, promote you like Joseph, intervene for you like Esther, protect you like Daniel, use you like Paul, heal you like Naaman, answer you like Elijah, anoint you like David, keep you safe like Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego. That is my prayer for you this 2013. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by ichuka(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

May God remember you like Noah, favour you like Moses, honour you like Mary, fight for you like the Israelites, prosper you like Isaac, promote you like Joseph, intervene for you like Esther, protect you like Daniel, use you like Paul, heal you like Naaman, answer you like Elijah, anoint you like David, keep you safe like Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego. That is my prayer for you this 2013. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Amen,Amen and Amen!!
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

All Things New
January 1, 2013.

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful" (Revelation 21:5).

The coming of a new year is a good time to consider that glorious time to come when Christ will make everything new again. In the present age, all things "shall wax old as doth a garment" (Hebrews 1:11) under the bondage of the universal law of decay and death; indeed "the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22).

"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13). There, in the "new Jerusalem," we shall each have "a new name" and sing "a new song" (Revelation 21:2; 2:17; 5:9). We shall have new bodies, "fashioned like unto his glorious body" (Philippians 3:21), and a new dwelling place, prepared by Christ Himself among the "many mansions" in His "Father's house" (John 14:2).

And all the old and dying things will be completely and forever gone. "There shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4). "And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away" (Isaiah 35:10).

What a "Happy New Year" that will be! In the meantime, we have His "new covenant" and have each been made "a new creature" in Christ (Hebrews 12:24; Galatians 6:15). Since all His words "are true and faithful," we know His promises are sure. Therefore, already, "old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" through faith in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). HMM

For more . . . .

All things New.
Re: Wishing You An Happy Old, New Year! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Daily Manna

A New Realm.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013

TEXT: REVELATION 22:1-8

"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb" (Revelation 22:1).

In Valladolid, Spain, where Christopher Columbus died in 1506, stands a monument commemorating the great discoverer. Perhaps, the most interesting feature of the memorial is a statue of a lion destroying one of the Latin words that had been part of Spain’s motto for centuries. Before Columbus made his voyages, the Spaniards thought they had reached the outer limits of earth. Thus, their motto was "Ne Plus Ultra," which means "No More Beyond." The word being torn away by the lion is "ne" or "no," making it read "Plus Ultra." Columbus had proven that there was indeed "more beyond."

Having seen the holy city, John is now shown, by the angel, the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. The river reflects the crystal-like quality of the city itself or of the glassy "sea" in front of the throne in John’s first vision of heaven (Revelation 4:6). The river’s centrality to the city as a whole and its visibility to all residents are emphasised.

A common question people ask is: ‘What will heaven be like?’ The Bible really doesn’t go into specifics about heaven. This is because "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him" (1 Corinthians 2:9). Our minds simply cannot comprehend the glory that awaits us. But while it’s true that we don’t know the details about heaven, the Scripture does give us a general idea. What we discover is absolutely mind-blowing! The city functions clearly beyond the limits of our planet earth.

As we stand on the threshold of a new year, heaven beckons on as many as are willing to come on board and explore the breath-taking glory of an endless life with Christ. Take that daunting step of total yieldedness to Christ today and begin a life filled with glory and virtue.

Thought for today: Life on earth would be empty if there is nothing after it"[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Talk Again On Boko Haram. / An Example Of Atheist Morality? / Fifteen Signs Of False Humility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.