Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,386 members, 7,971,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:26 AM

PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG (29318 Views)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by sconsults: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=30pt]SO FINALLY JONATHAN PEOPLE DON COLONIZE NAIRALAND.GOOD WORK TO ALL OF UNA.WITHIN 5 MINS
OF POSTING THIS INFORMATION,WE DON GET 20 COMMENTS ALL OF THEM SUPPORTING JOHNATAN.

LABARAN MAKU,I HAIL YOU.CONTROL OF SOCIAL NETWORKS. [/size]
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
blacksta:

I am confused  -

Who is currently providing electricity - is not phcn  - when you scrap an organisation  - I thought transition to the new company would have happened before scarping .

Abeg give me break  - Things like this only exists on the pages of newspapers.  

Next month you will hear " Scrapping to commence 2013 "  -   Who is fooling who  - here.

One thing I have definitely observed during this subsidy protest - All government  agencies even the ones that are redundant are all currently sending out positives messages via twitter, facebook , tv, and so all.

Definitely propanganda machine is work -   Let see who will win.

Do you read news at all ? These companies were established by OBJ but never effected them. They existed legally but were never implemented. Stop sounding convictions on issues you know little or nothing about. Anyway, I can forgive you, you started by saying you are confused
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dbride: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax the ''intelligent, literate'', please help me out.  Jonathan had this plan, why did he budget 145million naira to maintain generating set in the villa? Or is this PHCN liquidation an after thought?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by onchefx: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
nigerians are funy set of people,now we are singing the praise of gej for liquidating phcn,but we wanted to crucify him on the  issue removalof fuel subsidy,fellow nigerias let us allow gej to tranform this country that the hausa's have distroyed with coruption,misappropriation and the like all hail gej
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Ess: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
3kay945:

Odechukwu cronies plenty for here. Kai!

Na so dem dey line up to get him release after they finish blowing him!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by iykak47: 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
Presido carry go nothing do you.
Enemies of progress are not happy with this good news because
they want bad news so that they would curse their pally
thinking they are insulting our Presido.
Fuel subsidy-bye bye
Nepa/phcn - bye bye
boko haram-next
corruption-  next
good roads -next
Nlc/Tuc -next.
God Bless Nigeria My motherland.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by ektbear: 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
Not really a meaningful move until the PHCN successor companies are privatized.

Doesn't make a difference if they are all directly employees of PHCN or now employees of the successor companies; in the end still government employees.

Much ado about nothing, I think.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by mykali(m): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
a  good development. . .i just hope this puts a bit of the people's hopes in the man
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by bondold: 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
good idea. but jonathan ur score is still a failure
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
@sconsults,
So you also noticed! It is so obvious 2 or 3 mo*orons opens several accounts to act as if the id*iotic GEJ has many supporters.

I don't know who they think they are fooling.

Who else can do a more senseless thing aside Reno Omokri (Beaf aka LeoMax).
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by blacksta(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Doesn't make a difference if they are all directly employees of PHCN or now employees of the successor companies; in the end still government employees.

Just what i stated earlier - Many here behave like they lack formal education.  

what is the name of the transition company  - where is their struture.

I guess  it is another one of those "  23 licences given to refinery operators"
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by awuf2008: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
This is long overdue and i hope it is not the same fruitless efforts of the past.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=13pt]Did you know that Theophillus Danjuma was settled by OBJ will Oil well to keep me away from Presidency GEJ will dismantle of these arrangee cabals. Dem plenty, lets support him to do more, [/size]
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2012
Did you know that Theophillus Danjuma was settled by OBJ with Oil well to keep him away from Presidency Huh GEJ will dismantle of these arrangee cabals. Dem plenty, lets support him to do more,
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dbride: 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax, I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE. WHY DID JONATHAN BUDGET 145 MILLION FOR MAINTENANCE OF GENERATING SET IN THE VILLA IF HE KNEW HE HAD THIS PLAN? AN AFTER THOUGHT?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by iyes(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
Propaganda!

What is new about this? How many times are we going to be told this "unbundling PHCN" story? Performance is what we want, not stories!

My friend, Where is the light?!!!

NITEL is fresh on my mind. Mchewwwwwww!!!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Repubocrat(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Well said. There are three questions that I have after reading that article?
1. What exactly are the domain names of these succeeding companies
2. Are they still government owned? I think so because the article didn't say jack about private companies.
3. Why the heck do they need to absorb the incompetent bas.tards that previously worked for PHCN?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
dbride:

LeoMax, I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE. WHY DID JONATHAN BUDGET 145 MILLION FOR MAINTENANCE OF GENERATING SET IN THE VILLA IF HE KNEW HE HAD THIS PLAN? AN AFTER THOUGHT?
Sorry DBride, Its a back-up plan and its called budget, if not utilized, the logistics unit will return it back to the budget unspent committee. Even White house have Electricity back-up plan and a budget allocation to it. I can send you exerpts
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by 989900: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
a  good development. . .i just hope this puts a bit of the people's hopes in the man

"a bit of hope"? maybe, maybe not.

It's actually a welcome development if properly implemented, but I think that "a bit of hope" and trust will come once power supply is uninterrupted.

Until then lipsrsealed
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dustydee: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
A cautious kudos.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Beaf1: 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
Oh please give us a break.  This is how pple start jubilating then later start singing a different song things turn out not as they promised. This is not new with this government and until we started seeing practical changes,

We will give credit when it due, period.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by AZeD1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

It is a common knowledge that Diesel and Petrol marketers used to Bribe NEPA aka PHCN to turn off eletricity that we can buy fuel. Now Subsidy is gone and PHCN gone, they are fighting the last battle. I repeat, there is no going back on Subsidy, when people are tired of staying at home, they will fight NLC to allow them back to work. Its always sweet in the first 1 week, after 1 week, hahahahaa I wil laff in Urhobo
Dude even a 3 year old cant make a statement this daft unless the marketers also suppy all the phcn staffs diesel and petrol to run there gens cos last i checked phcn staffs still lived in Nigeria.
Total generating capacity of Nigeria = 6000mw
Nigeria needs nothing less than = 20,000mw to have 24hrs light.

2mch:

Hasn't PHCN/NEPA been sold since OBJ. So all glory to GEJ. Desperate people looking for a life line. grin grin cheesy. There is fire on the mountain, run run run!
Obj did not sell them, he created 18 successor companies but yaradua reversed it
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Tabon: 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2012
That is good. I know GEJ will be celebrated as a Hero. Nigerians let us be patient with him.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by laCapri: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nice move.
GEJ is beginning to impress me.
Those of u 'occupying' naija be careful not to end up occupying ur graves oh.
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by humblebee: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
onchefx:

nigerians are funy set of people,now we are singing the praise of gej for liquidating phcn,but we wanted to crucify him on the  issue removalof fuel subsidy,fellow nigerias let us allow gej to tranform this country that the[b] hausa's have distroyed with coruption,misappropriation[/b] and the like all hail gej  

you were on point until you wrote this bolded, im not Hausa or from the North but it sounds very silly
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
We are celebrating a change in name while the whole organization remain same?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by insideview: 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Whatever your grouse with GEJ, this is a good move. dont really care for the OccupyNigeria thing. People will always make noise when moved out of their comfort zone (anyone recall the League of Professionals when SLS was trying to clean up the banking sector?)

Bottom line is, the Subsidy was way past overdue, just as we all agree PHCN needed reorganization. The timing of the removal may be thoughtless but the basic premise is sound and thats enough for me.

Word of advice (my democratic 2 kobo)
Save money and scale back, the removal has come to stay. Labour, the House of Reps, and the fuel importers know the game they're playing and trust me its not about the ordinary man on the street, (ever hear of human shields)

I for one hopes GEJ doesn't blink. He should continue his restructuring of other sectors in the manner of PHCN and the downstream sector.

The best way to take bitter medicine is all at once.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Akiika: 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hmmmn! we forget too soon? what happened with the NITEL privatization? Who was it sold to? Has it improved NITEL services?
In as much as this should have been a good idea,, but the implementation will be flawed, due process will be ignored, corruption will raise it's ugly head again.
Trust me, 90% of those 18 companies will be owned by corrupt politicians that stole our monies, our money will be used to buy our property.
And to those of you hailing Jonathan for his ineptitude, aren't you ashamed of yourself? do you guys have any conscience? Why can't he fight corruption first? what is he scared of?, too much skeleton in his cupboard too?
Why did it take him fuel subsidy removal protest to understand he's running an excessively BIG govt? Now he is talking of 25% slash in basic salary, is the waste really on the basic salary or the supid allowances? does he think Nigerians are still this stupid? I think he may have nailed iown coffin with this subsidy removal saga. Don't forget that he is a weakling, an ordinary uneducated bunch of political thugs (Boko Haram), he can't curtail.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by tboy11(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
Power sector isnt d major resource that drives the economy,deregulating the downstream sub-sector of petroleum industry is too dangerous cos thats what drive the economy of this nation if proper care is nt taken our economy could be in the hand of foreign investors and what they decide happens in the economy. Isnt that another colonisation?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Sike(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
Tabon:

That is good. I know GEJ will be celebrated as a Hero. Nigerians let us be patient with him.
Taaaaaaaaaaaah!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dbride: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax, how deep are you? You wonder why I asked this question. Sometimes you are at the border treading softly, neither here nor there, other times you jump in so elated but lacking of any deep consideration. So I ask again why would Jonathan budget 145million to maintain generating set in the villa if he already knew he would scrap PHCN? Or he does not have confidence in PHCN's replacement?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by JimmyBoy1: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
They have been transferring NEPA/PHCN to private owners since year 2000, don't roll out the drums yet, till it is successfuly done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC's Akin Alabi(Nairabet Owner) Flags Off His Campaign For House Of Reps. (pix) / Photo Of Buhari Receiving A Phone Call Regarding The Released Kankara Students / "Abure Is A Thief, He Must Go": NLC Shuts Labour Party Secretariat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.