Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri (1705 Views)

PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram / 'why They Are Attacking Bola Tinubu': Analysis By Danladi Daniels / 9-month-old Baby Burnt To Death In Sapele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by aljharem(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
APELE- ENRAGED youths, numbering over 2,000, armed with battleaxes, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons went on rampage, Friday, sacking and inflicting injuries on over 50 Muslims at the Hausa quarters, Sapele in Sapele Local Government Area of Delta State.

A northern security guard was shot dead in a separate incident by a gang of armed robbers that attacked a school in Sapele on Thursday.

Vanguard gathered that the youths were incensed by the uninhibited attacks on churches and killing of Christians in the northern part of the country by the Islamic Boko Haram sect.

Two of the persons suspected to have carried out the onslaught were, however, arrested by the police in Sapele.

There was pandemonium following the attack on Muslims, who were ordered to vacate the town in their own interest since Boko Haram members had also issued ultimatum to Christians to leave the north.

Secretary of a Muslim Media group in Sapele, Sadiq Oniyesaneyene Musa who spoke to Vanguard on the attacks by Sapele youths said, “We are disturbed by this attack on Muslims in Sapele and the order that all Muslims in Sapele should return to the north. I am a Muslim and an Itsekiri from Delta state, where do they want me to go to, this is my homeland”.

Musa said the youths besieged Muslims in the town very close to the mosque that was bombed, last year, and injured a lot of faithful.

“We called the director of the State Security Service, SSS, Asaba and the Area Commander and they responded. The Joint Task Force, JTF, on the Niger-Delta also deployed soldiers to take care of the situation”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/over-50-injured-as-angry-youths-attack-muslims-in-sapele/
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by jason123: 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
This is so sad.

A year ago, I told someone on the forum (he knows himself) that there are Itsekiri Muslims, he said I am a lair.

Kpogede, we are killing OUR brothers!!!
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
If people ar sincere they suld protest against bokoharam and NOT against subsidy removal!
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by aljharem(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
cogitoErgo:

If people ar sincere they suld protest against bokoharam and NOT against subsidy removal!

If people are sincere we SHOULD PROTEST AGAINST BOTH !!!!!

we are not protesting against the removal of fuel subsidy but the implementation and the required things not in place.

More over if the price of fuel remains at 140-250 naira, then boko haram is just the beginning of our wahala
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by 9javoice1(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
When are we going to protest against boko haramites killings of innocent southerners at will?---------------evil[/b]when are we going to protest against fulani killings of their host communities around the country?-----------[b]evil
when are we to protest against inbalance cutoff marks in examination system?-----------------------------------injustice
when are we to protest against any group in nigeria making life unbearable to other's?-------------------------time bomb
when are we to protest the custant police killings of southerners?----------------------------------------------------very bad
when are we to to protest against sharian adoptation in our secular society?--------------------------------------time bomb
when are we to protest our porouse borders especialy niger,chad borders?----------------------------------------deception and destructive
when are we to protest mixing religion and tribalism with our politics?------------------------------------------------time bomb
when are we to say no to all these corruptions in our national system?----------------------------------------------poisonous
i blv subsidy is the last thing we all shall protest against lets dealt with the above first if not, we are going nowhere.
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Osama10(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
Itsekiri muslim sounds funny.
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Chyz2: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2012
Osama10:

Itsekiri muslim sounds funny.

That's because it is funny.
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Where is that Otokx that was speaking Greek ☺ƞ my thread. Come and dispute this.
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by deols(f): 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
too bad sad
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Abagworo(m): 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2012
I'm starting to believe in conspiracy theory. Everything written by that guy in one article "Nigeria targetted for destruction" is happening exactly as he wrote it. His prophesy don pass TB own o!
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2012
Honestly,ethnic groups in Nigeria need to learn about religious tolerance from the yorubas.If you want every muslims in sapele out of delta state,what happens to indigenious deltans that are muslims ? Will deltan christains send their fellow muslim deltans up north for killing by the boko harams because of intolerance ? Most people dont really know what they are fighting against !
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by muyoto: 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
the script is evidently playing out successfully, so far at least.

just to be clear, once the reprisals begin to spread to other Southern States, and then the militants up North intensify their attacks against Christians, in, as they will claim, response to the reprisals down South,  . .what next?  undecided undecided
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Nadanbata: 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ Abagworo

Its not conspiracy read make a judgement given the facts and history. Peoples eyes are closed thats why they cant see not jsut in Nigeria. cool cool cool
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Nadanbata: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
Please gallant and brave Nigerians soldiers. I beg you to save the nation instantly. Tak over from GEJ and all the politicians in the country.  The nation has got too many waste of blood through politicians. Remember your oath when you joined the force.  You are the one to be the first victims, incase things are not put into control. No matter which part of Nigeria you as a soldier might come from. You are humain. You shall get to know one day that either a friend or brother or child had fallen to these madness created by our politicians. How long shall you remain neutral. Please any courageous officer, be you a corporal or with no rank, please save the nation.  Politicians are not ripe for politics in Nigeria.

17 likes  cool

The politicans are 110% the cause of Nigeria problems. They do not care for anyone in the country the majority of them. Look how much their pay and allwonace is but they want to chop subsidy. GEJ has not been strong in coming out and reassuring Nigerians.

This Boko Haram na Ghost. Invisibl,e anyone attacks Boko Haram Boko Haram. Zero evidence nothing. Divide and conquer cool
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by ifeci: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2012

Don't speak to us about sincerity, we are protesting both!
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by bombay: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
First they came for the Igbo,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't an Igbo.

Then they came for the Northern Christians,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Northern Christian.

Then they came for the Northern minorities,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Northern minority.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

By Ezeuche
Much respect what he has said is coming to pass.
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by kpogede77: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Jason123
I know some of the few Itsekiri Muslim in that mosque, we have advise them to suspend their religion this period and stay away from the mosque but they refuse. Sapele could be worse than Maiduguri when the jungle mature because the exit from sapele is to the ocean. We have suspended our religion and cried to the gods of our land, they should suspend their own as well or risk attack by mistake. By the grace of Umale-Okun we shall succeed.
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by jason123: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Kpogede, we have to be very careful. We are mixing religion with ethnicity and politics which is a DANGEROUS cocktail! People are instigating us to fight and trying to tribalise, ethnicize, regionalize and politicize the issue here. We MUST not give them the chance.

Secondly Kpogede,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-840351.288.html#msg9909741

Please read and digest that.

Till we speak again. My God not allow us to disgrace ourselves and ancestors!
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by muyoto: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
hmmm. . .
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by udezue(m): 1:01am On Jan 07, 2012
Now why would an Itsekiri choose to practice such a violent religion? MADNESS
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by Obiagu1(m): 3:29am On Jan 07, 2012
Sadiq Oniyesaneyene Musa is a liar!
If he is an Itsekiri, why should he be worried? Does he live in Hausa quarters?

It's like a Yoruba Muslim peeing on his pants because Yorubas said Muslims should return to the North
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by aljharem(m): 3:34am On Jan 07, 2012
Obiagu1:

Sadiq Oniyesaneyene Musa is a liar!
If he is an Itsekiri, why should he be worried? Does he live in Hausa quarters?

It's like a Yoruba Muslim peeing on his pants because Yorubas said Muslims should return to the North

Yoruba again.

someone called himself Oniyesaneyene, you are calling yoruba again ?

well you are right, itsekiris are yorubas
Re: They Are Attacking Us In Sapele - I Am A Muslim Itsekiri by NegroNtns(m): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2012
obiagu, i will pretend i didnt see what you remarked. do not repeat the error!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Alone Could Provide The Power Needs Of All West Africa. / Nigeria And South Africa Are Africa's Biggest Fraud Centres - KPMG / US To Work With Nigerian Army To Tackle Islamists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.