Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,784 members, 7,882,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:13 PM

Help With A New Key/remote - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help With A New Key/remote (1521 Views)

How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote / 2002 Bora (bank Use) 470k, & CarinaE wagon with Remote key, engine Immobilizer 5 / Honda Accord 2003 - 2007 Key Remote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With A New Key/remote by engrbrume(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2007
any guru around??I lost the key/remote to my 2000 Toyota Land cruiser.All I've got is the spare, which can only open the doors.Does anyone know how I can get a new one that'll work with the jeep? Anyone here in Nigeria that can help me out with a new key/remote? Heeeelp!!!!
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Ivvie: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2007
I want to believe it's the remote-key integrated style. The good news is that Toyota share's it's key style across all its brand. Dealer is going to have to cut the key out and create a relationship for the transponder.

If it's just the fob, then you are in so much luck. Get yourself another copy on eBay. There are programming instructions online for the pairing of that vehicle.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by sultaan(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2007
This is what you need
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-1999-2000-98-99-00-TOYOTA-LANDCRUISER-KEY-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ150167559877QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If the spare you have can only open doors and not start the truck, its either someone did not cut it right or romote not programmed. you'll get free instruction to programme it.
This is what happens when technology goes way past Africans while the whole country is focused on PDP or ANPP.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Panache(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2007
Find out if it can open the glove compartment. If it can't then what you have is the valet key.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Ivvie: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2007
@Sultaan

I can't believe someone bought that remote for $99. Those aren't OEM. People have to be a lot careful.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by sultaan(m): 6:09am On Oct 14, 2007
I got 2 sentry keys and a remote from ebay for a GC and it works great. Even got another set for an Accord and programmed it myself no problem.

The thing with egrbrume is if hes does not have an original key to cut a spare, its straight to dealership.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Ivvie: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2007
$99 is what you will pay at the dealership for a keystyle remote. The remote on eBay wasn't OEM. Remotes could be cloned. I just wouldn't pay that much for something that isn't original equipment. That was pricey.

There should be a penalty for not using OEM. I understand dealerships are overpriced but what would be the main difference? I guess in a few months or years, the range would diminish drastically. Any idea?
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by engrbrume(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2007
Thanks guys.I'll let u know when i finally solve my problem.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Guardian(m): 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2007
GREAT

Dear All,
am impressed with your responce and sincer views on this thread. I think I can count on you here.

I got a seller who tells me they bring in cars from the states. I am interested , but cautious. You could assit .
The vehicle VIn is JN8AR07YXYW434252 and a Nissan Pathfinder. Could you kindly assist is this a GOOD buy.

What's the history ? Lemmon, damaged, accidented ?

I look forwared to your expert advise.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Ivvie: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2007
There are paid services that give vehicle history. Though, not 100% but it's a starting point. I can only give carfax but there are others. Some people don't need it because of their trained eyes and deep perception about things but I do. It'll be very helpful in the long run. The first car I ever bought was a serious lemon and I ended up giving it to a salvage dealer. It had no value. It had 22 pages of carfax history (clean report is 9 pages) and these were serious issues. It came to lime-light when the state of Louisiana would not register the car because it was deemed salvage. And worse, a nigerian sold it to me explioting the fact that I needed a vehicle from school to my apartment.

Start from Carfax, I don't know how much it is now. Some accidents may not be reported, so you do a careful observation too. Don't forget to check the transmission fluid (smell and colour).

All the best to you, man.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by shaiguy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2007
@ Guardian

All in the name of cheap cars, Nigerians are being sold lemons, buyers beware

Here is the details you asked for

The car has had at least 2 owners and you are about to be sold a lemon

2000 NISSAN PATHFINDER LE/SE/XE
JN8AR07YXYW434252
4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
3.3L V6 SFI SOHC 12V / 4 WHEEL DRIVE

Inconsistent odometer reading indicated. (120,320 )
Accident reported on 08/08/2003.
[/color]

Need an affordable, certified SUV(Jeep) with absolutely no issues visit

Flexible payment options available with various banks

www.smartbudgets.biz
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Ivvie: 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2007
Shaiguy

I am not surprised. My friend is sending his Mitsubishi Outlander to Nigeria because it has no value in the United States (it's been in accidents and driven harshly since he owned it). Cosmetically it looks decent and neat but a car accidented looses a huge value how much more repeated. Someone coached him that he'd make the initial amount he bought the car for. It's easy selling a car in the United States if all is well and clean in records. I wonder why they send it home and broadcast that it's for sale. I guess this is the answer.

Peace Man and may you never be played in life.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by shaiguy(m): 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2007
Too true Ivvie,

Nigerians need to be very careful when buying cars, my folks in the states informed me that there are currently loads of Nigerians in the US right now, stocking containers with salvaged vehicles that look decent for onward shipping to Nigeria for sale to unknowing Nigerians.

FOLKS!!!!! Check your vehicle's carfax before committing to a vehicle, no matter how good it looks.
Also beware of VIN cloning which is also now on the increase.

I will try to help with VIN reports as much as i can
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Ivvie: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2007
That is so true. I currently know somebody doing this presently. The uncle of the one that owns the Outlander. He stays at home all day while his workshop rebuilding salvage cars to be sold. It's a very big business. Funny enough, all his cars are below 40,000 miles.

Goodness!

I think people should also ask for titles too. It's even risky to buy a car used by more than two owners.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by shaiguy(m): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2007
Wow !!! shocked

What a family
This is the single most interesting and disgusting piece of info i have had in recent times
so sad so sad, so very sad sad
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by Ivvie: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2007
You don't know a quarter of the story yet.  The things my friend has said and the way he treats his parents is unquestionable.  Some people were just raised bad. This is the same person that told his mother to her face why he wasn't born in america as her friends were doing. Rude slowpoke!  Some people loose their roots when they go overseas.  I've been warned to stay from him.
Re: Help With A New Key/remote by sultaan(m): 6:31am On Oct 22, 2007
Considering what people are paying for import duty on used cars, nobody in his right mind will buy a car from a dealer/owner ship it to naija and expect to make a profit.

Peolple with dealers licence go to salvage auctions and buy these writeoffs to to substandard repairs.Since its not going to be regitered in US(no inspection) its on its way to naija for N1.8m-N2.4m.
I know a guy who bought 3 end of story hondas for about $3k each, fix for $400 and they are in Naija now for sale to some lucky buyers

(1) (Reply)

Cars From The U.s.a / 2003 Ford Escape Xlt, Up For Sales. Nobody Beats Phammyus Deals / 2007 Honda Civic ( If You're Not Inspired You Can't Be Inspired )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.