Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,142 members, 7,907,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:17 AM

Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? (1184 Views)

Is It A Crime To Be Good Looking? / Do Ladies Find Men Who Are In Touch With Their Feminine Side Attractive? No Homo / Is It A Crime To Be Ugly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by edydeyemi(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2012
My girlfriend is freaking out cos my ex and I are back on talking terms. She goes crazy whenever I get a call from my Ex or whenever she tries chatting with me of FB?

I have tried to make her understand that its harmless and we are just friends, but she won't believe me. I guess she is just insecure and immature about the whole thing.

Pls fellow nairalanders, advise me on what to do, cos I am getting tired of her unfounded accusations.
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Mynd44: 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
I rhink you should ask yourself if you would be comfortable if she and her ex becomes buddies
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mynd_44:

I rhink you should ask yourself if you would be comfortable if she and her ex becomes buddies

GBAM!!
Infact GBAMMED!!!
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by slimyem: 11:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mynd_44:

thread locked!!!
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Natasha2(f): 12:08am On Jan 12, 2012
First no its not a crime and its not wrong either, I always say this and I will continue to say it just because someone is your ex doesn't mean they should become your enemy. My best friend is my ex, so even when I got a new bf there was no way I could cut ties with him, like what for?  there were few times we even went out together and my bf knew about all of it, and he had no problem with it because of trust. Your girl  has a big problem, some people are just too jealous, for crying out loud she should take a chill pill, why is she so insecure? One of the foundations of a good relationship is trust and if its absent that relationship won't go anywhere.

BTW hope you don't have feelings for your ex cos if you do then keeping in touch will be a bad idea, but if you're over her and you love your current gf then there's no problem.  cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Mynd44: 12:29am On Jan 12, 2012
Natasha, well said
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by imalady: 12:38am On Jan 12, 2012
to be honest i dont think its a crime so long as both parties set boundaries, fine you can reminisce once in a while about the good old days, but let history stay with history,
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Natasha2(f): 12:58am On Jan 12, 2012
Mynd_44:

Natasha, well said
Thanks mynd wink and Happy new year cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by chux4liv(m): 2:28am On Jan 12, 2012
Well said but we*re human a time may arise when that love making style u made back in the days will catchup with u and ur ex and u knw the flesh cant save u from not doing ur urge , Its the real fact but all along u cant stop their friendship
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by kramer: 2:47am On Jan 12, 2012
Natasha,,:

My best friend is my ex, so even when I got a new bf there was no way I could cut ties with him, like what for?  there were few times we even went out together and my bf knew about all of it, and he had no problem with it because of trust.

It could also be because he's doing something much worse behind you and so can't complain tongue grin lipsrsealed

BTW hope you don't have feelings for your ex cos if you do then keeping in touch will be a bad idea, but if you're over her and you love your current gf then there's no problem.  cheesy

The problem here is that you can never predict what his ex is thinking, she could secretly still be infatuated with him and simply waiting for the right moment to pounce, Am not saying you should cut off your ex totally but if you are really serious about your current gf then you should definitely minimise the time you spend with your ex or watch what you guys talk about. Dont drag your old relationship into your new one
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by iice(f): 4:02am On Jan 12, 2012
Situations differ. What is important is how you want your relationship to go and what you are willing to compromise/sacrifice on. If you are tired of her unfounded accusations then do something to stop the unfounded accusations from coming. Either you let go of something or you bear it without complain.
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Mynd44: 6:11am On Jan 12, 2012
Natasha,,:

Thanks mynd wink and Happy new year cheesy
Same to you dear. Are you on YIM? My email iss up there
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Natasha2(f): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
kramer:

It could also be because he's doing something much worse behind you and so can't complain  tongue grin lipsrsealed
lolz  grin
Mynd_44:

Same to you dear. Are you on YIM? My email is up there
okay
Re: Is It A Crime To Keep In Touch With Your Ex? by Mynd44: 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2012
aight

(1) (Reply)

Wuld U Marry Someone That Is Not Your Religion? / Confused / Help Him Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.